How to Watch ITV Hub from Ireland or Anywhere Outside the UK
If you missed the latest episode of Love Island or want to catch up on Downton Abbey, one UK streaming service has you covered! ITV Hub (Independent Television Network’s on-demand video service) gives you all the best in British television.
The online platform brings one of the UK’s major broadcasters right to your screen, allowing you to binge-watch shows and even livestream certain channels. If you’re located outside the UK, however, you will have problems accessing ITV Hub. The territorial restrictions on ITV Hub are so strict that it is actually geoblocked in the Republic of Ireland, where most UK TV networks are readily available.
In fact, even if you’re in Northern Ireland – within the UK – you may find ITV Hub blocked because your ISP routes traffic through servers across the border!
This is where VPNs come into play: A high-quality VPN will get you past those annoying geoblocks that are preventing you from tuning into ITV Hub. Our expert mentors have devised a four-step strategy to watch ITV Hub from Ireland or anywhere in the world, and have also prepared some tips to help you choose the best VPN for you.
Quick Guide: How to Watch ITV Hub from Outside the UK
The most straightforward way to access ITV Hub content is to go directly to the provider’s website. However, if you currently subscribe to a streaming service that includes ITV, scroll down for another option.
How to watch ITV Hub directly from the network website:
- Sign up for a VPN that suits your needs and has servers in the UK. (See our recommendation list below for the most trustworthy providers, including #1-rated ExpressVPN ).
- Install the VPN app and connect to a UK server.
- Subscribe to ITV Hub if you don’t already have an account.
- Search the ITV Hub show dashboard and stream the content you want to your heart’s desire!
ITV Hub can also be accessed as a service via Samsung TV, Sky Go, Virgin Media, Xbox One, and Nintendo Wii, among other sources. So if you already subscribe to one of these services, you can follow these steps instead:
- Sign up for a VPN with UK servers. (See our list below for the best providers, including top-rated ExpressVPN ).
- Install the VPN app and connect to a UK server.
- Sign in to your streaming service (Sky Go, Virgin Media,etc.)
- Locate ITV among the network viewing options and start streaming!
Love Island is back for its 5th Season! How to watch in 2019:
Now that Love Island is back on the air, you won’t want to miss a single minute of the drama or the romance. But even if you’re outside of the UK, you can still keep up with your favorite Islanders. This is the best way to stay up to date with Love Island season 5
Why You Need a VPN to Watch ITV Hub:
As one of the premier television networks in the UK, ITV provides a wide range of programming, including comedies, dramas, sports, and reality TV. Unfortunately, you’ll find access to it restricted if you’re anywhere outside the UK – even in Ireland, where viewing UK networks is usually no problem.
To help you overcome this obstacle, a VPN hides your true location, replacing it with the IP address of the server you use. And while many VPN providers can get this job done, each VPN has different features to take into account. Some have notoriously slow servers that will ruin your streaming experience, some compromise your privacy by collecting user data, and some use weak encryption that may leave you subject to hackers and ISP spying.
When selecting a VPN to hook up to the ITV Hub, avoid any issues by considering:
- Reliability of the VPN provider’s UK servers
- Speed of the servers, to make sure you get the best streaming quality
- Security measures, such as strong encryption and a kill switch
- Affordability of subscription plans
- Availability of a free trial and/or a money-back guarantee
We test hundreds of VPNs and retest them regularly. The following are the best we’ve found to deliver the great shows on ITV in high quality.
The Best VPNs for Watching ITV Hub Programming
Do you want ITV Hub’s shows delivered to your screen by the fastest servers in the VPN world? Then the right choice for you might be ExpressVPN, the consistent winner of our VPN speed tests. Six UK servers might not sound like a lot, but hundreds of user reviews prove that this VPN won’t let you down when you’re streaming ITV or any other UK television service.
ExpressVPN also delivers when it comes to security, offering military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, split tunneling, a kill switch, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
With over 330 UK servers, CyberGhost’s network will provide you with seamless access to ITV Hub no matter where you are. As user-friendly as VPNs come, CyberGhost offers a straightforward interface and quick installation. Simply use the preconfigured profile for streaming, or go deeper and customize the app according to your preferences.
But don’t think its simplicity means that this VPN lacks for other features. In fact, CyberGhost receives just as much user praise for its security measures, which include DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and 256-bit AES encryption, as it does for its ease of use.
Overall, CyberGhost offers great VPN value, especially with long-term plans. And on top of a 45-day money-back guarantee, users of iOS, Android, or Windows devices can take advantage of free trials lasting up to seven days!
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
This somewhat smaller-scale Swedish VPN is on the rise, due partly to its reliable compatibility with UK streaming sites. It may not have as many servers as the previous three big names, but unlike most VPNs, PrivateVPN exclusively owns every server in its network. That complete control means that the servers are particularly effective.
You can expect to receive good connections, very respectable speeds, and a user-friendly no-logging policy from PrivateVPN. However, live chat support is sometimes unavailable, and you might find yourself waiting 10 hours or more for responses to inquiries submitted via email or the contact form.
One thing is certain: users love that this VPN’s relative newness is keeping prices low. Take advantage of a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee to try it out before increasing demand starts pushing those prices upward!
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Another solid VPN choice, VyprVPN has proven itself very effective for accessing strongly geoblocked content. Its London server is a reliable choice for hooking up to ITV Hub. Full control of its server system without third-party interference allows VyprVPN to provide fast, uninterrupted streams with a global reach.
VyprVPN’s impressive functionality has earned it strong reviews, but we should mention two concerns for those with privacy as their top priority: VyprVPN keeps some connection logs, and tests indicate that the kill switch might be faulty. On the plus side, the provider is based in Switzerland, where all personal data is protected under strict national privacy laws.
You can explore VyprVPN for free with a 3-day trial, and subscribe with the peace of mind provided by 30-day money-back guarantee.
VyperVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
VyperVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Routers, Android TV, QNAP, Blackphone, Anonabox.
A consistent experts’ pick as one of the very best VPNs in the world, NordVPN has nearly 5,000 servers, including 556 in the UK alone. Users agree that no VPN is better for streaming, in part because the provider has optimized many of its servers for exactly that purpose.
NordVPN hasn’t sacrificed user privacy to achieve that level of performance, either. A strict no-logs policy backed by 2048-bit AES encryption, Anti DDoS protection, and Double VPN and Onion over VPN protocols guarantee you the highest level of security.
NordVPN also offers an easy-to-use interface and topnotch user support, all for a relatively low price. And you can try it out for 30 days with a money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
With the right VPN, it’s easy to watch ITV Hub from Ireland to Australia, and anywhere else beyond UK borders. If you’re new to VPNs, you might want a basic rundown of how they work and why you need one – not just for streaming, but to protect you every time you go online. Our experts have compiled a handy guide to everything a good VPN can do for you.
Without spending much money, you can get a VPN that gives you access to ITV and practically any media from anywhere. And you can do so without sacrificing security, simplicity, or privacy.
Speaking of saving money, once you choose the VPN that’s right for you, make sure to look at our list of promo codes before finalizing your purchase. Then just gather your friends and enjoy the magic of ITV Hub wherever you are!