How to Cancel PureVPN in 2022: Get a Refund
- Quick Guide: How to Cancel PureVPN and Get a Full Refund in 3 Easy Steps
- Step-By-Step: How to Cancel PureVPN in 2022 and Get a Refund
- Best Alternatives to PureVPN in 2022
- ExpressVPN — High-End Privacy Features to Keep You Safe Online
- CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers to Easily Bypass Geoblocks
- IPVanish — Unlimited Connection Allowance to Cover All Your Devices
- FAQs on Canceling PureVPN and Getting a Refund
PureVPN gives you a generous money-back guarantee to claim a refund if you're not happy with the service — even on its cheaper plans. You need to answer a few questions, but overall it’s a straightforward process with a little perseverance.
Once you’ve canceled, it’s vital to stay protected online with today’s growing cyber threats. These alternative services have been thoroughly tested and may work better for you. All of them stand by their money-back guarantees.
Want the best VPN with a better zero-logs policy and even faster connections? ExpressVPN offers world-class security and online privacy, alongside lightning-fast speeds. You also have the opportunity to try ExpressVPN risk-free, thanks to the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Cancel PureVPN and Get a Full Refund in 3 Easy Steps
- Log in. Start by signing in to the PureVPN website to access your account.
- Request a refund via live chat. You can access this 24/7. Ask the agent to cancel your subscription and issue a refund.
- Receive your money. Once confirmed, your money is refunded within 7 days.
Step-By-Step: How to Cancel PureVPN in 2022 and Get a Refund
To initiate your refund, you need to carry out these steps by contacting customer support on PureVPN's live chat or email ticket system. I chose the live chat option, but both methods are quick to respond and easy to use.
Just remember to cancel your account and request your refund within PureVPN's 31-day money-back guarantee period. This applies to all types of subscriptions — even its supercheap 7-day trial.
How to Request a Refund Via Live Chat
- Log In to Your PureVPN Account. You need to log in to your PureVPN account to access live chat and request your cancellation/refund.
- Open Live Chat. Once logged in to your account, you’ll see the live chat button in the right-hand bottom corner.
- Request Your Cancellation and Refund. When you're connected to a support agent, tell them that you'd like to cancel your account and request a refund.
- Persevere. Although PureVPN says that they have a "No Questions Asked Refund Policy," they do ask why you want to leave. They might also try to tempt you to stay with various offers. Be prepared to reiterate that you want to cancel your account and request a refund — sometimes more than once.
- Await Your Refund. Your account has now been canceled and your refund request initiated. As you can see from the chat, you should receive your money back within 5 to 7 working days. I received a full refund after 6 days. Although no more money should come from your account, you can also cancel recurring payments with your bank to be extra careful.
How to Request a Refund Via Email
Alternatively, you can cancel your account and request your money back via email. Contact the support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include a reason for your request to avoid them asking you again.
You will most likely find live chat quicker and easier, as you can answer their questions immediately.
Best Alternatives to PureVPN in 2022
- 3,000 servers in 94 countries
- Lightning-fast speeds
- RAM-based servers, unlike PureVPN
- Accepts cryptocurrency, PureVPN doesn't
- 5 simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Sony Crackle, HBO GO, Hulu, Vudu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers
If you're concerned about the accuracy of PureVPN's no-log policy, try ExpressVPN instead. I delved into ExpressVPN's small print to find out that it has a strict zero-logs policy. It doesn't store any information about you at all besides your email address and payment information, so your browsing stays private. You can even pay with cryptocurrency if you want extra anonymity.
AES 256-bit encryption locks down your VPN connection to make sure no one can hack or monitor your traffic and online behavior. ExpressVPN performed well in my DNS and IP leak tests, demonstrating that it won't leak identifying info like your true IP address or DNS requests.
Your safety is backed by TrustedServer technology. ExpressVPN's servers only run on RAM (that means it never stores any of your data on its hardware). Since RAM is wiped every time the server restarts, ExpressVPN is physically incapable of logging, keeping, or passing on any information about you or your usage. This is more secure than PureVPN, which uses standard servers.
I didn't require the kill switch feature during my tests, as I never lost connection to the VPN, but it was good to know it was there to prevent my identifying information from exposure if I did.
All of ExpressVPN's servers are ultra-fast. I ran speed tests on 7 different ExpressVPN servers with impressive results. On average, my connection dropped just 29% and I didn't notice much difference from my base speed AU connection. Even the slowest speed I recorded — 22.46 Mbps on the manual connect UK server — is nearly 5 times faster than the speed you need to stream Netflix in HD.
I was able to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, Hulu, and many other providers while connected to ExpressVPN – all with no buffering.
|Base speed AU||4 ms||41.49 Mbps||18.64 Mbps|
|Quick connect AU server||25 ms||33.80 Mbps||16.17 Mbps|
|Quick connect US server||219 ms||30.00 Mbps||14.32 Mbps|
|Manual connect US server||260 ms||27.89 Mbps||13.29 Mbps|
|Quick connect UK server||308 ms||29.83 Mbps||14.03 Mbps|
|Manual connect UK server||320 ms||22.46 Mbps||12.49 Mbps|
|Quick connect FR server||300 ms||32.17 Mbps||14.30 Mbps|
|Quick connect BR server||363 ms||29.79 Mbps||1.94 Mbps|
If you need help with any of ExpressVPN's features, I found its 24/7 live chat team to be very knowledgeable when I asked a question. You can connect up to 5 devices to ExpressVPN at the same time and the support team can assist you with anything from installation to setup.
