5 Best (FASTEST) VPNs for Popcorn Time in July 2020
- What to Look for in a VPN for Popcorn Time
- The Best VPNs for Popcorn Time – Full Analysis (Updated July 2020)
- CyberGhost – Streaming-Optimized Servers
- NordVPN – Fast Speeds for Buffer-Free Streaming
- ExpressVPN – Unlimited Speeds and Bandwidth
- Surfshark – Bonus of Unlimited Simultaneous Device Connections
- Private Internet Access – Beginner-Friendly for First-Time Users
A good VPN can help you stream Popcorn Time safely and anonymously from anywhere in the world, even if it’s censored in your country.
You need a VPN that can bypass geoblocks to unlock Popcorn Time, and encrypt your data so you can watch the movies and TV you want without anyone tracking your activity.
Not all VPNs are equal, and you’ll need the best service available to protect yourself while you stream. Because of this, our streaming experts have tested the top VPNs to find out which providers work best for Popcorn Time. Read their recommendations below to find out how using a VPN can set you up for your next movie marathon, no matter where you live.
- CyberGhost: Optimized, high-speed servers offer the ultimate streaming experience.
- NordVPN: Overcome any geo-restriction with NordVPN.
- ExpressVPN: Unrivaled connection speeds eliminate buffering for good.
- Surfshark: Unlimited simultaneous connections will protect all your devices at once.
- Private Internet Access: Large server selection and unlimited bandwidth for buffer-free streaming.
What to Look for in a VPN for Popcorn Time
There are three main things to look for in the VPN you choose for streaming with Popcorn Time:
1. Security and Anonymity
Popcorn Time contains a lot of pirated movies and TV shows. Depending on your local laws, streaming a pirated file could land you in a lot of legal trouble, even if you clicked on it by mistake.
Although we don’t support online piracy, we don’t believe anyone should face harsh legal consequences for accidentally opening a copyrighted file.
VPNs encrypt your data, so your ISP or internet surveillance authority can’t see your online activity. This means that if you accidentally stream a pirated show or movie, nobody will know.
For optimal security, you’ll need a VPN that offers 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch.
2. Bypassing Censorship and Geoblocks
Many countries have blocked Popcorn Time because of the risk of violating copyright laws. If you live in one of these regions, you can use a VPN to bypass this block.
VPNs mask your IP address to make it look like you’re accessing the internet from another location. If you connect to a server in a country that hasn’t blocked Popcorn Time, such as the US, you’ll be able to stream it safely and anonymously.
You can also use this method to unlock other geo-restricted streaming services, like Netflix US and BBC iPlayer.
3. Increasing Your Connection Speed
If your connection is slow, a VPN might help.
Connecting to a VPN server allows you to bypass network congestion and throttling and speed up your connection. The farther your data has to travel to the server, the slower your connection will be. So, for the best speeds possible, use a VPN with servers close to your physical location.
The Best VPNs for Popcorn Time – Full Analysis (Updated July 2020)
With unlimited bandwidth and super-fast speeds, CyberGhost is our top choice. Its streaming-optimized servers can bypass any geo-restriction to unlock Popcorn Time.
Its apps are extremely intuitive to use, and installation is a breeze. You’ll be ready to stream in just a few clicks.
CyberGhost protects your connection with 256-bit encryption and a strict no-logs policy. All of its apps feature an automatic kill switch to prevent unprotected data leaving your network.
It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out to see why our users love to stream with CyberGhost.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
NordVPN offers an impressive and reliable service that can unlock Popcorn Time from anywhere. It combines high-end security with consistently high speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
Bypassing geoblocks is extremely easy with NordVPN’s SmartPlay. This feature automatically connects you to the best server in the region you need for the content you want.
With all of this on offer, it’s easy to see why NordVPN is such a popular service. Test it out for yourself with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN on the market, but this is only part of the reason it’s so popular among streaming enthusiasts.
With its expansive server network, you can zoom past geoblocks to unlock exclusive content from around the globe. You’ll also be able to stream Popcorn Time anonymously thanks to its best-in-class security features.
You can try this leading VPN risk-free with a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Surfshark is another top choice for Popcorn Time. It offers high-speed connections on a growing server network and powerful security features that protect you while you stream.
Its apps are compatible with all major operating systems, and you can have unlimited simultaneous connections. This means that you can protect all of your devices with just one account. There is also a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
Private Internet Access has a 3,200+ strong server network that spans 29 countries. Its 30-day money-back guarantee gives you plenty of time to try the service before you commit, too.
The VPN offers unlimited bandwidth and lightning-fast speeds, so you can enjoy streaming services like Netflix and Showtime without annoying buffering. With the ability to connect to up to 10 devices simultaneously, protecting all your devices is easy.
It’s perfect for beginners. Private Internet Access offers step-by-step tutorials for most supported devices, live chat support, and a ticketing system.
For more details on Private Internet Access, check out our comprehensive review, and discover why it’s one of our top vendors.
Private Internet Access can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, HBO Now, Showtime, Disney+, YouTube, SkyGo, and more.
- Yes, and they offer support.
Private Internet Access works on these devices:
- Linux, Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Chrome, Firefox, and routers.
A good VPN will mask your IP address to make it look like you’re streaming from another location. This will unlock Popcorn Time if you live in a country where it is blocked.
Your VPN will also encrypt your data to prevent your ISP and other authorities from monitoring your internet activity. So, if you accidentally stream a copyrighted file, nobody else will know.
Not sure which VPN is the best choice for you? We recommend CyberGhost, and you can try it free!
Want to save some of your hard-earned cash? Our budget-savvy experts have compiled a list of the best VPN deals currently available.
See which VPN providers impressed us in the 2020 VPN Awards.
Interested in finding out more about security and anonymity? Check out our expert recommendations for the best no-log VPNs.