How to Watch Mulan From Anywhere (Tested + Updated 2021)
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Mulan From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs for Watching Mulan From Anywhere in 2021
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Mulan Without Buffering
- NordVPN – Connect to the Best Disney+ Server With SmartPlay
- Surfshark – No Limits on Device Connections When You Stream Mulan
- Where Can I Watch Mulan Online?
- How to Sign Up for Disney+ to Watch Mulan
- FAQs on Watching Mulan With a VPN
- The Bottom Line
As a huge Mulan fan, I felt annoyed about not being able to watch the new movie in my country. The movie is launching only on Disney+ and I’m not located in one of its licensed countries. To get around these pesky geoblocks, I began searching for guides online — but most of them were confusing and unreliable. To save you time, I conducted my own tests to find out exactly what works.
By using a premium VPN, you can watch Mulan worldwide by connecting to a server in a Disney+ location. The VPN obtains an IP address from a licensed country, so Disney will think you’re watching Mulan from that location.
Since there are plenty of VPNs to choose from, the quality can differ considerably. After testing over 20 VPNs, I discovered that the best VPN to watch Mulan is ExpressVPN. This is because of its exceptionally fast speeds which allowed me to stream without buffering.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Mulan From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its incredibly fast speeds. As a bonus, you can try it out risk-free.
- Connect to a US server. I chose US servers because it gave me the fastest speeds and access to a large content library (including Mulan).
- Start watching Mulan! You’ll need to create a Disney+ account and top-up a one-time fee of USD$29.99 to get lifetime access to Mulan.
Why You Need A VPN to Watch Mulan
Because of regional restrictions, Disney+ will block you from watching the movie if you’re outside its licensed countries (there are only 15+ locations to date).
A reliable VPN masks your whereabouts and gives you a different IP address, so you seem like you’re in a licensed country. It redirects your internet traffic through one of its private servers, with a different IP address. This makes Disney+ think that you’re in a different location, meaning you won’t be blocked from watching Mulan.
Basically, if you’re connected to a VPN, Disney+ won’t know your real location so you can get around Disney+’s geo-blocks to watch the movie!
- Lightning-fast speeds to watch Mulan without lag
- Over 3,000 servers worldwide in 90 countries to bypass geoblocks
- Use MediaStreamer and stream Mulan on any device with a WiFi connection
- 5 simultaneous device connections with no slow-down
- 30-day money-back guarantee as a test run
- Works with: Disney+, Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Browsers, Linux, routers, and more
When I tested ExpressVPN, I experienced an average download speed of 45 Mbps across all its servers. These speeds are more than fast enough for you to watch Mulan without any annoying buffering (you usually only need 5 Mbps for smooth HD streaming).
I also didn’t have any trouble accessing Disney+. ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers worldwide in over 90 countries (including all Disney+ countries) that will help you bypass Disney Plus’s detection. I connected to servers in the US, UK, France, Germany, and Australia, and was able to access Disney+ in under 5 seconds and watch Mulan immediately after.
A distinguishable feature of ExpressVPN is its MediaStreamer. It lets you stream Mulan on any Wi-Fi compatible device by using a smart DNS to overcome geoblocks. It also drops encryption so you get faster streaming speeds. This even includes devices that don’t support VPNs, such as smart TVs and gaming consoles. During my tests, it only took me 3 minutes to set up and I was able to easily bypass geoblocks and watch Mulan on my smart TV.
The only minor complaint I have is that ExpressVPN’s pricing is slightly more premium than the other VPNs on this list. I do feel its features are worth the money, but you should still take advantage of its latest deals to save on your subscription.
If you’re not ready to commit, you can try ExpressVPN out risk-free. You can ask for your money back within 30 days if you’re not pleased with it. When my 30-day period ended, I requested a refund from their live chat customer support. After asking a couple of questions, they processed my refund instantly, and I received my money back in 3 days.
- Super-fast download speeds to stream Mulan in HD
- Over 2,000 servers in Disney+ countries to get past geoblocks
- Unlimited data and bandwidth for endless streaming
- Connect up to 6 different devices without lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee to test without risk
- Works with: Disney+, Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Go, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers, and more
Thanks to NordVPN’s SmartPlay DNS feature, I was able to automatically connect to the best server available to stream Mulan in HD. I connected to servers in 7 different countries and got fast speeds every time. Even if your server unexpectedly fails, NordVPN’s SmartPlay feature will automatically connect you to another one that works. Over 3,000 servers on its network can bypass Disney Plus’s geoblocking technology, which includes over 1,700 servers in the US alone.
To test the SmartPlay feature, I first had to find a NordVPN server that was blocked by Disney+. It really wasn’t easy and took me 15 attempts to find a blocked server (which means the majority of servers access Disney+ with no issues). As soon as Disney+ detected the blocked server, SmartPlay switched me to a working server automatically, and I could access the site again. After the block was detected, SmartPlay switched me to a working server immediately.
When I conducted my speed tests, I was very impressed with NordVPN’s results. I connected to servers in the US, Australia, Germany, and Japan, and my download speeds were consistently over 25Mbps. While there was a slight drop in speed with long-distance servers, I could still stream in HD.
The minor con is that NordVPN doesn’t accept payment via PayPal. However, other payment methods are readily accepted, which include Google Pay, Amazon Pay, credit cards and even cryptocurrencies.
