How to Install Real Debrid on Kodi in 2022 — Easy Setup Guide
- Quick Guide: How to Install Real Debrid on Kodi in 3 Easy Steps
- How Does Real Debrid Work?
- How to Set Up and Install Real Debrid on Kodi — The Ultimate Guide
- The Best VPNs for Real Debrid on Kodi
- ExpressVPN — Ensures Protection and Ultra-Fast Speeds When Using Real Debrid
- IPVanish — Protect Any Number of Devices That Use Real Debrid
- Private Internet Access — Optimize Your Security Settings for Real Debrid
- FAQs on Installing Real Debrid on Kodi
- Install Real Debrid on Kodi Now
Finding a low-resolution video on Kodi is all too common and frustrating. It gets even worse when you find that your link doesn’t work or keeps buffering, which means you have to continue searching for the right one.
The way to easily access the best streaming links on Kodi is by installing Real Debrid. It gives you access to additional file hosters and acts as an unrestricted downloader. Since there are more links to choose from, Real Debrid instantly finds the best one for you. This makes it much easier to enjoy high-resolution videos without any buffering.
But using Real Debrid on Kodi comes with privacy and security risks, so it's best to use it with a VPN. My favorite VPN for Real Debrid is ExpressVPN because of its fast speeds and world-class privacy features. It even comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN with Real Debrid completely risk-free. If it’s not for you, then you can request a refund within the guarantee period.
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it protects your private IP and other data while using Real Debrid and ensures fast speeds for streaming.
- Sign up and install Real Debrid. Go to the Real Debrid website and sign up for an account. Then, install it on your Kodi player.
- Enjoy streaming videos! Start watching HD quality videos that don’t lag!
How Does Real Debrid Work?
Real Debrid is a premium multihoster that gives you access to the best streaming sources on Kodi. When you use a video-add on to search for a streaming source, Real Debrid finds high-resolution sources that work. It's also an unrestricted downloader, which means it provides unlimited bandwidth to ensure faster downloads.
When I used it to find sources for Sita Sings the Blues, it provided me with either HD or 4k sources that worked smoothly. Without Real Debrid, most of the sources I got weren’t working. However, Real Debrid clearly states that they will record your IP address and streaming activity when you use their service, which is a serious privacy concern.
To protect your privacy, I strongly recommend you use a reliable VPN while using Real Debrid. It encrypts your traffic and hides your actual IP address, preventing Real Debrid from gathering your data.
How to Set Up and Install Real Debrid on Kodi — The Ultimate Guide
Installing Real Debrid on Kodi has 2 main parts: signing up and setting up. After you sign up, you need to install a video add-on like Exodus Redux, The Oath, or Asgard, if you haven’t already.
Just make sure your video add-on comes with either the URLResolver or ResolveURL, as they’re used to find links from different sources. When that’s done, you can move on to setting up and installing Real Debrid.
How to sign up for Real Debrid
- Create an account. Go to the Real Debrid website, click the “Sign Up” button, and fill out the sign-up form that pops up.
- Activate your account. When you receive a confirmation email from Real Debrid, open it and click the activation link. Then, sign in to your Real Debrid account.
- Choose a plan (optional). If you want to upgrade to a premium plan, then choose one of the pricing options listed. You can also pay by using Fidelity points.
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it encrypts your traffic and hides your real IP, which prevents Real Debrid from storing and sharing your online activity.
- Go to Manage Dependencies. Open your Kodi settings, select “System”, and change the button on the bottom left to “Advanced”. Then, select the “Add-ons” tab on the left and click on “Manage Dependencies”.
- Open the URL Resolver. Keep scrolling down until you find the URLResolver and open it. Then, click “Configure” on the bottom right.
- Configure the URL resolver. Select “Universal Resolvers” on the right and scroll down to the Real Debrid section. Then, change your priority to 90 and click the “(Re)Authorize My Account” tab.
- Authorize Real Debrid. Take note of the code that appears since you can't copy and paste it. Then, go to https://www.real-debrid.com/device and enter your code to link your Real Debrid account with Kodi. The code is only valid for 2 minutes, so you need to be quick.
- Make use of Real Debrid! Whenever you search for a video on your video add-on, you’ll notice the Real Debrid links, which are marked as “RD”.
Using a VPN for Real Debrid is essential from a privacy perspective. However, not all VPNs work with Real Debrid, such as Cyberghost and Hotspot Shield.
I’ve tested all the VPNs below with Real Debrid, so you can be assured that they work. All of them come with world-class security and privacy features and are backed by a trustworthy money-back guarantee. You can ask for a refund if you don’t like them.
