5 Best VPNs for Kindle Fire That Really Work in 2020
The Kindle Fire has received mixed reactions among people who’ve bought one. Most people love it due to its ease of use, the huge variety of apps you can download, and its ability to do almost everything a tablet can do.
Unfortunately, many people have found that their Kindle Fire has geo-restrictions that limit both functionality and the number of apps they can download.
Thankfully, if you’re affected by this geo-restriction or you’d just like your Kindle Fire to be protected in the best way possible, then read on to find out how you can use a VPN to solve these problems.
In the meantime, here’s a quick list of VPNs that are fully compatible and work wonderfully with the Kindle Fire.
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for Kindle Fire
- NordVPN – Its amazing speeds, thousands of servers, and easy-to-use interface make NordVPN our top choice for use with Kindle Fire.
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN we’ve tested, which makes it perfect for downloading and browsing on the Kindle Fire. It costs a little more than competitors but it is worth it.
- CyberGhost – Offers good performance and security at affordable prices (especially if you pay for long subscriptions).
- Surfshark – Surfshark’s unlimited simultaneous connections is perfect for large families or people with multiple devices. This provider also offers great prices and solid features.
- PrivateVPN – A user-friendly VPN that’s an excellent choice for those who are new to VPNs.
Why You Need a VPN for Kindle Fire
Despite the Kindle Fire itself being available in over 170 countries, the copyright laws for each of these countries varies. The availability of apps, books, and other content for the Kindle Fire is limited in some countries.
You might purchase the Kindle Fire at full price, only to realize that you can only use a limited number of features in your country.
The reason this happens is that Amazon traces your IP address when you’re using its services to ensure it’s ‘pinging’ from a country where its services are available.
If it’s not, you’ll lose access to anything that’s not licensed in the country you’re in. Thankfully, there’s an easy way to get around such geoblocks.
You can bypass geo-restrictions on Kindle Fire by using a VPN. While using a VPN, your data will be encrypted and you can tunnel it through a secure server in a country where all Kindle Fire features are offered. This will give you access to the full array of Kindle Fire content.
That’s Not All a VPN Can Do
Besides bypassing geo-restrictions, a premium VPN also offers you many other benefits:
- Shielding your online activity – A VPN helps you browse the internet privately by masking your IP address and preventing people from snooping at your online activity. Most good VPN providers also provide ad and malware blocking programs as part of their service, meaning you’re protected from almost every angle.
- Keeping you safe on public wi-fi – Because the Kindle Fire is a portable device, you’ll likely carry it around and use it in public areas. If you’re planning on using wi-fi, you’ll be glad to have a VPN to encrypt all of your data, preventing hackers from being able to intercept it.
- Making your Kindle Fire a better travel companion – Geo-restrictions also affect Kindle Fire owners who are traveling. You might have full access to all of the Kindle apps and data in your home country, but during your vacation or work trips, you suddenly won’t. A VPN helps you solve this problem.
Best VPNs for Kindle Fire
There are a few different methods for installing VPNs on your Kindle Fire, all relatively easy. When you have picked a VPN that suits you, you’ll find setup support for your Kindle on your chosen VPN provider’s website.
The following VPN services are highly recommended by users and are compatible with the Kindle Fire.
This VPN provider is headquartered in Panama, ensuring it is well out of the jurisdiction of the 5/9/14 eyes alliance countries.
NordVPN is highly esteemed among VPN users due to its proven reliability and performance.
NordVPN has a huge server infrastructure, with 5,400+ servers spanning 60+ countries allowing you to bypass geo-restrictions and download any apps on your Kindle Fire.
NordVPN offers watertight security features, with military-grade AES-256 bit encryption, as well as supporting OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP tunneling protocols.
Other features include a strict no-logs policy, a kill switch, built-in CyberSec security software, DNS leak protection, and more.
You can use NordVPN on up to six devices at the same time.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
ExpressVPN is popular for its high-speed servers, reliability, and dedicated 24/7 customer service. This provider is a little more expensive than other VPN providers, but its overall quality makes it well worth the price.
With 3,000 servers in over 160 locations and TrustedServer technology, you’ll have no trouble accessing all of the apps on Kindle Fire.
ExpressVPN also offers military-grade AES-256 bit encryption, a no-logs policy, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and OpenVPN support across every available platform.
You can use ExpressVPN across five devices simultaneously. Try it out for yourself with the 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to subscribe, why not save some money with our coupon code!
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost is recognized by fans as a great choice for those who want to strike a balance between price and high-quality features.
This provider offers an intuitive interface along with 5,800+ servers 90 countries, granting you access to all the Kindle Fire apps you need.
CyberGhost also has great security features, including 256-bit AES encryption on the OpenVPN protocol, an automatic kill switch, a no-logs policy, built-in malware and ad-blocking software, as well as DNS and IP leak protection.
You’ll be able to connect up to 7 devices at once, and you can try the VPN for yourself with the 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes, the dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Surfshark has developed a great reputation as an affordable option with good, no-frills features that do what people need them to do. Its best (and most popular) feature is undoubtedly the unlimited simultaneous connections.
Each of Surfshark’s 800+ servers in 50+ countries are speedy, P2P-friendly, and offer Private DNS.
This provider also offers AES-256-GCM encryption, split tunneling, a malware and ad blocker, and a kill switch, as well as other obfuscation settings to ensure you’re really safe online.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
PrivateVPN is a relatively new VPN that has quickly gained a good reputation as a reliable VPN service.
With 150+ self-owned and super-fast servers in 80 different areas, PrivateVPN is perfect for streaming, downloading, and unblocking geo-restricted content.
Boasting military-grade AES-256 encryption with support for multiple protocols, IPv6, DNS leak protection, and a handy Stealth mode designed to get past any VPN blocks, you’ll be safe as you access all features of the Kindle Fire while using PrivateVPN.
PrivateVPN has a no-logs policy and a kill switch, and allows you to connect up to 6 devices at once.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
If you live in (or are visiting) a country where Amazon has not yet extended its support for the Kindle Fire, and you don’t want to wait years for it to finish with all the licensing approvals, then a VPN is a great investment. NordVPN is our top choice for use with your Kindle Fire!
Using a premium VPN will help you get the most out of your Kindle Fire while keeping your online activity safe and private.
Want some help deciding which VPN to choose? Check out How to Choose the Best VPN – 8 Tips for VPN Beginners.
If you’d like to browse more VPN options, we’ve found and tested the top ten.