5 Best VPNs for PUBG Mobile & PC To Play Anywhere (2024)
- Best VPNs for PUBG — Full Analysis (Updated 2024)
- ExpressVPN — Fastest Speeds for Uninterrupted PUBG Gameplay
- CyberGhost — Dedicated Gaming Servers for A Reliable PUBG Experience
- Private Internet Access — Global Server Network for Playing PUBG Anywhere
- NordVPN — Advanced Security Features to Protect Your Data While Playing PUBG
- Surfshark — User-Friendly Apps to Play PUBG in Minutes
- Quick Comparison Table: PUBG VPN Features
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for PUBG
- Quick Guide: How to Play PUBG With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- FAQs on the Best VPNs for PUBG
- Get the Best VPN for PUBG
A premium VPN can prevent latency and connection errors when playing PUBG. But finding one that consistently works with PUBG, even when traveling, is challenging.
My team and I tested 43 VPNs and found the best ones for PUBG. They have thousands of servers worldwide, making it easy to find one close to you for the lowest ping. They also provide robust security features to protect you from hackers and snoops.
My top recommendation is ExpressVPN, as it gave me the fastest speed. It also has an extensive global network and is straightforward to set up and use on any device. You can try it risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Short on Time? Here Are the Best VPNs for PUBG in 2024
- Editor's ChoiceExpressVPN
Impressive speeds for competitive PUBG gaming. Plus, a 30-day money-back guarantee.70% of our readers choose ExpressVPN
Specialized gaming servers provide uninterrupted access to PUBG: Battlegrounds.
- Private Internet Access
Vast network to connect to PUBG servers worldwide and play with friends from everywhere.
Advanced security features keep your PUBG sessions safe from online threats.
Easy to install and use on all major devices to play PUBG on any platform.
Best VPNs for PUBG — Full Analysis (Updated 2024)
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Quick connections and fewer drop-offs with its proprietary Lightway protocol
|The fastest VPN I tested, only a 6% speed reduction on local servers
|3,000 servers in 105 countries to play PUBG from anywhere
|Military-grade 256-bit encryption protects your data from hackers
ExpressVPN's stable and reliable speed enables you to play PUBG without lag. This is mainly due to its proprietary Lightway protocol, which is lightweight and optimized for low-latency connections. It’s not just about the top speed; it also stays consistently fast at all times of day, unlike many other VPNs I tested with PUBG.
While testing PUBG mobile on my Android phone, my ping was just 52ms using a nearby server in the UK. That’s much better than the jittery performance I get during matches when I’m not using a VPN, and my ping ranges from 100 to 150ms. This is likely caused by my ISP provider throttling my speed. I also noticed that ExpressVPN drained less of my battery, a common issue with VPNs that use outdated protocols.
ExpressVPN's mobile and PC apps are easy to install and use. You can even add a shortcut to PUBG on the ExpressVPN main screen and launch it when connected to a server. Use its Smart Location feature to automatically find and connect you to the fastest server for your network, then save that one for your PUBG gaming.
The only downside is the higher subscription cost starting at $6.67/month. But you can save a lot and get free months of service with ExpressVPN's frequent deals and discounts. I got 49% off when signing up for the longest plan. You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
- Reliable customer support. You can use ExpressVPN's 24/7 live chat to answer questions immediately, and you don't have to have a subscription to use it. Agents were always helpful and friendly during my tests.
- Hides your real location. ExpressVPN uses a kill switch (Network Lock) and IP/DNS leak protection to prevent accidental exposure of your data. So, your online identity stays private when playing PUBG.
- Simultaneous device connections. You can use ExpressVPN on up to 8 devices to share your account with your household, and everyone can play games and browse securely.
- Split Tunneling. This lets you route gaming traffic through the VPN while accessing local services directly. This optimizes your game connection, as only some traffic gets encrypted.
- Router Compatibility. ExpressVPN can be easily set up on your router with its native app, protecting all devices on your home network. This is especially useful if you play online games on consoles or smart TVs, which don’t always work well with VPN apps.
|Gaming servers provide low latency and stable connections to PUBG
|Only a 10% average download speed reduction is great for real-time gaming
|11,683 servers in 100 countries let you easily find a low-latency server
|Automatic WiFi protection to securely play PUBG when traveling and using new networks
CyberGhost offers gaming-optimized servers near most PUBG locations to securely game wherever you are. These servers are regularly tested and updated to ensure they work with PUBG and other popular online games. They have never given me connection issues. That was a relief since there are few things more annoying than being about to win a match only to run into network issues.
When testing the New York gaming server, I noticed a significant drop in ping (the lower the ping, the better) compared to connecting without a VPN. My matches were never interrupted, even during chaotic final circle shootouts. I averaged 108Mbps, just a 10% drop from my base speed of 130Mbps. I could download updates and new maps without waiting long.
