How to Watch the NBA Preseason (Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs) in 2021
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs From Anywhere in Under 2 Minutes
- Best VPN to Watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs in 2021
- ExpressVPN — Fast Speeds For Watching the NBA Live With No Lag
- Where Can I Watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs?
- Step-By-Step Guide to Sign Up for NBA International League Pass
- FAQs on Watching the NBA Preseason With a VPN
- Don’t Miss Out on Any NBA Preseason Action!
NBA season is upon us, but if you’re like me and are in an area without licensing rights, you know that watching the games live is nearly impossible. Don’t waste time following fake streams or trying to get around error messages. No matter where in the world you are, you can watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs in the Preseason using my tried-and-tested methods.
I found that using a VPN is the only dependable way to get around NBA blackouts. VPNs are privacy apps that hide your actual location. When you use one, you can pretend to be anywhere in the world, tricking streaming sites into unlocking content. With a VPN, I was able to buy and use a super-cheap NBA International League Pass subscription so I can catch every game.
I did all the hard work of figuring out the easiest way to access NBA games. I also tested over 30 top VPNs to find those that can beat geo-restrictions so you can stream from anywhere. I found ExpressVPN to be the most reliable.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs From Anywhere in Under 2 Minutes
- Get a VPN. During my tests, ExpressVPN was the most consistent when it came to fast speeds and bypassing geoblocks.
- Connect to a server in India. Purchasing an NBA International League Pass using an Indian server is the cheapest way to watch the games.
- Start watching the games! Change your VPN connection to a US server and enjoy every NBA match with no blackouts!
In short: If you’re not in an area that’s broadcasting the NBA, you’re excluded from the excitement. Broadcasting agreements and copyright licenses dictate where the NBA Preseason can be shown. Some viewers get to watch the action live, while fans in other locales may have to wait days for a rebroadcast or be blocked entirely.
A VPN can help you access restricted NBA games from anywhere. It connects you to servers around the world to make it seem like you’re browsing from a country licensed to broadcast the NBA (which helps you bypass geo-blocks from sports streaming platforms).
As an added bonus, VPNs can also help you unlock lower prices. Take a look at what happened when I compared the price of NBA League Pass in a couple of countries:
When you connect to an India server to buy an International League Pass subscription, you can save up to 75%!
- Fast speeds so you can enjoy every game with no annoying lag
- Over 3,000 servers throughout the world for watching the NBA
- Use up to 5 devices at once
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Also unblocks ESPN, DAZN, BT Sport, Sky Sports, FuboTV, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers
ExpressVPN has never let me down with speeds — and it impressed me once again when I used it to live-stream the NBA. Every server I tested had fast and stable speeds of more than 50 Mbps (you really only need 5 Mbps to stream in HD), which is more than enough for you to watch the game with crystal-clear resolution and no interruptions. I had zero lag as well, so I didn’t miss out on any NBA action!
With access to 3,000 servers, I didn’t have any trouble finding a server that worked to unblock the games I wanted. Connecting to the servers only took a few seconds, and I could load my geo-restricted International League Pass without a problem. You can connect to any server outside the US or Canada to watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs instantly. (I tried India and the UK, and they both worked).
ExpressVPN is slightly more premium than other providers, but its proven performance makes it worth the price. Here’s what most people don’t know — you can actually save up to 49% when you take advantage of its latest discount. The deal might change so be sure to check and see if it’s still available.
If you’re not ready to commit to a subscription, you can try it out completely risk-free. You have 30 days to ask for a refund if you’re not happy with it. I tested out the refund policy and found it to be really straightforward. The customer support agent did ask me some questions about why I wanted to cancel my subscription, but then quickly processed my request. I got my money back within 5 days, which was surprisingly quick!
Not all broadcasters stream all matches — some only have deals to broadcast certain games. This makes it tricky to know which platform to sign-up for to gain an all-access pass to the NBA games. Here’s a shortlist of the best options for you to catch the latest NBA action.
The NBA Preseason games are split between 4 broadcasters in the US. This means that to catch all the action, you’ll need to subscribe to a streaming platform that includes ABC, ESPN, NBA TV, and TNT.
- Sling TV — This is my first choice in the US as it’s the cheapest compared to all other options. You can also access it from anywhere in the world as long as you have a VPN connected to a US server. With Sling TV’s Orange plan, you’ll pay $30 per month for ABC, ESPN, and TNT. To add NBA TV, you’ll need to purchase the NBA Team Pass for an extra $17.99 per month, bringing your total to $47.99 per month to catch all the NBA games live. You also get a 3-day trial.
- YouTube TV — YouTube TV makes things easy by offering just one tier at $64.99 per month, which includes all the channels you need for watching the NBA Preseason. It also offers a 7-day free trial so you can test out the service.
- AT&T Now — You’ll find all 4 channels for watching the NBA Preseason on AT&T Now’s XTRA package. The price tag is steep at $124 per month, so I’d only recommend this option if you’re already a subscriber. If you want to give it a try, there is a 7-day trial so you can watch free for a week.
ESPN, Hulu + Live TV, and fuboTV broadcast limited games only. ESPN+ does not show any games.
The NBA Preseason are being broadcast in Canada on SportsNet Now and TSN Direct. To watch every game, you’ll need to subscribe to both services.
- TSN Direct — TSN Direct offers the best monthly rate for Canadian viewers. It offers daily access for $4.99, but the better deal is its 6-months plan at $99.99. If you go for this option, it’s like paying for 5 months and getting the 6th month free.
- SportsNet — SportsNet costs more per month, but if you’re only subscribing for the NBA Preseason, you’ll save more in the long run as you can cancel when the season ends in October. SportsNet Now’s Regional package costs $19.99 per month, and unfortunately, there are no free trials available right now.
