How to Watch SonyLIV in USA, UK & India Safely in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Watch SonyLIV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Securely Watch SonyLIV Online in 2024
- ExpressVPN — The Fastest VPN to Watch SonyLIV Without Buffering
- CyberGhost — Easy-to-use VPN for Watching SonyLIV, Suitable Even for Beginners
- Private Internet Access (PIA) — Unlimited Simultaneous Connections to Watch SonyLIV on All Your Devices
- Where Can I Watch SonyLIV Online?
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Watching SonyLIV
- How to Sign Up for SonyLIV to Watch Premium Shows
- FAQs on Watching SonyLIV With a VPN
- Watch SonyLIV in Minutes
SonyLIV is available only in certain countries due to licensing and distribution agreements. These include India, the UK, Canada, Australia, and more. If you’re in the USA, you can add the SonyLIV channel to your Sling TV subscription. SonyLIV uses your IP address to determine your location, so can’t watch it outside of its licensed regions.
In theory, you could use a VPN to hypothetically stream SonyLIV from anywhere. However, please keep in mind that this action violates the T&Cs of the streaming service and may amount to copyright infringement.
If you are in a country where SonyLIV is available and just want to avoid ISP throttling while streaming, I recommend ExpressVPN. It has consistently fast speeds and allows for watching in HD. Additionally, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out without any risk.
Quick Guide: How to Watch SonyLIV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. My top choice is ExpressVPN because it offers stable Indian IP servers and fast speed for smooth SonyLIV streaming. Plus, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days.
- Connect to a nearby server in your country. You can only watch SonyLIV from certain countries. If you’re in one of those countries (UK, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, and more), you just need to connect to a nearby server in the country you’re in to avoid breaking any laws and to get the best speeds possible.
- Start watching SonyLIV. Just log in to your account on the SonyLIV website or sign up if you haven’t already, and you're ready to securely stream your favorite shows.
Best VPNs to Securely Watch SonyLIV Online in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Lightway protocol for better performance and security
|3,000 servers in 105 countries, including virtual Indian IP servers via UK and Singapore, 5 server locations in the UK and 24 in the US
|Also works with
|Voot, Hotstar, Jadoo TV, Netflix India, BBC iPlayer, (HBO) Max, Showtime, DAZN, Hulu, Sling TV, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Disney+, and more
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Android TV, routers, and more
ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN we tested. With its Lightway protocol, our testers in India had great speeds for streaming SonyLIV from within the country. By using fewer resources, it works faster than traditional protocols. Our team tested the India via UK and via Singapore servers for speeds from different locations in India, and the average speed was 105Mbps (only a 6% drop). This means that you can watch shows like India’s Got Talent without interruptions.
ExpressVPN’s user-friendly design makes it a perfect VPN for beginners. Finding and connecting to a server for India takes only a few seconds, as everything is clearly labeled. Also, I find the Shortcuts menu option very useful. You can add SonyLIV to it and start streaming safely with just a click. This way, you can protect your streaming connection without diving into the app’s settings or searching the web every time.
I really like ExpressVPN’s split tunneling feature. It lets you split your traffic i.e., you can choose what sites you want to use the VPN connection and what sites to use your regular unencrypted connection. This frees up some bandwidth, so you can get even better speeds for streaming SonyLIV in India (or another licensed region, depending on where you are).
All of the subscription plans come with a money-back guarantee. This means you can try ExpressVPN for 30 days risk-free since you can easily get a refund if you find that it doesn’t suit your needs. I discovered that currently, ExpressVPN doesn’t accept payments through Amazon Pay and Google Pay directly from the website. However, it accepts a bunch of other payment options, so it wasn’t a big deal for me.
- Browser extensions. This allows you to watch SonyLIV directly in a web browser. The extension lets you connect to an Indian IP server without having to launch the VPN app.
- Setup guides. ExpressVPN offers step-by-step tutorials that help you install it on all your devices and start watching SonyLIV in minutes.
- 8 simultaneous connections. You can use ExpressVPN to stream on multiple devices at the same time and protect most of your gadgets at home.