DNS/IP leak protection and an automatic kill switch hide your online identity while playing PUBG. Together, these make it almost impossible for hackers to target you. They also prevent your gaming activities from being seen by third parties. These are extra important if you play on shared networks with poor security.
One minor con is that CyberGhost's monthly plans are expensive and have a short refund period. However, with a long-term subscription, you only pay $2.03/month and get an extended money-back guarantee. So you can play PUBG and use CyberGhost free for 45 days and get a refund via 24/7 live chat if you aren’t happy.
- Global network. You can still play PUBG with your squad, even if they're traveling to a different continent. Connect to a server near your friends and play on the same team.
- 7 simultaneous connections. You can use CyberGhost on multiple devices at once. This is helpful if you play games on different platforms and don’t want to have to keep logging out on other devices.
- WireGuard protocol. CyberGhost is one of the few VPNs offering the WireGuard protocol. Its lean code base and open-source code give it fast speeds and strong security for gaming.
|Extensive network to access PUBG servers in any region
|A 16% speed drop gave me smooth PUBG matches
|29,650 servers in 91 countries prevent delays due to overcrowding
|Strong encryption, so your ISP and online spies can't see what you're doing online
Private Internet Access's (PIA) vast network allows for quick access to PUBG servers across different regions. This means you can always find a fast server near you, even during peak gaming hours, preventing frame drops. I had seamless gameplay testing 12 servers in Asia, Europe, and North America and never noticed lag.
One of my favorite things about PIA is its MACE ad blocker, which prevents annoying in-game ads so you can stay in the zone. Like ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, you also get robust security features like AES-256 encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection to maintain gaming privacy. I never had issues joining foreign gaming lobbies, which might not work if your DNS address is exposed.
The only issue is that its interface, with many settings, can be complicated for VPN beginners. However, PIA comes pre-configured, so you don't have to adjust anything to start playing PUBG. And if you do want to tweak it to get that extra boost of speed, customer support is available 24/7 via live chat, or you can use the VPN's easy-to-follow online guides.
Subscriptions start at only $2.03/month, and you can use it on unlimited devices. Plus, there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try PIA without risk. I tested this refund policy using email to cancel and request my money back. The funds were paid to my PayPal account within 5 days.
- Port Forwarding. This helps optimize your gaming connection by improving speeds and reducing lag. It’s particularly useful for hosting private games.
- WireGuard support. Similar to CyberGhost, PIA supports this next-gen protocol, which gives you a performance edge in FPS games like PUBG.
|Threat Protection blocks disruptive ads and potential malware
|An 11% drop in my average speed allows for smooth 1080p gaming
|6,088 servers in 61 countries offer easy access to low-ping servers
|Powerful AES 256-bit encryption for secure gameplay
NordVPN keeps your PUBG sessions safe from hackers and eavesdroppers, which is especially important if you play on shared WiFi or while traveling. Its advanced Threat Protection feature blocks ads, trackers, and even malware from infecting your devices or disrupting your gameplay.
Speeds were fast, too, thanks to the efficient NordLynx protocol, which is based on WireGuard. During my tests, I saw an average speed drop of just 11% — more than enough for 1080p gaming without lag and quick matchmaking. Both the desktop and mobile apps work intuitively, so I didn’t have to mess around with any settings to start gaming.
One drawback I faced was that I could not open YouTube or Reddit. I quickly realized the issue was due to Nord’s Threat Protection, and switching to Threat Protection Lite resolved the error so I could browse the web normally again. This isn’t a common issue, but if it happens to you, it’s a quick fix and won’t affect your PUBG experience.
A long-term plan only costs $3.39/month. NordVPN is also backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can safely try it out before committing. Getting a refund via 24/7 customer support is easy if it doesn't suit you.
- Split Tunneling. This feature lets you route some of your device traffic through the VPN while other websites and apps maintain a direct internet connection. It helps you game efficiently while not interfering with any routine apps.
- Dedicated IPs. NordVPN offers this as an add-on. A dedicated IP can prevent common issues like being mistakenly flagged or banned in online games like PUBG.
|The ping of each server is clearly displayed, making it easy to pick the fastest one
|22% drop in speed still runs PUBG without delays
|3,200 servers in 100 countries give you a diverse choice
|CleanWeb stops resource-hungry ads from slowing you down
With Surfshark's intuitive interface and multiple language options (13), you can securely play PUBG in just a few clicks. Use the Quick Connect feature to have the VPN automatically choose the fastest server for you. If you're having trouble using global PUBG lobbies on mobile, activate GPS spoofing (available on Android). This forces your phone's GPS location to match the server you are connected to.
You can play PUBG without worrying about your device's security, thanks to AES-256 encryption. I tested Surfshark for IP/DNS leaks and detected none, giving you peace of mind that your actual location and online activities are protected. CleanWeb also blocks ads, trackers, and malware.
A slight issue I ran into was the variable speed of some distant servers. For instance, a server in Australia reduced my speed by about 34%. However, the nearby servers worked well and had no negative impact on my gaming experience. Plus, it was easy to find servers with lower latency using the built-in speed test in the app.
