Best Nvidia GeForce NOW VPN — Works in All Countries 2024
- Best VPNs For GeForce NOW — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
- ExpressVPN — Impressive Speeds for Cloud Gaming On GeForce NOW Without Interruptions
- CyberGhost — Optimized Gaming Servers for Low Ping on Nvidia GeForce NOW
- Private Internet Access — Customizable Encryption to Tailor Your Gaming Experience With GeForce NOW
- NordVPN — Create Private LAN Parties with NordVPN’s Meshnet Feature
- Surfshark — Unlimited Simultaneous Connections To Use GeForce NOW on All Your Devices
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPNs For GeForce NOW
- Quick Guide: How to Use a VPN with Nvidia GeForce NOW in 3 Easy Steps
- How to Improve Your GeForce NOW VPN Connection
- FAQs on Best Nvidia GeForce NOW VPN
- Get the Best VPNs For GeForce NOW Today
Nvidia GeForce NOW revolutionizes gaming, letting you play thousands of games without worrying about downloading massive files or system requirements like expensive graphics cards. However, geo-blocks and ISP throttling can quickly ruin your GeForce NOW gaming experience.
A reliable VPN bypasses these issues, no matter where you are. I tested over 30 VPNs and found the best ones for Nvidia GeForce NOW. My recommended VPNs bypass geo-restrictions and help you access your entire library of games. Plus, these services offer a global server network and fast speeds to bypass bandwidth throttling and make cloud gaming seamless.
Whether you're a casual gamer or a dedicated esports competitor, I've got you covered. My top choice for Nvidia GeForce NOW is ExpressVPN. With a vast server network and impressive speeds, this service helps you play your favorite games from anywhere without lag. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free as it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, getting a refund is easy if you’re unsatisfied with the service.
Short on Time? Here Are the Best Nvidia GeForce NOW VPNs in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Best overall Nvidia GeForce NOW VPN with impressive speeds for gaming online and plenty of servers in countries where GeForce NOW is available. You can try it risk-free (it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee).
- CyberGhost — Gaming-optimized servers that are designed to give you low ping for lag-free gameplay, but its monthly plan offers a shortened money-back guarantee.
- Private Internet Access — Customizable encryption that lets you tailor the VPN for cloud gaming, but its complex settings can be confusing for VPN beginners.
- NordVPN — Allows you to easily host private LAN parties between your friends, but it can be a bit slow to connect to long-distance servers.
- Surfshark — Unlimited simultaneous connections to play games on all your devices, but its server network isn’t as big as the other VPNs.
Best VPNs For GeForce NOW — Full Analysis (Updated in 2024)
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Impressive speeds for lag-free cloud gaming
|3,000 servers in 105 countries to reliably unblock GeForce NOW
|Military-grade encryption and kill switch for dependable security
|93.8Mbps download (4% drop), 26ms average ping
ExpressVPN was the fastest VPN for cloud gaming I tested, thanks to its high-speed Lightway protocol. While testing ExpressVPN for gaming, I got just 26ms ping on the Los Angeles server. Plus, my average download speed was 93.8Mbps on the US servers, only a 4.3% decrease from my base connection. 4K 60fps cloud gaming on GeForce NOW only requires 25Mbps. In addition, you’ll have unlimited data to work with — so you can game on the cloud as much as you want.
A vast server network enables you to access Nvidia GeForce NOW from anywhere. I tested a couple of the 24 US server locations and played GRID Legends, LoL, and Fortnite without restrictions while traveling abroad. ExpressVPN also offers automatic server obfuscation on all servers. This disguises your VPN traffic as regular traffic if restrictions on your network are detected. This allows you to bypass VPN-blocking firewalls, such as those found in school, work, or certain censorship-heavy countries.
Your real IP address stays hidden thanks to AES 256-bit encryption, IPv6/DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. That means you can securely unblock GeForce NOW from anywhere while being protected against DDoS attacks. ExpressVPN is also based in the British Virgin Islands, outside the jurisdiction of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliances (intelligence-sharing agreements). So, nothing you do online will be shared with third parties or government agencies.