- Easy connect. In the General Options menu, you can enable a feature that tells ExpressVPN to connect to the last used server location upon launch. This makes it easy to continue safely streaming where you left off.
|Well-designed apps with explanations for each setting
|11,683 servers in 100 countries, including a virtual server for India, Mumbai, 3 server locations in the UK and 11 in the US
|Also works with
|Voot, Hotstar, Netflix India, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more
|Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
CyberGhost is a breeze to set up and start using, which makes it a really good choice for beginners. Setting it up took me only a few minutes, and its Smart rules feature allowed me to customize it for my needs. Our team in India set CyberGhost to connect automatically to an Indian IP server on startup during testing. This means you don’t have to search for it manually every time.
With CyberGhost, you can connect up to 7 devices simultaneously, which is great if you live in a bigger household. This lets you stream SonyLIV while everyone else does their own thing on their own devices — all of you will be protected by the VPN at the same time.
CyberGhost generally offers fast speeds, although it’s a bit slower than ExpressVPN, especially on long-distance servers. Our team of testers in India connected to the only Indian server location it offers and got an average speed of 60.72Mbps (a 38% drop), which was enough for streaming in HD (minimum requirement is 5Mbps).
One drawback is that the monthly plan offers a shorter refund period (14 days) than other VPNs on my list. However, if you decide to subscribe to its longer plans, CyberGhost gives you 45 days to try it out for free. This way, you can decide if it’s the right option for you without financial risk.
- WiFi protection. This option ensures that the VPN automatically connects when a public or any unsecured network is detected. It means you don’t need to worry about remembering to switch it on when you want to watch SonyLIV on public WiFi.
- Streaming-optimized servers. The servers are constantly tested to ensure that they work with the specific streaming platforms they’re dedicated to. Currently, it doesn’t offer one for SonyLIV, but it offers Indian streaming-optimized servers for Netflix IN and Disney+ Hotstar.
- 24/7 live chat. If you run into any problems while using the VPN, you can reach out to customer support anytime.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) — Unlimited Simultaneous Connections to Watch SonyLIV on All Your Devices
|You can protect as many devices as you want with just one subscription
|29,650 servers in 91 countries, including a virtual Indian IP server via Singapore, 3 server locations in the UK and 53 in the US
|Also works with
|Voot, Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix India, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and more
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV, some routers, and more
PIA offers unlimited simultaneous connections per account, so you and your whole household in India (or another SonyLIV-licensed country) can stream different content on the platform at the same time. I like that you don't have to disconnect any of your already connected devices since it saves a lot of time. During testing, our team in India connected a laptop, an iOS, and an Android phone and didn't experience any difference in performance compared to when only one device was connected.
You can customize the settings to optimize PIA for streaming. For example, you can get better streaming quality by using small MTU packets with the WireGuard protocol. This way, your data is sent in smaller blocks, which reduces the chances of lag and buffering.
The VPN’s speed was good to stream in HD but was also slower than the other VPNs on the list. Our team in India reported a 71% drop while using PIA’s India via Singapore server IP, which is quite a lot. However, our team in the UK had only a 5% drop on local UK servers. So probably the big drop on its India via Singapore server was due to the fact that it’s not physically located in India.
All PIA plans also come with a 30 -day money-back guarantee, so you can try it without risk. I tested the money-back guarantee and got my money back within 6 business days.
- Troubleshooting guides. PIA offers detailed guides to help you out with anything needed. If you prefer to talk to an agent instead, you can always reach out to its 24/7 live chat support. I experienced a bit of a waiting time when I contacted them to find out if they offered dedicated IPs. However, once I was connected, the agent was very helpful and answered all my questions.
- Quick Connect. This is a handy widget on PIA’s app that shows the last 6 server locations you’ve used, meaning you don’t have to search through the server list to find the last server that you used for streaming.
- Unlimited bandwidth. There are no restrictions on your data usage, so you can watch SonyLIV in India (or other licensed countries) without limits.
Where Can I Watch SonyLIV Online?
SonyLIV is available in India and other countries in Europe, Asia, and Oceania. These include the UK, Canada, Australia, Pakistan, UAE, Qatar, Bangladesh, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Portugal, Norway, and more.
If you want to watch SonyLIV in the USA, you can add the channel to your Sling TV subscription.
Keep in mind that if you try to use your SonyLIV account from a country where the platform isn’t available, you’ll see this error message:
We miss you too!
Look like we are not here yet.
Sorry, our services are not available in this country. But we'll be waiting for you with all your favorites back home. See you soon.
