15+ Best Kodi Sports Addons to Watch Live Sports in 2024
- Best Kodi Sports Addons — Official and Working in 2024
- Tips on Choosing the Best Sports Addons for Kodi
- Best VPNs for Watching Live Sports With Kodi Addons — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
- ExpressVPN — Excellent Speeds to Watch Live Sports on Kodi in High Quality Without Buffering
- CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers for Accessing Kodi Sports Addons Without Geoblocks
- Private Internet Access — Vast Network to Reliably Stream Live Sports Events on Kodi
- Quick Guide: How to Use Kodi Sports Addons With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- FAQs on Best Kodi Sports Addons
- Get the Best VPN for Kodi Sports Addons
While there is certainly an abundance of Kodi sports addons, not many of them actually work reliably. Most only offer low-quality streams that are interrupted with constant buffering. Worse still, some may even contain malware or silently collect and sell your data.
That’s why my team and I tested and researched all the Kodi sports addons currently available, shortlisting the absolute best. Our chosen addons cover diverse sports categories, are available across both official and third-party repositories, and work well with most system builds (from Kodi 18.9 to 20).
However, many high-quality Kodi sports addons are only available in selected regions (like the US or UK). This can prevent you from watching the UFC and Premier League live while traveling, for example. That said, you can get around geoblocks by using a quality VPN for Kodi — which also helps you to avoid online tracking and ISP throttling at the same time.
ExpressVPN is my top choice for watching live sports on Kodi. A reliable server network and impressive speeds allow you to stream live sports from anywhere without interruptions. The VPN also safeguards your data against hackers and snoops with military-grade encryption. You can test ExpressVPN without risk (it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee).
Short on Time? Here Are the Best Sports Addons for Kodi in 2024
- Hulu + Live TV — Best Kodi sports addon that airs diverse sports events from popular channels.
- NBC Sports — It lets you watch games, highlights, and interviews for numerous sports categories.
- NHL TV — Popular Kodi extension made for hockey fans with multi-broadcast live events and replays.
- Fox Sports — A streaming network that airs sports events, news programs, and analytics.
- Pluto TV — Free streaming addon with hundreds of sports channels.
Best Kodi Sports Addons — Official and Working in 2024
Hulu’s Kodi add-on gives you access to the popular US-based streaming platform on your Kodi. The Hulu + Live TV plan includes numerous broadcast channels (like CBS Sports Network and ESPN), offering various sports programs, streams, and news. It also has dedicated channels for golf and NFL enthusiasts, so there really is something for every sports fan.
Hulu is available only in the US due to licensing restrictions. However, ExpressVPN can reliably access Hulu on Kodi from anywhere — it does this by making it look like you’re accessing the service from the US. Simply connect to a US server to watch your favorite sports on the Hulu Kodi addon, wherever you are.
This addon includes live streams and on-demand content from various NBC sports channels, such as NBC Golf and NBC Olympics. Overall, you’ll have access to all kinds of sporting events, including NFL, NBA, NASCAR, soccer, and more. It also shares diverse sports-related news, talk shows, and analytical programs. You can live stream in 720p and watch on-demand content in 1080p.
Unfortunately, this addon works only in the US. Even worse, it often blackouts broadcasts in certain regions due to licensing agreements. So, you’ll need a VPN with reliable US servers to watch sports on vacation.
3. NHL TV
The NHL TV addon lets you stream live and on-demand National Hockey League games, including the Stanley Cup playoffs. You can even choose between different camera options and broadcast feeds for certain live streams. It’s also possible to watch recaps of the games you’ve missed.
Streaming NHL TV is possible in many countries (including the US and Canada). However, some broadcasts may still be georestricted due to regional blackouts. Although this is a paid service with no free trial, you can get a refund if you cancel during the first 5 days. If you don’t want to pay for the service, you can still watch some free content, including game recaps, highlights, and full streams of classic games from NHL history.
