How to Watch Australia From Anywhere in 2023
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Australia From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch Australia From Anywhere in 2023
- ExpressVPN — Impressive Speed to Watch Australia Without Buffering
- IPVanish — Unlimited Simultaneous Device Connections to Watch on Your Favorite Devices
- CyberGhost — Easily Unblocks Platforms to Watch Australia From Anywhere
- Where Can I Watch Australia Online?
- How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime to Watch Australia
- FAQs on Watching Australia With a VPN
- Start Watching Australia Now
As a huge fan of Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, I was super excited to find them both starring in the movie Australia. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it in my country. But after a lot of trial and error, I found a way to watch Australia on Amazon Prime Video US, regardless of my location.
The key to watching Australia from anywhere is to use a VPN. It’s an application that hides your online location so that streaming platforms can’t tell where you’re situated geographically. This gives you instant access to Amazon Prime Videos’ entire library from anywhere.
Since then, I’ve been searching for the top-performing VPNs. After testing 30+ VPNs, I’d recommend ExpressVPN as the best as it gave me impressive speeds and HD quality while streaming. You can test ExpressVPN out for yourself and if you’re not satisfied, you have up to 30 days to claim a refund.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Australia From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN as its servers unblock Amazon Prime Video effortlessly. Plus, you can try it risk-free with its money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in the US. I connected to a US server where Australia is available.
- Start watching Australia! Log on to your Amazon Prime Video account and get watching!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Australia
Australia is available on Amazon Prime Video, but only on its US library. If you’re located outside the US, it will block your traffic and prevent you from watching. This is because streaming platforms like Amazon Prime Video have to abide by broadcasting regulations. It puts geoblocks in place to ensure only people within its licensed countries can access specific movies and shows.
When you use a VPN the app changes your online location and makes it look like you’re in the country you want to stream from.
By connecting to a server in the US, you’ll bypass these geo-restrictions and access Amazon Prime Video’s US library, where you can watch Australia!
Tested February 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Ultra-fast speeds for zero interruptions
- 3,000 servers to unblock Amazon Prime Video from anywhere
- MediaStreamer so you can connect from any WiFi-enabled device
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Video Prime, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN streams at incredible speeds, so you can watch Australia without lag. During testing, I got an average of 48 Mbps. Since you only need 5 Mbps to stream in HD, these speeds will be more than enough to watch Australia in excellent quality and without any interruptions.
It also has a large range of servers that allows you to access the US library of Amazon Video Prime at the click of a button. I tested 25 of its servers, and I can report that they are all reliable and fast. You’ll be able to connect to the US and watch Australia without any problems.
The MediaStreamer feature connects your VPN to any WiFi-enabled device. I tried setting it up on my smart TV, which was very quick and easy to do. Within a few minutes, Australia was playing on the big screen, and there was absolutely zero lag. This means you can watch Australia on devices that don’t usually support VPNs with ease.
I was disappointed at first to see that ExpressVPN is a bit on the pricey side, but when you take its discount offer of 49% off, it seriously reduces the price.
You can test it out risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. I reached out to customer support to test this out. After 5 minutes on the live chat, my refund was confirmed. I checked my bank account a few days later, and the money was returned in full.
- Lightning-fast speeds for uninterrupted HD streaming
- 2,000 servers to connect to the US without difficulty.
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Video Prime, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
IPVanish VPN lets you connect unlimited devices under one subscription. I tested this by gathering up all the tech in my house, including 3 old phones and my current iPhone, 2 laptops and my PC, and hooking it up to my router. I didn’t experience any connectivity issues and Australia played on all of them without lag. You’ll have no trouble using IPVanish on multiple devices at the same time.
It has an extensive range of servers, so you can connect to the US and watch Australia at the click of a button. I tested over 20 of them worldwide and 10 in the US specifically. My connection was instant every single time, and all the servers I tried worked flawlessly. This means you’ll never have any issues unblocking Amazon Prime Video.
One minor con I found is that I couldn’t pay using cryptocurrency, which is my new preferred method. It wasn’t the end of the world though as it was easy to pay using PayPal.
This VPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try all the features before committing to a subscription. I wanted to test how reliable this claim was and contacted customer service via live chat. The rep was very friendly but didn’t pressure me into staying. After explaining that I simply didn’t want a subscription anymore, he started the refund process. The money was back in my bank account 3 days later.