ExpressVPN works with all GFN-compatible devices (it has apps for Android TV and Shield TV). It also works with routers if you want to use GeForce NOW on a device that doesn't natively support VPNs (like Samsung TVs or LG Smart TVs). Plus, you get 24/7 live chat/email support and a searchable knowledge base for reliable assistance.
One drawback I found is that the plans are expensive — they start at $6.67/month. However, ExpressVPN offers regular discounts that can help you save money. I recommend going with the long-term option for the best value.
- Multiple device connections. You can connect up to 8 devices to ExpressVPN, and the VPN supports all major platforms (including Android, Linux, and Windows).
- TrustedServer technology. ExpressVPN uses RAM-based servers that ensure all of your data is inaccessible and wiped with every server reboot. This is also backed by a strict no-logs policy that has passed multiple independent audits.
- Split tunneling. ExpressVPN lets you choose which devices and applications use the VPN tunnel. So you can unblock GeForce NOW with the VPN while accessing local services and apps with your normal IP.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. The VPN offers a hassle-free refund if you’re not completely happy. I tested the process and got my money back in 3 days.
|Specialized servers for a smooth gaming experience
|11,683 servers in 100 countries to securely access blocked games
|IP/DNS leak protection and a kill switch to secure your data
|90.6Mbps download (7% drop), 34ms average ping
CyberGhost offers gaming-optimized servers for a smooth cloud gaming experience. These specialized servers are tuned for low latency and fast speeds, providing you with more fps and reduced lag. While testing CyberGhost, I got a wide selection of gaming server locations to choose from. This let me unblock my GeForce NOW account and play New World when I traveled to India.
My speeds were great with CyberGhost — I got speeds of 90.6Mbps with 34ms ping on its US servers using the fast WireGuard protocol. This helped me play multiplayer online games such as Rocket League and Apex Legends through Geforce NOW on Steam without any lag. Plus, you can stream your games in 4K on YouTube and Twitch without dropping frames. Bandwidth and data are unlimited too, meaning you can game all night long without interruptions.
Support for multiple simultaneous connections allows you to connect 7 devices on a single account. CyberGhost works with all GeForce NOW-compatible devices, including Windows, macOS, and iOS, making it a versatile choice for gaming. You can also easily set up split-tunneling, allowing you to route GeForce NOW through the VPN while retaining access to local services and websites on your browser, for example.
The downsides? Like ExpressVPN, the monthly plans can get a bit expensive. Plus, these plans have a shorter money-back guarantee. However, long-term subscriptions start at just $2.03/month and have an extended refund period of 45 days.
- Regular transparency reports. CyberGhost releases an annual transparency report that details all of the requests it has received for user data and its response. Thanks to its audited no-logs policy, none of these requests are ever fulfilled. CyberGhost also secures your connection with military-grade encryption and IP/DNS leak protection.
- Easy to use apps. CyberGhost’s apps are quick to install and easy to use, even for total VPN beginners. Nicely, the best servers for gaming are clearly marked, so you don’t have to waste time scrolling through a long server list.
- Smart rules. CyberGhost's Smart Rules feature allows you to automate how your VPN behaves. For example, you can set CyberGhost to automatically connect to a VPN server whenever you launch GeForce NOW, saving you some time and ensuring you no longer have to remember to manually connect the VPN.
3. Private Internet Access — Customizable Encryption to Tailor Your Gaming Experience With GeForce NOW
|Configurable settings for faster speeds while gaming
|29,650 servers in 91 countries to unblock GeForce NOW
|Adjustable encryption levels and WireGuard to keep you safe while gaming online
|86.2Mbps download (11% drop), 41ms average ping
PIA offers advanced customizable options for a smoother cloud gaming experience. For example, the app lets you choose between AES 128-bit or 256-bit encryption. While testing PIA, I configured it to use 128-bit encryption and the WireGuard protocol to get the best speeds for gaming. If you’re worried about DDoS attacks or other malicious cyber attacks, simply enable the extra-secure 256-bit AES encryption to give your connection more protection.
