How to Get a Lithuania IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Get a Lithuania IP Address in 3 Easy Steps
- The Best VPNs to Get a Lithuania IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Lightning-Fast Speeds for Browsing Without Interruptions Using a Lithuanian IP
- CyberGhost — Beginner-Friendly App to Easily Access Lithuania Websites
- Private Internet Access (PIA) — Customizable Security Settings for Your Lithuania IP Address
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Lithuania IP Address
- FAQs on Getting a Lithuania IP Address With a VPN
- Get a Lithuania IP Address Today
Due to geoblocks, you won't have access to Lithuanian content when traveling outside the country, including local banking apps, government services, and e-commerce platforms. You need a Lithuania IP address to bypass these geo-restricted sites. Fortunately, a VPN can help.
A VPN is the easiest way to access Lithuanian websites. Simply choose a VPN with servers in Lithuania and connect. That way, you'll be assigned a Lithuania IP and can access local content wherever you are. As a bonus, VPNs come with robust security features to enhance your online privacy without compromising speed.
ExpressVPN is my top choice to get a Lithuanian IP address. Its servers in Lithuania provide ultra-fast speeds for uninterrupted browsing, torrenting, and gaming. Plus, military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy protect you from snoops and hackers. You can even try ExpressVPN’s Lithuanian IPs risk-free because it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Lithuania IP Address in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has reliable Lithuanian servers to unblock local content effortlessly. You can try ExpressVPN with peace of mind as it's backed by high-level security features and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in Lithuania. Open the VPN and choose a server in Lithuania to get a Lithuanian IP address.
- Start browsing. You can now access almost any content restricted to Lithuania while keeping your data safe.
Why You Need a VPN to Get a Lithuania IP Address
Some sites in Lithuania are geo-restricted — meaning you can’t use them unless you’re in the country. For example, some financial and government services check if you’ve got a Lithuania IP address and block you if you don’t.
With the right VPN, you can get around geoblocks to access the sites you want. A VPN redirects your internet traffic through a private server on a secured network. When you connect to a Lithuanian server, you're assigned a Lithuania IP address, masking your actual location. So you can access the local content you need.
Like the ones on my list, a premium VPN also protects your privacy and data with military-grade encryption and a variety of advanced security features. That means you'll be able to use your Lithuanian IP to transfer money to and from your Luminor Bank account without fear of hackers.
The Best VPNs to Get a Lithuania IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
All the VPNs listed can provide you with a Lithuania IP address. Plus, they run servers worldwide so that you can access your international content too.
They are also fast enough to stream, game, or torrent without annoying delays. Additionally, their sophisticated security features mean you won't have to worry about your data being stolen, or online activity tracked. Even better, these VPNs come with reliable refund policies, so you can try them out with confidence.
1. ExpressVPN — Lightning-Fast Speeds for Browsing Without Interruptions Using a Lithuanian IP
Tested March 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Server speed and location: The fastest VPN I tested for Lithuania with 3,000 servers in 105 countries, including Lithuania
- Security and privacy: Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and no-logs policy
- Simultaneous device connections: 8
- Works with: Lietuvos Rytas TV, LRT Televizija, Šiaulių Televizija, Netflix (Lithuania & US), Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, routers, and more
ExpressVPN has exceptional speeds for browsing, torrenting, and gaming without delays when using your Lithuanian IP address. During my ExpressVPN tests, my speed was reduced by only 8%, which gave me an average download speed of 57 Mbps — way above the 25 Mbps required for UHD streaming. Besides, with its many servers in Lithuania, you won’t run into server congestion.
AES 256-bit encryption provides you with the best security. Added to that are high-end protocols (including the gold-standard OpenVPN and super-fast Lightway) keeping your data safe from hackers. There’s also an automatic kill switch to block internet access if the VPN connection drops accidentally (which can expose your real IP address).
You also get enhanced privacy, thanks to a strict no-logs policy. That means the VPN doesn’t store your private information, like your internet searches. ExpressVPN’s headquarters are in the British Virgin Islands — outside the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance (a group of intelligence-sharing countries known for online surveillance). These features make it difficult for anyone to access your private data.
Despite such high-level security measures and various advanced settings, navigating ExpressVPN apps is very straightforward. It took me less than 5 minutes to install, set up, and connect to a server in Lithuania.
On the downside, plans are expensive, with the cheapest subscription starting at $6.67/month. However, ExpressVPN offers frequent discounts and giveaways. I got 49% off and 3 months of service free. You can save even more when choosing the 12-month subscription.
Additionally, the VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. I tested the refund policy and found it trustworthy and easy to get my money back. After contacting customer support via 24/7 live chat and giving a reason for canceling, the money showed on my credit card 3 days later.
- Server speed and location: Great speeds on 11,690 servers in 100 countries, including Lithuania
- Security and privacy: AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and IP/DNS leak protection
- Simultaneous device connections: 7
- Works with: LRT Televizija, Šiaulių Televizija, Netflix (US & Lithuania), Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, routers, and more
CyberGhost's clean and intuitive user interface makes it a perfect choice for VPN beginners. Getting a unique Lithuanian IP address is easy — just expand the menu and select "All servers" to find a list organized alphabetically. Besides the 20+ servers in Lithuania, the VPN's network spans over 100 countries worldwide. There are even servers dedicated to specific functions, for example, streaming and torrenting.
Speeds are fast, too. I tested 5 servers in Vilnius and recorded an average speed of 46 Mbps. Since you only need 5 Mbps for streaming in HD, you won't have to wait for videos to load. Plus, like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost comes with unlimited bandwidth, so you can enjoy unrestricted file-sharing.
