3 Best VPNs for Kindle Fire That Really Work in 2023
The Kindle Fire has received mixed reactions among people who've bought one. Most people love it due to its ease of use, the huge variety of apps you can download, and its ability to do almost everything a tablet can do.
Unfortunately, many people have found that their Kindle Fire has geo-restrictions that limit both functionality and the number of apps they can download.
Thankfully, if you’re affected by this geo-restriction or you’d just like your Kindle Fire to be protected in the best way possible, then read on to find out how you can use a VPN to solve these problems.
In the meantime, here’s a quick list of VPNs that are fully compatible and work wonderfully with the Kindle Fire.
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for Kindle Fire
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN we’ve tested, which makes it perfect for downloading and browsing on the Kindle Fire. It costs a little more than competitors but it is worth it.
- CyberGhost – Offers good performance and security at affordable prices (especially if you pay for long subscriptions).
- PrivateVPN – A user-friendly VPN that's an excellent choice for those who are new to VPNs.
Why You Need a VPN for Kindle Fire
Despite the Kindle Fire itself being available in over 170 countries, the copyright laws for each of these countries varies. The availability of apps, books, and other content for the Kindle Fire is limited in some countries.
You might purchase the Kindle Fire at full price, only to realize that you can only use a limited number of features in your country.
The reason this happens is that Amazon traces your IP address when you’re using its services to ensure it’s ‘pinging’ from a country where its services are available.
If it’s not, you’ll lose access to anything that’s not licensed in the country you’re in. Thankfully, there's an easy way to get around such geoblocks.
You can bypass geo-restrictions on Kindle Fire by using a VPN. While using a VPN, your data will be encrypted and you can tunnel it through a secure server in a country where all Kindle Fire features are offered. This will give you access to the full array of Kindle Fire content.
That’s Not All a VPN Can Do
Besides bypassing geo-restrictions, a premium VPN also offers you many other benefits:
- Shielding your online activity – A VPN helps you browse the internet privately by masking your IP address and preventing people from snooping at your online activity. Most good VPN providers also provide ad and malware blocking programs as part of their service, meaning you're protected from almost every angle.
- Keeping you safe on public wi-fi – Because the Kindle Fire is a portable device, you’ll likely carry it around and use it in public areas. If you’re planning on using wi-fi, you’ll be glad to have a VPN to encrypt all of your data, preventing hackers from being able to intercept it.
- Making your Kindle Fire a better travel companion – Geo-restrictions also affect Kindle Fire owners who are traveling. You might have full access to all of the Kindle apps and data in your home country, but during your vacation or work trips, you suddenly won't. A VPN helps you solve this problem.
Best VPNs for Kindle Fire
There are a few different methods for installing VPNs on your Kindle Fire, all relatively easy. When you have picked a VPN that suits you, you’ll find setup support for your Kindle on your chosen VPN provider’s website.
The following VPN services are highly recommended by users and are compatible with the Kindle Fire.
Tested February 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
ExpressVPN is popular for its high-speed servers, reliability, and dedicated 24/7 customer service. This provider is a little more expensive than other VPN providers, but its overall quality makes it well worth the price.
With 3,000 servers in over 160 locations and TrustedServer technology, you’ll have no trouble accessing all of the apps on Kindle Fire.
ExpressVPN also offers military-grade AES-256 bit encryption, a no-logs policy, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and OpenVPN support across every available platform.
You can use ExpressVPN across 5 devices simultaneously. Try it out for yourself with the 30-day money-back guarantee. If you decide to subscribe, why not save some money with our coupon code!
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost is recognized by fans as a great choice for those who want to strike a balance between price and high-quality features.
This provider offers an intuitive interface along with 9,753 servers 91 countries, granting you access to all the Kindle Fire apps you need.
CyberGhost also has great security features, including 256-bit AES encryption on the OpenVPN protocol, an automatic kill switch, a no-logs policy, built-in malware and ad-blocking software, as well as DNS and IP leak protection.
You'll be able to connect up to 7 devices at once, and you can try the VPN for yourself with the 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes, the dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
PrivateVPN is a relatively new VPN that has quickly gained a good reputation as a reliable VPN service.
With 200 self-owned and super-fast servers in 63 different countries, PrivateVPN is perfect for streaming, downloading, and unblocking geo-restricted content.
Boasting military-grade AES-256 encryption with support for multiple protocols, IPv6, DNS leak protection, and a handy Stealth mode designed to get past any VPN blocks, you’ll be safe as you access all features of the Kindle Fire while using PrivateVPN.
PrivateVPN has a no-logs policy and a kill switch, and allows you to connect up to 10 devices at once.
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
If you live in (or are visiting) a country where Amazon has not yet extended its support for the Kindle Fire, and you don’t want to wait years for it to finish with all the licensing approvals, then a VPN is a great investment. ExpressVPN is our top choice for use with your Kindle Fire!
Using a premium VPN will help you get the most out of your Kindle Fire while keeping your online activity safe and private.
Want some help deciding which VPN to choose? Check out How to Choose the Best VPN – 8 Tips for VPN Beginners.
If you’d like to browse more VPN options, we’ve found and tested the top ten.
To summarize, the best VPNs for Kindle Fire from anywhere in 2023 are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.