How to Watch Sling TV Outside the US (& Pay with PayPal!)
Sling TV uses geoblocks to restrict access from outside the US and only accepts American credit cards in an attempt to limit itself to US users. But we’ll show you how to pay for Sling TV anywhere, without a US credit card!
Just combine a powerful VPN with servers in the USA and a Paypal account.
Using this method, you can access Sling TV anywhere, without seeing that dreaded error message…
Quick Guide: How To Watch Sling TV From Anywhere
- Choose a VPN with plenty of high-speed servers in the US. We recommend ExpressVPN, fastest premium VPN on the market.
- Download and install the VPN.
- Connect to a server anywhere in the United States.
- Sign in to Sling TV and pick your favorite channel.
Quick Guide: Sign up to Sling TV with Paypal
- Using your VPN, connect to a server in the USA.
- Join or sign in to your Paypal account.
- Navigate to the Paypal US Gift Card Store.
- Click ‘Categories’ and ‘Arts & Entertainment’.
- Select Sling TV and purchase a gift card. It will be sent to your Paypal email address.
- Visit Sling TV.
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Redeem Gift Card.’
- Follow the instructions to create your account and redeem your gift card.
- Choose your favorite channel and start watching!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Sling TV
Sling TV uses a powerful technology called geoblocking to prevent users in other countries from accessing its content. If you leave the US for work or a holiday, this will still impact you.
To access Sling TV outside the US, use a VPN to trick Sling TV into thinking you’re somewhere in the country.
A VPN uses military-grade encryption and a global library of secure servers to hide your real location, by masking your IP address. You can then ‘move’ your location, by connecting to the internet via one of the VPN’s servers in a different country.
In this case, you connect to a VPN server in any US city. The Sling TV geoblocks will believe you’re in New York, Seattle, Houston, or anywhere else you choose, and give you access to the site’s channel.
However, there is a catch. Sling TV only accepts US credit cards as payment for subscriptions. If you want to pay for Sling TV outside the US and don’t have an American credit card, there’s another trick you must use.
In this case, you can pay for Sling TV with Paypal.
How To Pay for Sling TV Outside the US (with Paypal)
You’ll also need to find a way around Sling TV’s American credit card requirement. Don’t worry — we’ve got the secret solution for this problem as well.
With PayPal’s Gift Card Store, you can purchase Sling TV gift cards that you redeem on the website. The gift card code is sent directly to your email, so you can use it to set up your Sling TV account set up in a matter of minutes. If you use this loophole, you won’t need an American credit card to open a Sling TV account.
Remember to use your VPN when accessing Paypal and applying your gift card code on Sling TV! If your IP address is outside the US, you’ll still be blocked from accessing Sling TV channels, even with a gift card.
Follow the instructions in our Quick Guide above to use this method without any mistakes.
That’s Not All a VPN Can Do
Sling TV isn’t the only streaming platform that restricts access to users based on location. Every major website in the world uses some form of geo-restrictions.
With a VPN, you bypass these by connecting to secure servers all over the world, hiding your location, and keeping your data secret. This also allows you to bypass government censorship and surveillance, along with a host of other benefits.
By encrypting your data, a VPN keeps you safe from malware, fraud, stalking, DDoS attacks, and intrusive advertising. You can enjoy the internet with the peace of mind that comes from being completely hidden, anonymous, and untrackable while online.
The most surprising benefit of a VPN? A good one will actually make your internet faster. A lot of people will tell you VPN slow your connection down because they use some of your bandwidth. But this is only true of free, badly designed VPNs.
By hiding your online activity, a VPN protects your from bandwidth throttling: the deliberate slowing down of your internet by your ISP. No matter how often you download, stream, or play games online, you’ll enjoy fast, stable connection speeds.
The 4 Best VPNs for Sling TV
Widely known for being the fastest premium VPN on the market, ExpressVPN lives up to its name.
However, this provider also understands that speed isn’t everything — it also values users’ privacy and protects it with strong encryption. Connecting is easy and takes just a couple of clicks! ExpressVPN users swear by its reliability and speed, but you can try it yourself with its risk-free, 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Another great VPN compatible with Sling TV, Surfshark has over 800 high-speed servers to choose from worldwide, each with a well-encrypted IP address for your protection. Smaller than the other VPNs listed here, it’s able to go undetected by Sling TV’s geoblocks.
You can test its speed, and amazing value, with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
Like our top two VPNs, CyberGhost offers a variety of server locations to choose from in over 60 countries, including 1,000+ servers in the US alone. Perfect for connecting to Sling TV. And if you’re willing to stretch your subscription out to 18 months, this provider offers one of the cheapest plans available from a premium VPN.
Signing up and enjoy CyberGhost’s generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes, dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
NordVPN offers both fast and secure internet, with solid 24/7 customer support. Plus, it’s extremely easy to download, install, and use. Its user-friendly interface makes choosing a VPN server in the United States easy for those interested in watching Sling TV.
Try it out for your, risk-free, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to watch Sling TV from anywhere without an American credit card, it’s time to sit back and start streaming! Remember, the keys are to use a high-quality VPN and purchase Sling TV gift cards on PayPal.
All that’s left to do is to choose the right VPN for you. Fortunately, most of the best VPNs offer a free trial or a money-back guarantee, so you can try them out without risk.