Among the sophisticated security features of the VPN are AES 256-bit encryption, multiple security protocols (including WireGuard and OpenVPN), and a kill switch. These provide you with high-end safety while using a Lithuania IP address. There’s also a no-logs policy in place, which means the VPN doesn’t keep data that can be used to track you. I conducted multiple leak tests on CyberGhost, and am happy to say it never revealed my actual IP address or DNS requests.
My only issue is that the VPN’s short-term plans are expensive and only give you a 14-day money-back guarantee. So, I recommend opting for a long-term subscription as you can get CyberGhost for just $2.19/month and 45 days to test the VPN during the guarantee period.
In the event that you are not completely satisfied, a hassle-free full refund can be requested. I terminated my subscription through the website's 24/7 live chat feature. The funds were refunded to my PayPal account in a span of 5 days.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Customizable Security Settings for Your Lithuania IP Address
- Server speed and location: 29,650 fast servers in 91 countries, including Lithuania
- Security and privacy: Strong encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy
- Simultaneous device connections: Unlimited
- Works with: LRT Televizija, Šiaulių Televizija, Netflix (US & Lithuania), Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, Chrome, Firefox, and more
You can customize PIA's security settings to suit your VPN purpose. For example, you can choose your level of encryption (128-bit or 256-bit) and preferred security protocol (OpenVPN and WireGuard) under the VPN's "Connection Preferences" settings. AES 128-bit with WireGuard gave me slightly faster speeds in my PIA tests — I played Cooking Fever on my Android phone without lag. However, I prefer the more secure 256-bit when online banking. There's also a kill switch and strict no-logs policy to give you an extra layer of protection.
Plenty of servers in Lithuania make getting a local IP address a breeze. I tested the VPN several times at different times of the day and didn’t encounter server overcrowding. There are also 29,650 servers worldwide to browse international content. However, you can’t torrent on US servers. Luckily, there are plenty of servers in Europe and no bandwidth restrictions, so you can download videos to your heart's content.
PIA may not be as user-friendly as CyberGhost because of its many customization options, but it is ready for immediate use with pre-set configurations. Additionally, their customer service is always available, guaranteeing help is at hand whenever required.
The most pocket-friendly plan is PIA’s long-term subscription, which goes for $2.03/month. You can also opt for the shorter 1-year or 1-month plans, but prices are slightly higher, and you don't get any additional features.
I tested the 30-day money-back guarantee. It's as simple as canceling using the 24/7 live chat on the website. I received a confirmation email, and my money was back in my bank account that same week.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Lithuania IP Address
I used the criteria below to shortlist the best VPNs for getting a Lithuanian IP. All my recommended VPNs can access Lithuania sites abroad without noticeable slowdowns. Plus, they keep you safe online. However, feel free to use the below as a checklist if you want to do your own tests:
- Local Lithuanian servers — A VPN must have servers in Lithuania to offer you a Lithuania IP address so that you can bypass geo-restrictions when outside the country.
- Strong security features — Choose a VPN with AES 256-bit encryption (the best), secure protocols, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy to protect your data from hackers and snoops.
- Fast speeds — This allows you to stream high-quality videos and torrent without delays.
- Ease-of-use — Your chosen VPN should be easy to install and navigate, even if you’re new to VPNs.
- Trustworthy money-back guarantee — You should be able to test the service risk-free and claim a refund if it doesn’t meet your expectations.
FAQs on Getting a Lithuania IP Address With a VPN
How can I test if my IP address has changed to Lithuania?
You can use an IP scanning tool to check if your IP address has changed. First, make sure to connect to a VPN server in Lithuania. Afterward, use a free IP checking website, like vpnMentor’s IP reading tool. If your location shows Lithuania, your IP address has successfully changed.
Can I use a free VPN to change my IP address to Lithuania?
Probably not, as free VPNs restrict server locations, so finding one with servers in Lithuania will be difficult. A better alternative is to use a premium VPN that offers a money-back guarantee and has many servers in Lithuania. Free VPNs also tend to limit other essential features (like speed and security), so you’re forced to upgrade to their paid plans.
Some free services use weak encryption that can't hide your IP address well. At worst, some even collect and sell your private data to marketers for targeted ads.
What other ways are there to get a Lithuania IP address?
A proxy or Smart DNS service might work, but they don't provide sufficient protection. While these options can change your IP address, your privacy could be at risk. A secure VPN with servers in Lithuania is a better option because you get robust online protection (including AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy) along with servers located in Lithuania.
Tor presents another option for obtaining a Lithuanian IP address. However, as it's a browser used for the dark web, I would advise against using it for online activities that require personal credentials, such as online banking.
Is it legal to use a VPN to get a Lithuania IP address?
Yes, VPNs are legal in most countries. You can access your Lithuania accounts overseas by opening the VPN and connecting to a server in Lithuania; this will give you a Lithuanian IP address.
Nonetheless, it's crucial to be aware that the utilization of a VPN is either limited or prohibited in some countries, such as Russia and China. Therefore, it's vital to familiarize yourself with the specific laws and regulations about VPN usage in the area you're traveling to, in order to avoid unintentionally violating any rules.
Get a Lithuania IP Address Today
A VPN is the easiest way to get a Lithuanian IP address. The VPNs on this list also offer fast speeds and robust privacy features so that you can quickly and securely access Lithuanian websites and apps from anywhere.
ExpressVPN is my top pick for unblocking content in Lithuania. Its reliable servers in the country are lightning-fast for a smooth internet experience. Plus, military-grade security features keep your data out of the wrong hands. You can even try ExpressVPN confidently because each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best VPNs to get a Lithuania IP address are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.