With 128-bit AES encryption and IP/DNS leak protection active, I recorded speeds of 86.2Mbps and just 41ms of ping on the US servers. This was great for gaming without lag and helped me play Lost Ark in 4K. Plus, PIA has unlimited bandwidth for hours of cloud gaming.
The only negative side to PIA's customizability is that it can be a bit daunting if you’ve never used a VPN before. Luckily, the default configuration is already well-suited to gaming (the apps are automatically set to 128-bit AES encryption), so you don’t have to spend time fine-tuning settings if you don’t want to.
You also get a vast server network to unblock GeForce NOW from anywhere. Despite the huge network, finding the right server for you is easy — just choose the location you want from the searchable dropdown list. I was able to access all the games on my account while traveling, even when some titles were geo-blocked in that region.
- Port-forwarding capability. PIA is one of the few VPNs that allow you to set up port-forwarding through the VPN app. This can help reduce lag and connectivity issues in online games on Nvidia GeForce NOW.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections. You can connect as many devices as you like, meaning several members of your household can game with GFN simultaneously on their own devices. Nicely, PIA’s pricing starts at just $2.03/month for a long-term plan, allowing you to secure all your gaming devices on a single low-cost subscription.
- 30-day money-back guarantee. Getting a refund is easy if you’re unhappy with the VPN. I tested the process and got my money back in 5 days.
|Enjoy private and secure gaming lobbies with friends across the world
|6,088 servers in 61 countries to access blocked gaming content
|Double VPN feature and an automatic kill switch secure your data
|84.56Mbps download (13% drop), 58ms average ping
NordVPN’s unique Meshnet feature lets you easily create a virtual LAN party, allowing you and your friends to game together on GeForce NOW securely with minimal latency. The feature is completely free and available for all major operating systems. It’s also really easy to set up, taking just a few minutes.
You get great speeds for gaming on most servers, thanks to the proprietary NordLynx protocol. My connection stayed well over the 25Mbps mark you need for 60fps gaming. I got average speeds of around 84.56Mbps with 58ms ping, allowing me to use Nvidia GeForce NOW to play games with only minimal lag. Plus, you get unlimited bandwidth and no data caps for unrestricted gaming.
The sole instance I faced a problem was when I tried to connect to servers situated at a great distance from my actual location — these occasionally reduced my speed excessively for online gaming. However, the issue was always rectified by switching to a server located closer to me.
Plans are available from $3.39/month, which is good value for what you get. I recommend a long-term subscription as these are the most cost-effective.
- Obfuscated servers. NordVPN offers a set of specialized obfuscated servers that make your VPN traffic look like regular internet traffic. This allows you to sneak past VPN-blocking firewalls and game with GeForce NOW on restrictive networks.
- Beginner-friendly apps. Thanks to NordVPN’s intuitive world map interface, it’s easy to find your ideal server for GeForce NOW gaming — just pan the map to the country of your choice and click it to connect in seconds.
- Good customer support. Help is available 24/7 via live chat and email. I tested the 30-day money-back guarantee process via the chat and found it reliable.
|Your household can play simultaneously on their devices without slowdowns
|3,200 servers in 100 countries to reliably unblock content
|AES 256-bit encryption and IP Rotator to ensure privacy
|81.57Mbps download (16% drop), average 63ms ping
Surfshark offers unlimited connections, meaning you can play games simultaneously on all your devices. The service works with nearly every GeForce NOW-compatible platform, including Nvidia Shield and Android TV. While testing Surfshark, my friends and I connected and gamed on 9 devices at the same time and didn’t see any performance issues.
