5 Best VPNs For Finland – For Safety, Streaming & Speeds in 2019
Finland is not a country where you need to worry about censorship; you can easily access Google, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
But there are some things you can’t do in Finland. For instance, it’s illegal to torrent. And – being as you’re in Finland – you won’t be able to watch TV shows or stream geoblocked content, like on Netflix and BBC.
Fortunately, a VPN can help you with that. Besides for securing your internet connection (which can protect you from hackers, viruses, and government surveillance), a VPN can change your IP address and give you access to thousands of websites from all over the world.
But with so many VPNs on the market, how do you know which are the best VPNs for Finland? Our experts put together a list of the top five VPNs for Finland. These VPNs all have a range of servers in different countries, including Finland, giving you safe access to streaming providers such as Elisa Vihde and free broadcast channels such as Areena.
These VPNs can also access Netflix and BBC iPlayer, and they allow torrenting on some of their servers. We even found some excellent VPNs that offer services in Finnish! And for the VPNs that don’t, they are all so easy to install and user-friendly, you won’t have a problem using them.
We guide you on what to look for in a VPN, but you can also jump down to the list if you want to get started.
A VPN Can Help You Torrent, Stream, and Much More!
As we mentioned above, while there isn’t much censorship in Finland, there are other things that are illegal. One of those is torrenting.
Finland does not entirely enforce their no-torrenting rule, but people have been fined before for downloading copyright content. If you’re in Finland and want to torrent, it’s best to use a VPN.
Another reason to use a VPN in Finland is if you want to stream content that’s only available somewhere else. Finland only has about 40% of the Netflix TV shows and movies that are available in the US. Similarly, if you are traveling abroad from Finland and want to stream on Elisa Vihde, a VPN with servers in Finland can help you out.
In addition to those features, a VPN is a great way to help secure your internet connection and protect your data.
Here’s what you should look for in a VPN for Finland:
- A number of servers in different countries. A large number of servers generally translates to faster speeds and more locations you can connect to.
- Servers in Finland. If you want to connect to Finnish websites, you’re going to need a server in Finland. Furthermore, having servers in close range can increase your speed.
- Permission to torrent. Not all VPNs allow torrenting on their servers, while other VPNs only allow torrenting on specific servers. If this is one of your goals of using a VPN, make sure you will be able to torrent without getting fined or losing your VPN license.
- Access to geoblocked content. Netflix, BBC, and other streaming sites detect VPNs and will block your connection if they notice you use one. However, there are some VPNs that know how to get around these restrictions. To ensure that your streaming capabilities are not limited, look for a VPN that successfully unblocked these websites.
- Good customer support. This is probably one of the most overlooked features in a VPN, but it’s an important one. If you have problems connecting, if a website is blocked, or if your VPN somehow doesn’t work, you will want available customer support that will help. Choose a VPN that has 24/7 customer support, preferably via live chat. Bonus if they have support in Finnish (one of the VPNs below do!).
- A free trial or money-back guarantee. You don’t want to buy something without trying it first. Make sure you can get a refund or try out the VPN first before committing.
The Best VPNs for Finland
The #1 VPN for Finland
- 37 servers within Finland
- Excellent 24/7 customer support.
- Fast speeds and stable connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN offers unbeatable security features, including 2048-bit AES encryption, a choice of security protocols, double VPN, and DNS leak protection. This means that you can trust that your connection will be secure. NordVPN also allows torrenting on some of its 4,000+ servers, and it is one of the few top VPN services that can still bypass the geo-blocks on US Netflix. Lastly, its strict no-logging policy ensures that your data and information remain safe.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
The Fastest VPN with support in Finnish
- Over 1,500 servers in 148 countries, including Finland
- Great range of security protocols and features to keep your connection safe
- Strict no logging policies ensure anonymity
- 30-day money back guarantee
One of the fastest VPNs available, ExpressVPN enables users to access geo-restricted content from across the globe, including US Netflix. Its split tunneling feature means that users can safely check their bank account in Finland, using a Finnish server, while searching for streamed content in the US, without compromising security or privacy. Browser extensions provide another level of security alongside 256-bit AES security, DNS/IPv6 leak protection and a kill switch.
ExpressVPN has servers within Finland that support a range of security protocols including OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and PPTP. Best of all, ExpressVPN offers customer support in Finnish, so you won’t have any trouble navigating the website or product.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Easy to use VPN that supports P2P
- Supports torrenting and P2P activities
- Able to circumvent geoblocking, including Netflix
- 130 servers across 32 countries
- Simple interface with more detailed options for advanced users
Trust.Zone is one of the most user-friendly VPNs available that is still able to bypass Netflix’s geo-blocks. Trust.Zone doesn’t have the largest server network with just under 130 servers across 32 countries, including one in Finland, but its state-of-the-art encryption and strict no-logging policies more than make up for this. The 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, and choice of either OpenVPN or L2TP over IPSec ensure that your connection is private and secure.
Trust.Zone supports torrenting and P2P connections across its servers and offers anonymous payment options, such as Bitcoin, to ensure your privacy from the moment you sign up. Trust.Zone offers a 3-day free trial, as well as a 10-day money back guarantee, so you can be sure it is the right VPN for you.
Trust.Zone can unblock:
- Yes, P2P connections allowed
Trust.Zone works on these devices:
- Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, AppleTV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Nintendo, PlayStation, Roku, Xbox
Large number of servers in Finland
- Over 3,700 servers available with 12 available in Finland
- Torrenting and streaming allowed on dedicated servers
- Easy-to-use platform and interface
- Seven simultaneous connections mean users can safeguard all their devices on one license.
CyberGhost has really increased their performance and product over the past two years. The company continues to expand its server network (over 1,300 available!) with 12 available in Finland. In addition, CyberGhost works across a wide range of operating systems and provides seven simultaneous connections per license – that’s a lot of devices to use at once. The 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IP leak protection, and an automatic kill switch ensure connections are secure and private.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
A solid, basic VPN that meets all of your needs
- Perfect for streaming
- No bandwidth or usage restrictions.
- Accessible customer service support and easy to read set up guides.
- 56 servers all over the globe, including Finland
While PrivateVPN may not have the most servers, it does have locations across most of the globe, including Finland. This enables it to unblock geo-restricted content and stream content, including from Finnish streaming services, at fast speeds. It supports a range of protocols, including OpenVPN, providing the best possible secure connection. This ensures your information is safe whether you are connecting with users in heavily censored countries such as Russia or downloading torrents in Finland. Users also benefit from unlimited bandwidth and downloading.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
When choosing a VPN for use in Finland, security and privacy should be at the top of your list of needs. All the VPNs on our list provide these and much more. They all also offer money back guarantees so you can find the right VPN for your needs.