4. Fox Sports
Fox Sports is a US-based sports broadcast network that showcases numerous sporting events, including football, basketball, and baseball. Alongside live sports, it also features news, interviews, and analysis programs. To access Fox Sports on Kodi, you need a US-based IP address (which a quality VPN can provide you with).
If you’re using any subscription service that includes Fox Sports, such as Sling TV, FuboTV, or a regular cable subscription where Fox Sports is included, you can stream Fox Sports through Kodi.
5. Pluto TV
The Pluto TV Kodi addon provides easy access to live sports events. It’s a free streaming service that broadcasts games from leagues such as the NFL, MLB, and NBA. In addition, it offers plenty of on-demand films and shows about sports.
This Kodi extension is available in several countries, including the US, UK, Australia, and Canada. Despite being free, this service has licensing rights to all its content. However, you need to watch ads before each stream.
6. iPlayer WWW
iPlayer WWW gives you access to BBC iPlayer on Kodi, which offers a comprehensive range of live and on-demand sports content, including soccer, rugby, tennis, and athletics. For example, you can watch the FA Cup, the World Cup, the Olympics, and the Snooker World Championship live.
This addon is available only in the UK, so you’ll need a reliable VPN with many UK servers to access it abroad (I recommend ExpressVPN). If you don’t have an account, you must sign up first to access BBC iPlayer — it’s free.
ESPN is a US-based sports broadcast network that airs dozens of sports matches, such as boxing, hockey, and tennis. Like other sports services, it also features a wealth of news and analytical programs.
It’s mainly a subscription-based service with some pay-per-view UFC events. You can get the Kodi addon from the SlyGuy Repository, but it’s still necessary to sign in to your ESPN account to use it (you’ll also need a US IP address). Sadly, the platform doesn’t offer refund periods or free trials. That said, there is some free content available, like replays and highlights of every sport ESPN covers.
DAZN sports addon caters to sports enthusiasts with live events like boxing matches, MMA, UFC, soccer games, and basketball showdowns. It’s also a popular platform for viewing Champions League games and WTA Tennis.
It’s available in selected countries, including the US, Canada, Germany, Japan, and Italy. DAZN is available with an affordable subscription, and you can even try the service risk-free thanks to a 30-day free trial. However, keep in mind that some events are pay-per-view only.
9. CBC Sports
The Canadian Broadcasting Company addon for Kodi gives you access to live and on-demand sports events — from thrilling Hockey Nights to intense curling competitions. This service is free but only accessible if you have a Canadian IP address. If you’re outside Canada, you’ll need a VPN to access the service — CyberGhost’s dedicated Kodi streaming servers have no trouble accessing CBC.
10. NFL Game Pass
NFL Game Pass is a subscription-only service for American football fans. It shows live games and playoffs (including the Super Bowl), exclusive interviews, post-match analysis, and the latest news. It’s available only in the US, but it also enforces regional blackouts from time to time. There’s a 7-day trial available.
For wrestling aficionados, the WWE Network Addon delivers live events, on-demand content, exclusive interviews, and the latest WWE news. Certain events might be restricted, though, based on your IP address. This is primarily a subscription-based service, but you can choose a free tier and watch pay-per-view replays for free.
12. AMA Pro Racing
AMA Pro Racing is made for motorsports fans — it shows Motocross and Supercross sporting events. The Kodi extension features motorcycle racing events and highlights, along with interviews and other additional content. Although free, you may need a VPN to access this Kodi sports addon outside the US. ExpressVPN is my top recommended VPN for Kodi.
The iTV Kodi addon showcases a variety of sports events and news. You can watch on-demand Premier League matches, rugby games, horse racing, and more. This free service is available in the UK only, unless you use a reliable VPN.
The MLB.tv Kodi addon is great for baseball lovers, offering Major League Baseball games, highlights, and interviews. This subscription-only service is available to US residents with US-based payment methods. It also offers a 7-day trial and a 5-day refund policy.
