How to Watch XFL Games & Draft Live From Anywhere in 2023
- Quick Guide: How to Watch XFL With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch the XFL Games From Anywhere in 2023
- ExpressVPN — Best Overall VPN for Watching XFL Games With Impressively Fast and Reliable US Servers
- CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers to Watch the XFL Games Without Interruptions
- Private Internet Access — Unlimited Simultaneous Connections to Stream XFL on All Your Devices
- Where Can I Watch XFL Online Without Cable?
- FAQs on Watching XFL With a VPN
I’ve always loved a good XFL match, so I’m always excited when a new season is underway. However, you can't watch XFL if you travel or live outside the US. The games are geoblocked because of licensing restrictions.
However, there is a hassle-free way to watch XFL on vacation. A VPN lets you bypass geoblocks and access content on live-streaming services back home from anywhere. It's also safer since VPNs protect you from cyber threats while streaming and browsing online, especially if you’re on public Wi-Fi.
ExpressVPN is my best recommendation for watching XFL games. Its extensive network and high-speed connections allow you to stream smoothly in UHD without buffering. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free, thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Watch XFL With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN — it’s the most reliable VPN I tested for streaming XFL and other live sports while traveling. As it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try ExpressVPN with confidence.
- Connect to a server. Choose any US location to watch the XFL league.
- Start watching XFL. Log in to your preferred streaming platform and watch your favorite XFL team’s games live.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch XFL Online
XFL broadcasting rights are exclusive to the US. Even if you have an applicable subscription with a streaming service that shows XFL, you will be unable to access XFL content with it unless you’re inside the country.
But there’s a way to watch XFL while traveling. A VPN masks your actual location to make it look like you’re in another country. It reroutes your internet traffic through servers in your chosen location (for example, the US), so it appears that you're browsing from there. This way, you can easily bypass geoblocks and access XFL content, even from the UK, Canada, Australia, or any other country.
A VPN also encrypts your connection, keeping your streaming and other online activity secure from hackers and snoops. It even hides your activity from your ISP, which can help you to evade throttling.
Try ExpressVPN for Streaming XFL
Best VPNs to Watch the XFL Games From Anywhere in 2023
1. ExpressVPN — Best Overall VPN for Watching XFL Games With Impressively Fast and Reliable US Servers
Tested May 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Best Feature||Consistently fast and stable US servers for high-quality XFL streaming|
|Speed||118.75Mbps (5% slower than my usual connection)|
|Number of US Server Locations||24, offering multiple servers within each location|
|Works with||Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV, Smart TVs, routers, and more|
ExpressVPN is the most reliable VPN I tested for streaming XFL, thanks to its extensive server network that covers a large number of servers across 24 US locations. Every one of these servers I tried allowed me to access XFL games on the first try — even if I did run into issues, I knew I’d have plenty of alternative working US servers to choose from.
ExpressVPN is ideal for 4k streaming of XFL games, due to its impressive speeds. My 125Mbps base connections dropped by only 5% (many VPNs reduce your speeds by more than 30%). This allowed me to watch the Seattle Sea Dragons vs. DC Defenders in UHD without a single instance of buffering.
It’s also really easy to use, even for complete VPN beginners. All of ExpressVPN’s apps (available on PCs, smartphones, Amazon Fire Stick, and more) are simple to install and come set up for streaming right out of the box. All you need to do to watch XFL is browse the server list for a US server and connect to it. You should then have full access to XFL games via the streaming platform of your choice.
One downside is that the subscriptions are pricey. Luckily, ExpressVPN regularly offers generous discounts. I recommend getting the long-term plan — when I subscribed to it, I got 49% off for a final price of $6.67/month and 3 extra months for free. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN for yourself without risk.
- Bypass ISP throttling. Some ISPs will cut your internet speed significantly if they see you taking part in high-bandwidth activities, like streaming XFL. However, ExpressVPN hides your traffic with military-grade encryption, so your ISP cannot see what you’re doing — meaning they’ll have no reason to throttle your connection.
- Mediastreamer. If you want to watch XFL games on the big screen, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service makes this easy. It allows you to watch geo-restricted content from your Smart TV or game console, devices that usually don’t support VPN apps. It only takes a couple easy steps to set up, and then you’re good to go.
- Split tunneling. ExpressVPN lets you set what apps use the VPN connection and which ones don’t. This can be useful — for example, I set my browser to use the VPN connection while my favorite game Madden NFL 23 stayed on my normal connection. This meant I could enjoy low-ping online gaming while streaming XFL.
- Unlimited bandwidth. ExpressVPN has no data caps, so you can stream XFL games without limits.
2. CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers to Watch the XFL Games Without Interruptions
|Best Feature||Dedicated servers optimized for sports streaming platforms|
|Speed||114Mbps (9% slower than my usual connection)|
|Number of US Server Locations||11, offering multiple servers within each location|
|Works on||Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV, Smart TVs, routers, and more|
CyberGhost offers servers optimized for platforms that broadcast XFL games, like ESPN+ and Hulu. These servers are dedicated to providing reliable access to the associated streaming service, along with consistently fast speeds. I never had any trouble accessing XFL drafts and games with its dedicated ESPN+ server.
Though it’s slightly slower than ExpressVPN, I still recorded impressive speeds while testing CyberGhost, reaching 114Mbps on the US servers. I streamed entire XFL matches without buffering once. Plus, CyberGhost comes with unlimited bandwidth, so you won’t have to worry about data caps.
In addition to beginner-friendly apps for PCs, laptops, smartphones, and more, CyberGhost also offers an easy-to-set-up Smart DNS service which lets you stream XFL through your Smart TV or game console. This is similar to ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service, and it only took me a few minutes to set up. Once I had, I could watch XFL on my Xbox without any issues.
