5 Best VPNs For Minecraft – Play At School With This Easy Hack
One of the many benefits of mobile devices is that you can access your online Minecraft games from your phone, tablet, or laptop anywhere, whether you are riding the bus, stuck at the office, or taking a break in the college library.
However, getting access to Minecraft is not always as straightforward as it should be. Many schools and offices block the game because it may be a distraction during your work day. And public wi-fi connections are far from secure.
In addition, some governments censor video game content. Luckily, there is a way to bypass blocks and secure your internet connection, so you can continue to protect your world from zombie pig men wherever you are.
All you need is a high-quality VPN to go with your diamond sword. Using one is simple and cheap, and getting set up takes only a few minutes.
Quick Guide: How to Unblock Minecraft with a VPN
- Choose a reliable VPN and install the app. We especially recommend NordVPN for online gaming.
- Choose a server and connect. See below for some pro tips on selecting the best server for you.
- Open Minecraft on your device.
- Connect with friends and enjoy mining!
Why You Need a VPN and How to Choose the Right One
Many workplaces and educational institutions block access to websites that they deem inappropriate or distracting; gaming sites are among the ones most often blocked.
Of course, you can play Minecraft offline, but where is the fun it that? You miss out on multi-player games, challenges, and the fun of seeing your friends chanced by skeletons.
One option is finding the nearest wi-fi hotspot to get around the blocks. However, using public wi-fi can put your personal information at risk. Cybercriminals often use security weaknesses of wi-fi networks to harvest data and hijack devices.
If you have an unsecured connection, you are also at risk of malware, DoS attacks, and surveillance. These risks are especially high when you’re gaming online, because your connection is exposed to other players.
By securely connecting you to a server in a different location, a VPN helps you reach restricted websites without being seen or tracked. You’ll easily bypass any blocks put on Minecraft by your school, employer, or government.
A VPN also protects you by creating a secure, encrypted tunnel for your data. This means no one else can see what you’re doing, so your game, your identity, your conversations, and any other information on your device are all safe and secure.
The best VPNs allow you to either choose a server location or automatically connect to the fastest available server close to you. A nearby server is perfect if you play with friends within your area, as it will give you the fastest possible connection.
If your government restricts video game access, look for a server in a nearby country without censorship. And if your favorite teammates live in another region, choosing a server near their location can optimize game performance.
For reliable unblocking of Minecraft and smooth game play, you need a VPN that has at least the following features:
- Strong encryption to secure your connection
- A range of tunneling protocols to bypass any blocks on the game
- A large network of servers to ensure a good connection
- Excellent speeds for gameplay without lagging
- Unlimited bandwidth and data so you don’t drop out halfway through a game
- A no-logging policy to help keep your personal data secure and protect your anonymity
- Excellent customer service, just in case you need assistance
The Best VPNs for Unblocking Minecraft at School
Here are our top three VPNs to unlock the online features of Minecraft. We test all the VPNs we recommend for performance, which we’ll admit was pretty fun in this case.
NordVPN operates out of Panama, which puts your data beyond the reach of the 14-Eyes countries. That means greater privacy protection and true online anonymity.
NordVPN’s unsurpassed security features, ability to hide your VPN connection, and impressive server network are just some of the reasons why its many happy users have made it our top-ranked VPN overall.
This versatile VPN is a top choice for not only gaming, but also streaming geo-restricted content like Netflix, torrenting, and general privacy protection.
- Over 5,000 servers across 62 countries, all secured with 2048-bit AES encryption
- Great speeds, unlimited downloads, and no bandwidth restrictions
- OpenVPN, IKEv2, and PPTP tunneling protocols
- Double encryption, Onion over VPN, and kill switch options
- Strict no-logging policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands, outside the authority of the Five-Eyes countries. It is both our speed test champion and one of the most secure VPNs on the market, making it an ideal choice for Minecraft.
ExpressVPN’s advocacy for privacy and internet freedom, user-friendly apps for almost every imaginable device, excellent features, and proven ability to hide your VPN traffic are key reasons why it receives so many positive reviews.
- 2,000 servers across 94 countries, secured with 256-bit AES encryption
- Fastest connection speeds available
- Unlimited bandwidth and downloads
- OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and many more tunneling protocols
- DNS/IPv6 leak protection, kill switch, and split tunneling options
- 24/7 customer services
- Strict no-logging policy
- Free trial on mobile devices; 30-day money-back guarantee for all users
CyberGhost has combined complete dedication to your privacy with precise German engineering to create an innovative, all-purpose VPN that’s great for gaming.
With CyberGhost, you’ll benefit from a reliable service that offers great security without sacrificing high speeds. Loyal users also highlight its growing server network and intuitive, visual interface that appeals to both VPN beginners and advanced users.
- Over 3,000 servers across 59 countries, secured with 256-bit AES encryption
- Stable, quick connections
- Unlimited traffic and bandwidth
- OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec tunneling protocols
- DNS leak protection, no-logging policy, and kill switch
- 7-day free trial on iOS and Android, 1-day free trial on Windows, and 45-day money-back guarantee on all plans of 6 months or more
Minecraft and Free VPNs
You might be tempted to try a free VPN in order to play Minecraft, but they are not recommended. Free VPNs are blocked more aggressively than their paid versions, especially as IPs crack down on VPN use. That’s not the only reason why a free VPN for Minecraft is not a great idea.
Free VPNs employ fewer servers than paid options, all of which have higher user traffic. You are more likely to experience a lag if you can even access the game.
If you are determined to try a free VPN for Minecraft, you can see our recommendations for the best free VPNs.
With a reliable VPN by your side, you can easily get past any block on Minecraft. So go ahead, head down into the mines and start collecting ore blocks, no matter where you are!
And giving you access to Minecraft at school or at work is just the beginning of what a VPN does for you. To learn more about all the benefits of using a highly rated VPN, check out our complete beginner’s guide to VPNs.
Here at vpnMentor, we have our own brand of mining – probing the depths of the internet to find the best possible deals on premium VPNs. You’ll be amazed just how cheap the highest level of protection for your data and devices can be!