With 3,200 servers worldwide, Surfshark’s network isn’t as big as say, CyberGhost or PIA. However, the VPN covers 100 countries (including 25 US locations), so you get plenty of options for unblocking GeForce NOW. I had no issues playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on my Ubisoft Connect account while I was away from home.
Surfshark was definitely a bit slower than the other VPNs on my list, but I got decent speeds of 81.57Mbps and 63ms ping, letting me play online without significant lag. Enabling the WireGuard protocol offered me the fastest connection, so I recommend switching to it before a gaming session.
You can get Surfshark for only $2.89/month, which is a cost-effective option for unblocking GeForce NOW if you don’t mind a slightly slower connection. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it risk-free.
- Unlimited bandwidth and data. Surfshark doesn’t cap your data usage, so you can game as much as you like.
- Robust security features. Surfshark offers AES 256-bit encryption, a dedicated kill switch, and IP/DNS leak protection to ward off DDoS attacks.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPNs For GeForce NOW
To identify the top VPNs for GeForce NOW, I looked for the following criteria. If you want to conduct your own research, use this checklist to find the right VPN to meet your gaming needs:
- Fast speeds. Select a VPN with fast data transfer speeds for a seamless 60fps cloud gaming experience. Also, ensure that your chosen VPN doesn't reduce your download speed by more than 50% and has unlimited data for unrestricted play.
- Global server network. A vast network of servers worldwide allows you to access GeForce NOW anywhere. Opt for a VPN with servers in your home country if you want to unblock your favorite games while traveling.
- Robust security and privacy features. Choose a VPN with strong security features, such as AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, leak protection, and a no-logs policy to keep your real IP address hidden while gaming on GeForce NOW.
- Split-tunneling. It’s best to choose a VPN that offers split-tunneling functionality. With this, you can send only your Nvidia GeForce NOW traffic through the VPN. This will prevent other apps from being sent through the VPN tunnel needlessly, which may slow your connection.
- Easy-to-use apps. Go for a service with user-friendly apps for major operating systems that help you easily access Nvidia GeForce NOW across all your devices.
- Reliable money-back guarantee. Check to see that your chosen VPN has an easy refund process if you're not satisfied with the service. Plus, make sure it offers live chat support for quick assistance.
Quick Guide: How to Use a VPN with Nvidia GeForce NOW in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for its fast speeds for gaming. You can try ExpressVPN with confidence as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server. Choose a location where GeForce NOW is available. Nearby servers offer the fastest speeds and lowest ping.
- Start using Nvidia GeForce NOW. You can now play games securely on GeForce NOW.
How to Improve Your GeForce NOW VPN Connection
As all GeForce NOW games are streamed from the cloud, it’s normal to experience some interruptions and lag. Here's how to enhance your connection to avoid slowdowns:
- Ensure you have a fast base internet connection. Cloud gaming with Nvidia GeForce NOW is dependent on download speed. It recommends at least 15 Mbps for 720p 60fps gaming. VPNs will slow your speeds, so you need to account for this by choosing a speedy VPN (like ExpressVPN) that keeps the performance impact to a minimum.
- Use Ethernet. Your internet connection can get slower over WiFi, so connecting to your router with an Ethernet cable will give you the best and most reliable speeds.
- Drop your resolution and frame rate. 60fps should work well with most connections, but you can try 30fps if you’re still experiencing problems.
- Kill all downloads. If your connection seems slower than normal, make sure all downloads are stopped, as these will heavily impact your speed.
- Change encryption settings. If your VPN supports it, using 128-bit encryption can provide you with faster speeds than 256-bit encryption. It’s not quite as secure, but it should still offer more than enough protection for cloud gaming.
- Test various VPN protocols. By default, your VPN should use the fastest available protocol. If this isn't the case, you can try using a protocol that prioritizes speeds, such as Lightway, NordLynx, or WireGuard.
- Try split tunneling. Most top VPNs support split tunneling, which lets you control which of your apps use the VPN and which don’t. Try setting your VPN to only work with GeForce NOW so that other apps aren’t slowing the connection.