Subscribing to CyberGhost on a monthly plan is quite expensive and gives you only a 14-day refund period. However, the long-term plans are more affordable, starting at just $2.11/month. They also come with an extended money-back guarantee, letting you try CyberGhost for 45 days risk-free.
- Intuitive apps. CyberGhost has a user-friendly interface across all its apps. It’s easy for beginners to navigate, especially as the streaming-optimized servers are clearly marked. It’s also quick to install — it only took a few minutes to install it on my smartphone and laptop.
- Smart rules. I could set CyberGhost to automatically launch and connect to a US server whenever I opened my browser to stream XFL, saving me some time. I could also configure it to automatically connect whenever I was on an untrusted network, ensuring my connection was secure while watching XFL on public WiFi.
- 7 simultaneous device connections. CyberGhost offers up to 7 simultaneous connections on a single subscription, meaning your entire household can watch the game on their own devices.
3. Private Internet Access — Unlimited Simultaneous Connections to Stream XFL on All Your Devices
|Best Feature||Your entire family can stream XFL on their own devices at the same time|
|Speed||112Mbps (10% slower than my usual connection)|
|Number of US Server Locations||53, offering multiple servers within each location|
|Works on||Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Apple TV, Smart TVs, routers, and more|
PIA offers unlimited simultaneous connections, and it’s the only VPN on this list to do so. This means you can cover all your streaming devices under one subscription. I streamed XFL drafts on 8 devices at the same time (including my Chromebook, iPad, and Android smartphones) and didn’t notice any connection drops. This is ideal if you have a large family of football enthusiasts who wish to watch XFL games from their own devices.
It’s also a reliable XFL VPN with good speeds for streaming. PIA’s US servers reduced my speeds by an average of just 10% during my tests. I streamed Orlando Guardians vs Houston Roughnecks without any buffering. The impressive number of servers across 53 US locations also provided me with plenty of options to choose from — and if any one of them were experiencing issues, I had lots of working alternatives to switch to.
That said, PIA offers a large number of customizable settings that can be overwhelming to new VPN users. However, PIA is configured for fast speeds for streaming by default, so you don’t have to touch any of the settings if you don’t want to.
Subscriptions start from just $2.03/month, and all the plans are backed by a 30 money-back guarantee. This means you can try PIA for free before committing long term.
- Streaming-optimized servers. Like CyberGhost, PIA offers streaming-optimized servers, although there’s a lot less available and they aren’t dedicated to specific platforms. Still, PIA’s US-East and US-West streaming servers offered me reliable access to ESPN+ and Hulu for streaming XFL.
- The MACE ad blocker. PIA’s MACE automatically blocks ads, keeping your XFL streaming clean of interruption and distractions. It also automatically blocks trackers — so third-parties cannot collect information on you — and domains associated with malware or scams.
Where Can I Watch XFL Online Without Cable?
A number of online streaming services allow you to watch XFL without cable. This means that, with a VPN, you can watch XFL through these streaming platforms while traveling outside the US.
ESPN+ is the most popular streaming platform for XFL in the US. Canadians can access XFL matches via TSN+, while residents of the UK and some other countries can stream the XFL league from ESPN Player.
Other platforms where you can watch XFL without cable or satellite are:
- YouTube TV
- Hulu + Live TV
- Sling TV
- DIRECTV STREAM
There are also unlicensed streams of XFL available online, but we do not recommend them — they’re prone to being shut down for copyright infringement anyway. Besides, these streams are usually in poor quality and are constantly interrupted by buffering and ads. The platforms above are your most reliable options. Plus, many of them come with a free trial, so you can try them without risk.
FAQs on Watching XFL With a VPN
Can I stream XFL with a free VPN?
In most cases, free VPNs can't reliably unblock XFL. Many free VPNs fail to unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms, meaning you won’t be able to stream XFL outside the US. Even if you could find one that could unblock XFL matches, free VPNs often cut your speed so much that you’d be left with a forever-buffering stream. Premium VPNs are much more reliable and can offer seamless XFL streaming in the highest quality.
Besides, some free services have been caught logging and selling users’ data to third parties — completely violating your online privacy. Some will even hide malware within their apps, which could potentially damage or compromise your device.
Why is my VPN not working with XFL?
If you’re having trouble watching XFL, first ensure that you’re using a quality VPN. A lot of VPNs fail to unblock the streaming platforms XFL is hosted on. But, if you’re using a VPN proven to work with services that stream XFL, there are a couple of things you can try:
- Clear your cache and cookies. Sometimes cookies and cached data in your browser or device can include location data that may reveal your true location, despite the VPN. Try clearing your cookies and cache and try again.
- Try a different server. It’s possible that the server you are using has been blocked by the streaming platform you’re trying to access. Connect to a different server in the US and see if that fixes your issue.
- Try a different streaming service. If you have a subscription to another streaming service that shows XFL, try accessing that one instead. It may be that your VPN is temporarily having issues with your first-choice streaming platform.
- Contact support. In the rare case that you’re still having issues, reach out to the VPN’s support team. They should be able to help troubleshoot and point you to a solution.
Watch XFL in Minutes
All the VPNs above will allow you to watch XFL games from anywhere. Simply connect to a US server and log into your preferred streaming service to root for your favorite team while traveling.
My top recommendation is ExpressVPN because it seamlessly unblocks channels that broadcast XFL. It has extensive server coverage across the US and impressive speeds for streaming XFL in UHD without buffering. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching XFL games are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.