5 Best VPNs For Brazil – For Safety, Streaming & Speeds in 2020
Are you living in or visiting Brazil and struggling to catch the latest episode of your favorite show on US Netflix? Or are you concerned about reports of internet monitoring in Brazil, or the safety of your data and devices when you use public wi-fi?
On the other hand, perhaps you’re a Brazilian living or traveling abroad, frustrated that you can’t reliably access your bank accounts or watch channels like Globo TV. Or a journalist writing a story about government corruption and seeking protection from Brazil’s anti-anonymity laws.
We’re here to make your search a little simpler. Read on to learn what makes a VPN an ideal choice for use in Brazil, and for gaining access to Brazilian sites and content from other countries.
But first, here’s a quick rundown of the top-ranked VPNs for Brazil based on our testing. All of these services have fast, reliable connections and strong encryption to ensure that your online activity is safe, anonymous, and unrestricted.
Summary: The Best VPNs for Brazil
Possibly the world’s best all-purpose VPN, NordVPN offers a huge array of fast servers, secured with double encryption.
CyberGhost packs a ton of advanced features into user-friendly apps that are excellent for beginners. Long-term subscriptions come at very cheap prices.
With blazing-fast speeds, ExpressVPN is ideal for streaming and torrenting, and it’s a champion at bypassing geoblocks on Netflix and similar sites.
A unique Chameleon protocol and zero-knowledge servers give VyprVPN a competitive edge for security and privacy.
In spite of its relatively small network size, PrivateVPN delivers a big service that’s efficient, secure, and very budget-friendly.
What You Should Look For in a VPN for Brazil
For both tourists and Brazilian residents, the geoblocks that prevent you from accessing
non-Brazilian streaming services such as US Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Spotify, or the BBC iPlayer are a huge hassle.
A more important challenge is finding ways to keep your data and online activity private and secure. Under Brazilian law, internet service providers (ISPs) must provide a user’s IP address upon request from the authorities. That means your activity might be tracked and logged.
If you use public wi-fi, you face a higher risk of spying and hacking. Moreover, Brazil’s constitution prohibits the anonymity of journalists, which means researching a controversial story could expose you to public harassment or threats of retaliation.
If you’re a Brazilian traveling abroad, you need a way to access your favorite sites and critical services back home. From football to soap operas, from A Terra Prometida to Magnifica 70, all major Brazilian TV broadcasts are geoblocked outside the country.
In addition, your Brazilian bank might flag or even freeze your accounts if you access them from a foreign IP address. By connecting to a VPN server in Brazil, you’ll be able to watch all your favorite shows and safely manage your accounts and pay bills.
In fact, a VPN takes care of all these problems and more. By changing your IP address and encrypting your internet traffic, a solid VPN not only helps you bypass geoblocks, but also keeps your devices safe from cybercrime, your personal data private, and your identity hidden.
Only a premium VPN service will give you all these benefits, however. Free VPNs are slow, containg annoying ads, or even harvest your data. And since Netflix and similar sites actively block VPNs, you’ll need one with a proven record of escaping detection.
We only recommend VPNs that stand out from the crowd in our tough testing. For Brazil, that means these VPNs have:
- Excellent encryption and advanced security features. In addition to strong encryption (e.g. military-grade AES 256-bit), look for sophisticated tools like a kill switch and DNS and IPv6 leak protection.
- Servers in Brazil. You need at least one VPN server in Brazil to get a Brazilian IP address and access Brazilian TV channels or local services like your bank.
- Servers in other countries. To unblock any website or streaming service, you need access to a server within that country – the US for Netflix and Hulu, the UK for the BBC iPlayer, etc.
- High connection speeds. All VPNs slow down your connection speed a little due to the encryption process, but some are so slow you feel like you can’t get anything done. Fast servers are especially important for streaming, gaming, or torrenting, or if your internet connection isn’t very fast to begin with.
The Best VPNs for Brazil – Here Are the Details
If you’re looking for an all-around VPN that combines security, privacy, speed, and excellent geoblock bypassing, all at a good price, NordVPN might be the one for you.
Based in privacy-loving Panamá, NordVPN is a crowd favorite around the world, popular for its many features, no-logging policy, and industry-leading security measures, including Double VPN, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection.
