Watch NCAA Men’s College Basketball From Anywhere in 2020
Geo-restrictions prevent you from seeing NCAA men's college basketball if you're trying to stream from outside the US. A premium VPN, like NordVPN, connects you to every game you want to see, no matter where you are on the globe. A quality VPN also ensures your online security. Share
From November to April, NCAA men’s college basketball grips the nation. Instant classics, shocking upsets, and buzzer-beating game winners make the games worth watching. But you may not see your alma mater’s run to The Big Dance if you’re outside the US.
Help is on the way. Use my quick guide to connect to US broadcasters and watch all the NCAA college basketball games that matter to you.
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball Through AT&T TV Now
AT&T TV Now gives you access to ABC, CBS, NBC Sports, FOX, ESPN, FOX Sports, and many other channels in the US. To watch NCAA college basketball using AT&T TV Now, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Select a premium VPN provider. With plenty of high-speed servers in the US, I recommend NordVPN.
- Sign up for your VPN, download it, log in, and select a location in the US.
- Go to www.atttvnow.com and subscribe. You need to use a US payment method.
- Log in to AT&T TV Now and enjoy all the college basketball action!
The PLUS package includes ABC, CBS, FOX, FS1, ESPN, ESPN2, NBC Sports, TNT, TBS, and truTV.
The MAX package includes all the PLUS channels, along with the ACC Network, Big Ten Network, Longhorn Network, SEC Network, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, and FS2.
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball Through Sling TV
Sling TV allows you to watch college basketball on a variety of networks, including ESPN, FOX Sports, NBC Sports, and more. Sling TV also allows you to log in to broadcasters’ websites and stream their content. Follow these steps and you’re watching college basketball on Sling TV in minutes:
- Select a quality VPN with high-speed servers for streaming. NordVPN has a vast selection of US server choices. Sign up for the VPN and download the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a US server.
- Go to Sling TV and sign up for one of the packages that give you the channels you want.* If you don’t have a US-based payment method, purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com. Follow the steps to redeem your card and subscribe to Sling TV.
- On game day, log in to Sling TV, select your stream, and see all the action!
* Sling TV Orange has ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, and TBS. With the Sports Extra package, it includes the ACC Network, Pac-12 Network, SEC Network, ESPNU, and ESPNEWS.
Sling TV Blue has FS1, FS2, Fox, NBC Sports, TNT, TBS, and truTV. With the Sports Extra package, it includes Pac-12 the Network.
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball on CBS All Access
CBS All Access provides streams for many NCAA college basketball games in the US. To watch NCAA college basketball on CBS All Access, follow these few steps:
- Find a high-speed VPN with plenty of US servers. NordVPN is my recommendation as it has a high-speed network that’s great for streaming basketball games.
- Sign up for the service, download the app, log in, and then choose a US server.
- Visit CBS All Access and sign up. You need a US zip code.
- Log in to CBS All Access, pick your stream, and enjoy the games!
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball on ESPN, the ACC Network, or SEC Network
ESPN is televising many college basketball games in the US on the ESPN Networks, including the ACC Network and SEC Network. You need a TV provider (e.g., Sling TV, DirecTV, and Cox) to watch ESPN live streams. Follow these instructions and start watching college basketball on ESPN in no time:
- Select a top-notch VPN. The SmartPlay feature makes NordVPN a great choice for watching basketball, and it offers a wide selection of high-speed US servers. Sign up and download the app.
- Open the app, log in, and pick a server in the US.
- Go to www.espn.com/watch and sign in through your TV provider.*
- Choose your stream and enjoy!
* Use the Sling TV Orange package if you don’t have a US television provider or payment method. Purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com and follow the instructions to redeem the card and subscribe to Sling TV. Add the Sports Extra package to watch the ACC Network and SEC Network.
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball on FOX Sports or the Big Ten Network
FOX Sports is streaming many college basketball games in the US, including on the Big Ten Network. You need a TV provider (for example, DirecTV, Cox, and Sling TV) to log in to FOX live streams. To watch NCAA college basketball on FOX Sports, follow these simple instructions:
- Choose a high-speed VPN. I suggest NordVPN for its fast network that has plenty of servers in the US.
- Sign up and download the app, run it, log in, and then pick a US server.
- Go to www.fox.com/live and log in using your TV provider.*
- Choose your stream and enjoy the college basketball games!
* If you don’t have a US TV provider or US payment method, use the Sling TV Blue package. Purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com and then follow the instructions to redeem the card and subscribe to Sling TV. Add the Sports Extra package to watch the Big Ten Network.
Quick Guide – Watch College Basketball on NBC Sports
NBC Sports is televising many college basketball games. You need a TV provider, such as Sling TV, DirecTV, or DISH, to watch NBC Sports live streams. Follow these steps and you’re tuned into NCAA college basketball on NBC Sports in no time:
- Select a VPN with high speeds and US servers. NordVPN is my recommendation for its SmartPlay feature, which automatically gets you past geoblocks to watch college basketball. Sign up and install the app.
- Open the app, log in, and select a server located in the US.
- Go to www.nbc.com/live and sign in with your TV provider.*
- Enjoy the games!