- Lightning-fast speeds for streaming videos on Kodi
- Military-grade encryption, automatic kill-switch, and DNS leak protection keep you safe
- Strict no-logs policy to keep you anonymous when using Real Debrid
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works With: Real Debrid, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Kodi, and more
ExpressVPN hides your real IP address so that your ISP can’t throttle your bandwidth when using Real Debrid. During my speed tests, I connected to 5 of its US servers and consistently got an average download speed of 48.6 Mbps when streaming Sita Sings the Blues on a Real Debrid source. You can always be assured of a lag-free experience when streaming Real Debrid links on Kodi.
Its AES-256 bit encryption and automatic kill switch will keep your data secure while streaming shows on Kodi. That level of encryption is impossible to decipher, which makes your connection unreadable to third parties. And by enabling its kill switch, called “Network Lock”, you’ll stay protected if your VPN connection drops unexpectedly.
You’ll also remain anonymous while using Real Debrid, thanks to ExpressVPN’s strict no-logs policy. This feature ensures that your online behavior is never recorded anywhere, so no one can see what you’ve been streaming. It's also based in the British Virgin Islands, which has no data retention laws. If ExpressVPN were to be investigated, then there would be no user data to hand over.
A further benefit of ExpressVPN is its split tunneling feature. It lets you choose which apps go through your VPN server and which ones don’t. This is handy when you need to run some apps through a local network while staying protected on Real Debrid. When I used it, I could log into my online bank account while using a US server to watch Sita Sings the Blues.
The only downside with ExpressVPN is that it’s pretty expensive. But if you go to its website now, you can get 49% off your total subscription.
You can even test ExpressVPN out with Real Debrid totally risk-free, as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I wanted to test this policy myself, so I asked their 24/7 live chat team for a refund on day 30. After asking me 2 easy questions, the representative kindly went ahead with my request. My money was back in my bank account after 3 business days.
- Unlimited P2P connections mean no restrictions when using Real Debrid
- Military-grade encryption and advanced protocols keep you safe on Kodi
- Strict no-logs policy keeps you anonymous when using Real Debrid
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works With: Real Debrid, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, Kodi, and more
With IPVanish, you can connect an unlimited number of devices under 1 subscription. To test this feature, I used Real Debrid on my smartphone, MacBook Pro, Android tablet, and Windows laptop simultaneously. I could stream shows on all 4 devices without any lag, and there wasn’t any recognizable slowdown at all. It was no different from only having 1 device connected.
Its military-grade encryption and no-logs policy will keep you safe when using Real Debrid on Kodi. The military-grade encryption scrambles your data and makes it impossible to penetrate, while the no-logs policy prevents your online behavior from being recorded. There’s no way for Real Debrid to collect your data and keep tabs on you.
All of its servers are P2P optimized too, which means you won’t be faced with restrictions on Real Debrid. It’s pretty common for VPNs to place restrictions on bandwidth and server numbers, which can negatively impact your streaming experience. But with IPVanish, you can use its full server network and stream on unlimited bandwidth.
A minor inconvenience of IPVanish is that it doesn't accept cryptocurrency payments. However, you can pay by online gift card, credit card, or PayPal, so there’s plenty of other options. There’s even a sale right now where you can save 63% on your subscription.
You can also test it out for free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. All I had to do to get my money back was log into my account and click the “I wish to cancel my subscription” button on my dashboard. Safe to say I was fully refunded after 4 business days.
- Customizable security features that make it well suited for Kodi
- 29,650 servers in 84 countries, including optimized servers for P2P sharing
- Hides your IP address and streaming activity with its no-logs policy
- 10 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works With: Real Debrid, Kodi, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
Private Internet Access (PIA) lets you customize your security features for an enhanced Kodi experience. For example, you can choose between AES-128 and 256-bit encryption and from a number of advanced protocols. These include OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2. Therefore, you can get the right balance of security and speed for your streaming needs.
Its server network consists of 29,650+ servers across 84+ countries, which provide fast and reliable speeds. This is because PIA has implemented its Next Generation Network on Gen4 servers with 10GB network cards. To test its speeds, I connected to its US and UK servers while streaming Real Debrid and got an average download speed of 43.4 Mbps.
You’ll always be safe when using Real Debrid, thanks to its strict no-logs policy and automatic kill switch. The no-logs policy makes your online activity untraceable so that no one can see what you’ve been streaming on Kodi. Meanwhile, the kill switch acts as your last line of defense, as it cuts off your internet connection when there’s a misconfiguration.
