Does NordVPN Work with Amazon Fire Stick in 2020? Only If You Do This
Plug an Amazon Fire Stick into the HDMI slot of your television and in a flash your TV is transformed into a smart TV. But with many of the apps available through the Amazon Fire Stick, there are geographical restrictions on what content you can access.
For example, if you’re outside the US, you’ll be unable to access Hulu and quite a lot of content from other streaming services. While if you’re not in the UK, you won’t be able to stream with BBC iPlayer.
Therefore, no matter where you are in the world, you are likely to be missing out on a lot of content due to geoblocking. However, you can easily get around these blocks by using a VPN.
As the Amazon Fire Stick is a device, you can install a VPN onto it and enjoy any content you want from anywhere in the world.
In this article, we’ll show you the simple steps you need to take to install and operate NordVPN on your Amazon Fire Stick, so you can access all your favorite shows and movies.
How to Use NordVPN on Your Amazon Fire Stick
Streaming on your Amazon Fire Stick with the NordVPN app makes it easy to access the full catalogs of your favorite streaming services from anywhere in the world.
Follow these simple steps and within minutes you will be enjoying the content you previously couldn’t:
- On the ‘Home‘ screen of your Fire Stick, select the magnifying glass icon (search) and type in “NordVPN“.
- Select the NordVPN app and install it onto your Fire Stick device.
- After installation, launch the NordVPN app and enter your login details.
- You can now go to the ‘All Countries’ section and connect to a server in a specific country or choose one of their specialty servers. NOTE: The first time you log in to the NordVPN app you will be asked for permission to connect to the VPN and to create a VPN profile to your device.
- Once you are connected, your selected server tile will turn green and you will see your connection flash up on the top right of your TV screen.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy entertainment from around the globe.
Why Choose NordVPN to Unblock Content on Amazon Fire Stick?
NordVPN is not the only service that has a native app for the Amazon Fire Stick, but it is definitely one of the best choices.
It has an impressive network of over 5,000 servers in 60 countries, so you’ll be able to access geoblocked content from all over the world through your Fire Stick.
Furthermore, with NordVPN you are guaranteed fast streaming speeds, military-grade encryption to keep your data and online activities private, and a proven ability to bypass geographical restrictions.
Additionally, NordVPN’s servers are optimized for streaming, making it an ideal VPN for the Fire Stick.
Users of NordVPN are very complimentary about the service and about the 24/7 live chat customer support.
If you are having trouble accessing the content through a particular app (the Disney Channel can sometimes be problematic to access), a customer service adviser will recommend the servers that will grant you access, right away.
Navigating NordVPN on First Generation Fire Sticks
You’ll have no problem navigating the NordVPN app with the newer generation of Fire Sticks, which have the responsive, voice-activated remotes.
However, if you have one of the first generation Fire Sticks, you will find it a challenge to navigate the app with your TV remote.
No need to worry, though, as there is a Remote for Fire TV app that can be downloaded to your mobile devices offering great functionality to navigate the controls of the NordVPN app.
Additional Benefits of Using NordVPN with Your Amazon Fire Stick
With a subscription to NordVPN, you will have the benefit of so much more than just fast streaming through your favorite services.
There are many more reasons why you should be using NordVPN every time you go online, either on your Amazon Fire Stick or other devices:
- Military-grade encryption and advanced security features, including a strict no logs policy, Double VPN, two different kill switches, and the CyberSec suite, which provides extra malware protection and ad blocking.
- Dedicated servers for streaming, torrenting, and P2P.
- Easy-to-use apps for all major platforms and devices.
- Unrivaled 24/7 customer service and an impressive knowledge base on setup and servers.
- A no-questions-asked, 30-day, money-back guarantee.
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs on the market, with everything you need for safe streaming across all of your devices, including the Amazon Fire Stick.
It’s no surprise that it’s one of our top choices of VPNs to use for the Fire Stick. Check out our other recommendations in our article on the best VPNs for Fire Stick.