How to Watch UFC Fight Night 171 – Phillips vs.Todorovic
UFC Fight Night 171 has some great fights on the cards, including middleweight bout Phillips vs. Todorovic. Witness every blow, grapple, and strike from the O2 Arena on ESPN+. Unfortunately, ESPN+’s geoblocks mean only UFC fans with a US IP address can access the fight.
No worries – get yourself a US IP address easily with a premium VPN. Use a VPN to connect to a US server and you can stream UFC Fight Night 171 on ESPN+ from anywhere.
It gets better! You can test the unblocking powers of a premium VPN ABSOLUTELY FREE for a limited time. All the VPNs on my list include money-back guarantees, meaning you can get a FULL REFUND no-questions-asked if you change your mind during the guarantee period.
How to Watch UFC Fight Night 171 From Anywhere in Under 2 Minutes
- Select a VPN with great streaming abilities. I recommend NordVPN for its fast speeds and effectiveness in overcoming geoblocks.
- Download and install your VPN software. Connect to a US server.
- Go to ESPN+ and sign up/log in. You can use PayPal and find a US zip code using Google.
- Ding ding, let the fight commence.
ESPN+ may only be $4.99/month but each PPV UFC Fight Night will cost you an additional $64.99.
If you don’t mind waiting a while to watch the PPV events, UFC FIGHT PASS may be a better choice. You can watch the prelims for UFC Fight Night 171 live and the fight itself about 30 days after it airs. In the meantime, you can watch many other live fight events and a huge selection of historical fights. It’s available worldwide (except Brazil) and costs $9.99/month.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch UFC Fight Night 171
Because of geo-restrictions, only viewers with a US IP address can stream with ESPN+. If you’re connecting with a non-US IP address, ESPN+ won’t let you watch its content.
However, with a VPN, you won’t miss a single ground and pound of Fight Night. Use your VPN to connect to a US server and your IP address is replaced with a US one, fooling ESPN+ into believing you’re in the US.
5 Best VPNs for Watching UFC Fight Night 171
NordVPN’s Key Features
- 5,600+ servers across 58 countries, 1,650+ US servers
- SmartPlay tech for reliable streaming connections
- Blistering speeds and unlimited bandwidth
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat support
- Works with: ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Crunchyroll, BBC iPlayer
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, browsers, Linux, macOS, iOS, routers
Stream UFC Fight Night 171 with NordVPN and buffering and lag will be a thing of the past, thanks to lightning-fast streaming speeds and no limits on bandwidth.
Check out the reliability and performance of NordVPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The unique SmartPlay feature sends your data through a geoblock-busting server to guarantee a reliable connection to ESPN+. SmartPlay also makes it super easy to switch between your favorite streaming services.
A huge global network of more than 5,600 servers in 58 countries can help you bypass the geo-restrictions of a vast amount of global content. Head to the UK with ITV Hub and then across to Australia with 9Now.
Popup ads won’t spoil your streaming of the big fight thanks to the CyberSec suite, which blocks adware and malware.
Expert 24/7 live chat support is always available to troubleshoot any issue you may have.
Want to know more? Explore our NordVPN review to see the full results of our research and testing.
ExpressVPN’s Key Features
- Over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, 25+ US server locations
- Unrestricted bandwidth and blazing speeds
- Find the fastest server with a built-in speed test
- 24/7 live chat
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: ESPN+, Sling TV, Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, Netflix, YouTube, Shudder
- Compatible with: iOS, Android TV, Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, routers
The blistering speeds of ExpressVPN can keep up with the most furious fists of Fight Night 171.
A 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to test out ExpressVPN’s speeds and streaming features. Once Fight Night is over, a full refund is yours, no questions asked.
Stream in HD without buffering using the built-in speed test on Windows and Mac devices and find the fastest server for Fight Night. Take advantage of ExpressVPN’s unlimited bandwidth.
Get the fight up on your big screen with MediaStreamer, which allows streaming on some smart TVs that don’t support ExpressVPN apps. Or install ExpressVPN on your router to cover all your devices.
ESPN+’s geoblocks present no problems to a vast US server network spanning 25 locations.
Check out the offerings from other global streaming services hassle-free thanks to over 3,000 servers in 90+ countries. The whole family can binge-watch Netflix or Amazon Prime Video with five device connections at the same time.
If you have questions, expert support is available around the clock with 24/7 live chat.
Want to know more? Explore our ExpressVPN review to see the full results of our research and testing.
CyberGhost’s Key Features
- 7,000+ global servers within 90 countries, more than 1,100 in the US
- Super-fast network speeds for streaming
- Servers dedicated to streaming
- Live chat support available 24/7
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: ESPN+, Eurosport, Sling TV, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu
- Compatible with: Linux, macOS, Android, browsers, iOS, Windows, routers
CyberGhost is a great choice for VPN beginners, as it’s a very user-friendly service. Plus, it’s packed full of premium features and the lengthy 45-day money-back guarantee gives you plenty of time to try them all out.