The Fite.tv addon lets you enjoy various combat sports like MMA, wrestling, and boxing. Some broadcasts may be unavailable in your location depending on your IP address. The service shows some matches for free — others are paid live events. It also has a refund guarantee if you cancel within 48 hours of purchasing a subscription.
Unofficial Kodi Live TV Addons
These Kodi addons are not created or maintained by official streaming platforms, and are only available via third-party repositories. Due to this, there’s a chance you can encounter copyrighted content or unlicensed broadcasts.
I’d always recommend using an official Kodi addon whenever possible, so that you don’t risk breaking the law. However, if you’re looking for specific sports content that isn’t available on the above platforms, these services could serve as a viable alternative. Just ensure that anything you'd like to watch is either properly licensed or entirely copyright-free before streaming.
SportHD is an unofficial addon that lets you stream ongoing sports events in HD quality. It includes different types of content (live broadcasts, on-demand videos, and news) for various categories — motorsports, basketball, football, chess, snooker, volleyball, and boxing, to name a few. You can get this Kodi extension from the Bugatsinho Repository and it’s available for Kodi 20 Nexus and Kodi 19 Matrix.
2. The Crew
The Crew is a popular all-in-one unofficial Kodi extension that provides a mix of live events and on-demand sports content (including replays and sports-related shows). It gives you access to a massive amount of sports games, including NHL, MLB, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball, FIFA, Moto-GP, Formula 1, cricket, and more.
SportsDevil grants free access to everything a sports fan needs — broadcasts, highlights, blogs, and interviews in UHD. Its sports categories include football, basketball, boxing, and many other disciplines. Plus, this Kodi extension is readily available across the globe.
4. cCloud TV
Installing cCloudTV keeps you connected to a wide array of live events, on-demand videos, and broadcasting commentaries. You can enjoy multiple sporting categories in high quality with minimal latency. Like other unofficial Kodi extensions, you can access it from any location.
5. Star Tec
Star Tec is a popular Kodi sports add-on that lets you stream games from various sources. So, you can enjoy online broadcasts and replays of major sports events from anywhere. While the extension is free, some streaming sources inside are subscription-based.
Tips on Choosing the Best Sports Addons for Kodi
I checked over 40 Kodi extensions for sports to find the best ones. However, if you’d like to do your own tests, here are the essential features to keep in mind:
- Supported Kodi version. Verify that the addon is compatible with your Kodi version (like Matrix, Leia, or Nexus) to avoid installation issues.
- Sports categories. Look for addons that show your favorite sports, including any leagues or tournaments you’d like to follow. The best sports Kodi addons also offer a mix of live streams of sporting events and on-demand content, like replays and highlights.
- Trusted repository. Ensure the Kodi sports extension is available from a reputable source to avoid the risk of viruses, trackers, and other malware.
- Accessibility in your region. Some Kodi addons are georestricted and may be unavailable in your country. That said, you can use a VPN for hassle-free access from anywhere.
- Streaming quality. Don’t settle for low quality streams — the best Kodi sports addons offer streams and on-demand content in 720p and 1080p. Some can even offer 4k sports content.
- User-friendly interface. Go with a sports extension that offers a responsive user interface that’s easy to navigate. It should never take you long to find your desired content.
- Pricing and free trial period. Choose a Kodi sports addon that’s affordable and offers good value for your money. Ideally, the service should also offer a free trial so you can try it risk-free. Some addons are even forever-free, but these tend to show a more limited selection of sports content.
Why You Need a VPN for Streaming with Kodi Sports Addons
A lot of the best Kodi sports addons are georestricted. This is due to licensing agreements in which the streaming service only has the right to serve sports content to certain countries. To check whether you’re in a supported country, the streaming provider checks your IP address to reveal your location. If you’re in a country where your desired sports content isn’t licensed to be shown, you’ll be blocked.
