How to Get a Croatia IP Address from Anywhere in 2020 [+VIDEO]
If you have trouble watching Oyo or accessing your Croatian bank accounts from outside Croatia, you might need to change your IP address. Many services and websites use IP address information to decide what content to show you.
If you want to get past these filters, called geoblocks, you need a new IP address in Croatia. The safest, easiest tool to use is a high-quality VPN with Croatian servers.
With the right VPN, you can get a secure Croatian IP address with a few clicks. Read on to find out how it’s done, and which VPN providers we recommend based on our independent testing.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Croatian IP Address with a VPN
- Choose a VPN with servers in Croatia. We recommend NordVPN for speed and security.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in Croatia.
- Check your new IP address using our special tool.
Table of Contents
- How a VPN Can Get You a Croatia IP Address
- What Else Can a VPN Do for You? Unlock Websites & Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi
- How to Choose the Best VPN for You: Look For These Features
- The Best VPNs to Get a Croatia IP Address
A VPN establishes an encrypted connection, known as a VPN tunnel, between your computer and a private server. When your internet traffic is redirected through the server you select, it takes on the server’s IP and location information.
This process hides your own IP address and actual location. Websites are tricked into thinking you’re in Croatia because your traffic displays the Croatian IP address of the VPN server.
With your new IP, you’ll have unlimited access to content normally only available to users in Croatia. That’s a great thing, but it’s only the beginning of what a top VPN does for you.
In addition to unlocking geo-restricted Croatian sites, premium VPNs use the best available security features to protect your sensitive data, even on public wi-fi networks. No one, not even Google or your ISP, will be able to track your activity.
A premium VPN with lots of servers worldwide lets you switch your apparent location easily and securely. With this trick, you can unblock and stream content restricted to different regions around the world.
US Netflix, Hulu, and the BBC iPlayer are just some of the popular streaming services that you can reach with the right VPN. Australian tennis coverage and the best of Japanese anime will also be at your fingertips.
There are other ways to change your IP address, but we don’t recommend them due to security risks and performance issues. Free VPNs and proxies are not reliable choices for streaming. Popular streaming sites use proxy IP blockers that only the best VPNs can bypass.
There are many other reasons to be careful which VPN you choose. Streaming sites aren’t the only services that decide what to show you based on your IP. Your social media feeds, search engine results, and access to financial services are all affected by your location.
So if you’re learning Croatian, have bills to pay in the country, or are researching Croatian business markets, you need a Croatian IP from a good VPN. It’s the only safe way to get unfiltered access to local content and services.
- Servers in Croatia: To get a Croatian IP address, you need access to at least one VPN server in Croatia.
- High-speed connections: If you want to stream and download videos, look for unlimited bandwidth and fast servers.
- Strong encryption: Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption is the most secure form of data protection available today.
- Cross-platform apps: The best VPNs offer user-friendly apps for all major platforms. You won’t have to relearn how to use the VPN every time you pick up a new device.
- Advanced security features: A kill switch, an ad blocker, and DNS and IPv6 leak prevention add additional layers of protection you can’t get with a low-end service.
NordVPN has a huge and growing network, now with over 5,500 servers in 62 countries worldwide. The 12 servers in Croatia are fast and ultra-reliable. All NordVPN apps include a user-friendly map interface that makes changing locations one-click simple.
If you don’t know which server you should use, NordVPN can do the hard work for you. Quick Connect and SmartPlay features automatically select the best server for your purpose, even switching your location instantly when necessary for streaming.
NordVPN also offers some of the best security features on the market. The CyberSec feature blocks ads and malware, and an advanced kill switch feature immediately stops all transmissions and locks down your data if your connection drops.
If you want to try NordVPN out, you can sign up under the 30-day money-back guarantee, knowing that you haven’t risked anything.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
ExpressVPN has a well-earned reputation for speed and unblocking capabilities, making it a top choice for streaming. Based on our own tests, all ExpressVPN apps easily bypass the famously tricky Netflix and BBC iPlayer blocks.
To protect user privacy, ExpressVPN doesn’t release detailed information about its server network. However, we have confirmed that the network includes at least one server location in Croatia, with several Croatian IP addresses to choose from.
Native ExpressVPN apps are available for iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, Linux, game consoles, and more. It’s easy to select a Croatian server and connect, and 24/7 customer support is available via live chat if you ever have any problems.
ExpressVPN uses military-grade AES encryption, one of the most reliable kill switches in the industry, and at least three forms of leak protection. New users can take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee, with a no-questions-asked refund policy.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Surfshark is a recent arrival in the VPN market, but it has already attracted loyal users worldwide with blazing server speeds and user-friendly apps. The network of 500 servers across the globe includes a server location in Zagreb.
Like most new VPNs, Surfshark makes big claims about unblocking streaming sites. But while many competitors fail to do what they say, our in-house tests prove Surfshark delivers on all its promises. It reliably unlocks Netflix, Hulu, and many more popular services.
Surfshark uses AES 256-bit encryption and offers a double VPN (multi-layer encryption) option for extra protection. Add in a kill switch and leak protection, and you have a great VPN choice if you use public wi-fi networks or make payments online.
One affordable subscription protects an unlimited number of devices, a huge bonus in the premium VPN world. New users can sign up with the peace of mind of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.