If you want to try NordVPN, you can use its 30-day money-back guarantee. Claiming a refund within this 30-day trial is a straightforward process. I was able to cancel my trial without having to give any reason, and my money was refunded after 5 days.
- Reliable speeds to watch Mulan with no buffering
- 3,200 servers in all 15 Disney+ countries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections so you can stream on multiple devices
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Disney+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Browsers, Linux, Routers
Surfshark provides great practicality because you can connect as many devices as you want with one subscription. To test this out, I connected 7 different devices in my household simultaneously and had no issues. As I was streaming Mulan, two of my housemates were playing Dota 2 online, while another was streaming Dracula on Netflix — we didn’t have any complaints whatsoever about speed or buffering.
To get around geoblocks, Surfshark can connect you to over 500 servers in the US, along with servers in other Disney+ countries. I tested 15 different US servers and was able to access Disney+ every time without fail. In addition, I also connected to servers in the UK, France, and Australia, which were all successful.
When it comes to speed, Surfshark’s download speeds are reliable for the large part. During my speed tests, I was able to stream Mulan without any buffering using 5 different servers in Disney+ locations (the US, UK, Germany, Canada, and Australia). Not only were the speeds reliable, but the video quality was crystal clear.
However, Surfshark won’t connect you to the fastest server every time. Therefore, you will need to manually change servers yourself sometimes to get quality and speed. Luckily, when I connected to a slow server, it didn’t take me more than 10 seconds to find a faster one.
If you’re not ready to commit yet, you can test it out with its 30-day money-back guarantee. When I tried to cancel my subscription, I was only asked one question and got a full refund in 7 days.
Where Can I Watch Mulan Online?
You can only watch Mulan on Disney+. As of now, no other streaming platform has rights to the movie.
You should know that Disney+ content is restricted to a few countries, such as the USA, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, and Japan (along with some others). If you are not located in one of these countries, you’ll need a reliable VPN to unblock Disney+ so you can watch Mulan from anywhere.
- Get a reliable VPN. My favorite is ExpressVPN because of its fast download speeds.
- Create a new Apple ID. Go to the Apple ID sign-up page and select the United States as your home country.
- Open the App Store. Sign in with your new Apple ID and search for “Disney+.” Click “Get” before clicking on “Review” and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Complete your Apple ID. Choose “none” for the payment method and enter a legitimate US address under “Billing Address.”
- Connect to a US server. You must connect to a US server on your VPN because you’ve used a US billing address for your Apple ID.
- Download the Disney+ App. Make sure you’re connected to a US server first before clicking “Install.”
- Purchase an App Store gift card. Go to the Apple Gift Card Store and load your gift card with at least USD $37.00.
- Sign in to your Apple ID. Choose your payment method and billing address (the same one on your Apple ID) before placing your order.
- Get your gift card via email. Then, enter the app store and click your avatar on the top right-hand corner. Click “Redeem Gift Card or Code” and enter your 16-digit code before clicking “Redeem.”
- Create your Disney+ account. Open your Disney+ app, choose your subscription plan, and click “Complete Subscription.”
- Start watching Mulan. Proceed to checkout, search for the movie and enjoy!
FAQs on Watching Mulan With a VPN
Is Mulan available on other streaming sites such as Netflix?
No, Mulan is only available on Disney+ and isn’t available on other streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video.
It’s easy to sign up for Disney+ from anywhere in the world and start watching Mulan immediately (it took me less than 10 minutes).
Is it illegal to watch Mulan with a VPN?
As long as VPNs are legal in your country, watching Mulan with a VPN isn’t illegal. However, please be aware that VPN use is restricted or illegal in select countries, such as China and Russia.
Can I download or rent Mulan from Disney+?
No, you can’t download or rent Mulan from Disney+ (or anywhere else). It is only available for streaming on Disney+. To watch Mulan, you need to get a Disney+ subscription and pay a one-time fee of USD $29.99 to get lifetime access to the movie.
Do I need to wait for Mulan to be released in my country to watch it?
No, you can watch Mulan today from anywhere in the world — only if you have a VPN and a Disney+ subscription. A VPN helps you get around Disney Plus’ geo-blocks so you can sign up for a subscription from anywhere in the world and start streaming the movie.
All the VPNs on this list have been proven to access Disney+ and maintain fast speeds for uninterrupted HD streaming.
How much does it cost to watch Mulan?
In addition to the Disney+ subscription fee, you’ll need to pay an extra USD $29.99 to watch the movie.
The Bottom Line
Mulan is only available on Disney+, so you’ll need a subscription to the platform to be able to watch it. On top of that, there’s an additional one-time fee to get lifetime access to the movie (this is unavoidable, I’m afraid).
As Disney+ is geo-restricted to a limited number of countries, you’ll need a VPN to bypass detection and sign up for Disney+ from anywhere in the world.
While all the VPNs on this list work with Disney+, I recommend ExpressVPN for its exceptional speeds and reliable connections. I was able to connect and start streaming in just a few seconds! As a bonus, you can try it out risk-free before you commit to a subscription. . You have 30 days to ask for a refund if you’re not happy with it.
To summarize, the best VPNs to watch Mulan from anywhere in 2021 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.