However, a VPN allows you to replace your IP address with one from another country. This allows you to appear as if you’re streaming from a country supported by the service, allowing you access to your favorite sports content. For example, by connecting to a US VPN server, you can access live sports on the Hulu Kodi addon from anywhere without running into geoblocks.
Plus, a VPN also prevents ISP throttling, which can ruin your sports streaming experience. ISPs can sometimes throttle users it detects are streaming, as this uses a lot of bandwidth. However, a VPN encrypts your connection — making it unreadable to your ISP and ensuring they have no reason to throttle you. Nicely, VPN encryption also protects you from cybercriminals and online snoops while streaming sports with Kodi.
Best VPNs for Watching Live Sports With Kodi Addons — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
1. ExpressVPN — Excellent Speeds to Watch Live Sports on Kodi in High Quality Without Buffering
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|The fastest VPN we tested for Kodi sports addons, letting you stream in max quality without interruption
|110Mbps (14% slower than my usual connection)
|3,000 servers across 105 countries to easily watch live sports anywhere
|Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Kodi, Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Chrome, Firefox, Smart TVs, routers, and more
ExpressVPN’s fast speeds let you stream sports in UHD on Kodi without ever having to worry about annoying buffering. All VPNs slow your internet speed due to the encryption process. But my speeds were barely affected while testing ExpressVPN US servers — I recorded only a 14% drop, while most VPNs reduce your speeds by over 50%. It doesn’t limit your bandwidth either, so you can watch as much sport as you want without hitting data caps.
ExpressVPN’s vast server network also allows you to reliably access Kodi sports addons from anywhere. For example, I watched the entire NBA playoffs via the NBC Sports Kodi extension, despite being in Europe at the time. All I had to do was connect to a US server. In fact, I never had any trouble accessing any Kodi addon — ExpressVPN lets you easily unblock your sports streaming accounts like ESPN, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
Your traffic is secured with military-grade encryption, so your ISP can’t see the content you view on Kodi. My real location was also kept private, due to ExpressVPN’s IP leak protection. This VPN also doesn’t collect, store, or share your data either, thanks to a strict no-logs policy. For some extra reassurance, ExpressVPN has been proven to be in full compliance with this policy by independent cybersecurity firm PwC.
Admittedly, this isn’t the cheapest VPN. Luckily, ExpressVPN frequently offers regular discounts. I got the 12-month subscription with 49% off and 3 extra months for free for a final price of $6.67/month. Besides, you can try the VPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I applied for a refund through 24/7 live chat, and my PayPal wallet was reimbursed within 2 days.
- Split tunneling. You can choose which apps or devices use the VPN connection and which stay on your regular internet. I set my browser to use the VPN — allowing me to securely stream sports on Kodi — while my favorite game FIFA 2023 stayed on my regular low-latency internet (VPN connections usually raise ping significantly).
- Easy-to-use apps. The apps are user-friendly and easy to install on many Kodi devices. You can quickly set up ExpressVPN for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and Android TV Box.
- Network Lock. The VPN comes with a kill switch (Network Lock) that prevents accidental data exposure. This feature terminates your internet if your VPN connection is disrupted for any reason — ensuring your connection is never left vulnerable while streaming sports on Kodi.
- Based in a privacy-friendly country. ExpressVPN is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, which is outside the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances (international intelligence-sharing agreements between governments). It’s not subject to any privacy-violating data retention laws, either.
2. CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers for Accessing Kodi Sports Addons Without Geoblocks
|Servers specially designed to unblock popular sports streaming services on Kodi
|107Mbps (16% slower than my usual connection)
|11,683 servers in 100 countries to stream sports on international streaming services
|Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Kodi, Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Chrome, Firefox, Smart TVs, routers, and more
CyberGhost has streaming-optimized servers dedicated to offering reliable access to certain Kodi addons like Hulu, Fox Sports, and NFL+. For example, I easily accessed my BBC iPlayer account and watched the Premier League when I connected to its dedicated BBC iPlayer server. As these servers are constantly maintained to ensure consistent access to the relevant streaming platform, you shouldn’t have problems bypassing geoblocks on your Kodi addons.
