How to Get a Vietnam IP Address from Anywhere in 2021
Accessing Vietnamese music and movies from outside the country can be difficult. Your foreign IP address is the reason you can’t watch the latest Tran Thanh comedy on Netflix Vietnam, or sing along to Khoi My’s latest radio single.
To reach the content you want, you need a Vietnamese IP address. However, because of the government’s tight control over internet use in the country (the Bamboo Firewall), you also need to be careful how you get your new IP.
We’ll show you how to get an IP address in Vietnam the safe, easy way using a VPN recommended by our experts.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Vietnamese IP Address with a VPN
When you connect to a VPN server in Vietnam, your internet traffic travels to the server through a hidden “tunnel” created by strong encryption. The server then decrypts your data and relays it to websites.
The server masks your true IP address and assigns its own Vietnamese IP to your online activity. This process makes it look like you’re browsing from inside Vietnam.
The geoblocks that prevent users outside the country from reaching Vietnamese content will disappear. With just a few clicks, you’ll have full access to any Vietnamese site or service you want to use.
The benefits of unblocking geo-restricted content go beyond streaming movies and TV shows. With a Vietnamese IP address, you can follow local news and business forums to research markets and be the first to learn about investment opportunities.
You’ll have no trouble making purchases in dong, because a good VPN lets you use your Vietnamese bank accounts with no restrictions. You can also save money on your trip to Vietnam by paying resident rates for hotels, car rentals, and tours.
With military-grade encryption, premium VPNs make sure your personal and financial data is completely safe, even on public wi-fi. They also block tracking of your online activity, which is critical in a country with heavy internet censorship and surveillance.
If you communicate with loved ones in Vietnam via messaging apps or VoIP, you should be concerned about government spying. Routing your communication through a Vietnamese VPN server helps keep you and your family safe.
Unfortunately, using an IP in Vietnam will mean running into the government’s extensive internet censorship, known as the Bamboo Firewall. Many political and news websites that focus on issues in Vietnam are banned within the country.
The best VPNs allow unlimited server switching, so you can use an IP in another country to access content that is blocked in Vietnam. Changing servers will also allow you to access US Netflix, the BBC iPlayer, and other popular content all over the world.
- Strict no-logs policy: Choose a VPN that does not keep records of your activity or personal data, so your use of restricted websites can’t be traced back to you.
- Kill switch: This high-tech feature stops all data transfer if you lose your connection to the VPN server. It ensures your data never becomes accessible to spies and hackers.
- DNS leak protection: Many low-quality and free VPNs have unstable networks that let private data spill onto the public internet. Stay safe with a premium VPN with proven leak prevention.
- VPN cloaking: Both government firewalls and the tough geoblocks on popular streaming services use filters to stop VPN use. Choose a provider with obfuscation technology to sneak past VPN screens.
- Multiple connections: Make sure one license allows enough connections for all the devices you want to use.
CyberGhost has 9 servers in Ho Chi Minh City, part of a global network of over 6,800 servers in 90 countries. You can connect to those servers on up to 7 devices simultaneously with one account.
New VPN users really appreciate CyberGhost’s preconfigured profiles for one-click connection. VPN experts can use the Smart Rules mode to customize security and connection settings.
CyberGhost has a strict no-logs policy. An automatic kill switch and DNS and IP leak protection ensure that your true location and identity will never become visible.
The support team is available 24/7 via live chat or email. CyberGhost offers a 14-day money-back guarantee on the monthly plan, and a generous 45-day money-back guarantee on long-term plans.Need More Info? Here’s our detailed expert review of CyberGhost.
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
ExpressVPN does not publish detailed information about server numbers in various countries. However, we have verified that the network of 3,000 servers in 90 countries includes a location in Vietnam with multiple Vietnamese IP addresses.
Streamers, gamers, and torrenters love ExpressVPN’s servers, which win our VPN speed tests year after year. The provider’s no-logs promise has been independently verified multiple times, including in high-surveillance countries.
ExpressVPN uses many of the best security features available today, including 256-bit AES encryption, HMAC authentication, automatic kill switches, and Perfect Forward protection against network hacking.
The customer service, including the 24/7 live chat, always receives high ratings. You can connect up to 5 devices at once, and there is a risk-free, 30-day money-back guarantee.Need more info? Here’s our detailed expert review of ExpressVPN.
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
Save money with our roundup of the Best VPN Deals.
Do you have loved ones in Vietnam? Helped them stay safe with the Five Best VPNs For Vietnam.
What’s a VPN? Why Do You Need One? Learn the facts with our VPN guide for beginners.
To summarize, the best VPNs for getting a Vietnam IP address in 2021 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.