How to REALLY Hide Your IP Address with a VPN – 2021
While visiting a website, I was shocked to find that it had been tracking my IP address — despite my VPN. The site even had my location and Internet Service Provider posted at the end of the page! I decided to find a way to improve my security.
A quality VPN will hide your information using advanced encryptions. By masking your IP address, the sites you visit will no longer be able to access personal information such as your region and ISP.
After testing 30+ VPNs I found one that will allow you to easily hide your IP address. My favourite was ExpressVPN because of its global network of secure servers. I also appreciated that you get a 30-day money-back guarantee to test out the service Risk-free!
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as it constantly refreshes thousands of IP addresses to ensure you stay secure.
- Connect to a server. You will appear to be in whatever country the server is in.
- Start Hiding Your IP Address! Visit sites while hiding your real location!
Why You Need a VPN to Hide Your IP Address
Typically when you visit a site your service provider and the site itself gather information from you. This can be used in a variety of ways from targeted ads, to slowing your speeds, to blocking content.
A VPN masks your IP address letting you avoid this. By hiding your activity, your ISP won’t throttle your speeds while streaming or gaming. You can also appear to be in any country where the VPN has servers so you’ll be able to access that country’s streaming services (such as Netflix).
With a VPN, you can easily hide your IP address and gain all the benefits of browsing with your location and activity hidden.
- Ultra-fast speeds to watch, browse, and game without interruptions
- 3,000 servers worldwide to easily avoid geoblocking
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi-enabled device
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN has super-fast servers so you can browse without delays. I tested 15 servers and found I was getting speedy responses to whatever I tried, with download speeds over 55 Mbps. With this, you can stream in HD, game, or simply browse without interruptions all while your IP address is hidden.
You’ll keep your information hidden with ExpressVPN, even from your ISP. During my tests on servers from Canada to Hong Kong, I was pleased to find that I could hide my location in each of these regions without issue. Its Lightway VPN protocol even secures you if your WiFi drops or you switch between servers, so you can rest assured you’ll always be protected!
MediaStreamer lets you use VPN features on almost any device so you can get these speeds. In just five minutes, I was able to connect my PlayStation and start watching Netflix in full HD. Whatever your preferred device, this feature will let you connect it quickly and easily.
ExpressVPN lets you take 49% off the price with its current discount.
As well as this, ExpressVPN allows you to test out the service for risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. In order to see how straightforward this would be, I got in touch with a customer service representative 27 days into my trial. Just 3 days later my refund was back in my bank account.
How To Set Up a VPN to Hide Your IP Address
- Choose a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its secure servers with constantly refreshed IP addresses that give you access to more than 90 different countries.
- Sign up for the service. Create an account using the details you want linking to your subscription. Remember to check for any current discounts!
- Download your chosen VPN. Install it on whatever device you wish to secure your information on. A selection of apps or browser extensions will be available depending on the type of device you use.
- Sign in to your new VPN. Use the details you entered when you signed up on the VPN site.
- Connect your VPN to a server. Open your VPN app and choose a server in whichever country you would like to appear in.
- Browse, stream, and game anonymously! Do what you need to with your IP address and location hidden from everyone.
FAQs on Hiding Your IP Address
? Which devices can I hide my IP address on?
Practically all WiFi-compatible devices can hide your IP address by connecting to a good VPN service. The VPNs tested above will all allow you to hide your IP address on Windows, Mac, Linux, Smart TVs, mobile devices, and more.
These services even allow you to connect multiple devices to your VPN account at the same time, so you can browse securely while working on several different tasks at once.
? Can I hide my IP address to watch US shows?
You can! In fact, you’ll be able to watch titles that are available in any other country by using a VPN. When you connect to a VPN server in another country, your location is hidden (even from your ISP). Then, when you connect to a streaming site such as Netflix, it will think you are in the same country as the VPN server and allow you to watch that region’s titles.
Connecting to a VPN takes just a few steps and will give you access to any other country’s shows and movies, on top of the security benefits.
Start Hiding Your IP Address Now!
If you want to hide your IP Address a VPN is the best way. By connecting to a VPN server your IP address is masked so neither the site itself or your ISP will be able to see your activity!
I recommend ExpressVPN with its worldwide network of secure and lightning-fast servers. This will allow you to hide your location and activity to maintain unthrottled speeds while streaming or gaming, or access geoblocked content. With its money-back guarantee, you can also try ExpressVPN risk-free (it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee) so you can try it out before you commit to a long-term subscription.
To summarize, the best VPNs for hiding your IP address in May 2021 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.