AES 256-bit encryption masks your actual IP address and prevents anyone from seeing what you stream online. Like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost’s HQ in Romania is also outside Eyes Alliance jurisdiction. Besides, CyberGhost’s RAM-only servers ensure your activity data is both inaccessible and regularly wiped — so your activity on Kodi sports addons will be kept entirely private. This is backed up by CyberGhost’s strict no-logs policy, which has been independently audited by trusted firm Deloitte.
CyberGhost is also really beginner-friendly. Installing and setting up the VPN takes just a few minutes on most Kodi-compatible devices. Even if you’ve never used a VPN before, you should have no trouble navigating the app to find the ideal server for streaming your favorite Kodi sports addons.
One downside is that the monthly subscriptions are expensive and offer a shortened refund period. However, long-term plans are affordable, starting at $2.03/month. They also have an extended 45-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not fully satisfied, you can contact support via email or 24/7 live chat to cancel your subscription and get a refund at any time during this period.
- Leak protection. Your real location should never be leaked thanks to CyberGhost IP/DNS/WebRTC leak protection. Across all my tests, my location information wasn’t revealed once.
- Content blocker. CyberGhost’s content blocker automatically blocks intrusive ads, trackers, and malicious links from appearing when you are browsing Kodi sports addons.
- NoSpy servers. These servers are exclusively managed and maintained by CyberGhost’s own staff. By managing these servers in-house, CyberGhost ensures that unknown individuals can’t monitor your Kodi activity via the physical VPN server itself, providing an extra layer of security that’s lacking with many other VPNs.
- Smart WiFi rules. You can set CyberGhost to automatically connect to a server whenever it detects you’re using an untrusted WiFi network. This keeps your data protected and provides peace of mind while enjoying Kodi on public WiFi networks.
|Offers one of the biggest server networks out there, ideal for bypassing geoblocks and regional blackouts
|93Mbps (27.4% slower than my usual connection)
|29,650 servers across 91 countries for easy access to sports streaming platforms
|Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Kodi, Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, PlayStation, Xbox, Chrome, Firefox, Smart TVs, routers, and more
You can easily access any Kodi sports addon with PIA’s vast server network, which includes an impressive 53 US locations. Some servers are also specially optimized for more reliable streaming. While testing PIA US servers, I accessed all popular Kodi sports addons with ease. So, watching your favorite games on ESPN 3, Hulu, and NHL TV isn’t a problem. Even if you find a server that fails to unblock your desired addon, there’s always plenty of alternatives for you to try.
This VPN lets you customize its encryption and protocols to balance speed and security. My connection was the fastest with AES 128-bit encryption and the WireGuard VPN protocol. PIA also offers unlimited bandwidth, meaning your sports streaming won’t be interrupted by any pesky data caps. Thanks to its robust IP leak protection and a kill switch, your real location will never be revealed either.
PIA’s customizability can be overwhelming if you’re new to VPNs. But you don't need to worry about adjusting settings — the default configuration is optimized for fast speeds without compromising security, providing seamless streams on Kodi sports addons.
It’s possible to get PIA for just $2.03/month. I opted for the 2-year plan, which was the most budget-friendly option. Thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try PIA risk-free.
- Low risk of server overcrowding. Another benefit of PIA’s large number of servers is that you’ll virtually never run into server overcrowding. This is where too many VPN users are crowded on a single server, which can cause significant slowdowns and connection problems.
- Dedicated ad blocker. PIA has a built-in ad blocker (MACE) to help you avoid intrusive ads and malware when using unofficial Kodi sports extensions.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections. You can stream sporting events on all Kodi-compatible devices in your household with a single PIA account.