With its giant global network of 5,000+ servers across 60+ countries, including 26 servers in Brazil, NordVPN is a great choice for bypassing geo-restrictions and keeping your data away from ISPs and hackers. Many servers are optimized for streaming and torrenting.
You can use NordVPN on up to 6 devices at the same time, and it’s available on all major platforms. Give it a try risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN can unblock: Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Supports torrenting: Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
- NordVPN works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
If you’re a newcomer to the VPN world and looking for budget-friendly service for streaming, torrenting, and anonymous browsing, then CyberGhost has exactly what you need.
This Romania-based VPN offers a mix of simplicity, fast connections, and outstanding security through engaging and user-friendly apps. You can run it on 7 different gadgets at the same time, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux devices.
With AES 256-bit encryption, multi-protocol support and other security features like public wi-fi protection, a kill switch and DNS leak protection, CyberGhost makes sure that your internet connection will never be compromised.
The network includes 3,000+ servers in 60 countries, with 10 servers in Brazil. All apps include customized modes for different internet uses, one of the reasons why so many users love it.
CyberGhost doesn’t keep logs and once you subscribe, you get a 45-day money-back guarantee to try the service. You can also take advantage of a 7-day free trial for iOS and Android if you want to test before you invest.
- CyberGhost can unblock: Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Supports torrenting: Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
- CyberGhost works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Known for its super-fast speeds, ability to overcome even tough geoblocks, and advanced security, ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPNs in the world. It’s based in the British Virgin Islands, safely beyond the reach of high-surveillance countries.
ExpressVPN’s network is protected by military-grade 256-bit encryption and includes over 2,000 servers in more than 90 countries, with 2 servers in Brazil. You can access almost any restricted service with this VPN inside and outside Brazil, and stream without annoying lag.
With ExpressVPN, you can secure up to 5 devices simultaneously. The provider offers sleek and user-friendly apps for all popular operating systems, and all of them come with topnotch security tools like a kill switch and split tunneling.
With a proven no-logging policy and 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try out ExpressVPN without putting either your data or your budget at risk.
- ExpressVPN can unblock: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Supports torrenting: Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
- ExpressVPN works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
If you want the most advanced technology to bypass VPN blocks, then VyprVPN is an excellent choice. The Chameleon protocl makes the VPN extremely difficult to detect, so you’ll have no trouble accessing the US Netflix library, Eurosport, or even sites in China.
Although this provider does keep partial logs, the VPN uses impressive security measures, including a kill switch and NAT firewall, to keep your connection secure. And any data in those logs is protected by tough Swiss privacy laws.
VyprVPN has one ultra-reliable server in Brazil, and 700+ servers across 70+ countries worldwide. Apps for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and other platforms are all simple to use.
You can use it on up to 5 devices simultaneously. Test it yourself using the risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, but first see what users have to say about it.
- VyperVPN can unblock: Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- Supports torrenting: Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
- VyperVPN works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Routers, Android TV, QNAP, Blackphone, Anonabox.
PrivateVPN is a small yet highly efficient Swedish VPN. It’s a great choice if you’re short on cash but still want a quality VPN service you can trust. Servers are secured with military-grade encryption, and they’re scattered across 50+ countries, with one in Brazil.
With PrivateVPN, you’ll be able to access most geoblocked streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and the BBC iPlayer from Brazil. You can also watch your favorite Brazilian channels by connecting to the Brazilian server from anywhere.
PrivateVPN doesn’t keep any logs, so you’ll never have to worry about your privacy. In addition, the app includes a kill switch and IPv6 leak protection. If you need any help, you can contact the live chat support, available 24/7.
You can share PrivateVPN with friends or family members using the allowance for 6 connections, and there are applications for all major operating systems. Try the service risk free with a 30-day money-back guarantee, or check out our collection of user testimonials.
- PrivateVPN can unblock: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Supports torrenting: Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
- PrivateVPN works on these devices: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Whether you’re concerned about security on public wi-fi networks, threats to your privacy, accessing geoblocked streaming sites, or the lack of anonymity for journalists, there is no shortage of reasons to use a strong VPN in Brazil.
If you’re still not sure which VPN is best for you, our experts have a bunch more tips in our guide to choosing your VPN.
The right VPN expands your online world and makes the internet a far safer place. To get the most out of a premium service while taking the least out of your wallet, check out our collection of the best VPNs deals available right now.