5 Best VPNs for uTorrent – Fastest, Safest & Cheapest in 2021
- Quick Guide: The Best VPNs for uTorrent
- Why You Need a VPN for uTorrent
- What to Look For in a VPN for uTorrent
- The Best VPNs for uTorrent
- NordVPN – Automatically Connect to the Best P2P Server
- ExpressVPN – Lighting-Fast Speeds for Hassle-Free Torrenting
- CyberGhost – Dedicated Torrenting Profile
- PrivateVPN – Fast and Anonymous Torrenting
- VyprVPN – Untraceable Torrenting Activity
- Bottom Line
If you use uTorrent – or any torrenting site – without a VPN, you are taking a huge risk. Your ISP can easily track your torrenting habits, and your IP address and physical location are exposed to your fellow uTorrent users.
That exposure makes you vulnerable to many threats. Third parties could steal your data, other users could launch malware or DoS attacks on you, and you might even face legal consequences if you download copyrighted material, even by accident.
Thankfully, there is an easy way to torrent safely and with total privacy. It takes only a few minutes to set up, and you should do it every time you torrent!
Using a good VPN will mask your IP address and encrypt your data, making it unreadable to your ISP and the authorities. Nobody will be able to see or track your online activity, so other users won’t be able to attack you.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to use uTorrent anonymously with a VPN. We’ll also outline the important features of a good VPN, and help you choose the best one for your needs.
Quick Guide: The Best VPNs for uTorrent
- NordVPNSay so long to slowdowns and long downloads with NordVPN’s speedy and ultra-secure service.
- ExpressVPNThe fastest premium VPN on the market with P2P compatibility, ExpressVPN delivers topnotch security as well.
- CyberGhostWith a built-in Torrent Anonymously profile, CyberGhost makes it one-click easy to stay safe when you use uTorrent.
- PrivateVPNTorrent/unlock anything and protect everything with PrivateVPN, thanks to its blazing speeds and excellent privacy features.
- VyprVPNEasy for beginners to master, VyprVPN offers P2P-friendly, high-speed connections and apps for most major platforms.
Why You Need a VPN for uTorrent
Downloading and seeding on uTorrent are dangerous activities. Sharing files over a P2P network exposes your device to malware, spying, and DoS attacks – but the threats don’t stop there.
If you download a copyrighted file, for example – even if you don’t realize that it’s copyrighted – you could face legal action. And because uTorrent shares your real IP with other users, law enforcement authorities could easily track you down.
By connecting your device to a remote server through a secure tunnel, a high-quality VPN masks your IP to protect your identity. It will appear as though you are accessing the internet from that server’s location, so no one can see where you really are.
Your VPN will also encrypt your internet traffic, making it unreadable to anyone who might be spying on your connection – like your ISP. Your device will be protected whenever you’re online, whether you’re using uTorrent, browsing, or streaming videos.
Here are just a few of the reasons you should ALWAYS use a VPN for uTorrent:
1. Bypass network firewalls and uTorrent blocks
If your local network at work or school has blocked uTorrent, a VPN will restore your access and prevent your network administrator from seeing your online activity. By masking your IP and routing your traffic through a remote server, VPNs can bypass firewalls and unblock restricted content all over the world.
2. Avoid legal consequences
Copyright laws are complicated and you might not always know whether the files you’re torrenting are copyrighted – but legal authorities won’t care if you knew. With a reliable VPN, your activity can’t be traced back to you, so you won’t need to worry about legal issues.
At vpnMentor, we don’t encourage illegal downloading activity, but we do support your right to stay safe and anonymous online.
3. Bypass ISP throttling
Some ISPs are notorious for throttling the connections of torrent site users. However, when your data is encrypted, your ISP won’t know you’re using uTorrent. That’s how a VPN can bypass ISP throttling and network congestion and actually speed up your connection!
4. Keep your private information private
Because a safe VPN hides your true location and makes your traffic unreadable to other users, government spies, and data-harvesting third parties, you will remain completely anonymous and your data won’t end up in someone else’s hands.
Be aware, however, that free VPNs usually have weaker security, and many of them will actually collect and sell your data. For a high-risk activity like torrenting, you should only trust a top-rated VPN with a history of keeping users safe.
What to Look For in a VPN for uTorrent
When you’re choosing a VPN for uTorrent, look for one that offers:
- P2P compatibility & support. Not all VPNs allow file sharing on their networks, and if yours doesn’t, you won’t be able to use uTorrent at all.
- High-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth.
- High-end security features. These should include military-grade encryption, a no-logs policy, an automatic kill switch, and leak protection.
- Servers across the globe.
- Apps for all of your devices.
The Best VPNs for uTorrent
Although only specific, dedicated servers on the NordVPN network support P2P connections, that network includes 5,480 servers worldwide, so there are plenty of options. And connecting is super easy – the app will detect when you’re connected to uTorrent and automatically reroute your data to the best P2P server!
Your personal information and browsing activity will be 100% protected with military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch that blocks unprotected traffic from leaving the secured network.
In fact, NordVPN adds a second layer of security to your data by encrypting it twice with its Double VPN protocol. Users can’t get enough of NordVPN, and you can see what all the fuss is about with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
ExpressVPN operates 3,000 servers across 94 countries, so you can enjoy secure and unrestricted internet access from any corner of the globe. The provider’s state-of-the-art security features ensure that you’re always anonymous online.
With all of this and more available in easy-to-use apps, it’s no wonder ExpressVPN is so highly rated. A 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to try it with no risk, too!
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Fast speeds and unlimited data make it easy to torrent without end, while top-of-the-line security features guard your device and ward off spies.
You can read the great things users have to say about it before trying CyberGhost risk-free with a generous 45-day money-back guarantee. The provider also offers free trials of up to 7 days for mobile users.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
With over 150 servers in 60 countries, PrivateVPN is known for its ultra-fast speeds and anonymous torrenting / P2P friendly features or in a nutshell: security, speed and competitive pricing.
With its ZERO data logging policy, IPv6 leak protection and kill switch, it comes to no surprise that this provider markets itself as the world’s most trusted VPN service.
You can protect up to 6 devices with PrivateVPN and it supports all OS platforms. With all of these great features, it’s easy to see why it is is one of the customers’ favorite VPNs.
You can try this provider entirely risk-free thanks to its 30-days money back guarantee and if you do change your mind, your assets will be immediately returned to you.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
VyprVPN goes to great lengths to make sure your connection is secure and your location is undetectable. In fact, the VPN was recently independently audited to test its security protocols, and passed with flying colors!
Best of all, VyprVPN is extremely easy to use and offers apps for most devices. VyprVPN’s impressive service has VPN users around the world saying great things!
When you sign up with VyprVPN, you enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out, risk-free.
VyperVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
VyperVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Routers, Android TV, QNAP, Blackphone, Anonabox.
Downloading and seeding files on uTorrent is a risky business, but the right VPN will protect your anonymity online. However, if you are an American user, make sure to also read our special guide to torrenting in the US.
Your VPN will also prevent your ISP and legal authorities from tracing any downloads back to you, while keeping nosy uTorrent users away from private information like your IP address and location.
Now that you know how to protect yourself when you use uTorrent, check out our best VPN deals and coupons to save money on your new VPN!
To summarize, the best VPNs for uTorrent 2021 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend NordVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 68% off.
Privacy Alert box - content - Popular posts