How to Watch the 2019 NBA Finals (Warriors vs Raptors) Anywhere
Can the Golden State Warriors continue their dynasty with another NBA title? Or can the Toronto Raptors turn their first-ever trip to the Finals into a championship? With a VPN, you can watch all the games that will answer those questions!
If you are out of the country, you might not be able to watch the NBA Finals. Or maybe you are in the US and you want to stream a game on ABC. But you can’t, because ABC’s live stream isn’t available in your area.
Don’t panic! You can use our quick guide to connect to all the games you want to see.
Quick Guide: Watch the NBA Finals on ABC Live
If you want to watch games on ABC Live Stream, you need to connect through a server that is in the right city in the US. You will also need login information for a television provider (for example, Sling, Dish Network, Hulu, Cox, and so on):
- Find a VPN provider with a fast network and plenty of US servers (for basketball, NordVPN is a great choice). Register and install their app.
- Start the app, log in, and select a server location in the right city in the US (see the ABC website for a list of supported locations).
- Go to abc.go.com/watch-live and select your television provider.
- Log into your provider and watch the games.
Quick Guide: Watch the NBA Finals on Sportsnet
Sportsnet is streaming the NBA Finals in Canada. If you want to watch the Canadian broadcast of the Finals:
- Choose a high-speed VPN service with servers in Canada (we recommend NordVPN for basketball). Sign up and download the app.
- Run the app, log in, and choose a server in Canada.
- Go to now.sportsnet.ca and subscribe. You will need a Canadian credit card.
- Log into Sportsnet and enjoy the games!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the NBA Finals
Making content available to everyone around the world seems like a great idea. Yet broadcasters are often required to prevent people outside their home regions from connecting to their streams.
This is a problem if you are either traveling or living abroad and want to see the sports and teams you love. Or maybe a broadcaster is slowly rolling out their streaming service, so they are only in a few markets. Either way, you need to figure out a way to get around geo-restrictions.
By connecting to a VPN, you can use the IP Address for a VPN server as if it was your own. Then, when you connect to streaming sites, they will see the VPN server’s location and let you access their content.
If you need to get around geoblocks on the content you want to see, VPNs are the way to do it. Sign up now and be ready when the games start!
The Best VPNs for Watching Basketball
If you are looking for a large selection of servers, NordVPN gives you everything you could want. With over 5,400 servers in 61 countries, they can offer you a connection to anywhere. And with 1,750 servers in the US and 402 servers in Canada, they can help you watch all the NBA basketball you love.
Their network is very reliable, with plenty of speed for streaming, alongside stable, consistent connections. With size, speed, and stability, they are a great choice for watching NBA basketball.
- 30 days
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
To watch NBA basketball, you need a connection that can keep up with the action on the court. That requires a fast network. We recommend ExpressVPN because it is the fastest VPN in our tests.
When you are streaming basketball, you don’t just want to see the players. You want to see the ball moving around, the footwork of the players, and the lines on the court. A stream needs a lot of bandwidth to not only show those details, but move them seamlessly across the screen.
ExpressVPN provides fast, reliable connections that will keep you on top of all the action. And with a large selection of servers in the US and Canada, you will have plenty of options for your feed.
If you want to know more about ExpressVPN, see what our users say!
- 30 days
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
If you will be moving around during NBA Finals games, CyberGhost is a great choice for staying connected. You can use your CyberGhost license on up to 7 devices simultaneously, helping you keep your games on.
CyberGhost’s network even includes streaming-optimized servers for your NBA Finals games. These servers deliver consistent, stable bandwidth that help improve your viewing experience.
But don’t take our word for it. Read what our users have to say!
- 45 days
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Surfshark prides itself on its ability to deliver streamed content, making them a solid choice for watching the NBA Finals.
As a relatively new service, Surfshark want to show what they can do. Their server network is constantly expanding, and they offer many services that more-established names do not. For example, they offer an ad blocker, a whitelister, and unlimited simultaneous connections with their standard package.
If you want to know why Surfshark is a great choice for you, read our user reviews!
- 30 days
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
Though Hotspot Shield is not as large as some other services, they are much more focused. Rather than covering the world, they focus on providing great service in a select set of countries.
When you need speed, Hotspot Shield delivers. Their connections are stable, secure, and consistent. For streaming the NBA Finals, they deliver what you need.
If you want to know what Hotspot Shield can do for you, see what our users have to say!
- 45 days
Hotspot Shield can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video.
- Yes, P2P allowed on all servers.
Hotspot Shield works on these devices
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Chrome.
- Game 1 – Thursday, May 30 at Toronto, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PM PDT
- Game 2 – Sunday, June 2 at Toronto, 8:00 EDT, 5:00 PM PDT
- Game 3 – Wednesday, June 5 at Golden State, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PM PDT
- Game 4 – Friday, June 7 at Golden State, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PM PDT
- Game 5 (if necessary) – Monday, June 10 at Toronto, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PM PDT
- Game 6 (if necessary) – Thursday, June 13 at Golden State, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PM PDT
- Game 7 (if necessary) – Sunday, June 16 at Toronto, 8:00 EDT, 5:00 PM PDT
After surviving the gauntlet of the conference playoffs, the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors meet for the NBA championship. There are only four wins between one team and glory. Make sure you see everything from opening tip to final buzzer by subscribing to a VPN today!