- Audited zero-logs policy. Your online activities, including streaming habits on Kodi sports addons, are kept safe from ad networks, government agencies, and other third parties.
Quick Guide: How to Use Kodi Sports Addons With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a reliable VPN. ExpessVPN’s fast global network and military-grade encryption allow safe and buffer-free streaming. You can try ExpressVPN without risk (it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- Connect to a server. Select a server in a country that allows access to the Kodi sports addon of your choice. For example, choose a US server to unblock Hulu.
- Start browsing. You’re ready to safely watch live sports events on Kodi addons no matter where you are.
FAQs on Best Kodi Sports Addons
Are Kodi sports addons legal?
Official Kodi sports addons are legal to use. There’s also no laws against using a VPN to access a georestricted Kodi addon from outside its supported region. However, some unofficial addons can air sports events without proper licensing. We at vpnMentor don’t condone piracy — to avoid breaking the law, we always recommend using only official Kodi extensions whenever possible.
How to install Kodi sports addons?
You can download sports addons from official and unofficial Kodi repositories — web links that contain extensions for Kodi. Remember to install the Kodi application on your streaming device first. It’s advised to connect to a VPN server to securely install and access all Kodi addons.
To get an official addon, go to the Add-ons section and click Install from repository. To install unofficial sports addons, do the following:
- Click on the gear icon to open Settings and go to System.
- Enable Unknown sources in the Add-ons section to allow Kodi to install third-party addons.
- Return to the main Settings menu, select File Manager, and click Add Source.
- Enter the URL of a repository to download a zip archive of a sports addon. Kodi will ask you to select or create a folder.
- Return to the main menu, click Add-ons, and choose Install from zip file.
- Select a sports addon in the directory you created and click Install.
- The addon is available from the Add-ons section of the main menu.
Can Kodi sports addons help me bet on games?
Kodi sports addons let you stream sports, which helps in live sports betting. Watching the event live can help inform better betting decisions. However, keep in mind that some Kodi sports addons are georestricted. This may leave you unable to watch the sporting event you’re live betting on, leaving you at a disadvantage. However, a quality VPN for Kodi will help you access and stream sports live on Kodi addons from anywhere, without buffering.
How to use Kodi sports addons safely?
Choose official sources and trustworthy repositories to avoid malware. It’s also recommended to use a reliable VPN for Kodi for safe live sports streaming. You should also scan downloaded files for viruses and delete extensions you no longer use.
The majority of the addons that let you watch live sports are safe to use because sports addons are mostly made by reputable repositories. However, some unofficial sports addons can be unsafe — your device may be infected with malware, and your sensitive personal information could be put at risk. It’s recommended to avoid unofficial addons wherever possible.
Can I use a free VPN with Kodi sports addons?
It’s not recommended to use a free VPN with Kodi. Most free VPN services have significant drawbacks that can impact your streaming experience. These disadvantages include slow speeds, limited server options, bandwidth caps, and inadequate security features. Opting for a premium VPN that offers a money-back guarantee is the best approach for seamless live sports streaming on Kodi.
Even if you manage to find a free VPN that doesn't impose limitations on speeds, servers, or data usage, there are usually other concerns to be aware of. Many free VPNs have questionable practices, such as logging and selling user data for profit. Additionally, certain free VPNs may include hidden malware or spyware within their applications, posing a risk to your privacy and device security.
Get the Best VPN for Kodi Sports Addons
Reliable VPNs let you use the best Kodi sports addons without regional restrictions. A quality VPN will also ensure you never have to deal with buffering, connectivity issues, and monitoring from online snoopers.
I recommend ExpressVPN for streaming Kodi sports addons. Its fast server network lets you access any streaming platform and ensure UHD-ready speeds. This VPN also keeps your personal data safe with military-grade encryption and a no-logs policy. Plus, thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try it completely risk-free.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs for Kodi sports addons…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.