Watch multiple sports streams, including UFC Fight Night 171, at one time with CyberGhost’s seven simultaneous device connections.
With a server optimized just for ESPN+, geoblocks don’t stand a chance, especially with more than 1,100 US servers in your corner.
CyberGhost has great streaming speeds for Fight Night 171, knocking out buffering and lag for good.
A vast global network of over 7,000 servers in 90 countries is ideal for streaming restricted content from all over the world. Start with BBC iPlayer and finish with 9NOW.
Get all of your streaming and setup questions answered swiftly with responsive 24/7 live chat.
Want to know more? Explore our CyberGhost review to see the full results of our research and testing.
Surfshark’s Key Features
- 1,000+ servers in 60+ countries, over 20 US server locations
- No restrictions on bandwidth and excellent streaming speeds
- Unlimited device connections
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: ESPN+, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer
- Compatible with: macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, browsers, routers
Surfshark is excellent value for money offering great streaming speeds and reliable connections. You have ample time to put Surfshark through its paces with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Don’t waste valuable build-up time and use Surfshark’s Quick Connect feature to find the optimum connection from its 20+ US servers. Spin kick through geoblocks with ease.
Stream UFC Fight Night 171 without buffering or lag, thanks to fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
A growing global network of more than 1,000 servers across 60 countries opens up many more streaming opportunities. Binge-watch the thrilling Stranger on Netflix and then jump to Crunchyroll for the best in Anime.
The rare perk of unlimited simultaneous device connections means you can watch UFC Fight Night 171 on one device, check email on another, surf on yet another, and still share your VPN connection with your family so they can stream their favorite shows.
Surfshark’s customer service is excellent, as you can get hands-on help 24/7 via live chat. There’s also a huge knowledge base of setup guides and tutorials.
Want to know more? Explore our Surfshark review to see the full results of our research and testing.
PrivateVPN’s Key Features
- 150+ servers in 60 countries, 14 in the US
- Designated streaming servers
- Unlimited bandwidth and good streaming speeds
- Live chat and email support
- 7-day free trial, 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: ESPN+, Netflix, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go
- Compatible with: iOS, macOS, Android, Kodi, Linux, Windows, routers
Reliable and fast, PrivateVPN is a budget VPN that packs a big punch. A great streaming VPN, it can more than handle the action of UFC Fight Night 171.
Get well acquainted with PrivateVPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee. A 7-day free trial is available too!
Speeds are good enough for smooth streaming in HD, which is impressive, considering the small-scale server network of 150+ servers across 60 countries.
You’re not limited to streaming with ESPN+. PrivateVPN has specialized streaming servers for Netflix, Sky, Hulu, and ABC for the hassle-free streaming of a wide range of content. Six device connections mean everyone in the family can stream whatever they want at the same time, even UFC Fight Night 171.
Live chat and email support is available for any inquiries. Plus, there’s an extensive knowledge base of installation guides that will come in handy.
Want to know more? Explore our PrivateVPN review to see the full results of our research and testing.
❓ What else can a VPN do?
Unblocking restricted global content makes VPNs well worth the investment, but they have more to offer. A reliable VPN provides:
- Complete online anonymity courtesy of advanced security features like unbreakable military-grade encryption, DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch, and a zero-logs policy
- Protection of sensitive data when connected to unsecured WiFi networks
- Malware and adware blockers
- Private streaming and browsing, even in countries with strict censorship
- An extensive global server network
- Unlimited data and bandwidth and no ISP throttling
Want to know more about what a VPN can do? Check out our VPN guide for newbies.
😟 Will a VPN slow my streaming speed of UFC Fight Night?
Your streaming speed may slow down a little, as it takes extra time to encrypt your data and send it through a US server. However, with a premium VPN, you probably won’t notice any difference, in fact, you may have slightly improved streaming speeds, as there’s no ISP bandwidth throttling. Find out which VPNs passed our speed tests here.
🙍 Why can’t I access ESPN+ with my VPN?
ESPN+ may have detected that your IP address is from a VPN server. All you need to do is disconnect from your VPN and then reconnect to a different US server. You can also contact live chat support and ask for a server recommendation.
🖥️ Can I stream other content with my VPN?
Premium VPNs allow you to stream day and night from all the major streaming sites. As well as ESPN+, you can unblock content from the likes of Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, NBC, FOX, and more.
Catch every blow of UFC Fight Night 171 from anywhere by blasting through geoblocks with a premium VPN.
My top recommendation is NordVPN, but all the VPNs on this list offer money-back guarantees with their subscriptions, so you can get a full refund, hassle-free, at any time during the guarantee period.