I was initially concerned with PIA because it's based in the US, which is at the heart of the 5 Eyes Alliance. However, its no-logs policy proves its commitment to protecting user’s privacy. And right now, you can save 82% on your subscription.
It’s also possible to test its features for free, as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. When I asked for a refund, I just had to answer a couple of easy questions for them to proceed. After 4 business days, I was fully refunded.
FAQs on Installing Real Debrid on Kodi
Which Kodi add-ons can I use Real Debrid with?
Some Kodi add-ons that are compatible with Real Debrid include Exodus, The Oath, Cinema HD, The Crew, Venom, Seren, and Marauder. But regardless of the add-on you use, it’s strongly advised to use a top-tier VPN with Real Debrid because it collects your online activity while using the software. Generally speaking, Real Debrid can be used with most video add-ons on Kodi. However, the one exception is IPTV, so be careful there.
Which versions of Kodi can I install Real Debrid on?
You can install Real Debrid on Kodi versions 18 and up. But before you install Real Debrid on any version of Kodi, make sure you connect to a VPN server to stay protected from online surveillance and cyberattacks. The compatible versions include Kodi versions 18, 18.5, 18.8, 18.9 (Leia), and 19.1, as well as Kodi Firestick. Always make sure you download the latest version of Kodi from its website, too, as older versions can be less secure.
What should I do if Real Debrid on Kodi is not working?
If Real Debrid isn’t working on Kodi, then you can check your account status, see if your IP address is blocked, reset your cache, or reauthorize your account. If your IP address has been blocked, then it's always best to have a VPN handy because it’ll give you plenty of IP addresses to use. All of them are secure, too.
To reset the cache, go to your URLResolver/ResolveURL configuration on Kodi and select “Reset Function Cache.” For account reauthorization, select the “(Re)Authorize My Account” button on the URLResolver/ResolveURL configuration and follow the instructions. If you're using an add-on that comes with Real-Debrid and find that there aren't any Real Debrid links, then you need to enable Real Debrid under your settings.
Should I use Real Debrid with a VPN?
Yes, you should always use a dependable VPN when using Real Debrid. It’s well-known that Real Debrid records the activity of its users and will hand it over to authorities if prompted by legal investigation. A good VPN will keep you safe and anonymous so that there’s no way for unwanted third parties to see what you’re doing.
Also, keep in mind that only a few VPNs work with Real Debrid, such as ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and Private Internet Access. Most VPNs that don’t work with Real Debrid are free VPNs, which you should always avoid. This is because they present serious security and privacy risks.
Are there any Real Debrid alternatives?
Some Real Debrid alternatives to consider are Premiumize, AllDebrid, and LinkSnappy. Regardless of whether you choose to use Real Debrid or one of these alternatives, you’ll need to use a strong VPN like ExpressVPN to protect your data. All of these alternatives offer premium sources, support magnet links from torrents, and prevent buffering. But since they’re newer than Real Debrid, they’re not as trusted or reliable.
Can I use Real Debrid on multiple IP addresses?
You can use your Real Debrid account on any number of IP addresses. This also includes being able to use multiple devices simultaneously with the same IP address. But keep in mind that only 1 IP address can be used at a time, which means you can’t use Real Debrid from 2 different locations.
Is using Real Debrid legal?
Using Real Debrid is 100% legal, but it's what you stream that matters. To stay on the safe side, it’s best only to stream content that’s in the public domain and make use of a top-tier VPN. Even if you’re only streaming legal content, it’s always best to protect your anonymity online — especially when using software (like Kodi) that reveals your personal IP address and info to other users.
How can I delete my Real Debrid history?
You can delete your Real Debrid history by logging into your Real Debrid dashboard and deleting your downloads history activity. But keep in mind that Real Debrid records all of your download activity, even if it’s deleted, so you should always use a VPN to protect your privacy. To delete a section, click on the red cross on the top right-hand side of the menu of your downloads history.
Install Real Debrid on Kodi Now
With so many bad streaming sources on Kodi, finding one that’s good quality can be difficult and time-consuming. But using Real Debrid on Kodi lets you access better sources and links easily. It also acts as an unrestricted downloader and is compatible with most Kodi video add-ons, making it worthwhile for regular streamers.
But you should always use a reliable VPN with Real Debrid as its privacy practices are seriously concerning. It is known to record your activity and will share it with any official third party that asks for it. My favorite VPN is ExpressVPN because it hides your IP address and stops your activity from being recorded. It’s also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so that you can try ExpressVPN's security features without any risk. If you don’t like it, you can claim a full refund within the time period.
To summarize, the best VPNs for using Real Debrid on Kodi are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.