Canadians may also purchase an NBA International League Pass subscription, but some games will be blacked out.
Rest of the world
While DAZN and Sky Sports via Now TV will broadcast the NBA Preseason in some European countries, the cheapest and most convenient option for viewers outside the US and Canada is an NBA International League Pass subscription.
You can purchase International League Pass in most countries, but during my tests, I found the cheapest country to buy from was India. When compared to the price in the UK, League Pass was over 75% cheaper in India.
1. Choose a VPN with reliable Indian servers. My favorite is ExpressVPN — I’ve never seen an error message or been blocked when using any of its servers.
2. Connect to an Indian server. You must connect to India in order to take advantage of the country’s super-low pricing.
3. Visit the NBA’s League Pass page. Scroll down to the subscription options, and choose the annual League Pass option (priced at Rs 999 / USD 14.99).
4. Create an account. You’ll need to enter your email address, a password, and your birthday before proceeding to checkout.
5. Submit billing information. Enter your credit or debit card information, including your country of residence. Even though I used a US credit card, I had no problems subscribing.
6. Start streaming NBA games! After your payment is confirmed, you’ll be redirected to the League Pass homepage. Look for the game you want to watch, and enjoy!
FAQs on Watching the NBA Preseason With a VPN
Can I watch the NBA without a cable or satellite subscription?
Yes, you can still catch the Preseason without cable by signing up online for NBA International League Pass. You can purchase a subscription in most countries, but you’ll find the best deal when you use a VPN and subscribe from India.
Where can I watch the latest NBA games online?
There are several streaming services you can use to watch the NBA, depending on your location. They include:
- United States: Sling TV, YouTube TV, AT&T Now, Hulu + Live TV (select games), fuboTV (select games)
- Canada: SportsNet, TSN Direct
- Rest of the world: DAZN, Sky Sports, NBA International League Pass
If you don’t already have a subscription to one of these streaming services, the cheapest and most convenient way to stream the NBA is with an International League Pass subscription. International League Pass is available all around the world, except these countries: Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Liberia, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Zimbabwe, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
While League Pass is available in the US, it is a different product than International League Pass and cannot be used to watch the NBA outside the country. Canada has its own version of International League Pass, but some games are blocked out due to licensing restrictions.
To ensure you can watch all NBA games, do not connect to servers in the banned countries, the US, or Canada.
Can I watch the NBA Preseason online for free?
There are no legitimate sources streaming NBA games for free. You’ll find lots of fake streams, but these are likely to be loaded with ads and malware with the purpose of stealing your personal information.
However, there is a safe, simple hack you can use: Take advantage of free trials and money-back guarantees to watch the games at no cost.
Can I use free VPNs to watch Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs?
Some free VPNs may have the ability to unblock the streaming sites broadcasting the NBA Preseason, but I wouldn’t recommend them.
For starters, the truth is that most free VPNs don’t do a good job of bypassing geoblocks — for this, you really do need a reliable VPN.
Should you find a free VPN that does work, you’ll face limitations that make streaming difficult. Lots of free services impose bandwidth and data limits — they have to in order to keep costs low. This means your stream may cut off half-way through the game or constantly buffer due to slow speeds.
Free VPNs have to make money; that’s the only way they can keep their business running. If they aren’t charging you, they’re making money another way — and it usually comes at the expense of your privacy. Free VPNS often record your browsing habits and collect your personal details, just to sell the info to third parties. So you might not be paying to use it, but you might be putting yourself at risk in other ways.
What do I do if an NBA game is blocked?
If you’re facing a geoblock or proxy error message, try using one of the VPNs I’ve recommended — I’ve tested them extensively and found them reliable at unblocking the streaming platforms that broadcast NBA games.
If you are already using a recommended VPN, there’s a chance that the server you’ve connected to has been blocked. It’s not a big deal; it happens all the time. All you have to do is disconnect and try another server to bypass the geoblock.
If you still can’t connect to the streaming platform of your choice, reach out to your VPN’s customer service. All of these services have stellar customer support, so they’ll help you find the right way to connect.
What else can VPNs do?
You know that VPNs can help you watch the NBA Preseason, but you might be wondering what else they can do. They’re actually powerful tools that can help unlock more of the internet, all while keeping you safe. High-quality VPNs also:
- Unblock hundreds of streaming platforms from around the world. No matter where you live, you can access Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, DAZN, and more by using a premium VPN to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Safeguard your data and other personal information. Using sophisticated technology, like military-grade encryption and DNS leak protection, VPNs ensure that snoops aren’t privy to your private details. This includes everything from your physical location and credit card details to the websites you visit and files you send to others.
- Offer anonymity for surfing the web. Whether you’re exploring the Dark Web, torrenting files, or just doing online research, VPNs hide your identity by issuing you a new IP address and hiding your online activity.
- Protect against online threats. Many premium VPNs offer malware protection and ad blockers to keep your computer from being infected by malicious software or trackers.
- Unlock lower prices on digital goods. You may be surprised to learn that companies price their digital goods differently according to country. Use a VPN to check the prices of things like Netflix, NBA League Pass, and other digital goods to see if you can find a better deal.
Don’t Miss Out on Any NBA Preseason Action!
Think you have to miss the excitement of the 2021/22 NBA Preseason because you’re not in a country showing games? Think again. With a high-quality VPN, you can connect to a server anywhere in the world and watch every minute of the action.
I conducted a lot of tests to see which VPNs could unlock NBA action, and ExpressVPN never let me down. It’s also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
To summarize, the best VPN for watching Los Angeles Lakers vs San Antonio Spurs from anywhere is…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.