- Impressive speeds to watch Australia without buffering
- 9,753 servers to instantly connect to the US
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Video Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, and more
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, and more
CyberGhost has a huge network of 9,753 servers across the globe, so you can unblock APV and watch Australia in less than a minute. I tested this feature by connecting to 20 of CyberGhost’s US servers. Each one worked quickly and I was pleased to find that there weren’t any interruptions. You’ll be able to watch Australia in no time.
It was easy to set up on my devices. Once I’d signed up for my subscription I simply followed the on-screen instructions and had it set up on my iPhone and Mac, and I even ran it on my router so I could set it up on my Playstation 5. You’ll have no trouble watching Australia however you prefer.
I only found one small disadvantage to CyberGhost. To give full review, I called a member of my team in China and asked them if it unblocked the so-called Great Wall. He reported back that it couldn’t unblock content there. But since I only wanted to use it to watch Australia on APV it wasn’t a big deal, and I’d still highly recommend it.
Not only can you take CyberGhost’s great 84% discount, you can benefit from a 45-day money-back guarantee in case you change your mind. I tried it out by asking for my money back via live chat. The support agent was very friendly and confirmed my refund within minutes. I received my money back after 5 working days.
Where Can I Watch Australia Online?
Amazon Prime Video
Australia is available to watch on Amazon Prime Video US. You can get a 7-day free trial if you’re a new customer.
For those subscribed to an Amazon Prime account (for next-day delivery on Amazon purchases), you already have access to Prime Video. You can therefore watch Australia on there at no additional costs.
Since the film is only available on Amazon Prime Video's US library, you’ll need a VPN to watch the movie from another country.
If you don’t want a subscription-based plan, you can also rent the film as a one-off on Vudu. It’s a streaming platform that allows you to pay as you go, renting or buying movies and shows. If you only watch film and TV occasionally, Vudu is a good option. Otherwise, you might want to look into Amazon Prime Video as you’ll have a wide selection of movies and shows to watch for one fixed fee every month.
Vudu is for US residents only, so you’ll need a VPN to watch Australia if you’re based elsewhere.
In Canada, the film Australia is available on Disney +. If you already have a Disney + account, you can connect to a Canada server using a VPN, and watch the film.
You can watch Australia on Foxtel with their “Movies HD” bundle. It also has a Foxtel GO app that allows you to watch Foxtel on your mobile and tablet.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime to Watch Australia
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for the best speed and quality while watching Australia.
- Sign up on the Amazon Prime Video website. Don’t turn on your VPN yet. Head to the Amazon Prime Video website and click “sign-in” on the right-hand side. Either log in to your current Amazon account or create a brand new one.
- Enter your payment details. Now that you’re signed in, click on “start your free trial” and enter your payment details.
- Set your location to the US. Turn on your VPN and choose a server in the US.
- Log into your Amazon Prime Video account. Login and search for Australia.
- Start Watching Australia! You’re now ready to watch!
FAQs on Watching Australia With a VPN
Can I watch Australia for free online?
Yes, if you don’t have an existing Amazon Prime Video account. Make the most of its 7-day free trial and watch Australia at zero cost. After the week-long trial, you will be charged if you choose to keep it, but you can cancel whenever you like.
You can combine this with the money-back-guarantee of one of the top VPNs to watch it for free for a limited amount of time.
Is Australia available on Netflix?
I’m afraid not. But you can watch Australia on Amazon Prime Video. It’s only available on the US version of Amazon Prime Video, so you’ll need a quality VPN such as the ones on this list if you’re based elsewhere.
You can also rent the film Australia on Vudu. It’s a great option if you don’t want to pay for a streaming service each month. Vudu is also a US-only streaming platform.
Is it possible to watch Australia in the UK, Canada, or abroad?
Yes, you can! Australia is available on quite a few streaming platforms. You can watch Australia on Amazon Prime Video in the US, or watch it on Disney + in Canada.
For those based in Australia, Foxtel has the film, but a subscription works out quite expensive.
If you’re located elsewhere, you can use one of the recommended VPNs to hide your location and watch Australia.
Start Watching Australia Now
To watch Australia from any location, you need a VPN that can unblock geo-restricted content. A VPN hides your IP address and gives you access to Amazon Prime US so you can watch the film.
My favorite is ExpressVPN. It will unblock Amazon Prime Video US without difficulty and give you the best streaming experience when watching Australia. ExpressVPN is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can buy in confidence.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching Australia are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.