It’s a little bit on the pricier side, at $6.67/month. However, this is made up for with the regular discounts and freebies ExpressVPN offers. For example, I got 49% off and 3 months of extra service for free.
The trustworthy 30-day money-back guarantee has been tried-and-tested. I used the live chat to ask for a refund, and it was approved right away. There was no pressure to stay at all. It only took 3 days for the money to hit my credit card.
- 8,002 servers in 91 countries
- Streaming-optimized servers for easy viewing
- Fast speeds
- Blocks ads, tracking, and malware, similar to PureVPN
- 7 simultaneous connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee, 2 weeks longer than PureVPN
- Works with: BBC iPlayer, Sling TV, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Vudu, Disney+, HBO GO
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Firefox, routers
Streaming is easy with CyberGhost, as it offers streaming-optimized servers for popular platforms. I searched the list for Netflix and CyberGhost showed me its range of servers specialized to work with Netflix in different countries. I had no trouble bypassing geoblocks in my ExpressVPN tests, and found it easier to use for streaming than PureVPN.
I also streamed successfully with its servers optimized for Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO, BBC iPlayer, and more.
CyberGhost's giant network spread across 91 countries returns good speeds across the board. My local quick connect AU server gave me just a 4% drop in speed — almost exactly as fast as my base speed AU connection and perfect for smooth streaming.
|Base speed AU||3 ms||36.50 Mbps||17.86 Mbps|
|Quick connect AU server||15 ms||35.17 Mbps||13.95 Mbps|
|Quick connect US server||191 ms||24.82 Mbps||5.00 Mbps|
|Manual connect US server||210 ms||21.90 Mbps||3.20 Mbps|
|Quick connect UK server||332 ms||12.46 Mbps||5.70 Mbps|
|Manual connect UK server||380 ms||11.29 Mbps||3.20 Mbps|
|Quick connect FR server||268 ms||7.99 Mbps||2.10 Mbps|
|Quick connect BR server||488 ms||10.36 Mbps||5.57 Mbps|
Military-grade encryption keeps you safe from snoops and hackers. I like that its kill switch is automatic so you don't need to do any configuration for protection in the event of a dropout. It also has a strict no-logs policy and won't store or pass on any information about you.
CyberGhost did well in my leak tests. I didn't find a single IP or DNS leak across all of the servers I tested. I was also impressed with its built-in ad, malware, and tracking blockers — I was able to stream content with no annoying or untimely popups.
I tried downloading CyberGhost apps on 4 of my devices, and found its apps intuitive and user-friendly. From the installation process to its one-click connect feature that gets you up and running in seconds, it was very straightforward.
One small observation is that speeds aren't always consistent for more distant locations. When I connected to a server in France, for example, my download speed dropped to 7.99 Mbps. Despite this, you only need 5 Mbps to stream your Netflix account in HD with no buffering.
Long-term subscriptions can be had for only $2.29/month. This is great value for money, and the better option over the shorter plans.
Unlike other VPNs, CyberGhost gives you a generous 45-day money-back guarantee. That's weeks longer than PureVPN, and ample time to test CyberGhost out for free. I arranged a refund via live chat after canceling auto-renewal on my account. The money reached my PayPal account just 4 days later.
- 2,000 servers in 75 countries
- High-end encryption
- Decent speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections (better than PureVPN’s device limit)
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, smart TVs, and more
IPVanish generously allows Unlimited connections, so you can use the VPN’s features on all your devices. I tested IPVanish on 7 devices (including my Windows laptop, iOS phone, and Android tablet) without any problems. This means you can stay safe online and bypass geoblocks on multiple devices simultaneously.
I got consistently fast speeds, more than enough for buffer-free streaming. Even my lowest speed was still over 5 Mbps. This means you can watch your favorite Netflix or Disney+ shows in HD without any annoying interruptions.
Security features are top-notch, too. AES 256-bit encryption and a kill switch keep your browsing secure, even if your VPN connection drops. I didn’t find any IP/DNS leaks, so your location isn’t exposed. Combined with the no-logs policy, IPVanish gives your privacy a significant boost.
The VPN doesn’t currently accept cryptocurrency payments. This isn’t a problem though, as it takes all major forms of payment including PayPal. I recommend a long-term IPVanish subscription for only $3.99/month.
There’s a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee. It wasn’t any hassle to cancel and claim a refund. I simply logged in to my account to cancel, and my PayPal was credited in 5 days.
FAQs on Canceling PureVPN and Getting a Refund
What is PureVPN’s refund policy?
If you cancel within the 31-day guarantee period, you can get a refund. Make sure you contact PureVPN via live chat to speed up this process. To maintain your online safety, it’s advisable to find an alternative VPN quickly.
How long does it take to get my refund from PureVPN?
PureVPN states that refunds should take 5 - 7 working days. This may vary depending on your financial institution, but as long as you request a refund within the 31 days you will usually get your money within this time. While you’re waiting, why not ensure you’re still protected by choosing an alternative VPN.
PureVPN works brilliantly for some people but it didn't work for you. That's no problem since you can quickly and easily get a full refund thanks to its 31-day money-back guarantee. You might have to answer a few questions first, but overall, I found the cancelation and refund process fairly straightforward.
It's not a good idea to stay unprotected online for long though. Once your refund from PureVPN has been confirmed, I recommend switching to ExpressVPN instead of having no VPN. It's the fastest service I've ever used, and it's brilliant for streaming, torrenting, and safe browsing. Best of all, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free as it's backed by its own trustworthy 30-day money-back guarantee.
To summarize, the best alternatives to PureVPN are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.