How To Get a Brazil IP Address Anywhere — Working In 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Get a Brazil IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Get a Brazil IP From Anywhere in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Fast Speeds to Browse Brazilian Websites Uninterrupted
- CyberGhost — Optimized Servers to Torrent and Game in Brazil Safely
- Private Internet Access — Many Simultaneous Device Connections to Access Brazilian Websites on All Your Devices
- NordVPN — Top-Notch Security to Keep You Safe When Using a Brazil IP Address
- Surfshark — Intuitive Interface to Easily Get a Brazil IP Address
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Brazil IP Address
- FAQs on Getting a Brazil IP Address With a VPN
- Get a Brazil IP Address in Minutes
It's frustrating that some Brazilian sites are blocked while traveling abroad. A VPN lets you access your local bank accounts and local news sites from anywhere. Once you connect to a server in Brazil, sites like Nubank or OLX will only see your Brazil IP and grant you access.
After testing 40+ VPNs, my team and I found the most secure VPNs offering Brazil IP addresses to protect online privacy when using local services. Plus, they're easy to set up and use on the most popular operating systems.
ExpressVPN came out on top with fast servers throughout Brazil for uninterrupted banking, torrenting, and browsing. Plus, you can test ExpressVPN without risk since it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re unsatisfied, simply ask for a refund.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Brazil IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. ExpressVPN is my top recommendation. It has impressive speeds for uninterrupted browsing of Brazilian websites and robust security features to keep you safe online.
- Connect to a server in Brazil. This gives you a Brazil IP address, so it appears as if you're browsing from within the country.
- Start browsing. Access Brazilian sites and online bank services from anywhere in the world.
Why You Need a VPN to Get a Brazil IP
When you open a site like OLX or Serasa, it checks your IP address to know your location. If you have a foreign IP address, some Brazilian sites block you from accessing their services or redirect you to a local version of the website.
A VPN gives you a Brazil IP address and hides your actual location. When you connect to a location in Brazil, the VPN routes your traffic through its servers. This is called VPN tunneling, and it gives you a Brazil IP. Any website that checks your IP will only see the Brazil one and will assume you’re in the country. So, you can access Brazilian news sites and government services from anywhere.
A VPN also encrypts your traffic so that you can access Brazilian sites safely and keep your online activity confidential. This is especially useful when using public WiFi or completing transactions on your Brazilian online bank account.
Best VPNs to Get a Brazil IP From Anywhere in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Quick loading times ensure you won't have to wait long for web pages to load
|With only a 22% speed drop, it is the fastest VPN I tested
|3,000 servers in 105 countries, including 2 server locations in Brazil
|SBT, Record, Globo, Telecine Play, Looke, Netflix Brazil, Fox Sports, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and more
With its innovative Lightway protocol, ExpressVPN ensures a fast and reliable connection, minimizing lag and interruptions. It's designed to handle network switches seamlessly without dropping the VPN connection. This makes it perfect for enjoying local Brazilian content when moving between WiFi and mobile data. During testing, my speed slowed from 127.86Mbps to 98.89Mbps.
Its strong security and privacy features keep your data and online activities private as you use Brazilian sites and services. It uses AES 256-bit encryption — the strongest available — to protect your traffic from prying eyes. It also follows a strict no-logs policy, so no one can see your browsing activity. Threat Manager enhances your security by preventing websites and apps from sharing information with online trackers.
All ExpressVPN’s servers allow P2P file sharing, making it an excellent choice if you regularly download torrent files. Plus, it has no bandwidth limitations, so you can download as many files as you want. I tested and confirmed that it works with all popular torrenting platforms, including uTorrent, Vuze, qBitTorrent, Deluge, and Transmission.
The only drawback is that it’s a few dollars more expensive than the other VPNs I’ve listed. Prices start at $6.67/month. However, ExpressVPN offers regular deals and discounts that help you save. I paid 49% less on my long-term subscription and got 3 months of service free. You can also simultaneously use the VPN on up to 8 devices under 1 subscription.
All plans also have a 30-day money-back guarantee. When I contacted its 24/7 live chat for a refund, they asked me questions about my experience with the app before proceeding with my request. They issued me a full refund to my bank account after 2 business days.