In US Sony LIV is available on www.Sling.com/Sonyliv
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Watching SonyLIV
When hunting for the best VPNs to watch SonyLIV, the team and I closely followed a set of criteria that ensured the optimal streaming experience.
- Virtual servers for India. To safely watch SonyLIV, your chosen VPN needs to offer Indian IP servers. Due to the privacy laws in India, most VPNs have opted for virtual IP servers via different locations that still give you an Indian IP.
- Servers in other licensed countries. SonyLIV is also available in multiple countries across three continents, Asia, Europe, and Oceania/Australia. So if you’re in one of these countries, you can protect your streaming connection with a VPN by connecting to a server in your country.
- Fast speeds. Nobody wants to watch a show with buffering every few minutes. Look for VPNs that offer unlimited bandwidth and fast protocols, like ExpressVPN’s Lightway or WireGuard.
- Diverse device compatibility. Your VPN should be compatible with all the devices you want to use it with. Router support is also an advantage — installing a VPN on your router means that all the devices on your WiFi network will be protected.
- Ease of use. The VPN interface should be intuitive, even for first-time users. Look for VPNs that offer native apps for major operating systems and that are compatible with your devices.
- Excellent customer support. If you encounter any issues, having responsive customer support is important. Look for the VPNs that offer 24/7 customer support to ensure you get help exactly when you need it.
- Reliable money-back guarantee. This lets you test the VPN's features without a financial commitment. Look for VPNs that give you an option to try out their services risk-free.
How to Sign Up for SonyLIV to Watch Premium Shows
SonyLIV offers a lot of free content, but its best shows are only available in the ad-free premium plan. You can easily subscribe to the premium plan (or sign in) with a phone number, an email, or through Facebook, Google, or your TV set. The guide below shows you how to subscribe with a phone number, but the other options are also as straightforward as this one.
- Go to the SonyLIV website. Open the SonyLIV site in your browser and click on Subscribe.
- Choose the plan and proceed to payment. If you have a coupon or a gift card, you can also use it here by clicking on the Select a promo code button.
- Click on the Pay button. Use your phone number to finish the registration.
- Submit the OTP and start streaming. You’ll get an OTP through a message on your phone when you try to sign in with your new account. Enter the code and click Submit.
FAQs on Watching SonyLIV With a VPN
Can I watch SonyLIV in the USA, the UK, Canada, or Australia?
Yes, you can watch SonyLIV in all of these countries. SonyLIV is available in the UK, Canada, Australia, and a lot of other regions. If you’re in the US, you can get it via Sling TV.
Is SonyLIV free to watch?
SonyLIV offers both free and premium content. While a good portion of its library is available for free, some shows, movies, or live sports broadcasts may require a subscription. So, you might need to sign up for a premium SonyLIV account to watch exclusive content.
Can I watch SonyLIV on Roku, Fire Stick, and other streaming devices?
You can watch SonyLIV on Fire Stick, but not on Roku, as it’s not available in its channel list. SonyLIV has dedicated apps for various streaming devices, including Amazon Fire TV Stick.
If you’re using a VPN to protect your connection while streaming SonyLIV from a licensed region, you have to make sure that the devices you want to watch on also support VPNs. To use the VPN on streaming devices that don’t support VPN apps, like gaming consoles, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router. The VPNs I recommended above are compatible with Fire Stick and routers.
Is it possible to use a free VPN to watch SonyLIV?
While you might be able to use a free VPN to watch SonyLIV (provided you’re in a licensed region), I wouldn't recommend it. Free VPNs often have limited server options and slower speeds and might not even offer servers in your country. On the other hand, premium VPNs are safer and more reliable, and you can even try them risk-free with their money-back guarantees.
Watch SonyLIV in Minutes
SonyLIV is available in India and multiple other countries across Europe, Asia, and Oceania, including the UK, Canada, Australia, Pakistan, and many more. You can also watch SonyLIV in the USA through Sling TV. Although a VPN can hypothetically let you watch it from unlicensed regions, note that such action goes against SonyLIV’s T&Cs and could even constitute copyright infringement. Please use a VPN responsibly.
If you’re in a region that’s licensed to distribute SonyLIV’s content and just want to use a VPN to protect your connection and avoid ISP throttling, I recommend ExpressVPN. It offers fast speeds, so you can watch your favorite content securely without sacrificing the quality. Plus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free. If you're not completely satisfied, you can get a full refund.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs for watching SonyLIV in HD
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.