- Connect to the nearest server. Reduce latency and lag by connecting to a nearby VPN server. This will minimize the impact on your ping that’s caused by the VPN.
- Restart your router. If all else fails, switch off your router and turn it back on after a few minutes. See if this fixes your issues.
FAQs on Best Nvidia GeForce NOW VPN
Is GeForce NOW free?
Yes, GeForce NOW offers a free membership tier, allowing you to access cloud gaming without any subscription fees. However, there are downsides to the free plan, such as 1-hour only gaming slots, a basic rig, and no priority access to gaming servers.
However, if you’re in a country where GFN is unavailable, you will need to use a VPN that has been proven to be able to unblock GeForce NOW to sign up for the free tier.
Can I get GeForce NOW in India?
You can use a VPN to access GeForce NOW from India. Just choose a VPN with servers in countries where GeForce NOW is available to be able to unblock the service from India. It’s important to choose a fast VPN like ExpressVPN to ensure lag-free gaming.
Will a VPN impact lag and ping?
A VPN will usually increase latency — however, a quality VPN will minimize this impact. The best VPNs for GeForce NOW use lightweight and fast protocols to minimize latency, such as Lightway and WireGuard. Many of them also offer extensive server networks, which ensures you’ll have plenty of closeby servers to choose from. This lessens the distance your connection will have to travel and lowers overall latency.
What do I do if GeForce NOW doesn’t work?
If GeForce NOW is not working, first try restarting the app and your device to remove any underlying issues. If you’re getting a "This game is temporarily unavailable on GeForce NOW" or “GeForce NOW is currently not supported in your region” error, the service is likely blocked due to your current location. Look for VPNs that offer global server networks to bypass Nvidia GeForce NOW geo-blocks.
For other issues, follow the tips below to troubleshoot and fix the problem:
- Check your internet connection. Ensure you have a stable and fast internet connection. GeForce NOW requires a minimum of 15 Mbps for 720p at 60fps and 25 Mbps for 1080p at 60fps.
- Restart your router. Unplug your router and plug it back in. This will help refresh the network connection.
- Update your software. Ensure you have the latest version of GeForce NOW, your graphics card drivers, and your device's operating system.
- Check the Nvidia server status. Visit the GeForce NOW server status page or the Nvidia GeForce NOW forums to check if there are any ongoing server issues or maintenance.
Which devices can I use with a GeForce NOW VPN?
Your chosen VPN should work with all compatible GeForce NOW devices, including browsers for playing on the web version. It’s a good idea to look for a GeForce NOW VPN that’s compatible with routers. That way, you can unblock GeForce NOW on any device connected to your WiFi –— even devices that don’t usually support VPNs, like smart TVs.
GeForce NOW is currently compatible with the following devices and browsers:
Can I use a free VPN with GeForce NOW?
Using a free VPN with GeForce NOW is possible, but it's not recommended. Most free VPNs restrict your speeds and data to the point that cloud gaming becomes impossible. In addition, many cannot reliably unblock GeForce NOW from locations where it isn’t currently available. I recommend choosing an affordable VPN with a reliable money-back guarantee for the best experience.
Even if you somehow find a free VPN with minimal restrictions, you are likely putting your data at risk. Lots of free services log what you do online and sell that information to third parties. Plus, some have also been known to hide malware in their apps to infect your gaming devices.
Get the Best VPNs For GeForce NOW Today
The best VPNs for Nvidia GeForce NOW offer fast, stable connections and minimal interruptions for seamless gaming. Plus, they have vast server networks that help you unblock GeForce NOW and all its games from anywhere.
My top Nvidia GeForce NOW VPN is ExpressVPN. It offers great speeds for cloud gaming and has a global server network to unblock games anywhere in the world. You can try ExpressVPN without risk as it’s backed by a trustworthy 30-day money-back guarantee. So, getting a refund is easy if you’re not 100% happy.
To summarize, here are the best Nvidia GeForce NOW VPNs…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.