How to Get a Libya IP Address from Anywhere in 2020 [+VIDEO]
If you are outside Libya, you could have problems watching Libya Alhurra TV or streaming episodes of The Path on OSN. You might also run into restrictions on your use of bank accounts in Libya.
Some Libyan websites check your IP address to see where you are. If they see a foreign IP, they deny you access. To get around these geoblocks, you need a Libyan IP address. Unfortunately, most services that offer IP addresses in Libya are not safe to use.
We tested hundreds of service providers to find the only premium VPN that unlocks geo-restricted Libyan websites. Sites that recommend other IP-changing options for Libya are steering you toward services that can’t be trusted or simply won’t work.
We’ll show you how to use a trusted VPN to get a Libya IP safely in a few easy steps. In no time, you’ll be watching Libyan TV and securely paying your bills in Libyan dinars.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Libya IP Address with a VPN
- Sign up for HMA VPN,the only reliable VPN with servers in Libya.
- Download the VPN software and install it on your computer/device.
- Launch the software and connect to a server in Libya.
- Check your new IP address using our special tool.
Table of Contents
- Find Out How a VPN Can Get You a Libya IP Address
- A Good VPN Does a Lot More Than Change Your IP Address
- What to Look For – Essential Features All Safe VPNs Have
- The Best VPN to Get a Libya IP Address
The best VPNs thoroughly encrypt your internet traffic and redirect it through a secure, remote server. Any website that receives your traffic sees only the VPN server’s IP address instead of yours.
When you connect to a VPN server in Libya, your activity shows a Libya IP address. It will appear as though you’re accessing the internet from within the country.
The challenge is to find a server in Libya that you can use safely. We’ll show you how our experts solved that problem. First, here’s a look at a few more of the many benefits of using a high-quality VPN service.
If you use messaging apps or VoIP to stay in touch with loved ones in Libya, you should be aware that Libyan authorities may spy on your communication. Libya’s government heavily censors and monitors internet activity within the country.
However, if you use a Libyan IP from a trustworthy VPN, it will look like your friends and family are communicating with someone inside the country. They will be much less likely to attract the government’s attention.
A quality VPN’s end-to-end encryption also protects you from hacking, data collection by advertisers, and DoS and malware attacks. Your devices and sensitive information will be safe everywhere, even if you use public wi-fi to work remotely.
There are a few proxy services that offer IP addresses in Libya, but we can’t recommend them because of their major security weaknesses. Many free proxies use peer-to-peer (P2P) networks that can expose your connection to cybercriminals.
Free IP changers also use weaker encryption than premium VPNs. That makes it easy for surveillance agents to spot a phony IP address and block you. If that happens, you’ll be worse off than you were with your original IP.
The premium VPN we recommend to get an IP in Libya will give you complete privacy and anonymity online. However, when you use your Libya IP, you’ll find that a lot of your favorite international content is blocked by government censorship.
That’s where server switching comes in. A top-rated VPN gives you easy, unlimited server switching so you can get all the content you need in Libya, plus unrestricted access to US Netflix, the BBC iPlayer, and other popular services around the world.
- Servers in Libya: Only a VPN provider with at least one server in Libya can give you a safe Libyan IP address.
- Advanced Security: Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and leak prevention protect you against government surveillance and cyber attacks.
- Unblocking Capabilities: VPNs that can access heavily blocked services like US Netflix, Hulu, and Sky Go will have no trouble unblocking any content you need in Libya.
- Excellent Customer Support: A reliable VPN offers a live chat option and easy-to-find online resources in case you need assistance.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Make sure to choose a VPN without usage caps so you can stream, download, and surf without limits.
Before we recommend any VPN, we put it to the test. In this case, only one premium service has all the essential features listed above.
Committed to making a safe, free internet available to everyone on Earth, HMA has created a network spanning over 190 countries. The two servers in Libya will both give you secure Libyan IPs.
Users love HMA for its easy-to-use apps for all major platforms. Simply choose the preconfigured Location Mode to connect to a Libyan server instantly. You’ll be protected by military-grade AES encryption, leak protection, and a kill switch.
When censorship gets in your way, choose the Freedom Mode to automatically switch to a server in a country with free speech protection. This unique feature makes HMA an excellent VPN choice whenever you or your loved ones are inside Libya.
HMA has a solid record of unblocking streaming services worldwide and never stores data that would allow someone to trace your activity back to you. You can try out the service risk free with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can a VPN really protect you against cyber attacks?
How do I know if my VPN is really safe?
Find out more about geoblocks and how they work.