5 Best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy Tab in 2020 | Streaming & Safety
With so many VPNs now offering Android-compatible apps, there’s really no reason not to give your handheld devices as much protection as you do your desktop or laptop.
Today, we’re looking at the best VPNs that are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab. We’ll also look at what you need in a VPN for a tablet, and how to install one on your device.
The Best VPNs for the Samsung Galaxy Tab: Quick Guide
- NordVPN – One of the highest-rated VPN apps on Google Play, NordVPN is perfect for use with your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- ExpressVPN – Boasting excellent device compatibility and the best speeds, ExpressVPN is fast, reliable, and safe.
- CyberGhost – CyberGhost is user-friendly and affordable, with plenty of features to keep your Tab secure.
- Surfshark – Packed with clever features, Surfshark gives you excellent value for money.
- PrivateVPN – PrivateVPN is simple and security-driven, perfect if you’re looking for easy privacy without complicated settings.
What to Look for in a VPN for the Samsung Galaxy Tab
The features you need in a VPN for your Samsung Galaxy Tab will depend on what you use your Tab for and why you want a VPN.
One of the main reasons people want a VPN on their Tab is to safely unblock and stream content that might not be available to them in their region. For various reasons — such as copyright laws or time differences — some countries get access to shows and movies early, while other countries might never get access at all.
If you’re looking to use a VPN to stream your favorite shows or movies, you’ll need four things: speed, unblocking capabilities, a global server network, and privacy.
If a streaming site isn’t allowed to show content in a certain country, it will geoblock that content. This means that anyone attempting to view the content with an IP address from a blocked country will be barred.
A VPN can help you to unblock geo-restricted shows and films by hiding your IP address and redirecting your traffic through one of its own servers in a location that isn’t blocked. The streaming site will not see your location, only the location of the VPN — unblocking the content for you to enjoy.
Unfortunately, most of the major streaming sites are aware of VPN usage and employ strong anti-VPN software to detect and blacklist IP addresses associated with VPN services.
To safely stream on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, you’ll need a VPN that is capable of bypassing this anti-VPN software and giving you access to servers in the right locations.
A good feature to look out for is a large, global server network. This means the VPN is not only powerful enough to unblock streaming sites but also that you’ll have a good range of locations to choose from when it comes to unblocking regional content.
Of course, excellent unblocking abilities are no good if a VPN isn’t fast enough to give you quick and stable streaming. Look for a VPN with lightning-fast speeds to guarantee no annoying buffering times.
Security and privacy should also be a key requirement. Streaming geoblocked content isn’t technically allowed so you’ll want a VPN that’s able to encrypt your traffic and that won’t store any logs of your online behavior.
This is also crucial when it comes to protecting your Samsung Galaxy Tab in general. If you travel a lot or tend to use your Tab on free public wi-fi, a VPN will secure your device and protect you from hackers, malware, ads, and phishing.
How to Install a VPN on the Samsung Galaxy Tab – 2 Ways
- Through the Google Play Store: Set up an account with your chosen VPN service then go to the Google Play Store and search for the relevant VPN app. Tap ‘Install’. Once the app is installed, open it and log in.
- Via your Samsung Galaxy Tab settings: After setting up your account, go to your settings and tap ‘Connections’ then ‘More Connections Settings/More Networks’. Tap ‘VPN’ then ‘Add VPN’ and input the relevant information for your chosen service.
Best VPNs for the Samsung Galaxy Tab
Not only does NordVPN have one of the highest-rated VPN apps on Play Store, it’s also the highest-rated VPN according to our users.
An excellent blend of reasonable pricing with super-fast speeds and optimum security, NordVPN is ideal for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Its Android app is easy to install and user-friendly while giving you everything you’d expect from a desktop VPN.
Streaming is easy with NordVPN’s SmartPlay technology. SmartPlay guarantees smooth and reliable streaming with Dynamic DNS and automatic connection to streaming-optimized servers. NordVPN is also capable of unblocking most major streaming sites with a vast global network of 5,200+ servers in 60 countries.
A choice of DoubleVPN or Onion Over VPN gives you maximum privacy while military-grade encryption and CyberSec software keep you and your data safe. Try it out for yourself with NordVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
Although it is a bit more expensive than other VPNs, ExpressVPN is worth it if you’re serious about speed and security.
Highly-rated for its lightning-fast speeds, ExpressVPN boasts 3,000+ servers in 160 different locations.
Resolute on privacy, ExpressVPN protects its users with AES 256-bit encryption, secure protocols, a strict no logs policy, and Zero Knowledge DNS with leak protection.
ExpressVPN has some of the best app compatibility, with Android being no exception. Other useful features include split tunneling, which allows you to divert only part of your traffic through the VPN so you don’t have to compromise on speed.
Check out ExpressVPN’s unrivaled speeds with their 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
If you’re looking for a VPN that doesn’t compromise on features but is a little less complicated than its competitors, CyberGhost is a great choice.
While not as fast as the likes of ExpressVPN, CyberGhost still gives you good speeds for streaming via their special streaming-optimized servers. These speeds are down to an impressive network of 6,000+ servers in 90+ countries, which also makes CyberGhost more than capable of unblocking major streaming sites.
A built-in ad and malware blocker joins military-grade encryption, a no logs policy, and DNS and IP leak protection to keep your Samsung Galaxy Tab secure. Another handy feature is an automatic VPN connection when CyberGhost detects that your Tab has joined an unsecured network.
Read what our users think of CyberGhost or give it a go yourself with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
If you’re looking for a VPN on a budget, you can’t go wrong with Surfshark. This affordable option has great reviews for its excellent value and clever features.
The easy-to-use and intuitive Android app takes care of your security with a few different features. CleanWeb software blocks malware, trackers, and ads, while both MultiHop and Camouflage Mode will keep your online browsing completely private.
Although Surfshark has a smaller network, every server is equipped with Private DNS. The VPN’s relatively new status means it’s also fantastic at unblocking streaming sites since it’s still able to fly under the radar of anti-VPN detectors.
Best of all, Surfshark will let you connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously, so you can protect all of your other devices as well as your Samsung Galaxy Tab. Test it out now with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
PrivateVPN is a fantastic choice if privacy is your main concern and you’re looking for an inexpensive way to protect your Samsung Galaxy Tab against hacking and malware.
Our users rate PrivateVPN as one of the most simple and easy-to-use services. Military-grade 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and secure protocols are the default on all profiles, so there’s no need to undergo any complicated setup.
Despite a smaller network than most, PrivateVPN is still capable of decent speeds and can unblock most major streaming sites. See for yourself with a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Summary and Further Reading
Keeping your Samsung Galaxy Tab safe and secure should be quick and easy with the right VPN. Once you’ve chosen the best option for you, check out our best VPN deals and coupon codes.
Interested in streaming Netflix on your Samsung Galaxy Tab? We found out which VPNs actually work with Netflix.
If you’d like to protect more of your devices, you can also read our rundown of the best VPNs for multiple devices.