- Easy-to-use apps. ExpressVPN is designed with user-friendliness in mind, making it simple to safeguard your online activity. I installed it on my Windows laptop and connected to a Brazil server in 4 minutes.
- Split tunneling. You can route some of your traffic through the VPN while the rest uses your regular internet connection. For example, you can use the VPN to browse Brazil sites safely while your food delivery app uses your real IP so that you don’t lose access to it.
- Network Lock. ExpressVPN’s kill switch feature automatically shuts off your internet connection if your VPN goes down unexpectedly. This prevents accidental data leaks.
- Support for Portuguese and Spanish. You can change the ExpressVPN app language to Portuguese or Spanish, though this is only available on macOS and Windows.
- RAM-based servers. ExpressVPN’s servers run on volatile memory rather than hard drives, so they don’t save your data. The servers are wiped with every reboot, keeping you safe and secure even in a security breach.
|Specialized servers are regularly tested to ensure they work with Brazilian websites
|23% speed loss, excellent for torrenting and browsing with Brazilian IP
|11,683 servers in 100 countries, including 60+ servers in Brazil
|SBT, Record, Globo, Telecine Play, Looke, Netflix Brazil, Fox Sports, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and more
CyberGhost has servers optimized servers for specific tasks, like torrenting and gaming. Expand the app, click For Gaming or For Torrenting on the left-hand panel, and type your country into the search box. I didn’t experience any connectivity issues when testing these servers. I connected to a torrenting one on my first attempt and downloaded a 2GB copyright-free movie in about a minute.
With Smart Rules, you can customize the VPN to suit your needs. For example, you can set the VPN to automatically connect to a server in Brazil when you open a specific app, such as OLX. Additionally, you can set exceptions for apps you don’t want to use the VPN connection, such as your banking app.
Just keep in mind that CyberGhost’s short-term plans are relatively expensive. However, you can get up to 84% off its longest subscription, which starts at $2.03/month.
Thanks to its generous money-back guarantee, you can test CyberGhost free for 45 days. I contacted its 24/7 live chat team to cancel my subscription and claim a refund. My money was credited to my PayPal account within 5 days.
- Intuitively designed apps. CyberGhost makes getting a Brazilian IP address easy — scroll down the alphabetized list of servers, choose Brazil, and click the large power button.
- 7 Simultaneous connections. Secure all your devices at once while enjoying Brazilian services and websites from abroad.
- P2P-optimized servers. CyberGhost has torrenting-optimized servers in Brazil that give you robust security, DNS leak protection, and fast speeds.
- Privacy Guard. Switching this on enhances your privacy by letting you choose the kind of data your operating system and other apps on your device collect.
- Content Blocker. This feature blocks domains associated with online trackers, ads, and malware, allowing you to use a Brazil IP safely and without interruptions from unwanted ads.
3. Private Internet Access — Many Simultaneous Device Connections to Access Brazilian Websites on All Your Devices
|Unlimited simultaneous device connections under a single subscription
|44% speed loss. Not as fast as the other VPNs, but still good for browsing and torrenting
|29,650 servers in 91 countries, including Brazil
|SBT, Record, Globo, Telecine Play, Looke, Netflix Brazil, Fox Sports, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and more
With PIA, everyone in your household can access Brazilian websites at the same time since it supports unlimited device connections. I tested this by connecting my Windows laptop, PC, and several smartphones, all torrenting different content at once. Impressively, there was no decline in connection speed, and the download continued flawlessly.
You can also customize settings to optimize your connection for speed or security. It offers a selection of VPN protocols and encryption levels. For maximum speed, the WireGuard protocol is suggested. On the other hand, if your prime focus is security, utilizing the OpenVPN protocol along with AES 256-bit encryption would be best.
I was concerned that the VPN's headquarters are in the US, in the heart of the 5 Eyes Alliance — a group of countries that share data on their citizens. However, PIA’s audited no-logs policy means none of your data gets collected or shared, not even if requested by a government.
You can get a long-term plan for $2.03/month and try PIA before committing thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee. I tested its refund policy by asking the 24/7 live chat support agent to cancel my subscription. They agreed, no questions asked, and I got a refund on my credit card that same week.
