Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games from Anywhere
- How to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games LIVE on ESPN3 with Your Television Service Provider
- How to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games with Sling TV Orange
- Why You Need a VPN to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games
- The Best VPNs for Watching the Special Olympics World Summer Games
- Hotspot Shield
- Further Reading
The most inspiring athletes on earth are coming to Abu Dhabi for the Special Olympics World Summer Games. ESPN is teaming up with the Special Olympics to bring this remarkable event to television. With a VPN, you can watch incredible athletes from 190 countries compete in the Games.
The Special Olympics is the world's largest humanitarian sporting event and takes place every two years. The athletes have overcome many obstacles and prepared long and hard for this. It is, for many of them, the achievement of a lifetime.
If you are outside the US, ESPN blocks you from streaming the Games. But with a VPN, you can break through geoblocks to watch these remarkable athletes compete.
Follow our quick guide and you won’t miss a moment!
How to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games LIVE on ESPN3 with Your Television Service Provider
To see live streams of the sports at the Special Olympics, you will need to log in to ESPN3 with a television service provider (for example, DirecTV, Cox, or Sling TV):
- Select a VPN provider with high speeds and US servers (we recommendExpressVPNfor streaming sports). Sign up and download the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a server location in the US.
- Go to WatchESPN.com and click the content you want to see.
- When prompted, log in with your US TV provider to start your stream (if you don't have a US TV provider, you can sign up for the Sling Orange package to get access).
How to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games with Sling TV Orange
You can also use the Sling TV Orange package to stream the highlights of the Special Olympics World Games, and get access to many other US sports broadcasts. Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose a VPN with US servers and high streaming speeds (for sports,ExpressVPNis recommended). Sign up for the service and install the software.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a US server.
- Go to Sling.com and sign up for the Orange package to get ESPN. (If you don’t have a US-based payment method, purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSupply.com and follow the instructions to redeem the card and subscribe to Sling TV Orange.)
- Log in to Sling TV, select the ESPN stream, and enjoy!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the Special Olympics World Summer Games
Broadcasters are frequently required to block people from streaming content outside their home region. ESPN is no exception, and these geo-restrictions make it hard to watch their content outside the US. A good VPN can disguise your location, allowing you to watch the games wherever you are.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) connects your device to a server in any country you choose. Your traffic is assigned the same IP address as the VPN server. The streaming site then thinks that you are in the same country as the server, allowing you to connect to their content.
When you want to watch ESPN, you should use a high-quality VPN. Low-quality VPNs could be detected by ESPN servers, and they will block those VPNs from their streams. High-quality VPNs disguise themselves better, allowing you to bypass geoblocks.
For streaming sports, look for a VPN with fast, consistent connection speeds. You don’t want to miss the action while you are dealing with lag or frustrated by buffering.
The Best VPNs for Watching the Special Olympics World Summer Games
Tested February 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
Athletes move fast. Sports move fast. If you want to keep up with everything, you need a VPN with stable connections and plenty of bandwidth. ExpressVPN delivers both.
ExpressVPN has an expansive network across the globe that ensures you can get access to sports anywhere in the world. They provide plenty of servers in the US, so they are a great choice to help you connect to ESPN for the Special Olympics World Summer Games.
If you want to know more about why ExpressVPN is the best VPN for sports, see our user reviews!
Money-back guarantee: 30 days
CyberGhost offers servers that are optimized for streaming, allowing you to keep up with all the action in the Games. These streaming-optimized servers ensure a stable, fast network that will keep you consistently connected through all the events.
Our top choice for Mac users, CyberGhost can help you keep up with everything happening across the Summer Games. With an Ad Blocker, Malware Blocker, and military-grade encryption, CyberGhost keeps you and your devices safe.
You can use your CyberGhost license on up to 7 devices simultaneously, whether they are Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or Amazon FireStick. And if you want to use Linux, they provide instructions for setting that up as well.
But don’t take our word for it, read what our users have to say!
Money-back guarantee: 45 days
Need speed and a huge number of servers? HotSpot Shield is for you.
With servers in just 80 countries, HotSpot Shield does not include as many nations as other services. But with over 1,800 servers, HotSpot Shield has no problem accessing sites that try to prevent VPN access.
And thanks to HotSpot Shield’s proprietary data compression protocol, streaming speeds are incredibly fast. You can watch your favorite sports with no problem on HotSpot Shield.
Learn more about HotSpot Shield by reading our user reviews.
Money-back guarantee: 45 days
For many of the Special Olympics athletes, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. If you want to see amazing athletes make their dreams come true, you will need a VPN to do it.ExpressVPNis the best choice for connecting to the Special Olympics World Summer Games.
Do you need more of an incentive to get started using a VPN? Check out our deals and coupons page and save even more on your subscription!
If you want to know more about VPNs, we recommend reading these articles below:
- How to Test Your VPN’s Security
- The Best (VERIFIED) No-Log VPNs – Safest & Cheapest
- How to Easily Bypass VPN Blocks (Yes, Even for Netflix!)
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.