How to Get a New Zealand IP Address Anywhere in 2021
If you get an error message when you try to watch TVNZ, or get locked out of your bank account when you’re outside New Zealand, it’s because website geoblocks have noticed your IP address.
New Zealand streaming sites, bank portals, online shopping sites, and search tools all use your IP to determine where you are. To access your accounts or watch your favorite TV shows, you need to switch your IP address so it looks like you’re in New Zealand.
The best way to get a New Zealand IP is to use a virtual private network (VPN) that has servers in New Zealand. It’s easy, safe, and affordable, and you’ve come to the right place to find out how it’s done.
Quick Guide: How to Get a New Zealand IP Address with a VPN
- Choose a VPN. ExpressVPN is our #1 choice for New Zealand.
- Install the VPN and connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Check your new IP address using our tool.
An IP address can be thought of as your digital signature. It tells websites, search engines, social media networks, and your ISP where you are.
A VPN works by rerouting your traffic through a private server on the network. The server gives you a new IP address. So if you connect to a server in New Zealand, every site you visit will think you are really in New Zealand.
What you see on the internet depends on where you are. Streaming sites offer different content in different regions. And if you’ve noticed different prices for airfares and online stores as you travel, it’s because those prices are tailored to your location.
A New Zealand IP address will let you shop on Fishpond, watch Auckland local news, and even get the same Google results as someone in Wellington. A VPN’s location masking is also a great tool for conducting regional market research.
If you want to change your IP address, there are a few options, but the safest and most effective way is to use a VPN with strong encryption and lots of servers worldwide.
Free VPNs and IP switchers (proxies) use less robust security technology and encryption than premium VPNs. That makes them quite easy to detect. Many streaming sites will notice that your IP has been altered and deny you access.
Weaker providers also tend to have painfully slow speeds, which can be extremely frustrating if you’re streaming. Plus, free services often sell your data to third parties or host ads that expose you to malware and tracking.
With a high-quality VPN, you get access to all your favorite New Zealand streaming sites, along with US Netflix, the BBC iPlayer, and much more. You’ll also have unrestricted use of banking services and shopping sites, with fast speeds and no security worries.
Premium VPNs keep your browsing anonymous with strong encryption and advanced features like a kill switch, which keeps your data off the public internet. You’ll be fully protected against tracking by hackers, ISPs, and legal authorities.
- Proven record of bypassing geoblocks. Some geoblocks can be tricky to unlock, so choose a VPN that can access heavily guarded sites like Netflix.
- No-logging policy. Premium VPNs don’t store information about you or your online activity.
- Strong encryption. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption is the best option to avoid hackers and protect your data. All the best VPNs use it.
- Fast speeds. A VPN with fast servers and unlimited bandwidth is a must if you want to enjoy videos without buffering or lag.
- Money-back guarantee or free trial. To get the best price on your VPN, you need to subscribe for six months or longer. Make sure you can try the service before you make that commitment.
The server network includes just one location in New Zealand, but with multiple servers and New Zealand IP addresses to choose from. Native apps are available for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux, and more.
ExpressVPN doesn’t keep logs and uses military-grade AES encryption. It is one the best VPNs available but if you’re still unsure, you can sign up under the 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.Need more info? Here’s our detailed expert review of ExpressVPN.
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
CyberGhost offers fast servers in 90 countries, including 10 servers in New Zealand. It uses AES encryption, doesn’t log user data, and includes advanced security features like DNS leak protection.
One of the things we love most about CyberGhost is the generosity of the subscription plans. You can protect up to 7 devices with one account, and there are serious discounts when you sign up for longer subscriptions.
There’s also a 45-day money-back guarantee for new users. If you want a premium VPN that is affordable, CyberGhost is a great choice.Need More Info? Here’s our detailed expert review of CyberGhost.
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
To summarize, the best VPNs for getting a New Zealand IP address in 2021 are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.