- MACE ad and malicious site blocker. A very useful feature for ad-free browsing. It also blocks domains associated with malware.
- IP/DNS leak protection. This feature ensures your online identity and activity stay private. I tested PIA for leaks and detected none.
- Advanced kill switch. Besides the regular kill switch, PIA also has an advanced kill switch that blocks traffic from going outside the VPN even when switched off.
- Support for Portuguese. Like ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, PIA is available in Portuguese. You can easily change the language in the general settings tab.
|Robust security features to maintain your privacy while surfing Brazil websites
|A 25% average speed loss didn't cause any noticeable delays
|6,088 servers in 61 countries, including 20+ servers in Brazil
NordVPN is a great choice if you want maximum security when accessing local Brazilian services. It uses virtually uncrackable 256-bit AES encryption to ensure no one can decode and read your traffic. It also has DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak protection, so your online activity and identity won't get revealed. I tested NordVPN for leaks on dnsleaktest.com and didn't find any.
It also has a Threat Protection feature that safeguards you against trackers and malware. It does this by scanning your downloads and blocking any suspicious files. This feature works even when you’re not connected to the VPN. NordVPN has a Dark Web Monitor, too, which notifies you in case your email, contacts, passwords, or other sensitive data leaks on the Dark Web.
When I first used the Windows app, NordVPN had the disadvantage of taking a longer time to connect to a server. However, this issue was resolved after rebooting the system. After the connection was successfully established, the browsing speeds were commendable and there were no lags encountered.
Long-term plans are available at $3.39/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee. There are also shorter plans (monthly and yearly), but they cost more without additional benefits.
- Independently-audited no-logs policy. NordVPN is committed to keeping what you do online anonymous. Like ExpxressVPN, it also uses RAM-only servers that delete your data with every reboot. Plus, it's headquartered in Panama, which isn’t a member of any intelligence-sharing alliance.
- Secure and fast NordLynx. This is NordVPN’s own protocol that is based on WireGuard. It gives you faster speeds, and more reliable connections, without compromising security.
- Meshnet. You can use this to set up secure LAN networks for multiple devices, even if they’re not in the same location. It’s great for playing multiplayer games and sharing files securely.
|Well-designed apps, so beginners can quickly get a Brazil IP
|Decent speeds with an average loss of 30%
|3,200 servers in 100 countries, including Brazil
Surfshark's user-friendly apps make it straightforward to get a Brazil IP address. It took me just over 5 minutes to download and install it on my MacBook Pro. Because the interface is simple and intuitive, connecting to a server only takes a few seconds.
Like PIA, you can also connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously. My connection was fast and reliable on every device, even when I connected various smartphones, an iPad, and a Windows laptop at the same time. This feature is great for families traveling together, enabling everyone to enjoy their preferred Brazilian content without needing separate VPN subscriptions.
While it's not as speedy as ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, I had concerns about potential delays when loading pages. However, even though the pages loaded a bit slower, I was able to enjoy most websites without any interruptions.
Surfshark subscriptions start at $2.89/month. It also has 30-day money-back guarantee that lets you test-drive its Brazil IP address risk-free.
- Rotating IP. When you turn this on, Surfshark automatically changes your IP address every few minutes while keeping you connected to a server in Brazil. This makes it harder for advertisers and hackers to monitor your online behavior.
- Bypasser. Activating Bypasser lets you choose which apps you want to use a Brazil IP and those you want to use your regular internet connection. This is useful when accessing your geoblocked accounts from abroad while enjoying faster speeds on apps that don't require a Brazil IP.
- CleanWeb feature. This feature protects you against trackers, ads, malware, phishing attempts, and other online threats. It blocks all intrusive ads that slow down your web browsing and compromise privacy.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Brazil IP Address
In selecting a VPN, make sure to thoroughly assess each choice to confirm it aligns with your requirements. Every VPN mentioned in this list offers servers in Brazil, high-speed connectivity, and strong security and privacy functionalities. You can refer to the testing criteria I've provided below to aid you in making a well-informed selection.
- Reliable servers in Brazil. A VPN can only give you a Brazil IP address if it has servers in the country. The more servers in the country, the faster your speed and the more stable your connection.