Starting at $2.89/month for its longest plan, this VPN is an affordable option for PUBG. With its 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try Surfshark risk-free.
- Unlimited connections. You can use Surfshark on as many devices as you like and only pay for one subscription. I had no issues testing Surfshark on several smartphones, a Windows laptop, and a tablet. Speeds stayed fast, even when my colleagues and I were gaming on each device simultaneously.
Quick Comparison Table: PUBG VPN Features
Amongst the best PUBG VPNs I mentioned above, there are still some significant differences that you need to consider. Their speeds, ping, and server network all vary. I compiled this quick table to help you compare them side by side and see how they stack up:
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for PUBG
In my search for the best VPNs for PUBG, I used specific criteria to get optimal gaming performance. Here are the essential tips you should consider if you want to do your own tests:
- Large network. The more servers a VPN has, the better your chances of finding a fast and reliable connection for PUBG. I prioritized VPNs with a vast network, which you can find by checking a VPN’s website.
- Fast speeds. Speed is key to smooth PUBG gaming. I tested various VPNs for their ability to maintain high speeds, ensuring that your gaming sessions are uninterrupted by lag or connection issues.
- Robust security. Look for a VPN that will keep your data protected while playing PUBG. It should at least have AES 256-bit encryption, IP/DNS leak protections, and a kill switch.
- Device compatibility. PUBG players use a range of devices, from PCs to mobile phones. You can check compatibility online to make sure there are easy-to-use native apps for your preferred gaming device.
- Value for money. I looked for VPNs that offer a good balance between features for gaming and affordable pricing. Look online for discounts before you subscribe.
- Customer support. Responsive customer support is invaluable, especially if you're new to VPNs and encounter issues. The VPNs I recommend provide reliable, 24/7 support to assist you at any time. You can test a VPN’s support team before you buy.
- Reliable money-back guarantee. This allows you to test the VPN with PUBG risk-free. You can make sure it works well for PUBG before committing.
Quick Guide: How to Play PUBG With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. ExpressVPN is my go-to choice for PUBG, thanks to its fast speeds and advanced server network, which lets you play games without lag.
- Connect to a server. Opt for a server close to your region to ensure the lowest ping.
- Start playing. Launch PUBG on your preferred device, sign in, and securely game from anywhere.
FAQs on the Best VPNs for PUBG
Can I play PUBG with a free VPN?
Playing PUBG with a free VPN may be possible, but I don’t recommend it. Free VPNs often have data limits, slower speeds, lack critical security features, and get easily blocked by the game servers, negatively impacting your gameplay. For a consistent gaming experience, consider a premium VPN with a money-back guarantee. ExpressVPN gave me fast speeds and low latency while playing PUBG.
Will a VPN increase my ping on PUBG?
A high-quality VPN shouldn’t increase your ping on PUBG by much, if at all. In some cases, it may even lead to a slightly lower ping because VPNs help avoid bandwidth throttling by your ISP. Connect to a server closest to you for the best performance.
Faraway server locations are more likely to increase ping. Some free VPNs also have servers that get congested during peak hours, without enough bandwidth for everyone. This is more likely to increase your ping as well.
What devices can I play PUBG with a VPN on?
You can play PUBG with a VPN on any device including PCs, smartphones, and tablets. Most premiums VPNs, like ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, offer native apps for all major platforms.
Which servers are best for opening PUBG crates?
Some players swear by servers in Taiwan, Hong Kong, the US, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Denmark, Germany, Turkey, Mexico, and Korea. They say these maximize your chances of getting a good crate, but others claim it’s a myth. I personally seemed to get similar results regardless, but you can try a VPN server in one of these locations and see if it helps.
Is it legal to use a VPN for PUBG?
Yes, it’s generally legal to use a VPN for PUBG in most countries. However, you should familiarize yourself with local laws regarding VPN usage. Certain countries like China and Iran have restrictions on VPNs. Wherever you are, it’s best to use a reliable VPN service to keep yourself safe online.
Remember, it’s your responsibility to use a VPN ethically and adhere to the game’s terms of service. Using a VPN to gain an unfair advantage in PUBG is not allowed and could result in banning your account.
Can using a VPN get my PUBG account banned?
Using a VPN with PUBG won’t get your account banned as long as you don’t break the game's Terms of Service. The ToS only discourages any practice that can give players an unfair advantage, i.e., any form of cheating or hacking other players. VPNs will actually help protect you from being targeted by a hacker during a game.
Get the Best VPN for PUBG
There are a lot of VPNs out there, but not all of them work well with PUBG. All the VPNs listed provide fast speeds and large server networks and work reliably with PUBG. And using the best one can be the difference between a chicken dinner and defeat.
If you’re looking for the best VPN for PUBG, my go-to option is ExpressVPN. It delivers low latency, has servers in all popular PUBG countries, and uses robust security features to protect your data. Plus, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs for PUBG...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.