- Fast speeds. Look for a VPN with high-speed connections and unlimited bandwidth. This is essential for smooth browsing.
- Unblocking capabilities. I made sure these VPNs can access popular websites in Brazil, such as OLX, Nubank, and Manga Livre.
- World-class security features. The VPN should offer robust security features such as 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy to keep your data secure.
- Ease of use. Look for a VPN that is quick to install, with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to connect to a server in Brazil.
- Trusted money-back guarantee. Opt for a VPN provider that offers a money-back guarantee. This allows you to try the service risk-free and determine if it meets your needs.
- Outstanding customer service. Make sure the service is available 24/7 to assist you with setup, troubleshooting, and any questions you may have.
FAQs on Getting a Brazil IP Address With a VPN
Is using a Brazil IP address legal?
Yes, it’s legal to use a Brazil IP address in most countries. All you need is a reliable VPN with servers in Brazil. Launch your VPN and connect to a Brazil server to get a Brazil IP address. However, be careful of using a VPN in places that either restrict or ban the use of such services, such as China, Russia, and Belarus.
Note that accessing Brazilian streaming libraries from different countries using a VPN breaches the streaming platform's terms of service and could be seen as copyright infringement. At vpnMentor, we don't condone illegal activity. It's solely your responsibility to use the VPN in compliance with the relevant rules and laws.
Can I use a free VPN to change my IP address to Brazil?
It's possible, but free VPNs often have limited servers, resulting in slow speeds. Also, if the VPN doesn't have servers in Brazil, you won't be able to get a Brazil IP address. A premium VPN with a global network and a money-back guarantee is a more reliable alternative.
Most free VPNs also lack robust security features, such as military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and advanced protocols. They are also known to sell users' data, a massive privacy breach.
How do I see if I'm using a Brazil IP address?
Several online tools allow you to check your IP address and location, like vpnMentor's free IP lookup tool. First, connect to a VPN and choose a server in Brazil. Then, open your web browser and visit an IP-checking website. If your location shows you to be somewhere in Brazil, your IP address was successfully changed.
What other ways are there to get a Brazil IP address (aside from a VPN)?
You can also get a Brazil IP address using a proxy server or a Smart DNS service. But keep in mind that both of them lack robust security features, so a VPN is the most secure way to get a Brazil IP address. Proxy servers and Smart DNS services can unblock geo-restricted sites in Brazil, but they won’t secure your data or keep you anonymous.
Another method is to use the Tor browser. It’s a highly secure browser that journalists and whistleblowers use to protect sensitive data and is free to use. However, it’s very slow because of its extra encryption, so it’s not recommended for everyday use. It also takes some advanced setup to specify where your VPN comes from, since it assigns IPs at random usually. Therefore, using a VPN is the best option.
Can I use a VPN to watch Brazilian television?
Yes, you can use a VPN to watch Brazilian television. While in Brazil, simply download a VPN and connect to a Brazilian server. This will let you securely watch SBT, Record, Globo, Netflix Brazil, and other streaming platforms without fearing your speed will be throttled by ISPs.
While VPNs could allow you to get a Brazilian IP address when you’re in another country, this breaks the terms and conditions of streaming platforms everywhere and could be seen as copyright infringement.
Why do I need a Brazil IP address?
A Brazil IP address allows you to access local websites and services when abroad, including news portals and e-commerce platforms. A premium VPN can easily provide you with a Brazil IP. Moreover, using a Brazilian IP address allows seamless access to Brazilian banks that restrict online banking services from foreign IPs for security reasons.
Get a Brazil IP Address in Minutes
Obtaining a Brazil IP address from any location becomes effortless with a reliable VPN that possesses servers within the country. Once connected to a Brazil server, you gain the ability to access local websites as if you were physically present there, all the while ensuring the protection of your online privacy.
ExpressVPN is my top recommended VPN for a Brazil IP due to its exceptional speeds, global server network (including in Brazil), and robust security features. You can try out ExpressVPN's Brazilian servers with peace of mind, thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee. You can request a full refund if it doesn't meet your expectations.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs to get a Brazil IP address...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.