* The Sling TV Blue package gives you access to NBC Sports if you don’t have a US TV provider or a US payment method. Purchase a Sling TV gift card at MyGiftCardSUPPLY.com and then follow the instructions to redeem the card and subscribe to Sling TV.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch NCAA Men’s College Basketball
With 351 Division I teams across 49 states, NCAA men’s college basketball is a sport that covers the nation. Every one of those 351 teams has the goal of advancing to the NCAA basketball tournament. With all these teams and all the games, there is always a game worth watching.
However, most college basketball games are only on television in the US. Anyone who produces a stream on US TV is not permitted to show their stream outside the US. These geo-restrictions keep you from watching the games that matter when you’re out of the country.
This is where a VPN helps you. With a VPN, you run your network traffic through a server in the US. Then, when you connect to a streaming site, it believes you’re in the US, too. The site unblocks the stream and you can watch your games.
That’s not all. VPNs also encrypt your network traffic, protecting you from anyone who wants to see where you’re going and what you’re doing online. This means anyone trying to steal your data on its way to or from its destination will be very disappointed.
Just be sure you choose a top-notch VPN for your streaming and security needs. Broadcasters and streaming sites recognize low-quality VPNs and block the content with anti-VPN software. Low-end VPNs also don’t use the most reliable encryption methods.
The best services can weave around geoblocks and keep your information secure with the best encryption available.
With a VPN, you get internet freedom and data security. Let’s face it, this is everything you want when you go online. Sign up for a VPN today and access all the streams you want.
3 Best VPNs for Watching NCAA Men’s College Basketball
My #1 overall pick for VPNs is NordVPN. It provides excellent network speeds and a wealth of advanced features with its more than 5,000 servers in 59 countries.
A user-friendly interface helps you find your connection easily. Choose your county on the map and then connect to wherever you need to go. Select the US and you’re streaming your alma mater’s basketball games in no time.
The SmartPlay feature makes streaming with NordVPN easy and fast. SmartPlay helps you quickly bypass geoblocks around the world. There are no manual configurations and you maintain steady connections to sites like ESPN or CBS All Access.
NordVPN uses military-grade encryption. This AES 256-bit encryption stops anyone from breaking through to access your data. If that’s not enough for you, the Double VPN feature encrypts your data twice.
Its CyberSec feature protects your device by defending it from adware and malware, keeping it safe from harmful system attacks.
NordVPN’s support is available by live chat 24/7. Try out the service for yourself and if you decide that NordVPN isn’t right for you, you can get a full refund within 30 days of subscribing.
With your subscription, you get up to six simultaneous connections for one low price.
Read our expert review and learn about NordVPN’s security protocols and streaming features.
Money-back guarantee: A full 30 days after subscribing.
NordVPN can unblock:
Sling TV, CBS All Access, AT&T TV Now, ESPN, FOX Sports, NBC Sports, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu.
Yes. You can use specially configured P2P servers.
NordVPN works on these devices:
Some routers, macOS, Chrome, Linux, Android TV, Android, Windows, iOS, and Firefox.
Any network is only as good as it is fast. ExpressVPN has some of the best network speeds available with over 3,000 servers to pick from in 94 countries.
With ExpressVPN’s network speeds, you keep a solid, steady connection wherever you go. On sites like Sling TV, ExpressVPN won’t give you problems with buffering or dropped frames–you never miss a moment from the three-point line.
If you need to stay connected to local devices, ExpressVPN is there to help. Split your network traffic between the local connection and the VPN and you stay connected everywhere.
AES 256-bit encryption comes standard with ExpressVPN. This enhanced security feature ensures your data stays out of the hands of anyone trying to intercept it through the internet.
If your VPN connection fails, the automatic kill switch breaks your internet connection completely, keeping your online activity safe from prying eyes.
ExpressVPN provides you with 24/7 live chat support. After you sign up for an account, you get time to try it out. If it doesn’t satisfy your expectations, then you can take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
With a single subscription, everyone in the house can watch their favorite college basketball teams battle toward The Big Dance, since you can use the network on up to five devices at once.
Our in-depth review gives you more information about ExpressVPN’s advanced features.
Money-back guarantee: Anytime within 30 days of signing up.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
CBS All Access, AT&T TV Now, ESPN, FOX Sports, NBC Sports, Sling TV, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and YouTube.
Every server provides P2P support.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
Firefox, Chrome, Android, macOS, Linux, Windows, Android TV, iOS, and certain routers.
If you’re looking for specialty servers that help you get to the services you want, CyberGhost is a great choice. It provides specialized servers designed for streaming and torrenting.
The CyberGhost network is full of server choices. You have 5,500+ to choose from, including over 1,000 in the US to stream NCAA college basketball games.
Streaming with CyberGhost is a snap. The network includes streaming servers customized for one, specific broadcaster. For example, connect to the FOX server for assurance of a solid, steady connection with FOX.
If torrenting is your pastime, you’re in luck! CyberGhost has specialized servers for torrenting.
CyberGhost is outside 14 Eyes Alliance countries, keeping your data safe from governments accessing it and sharing it. And further, the no-logs policy doesn’t allow the servers to store any of your data.
CyberGhost protects your data with the best encryption available. Military-grade, AES 256-bit encryption keeps your data safe for as long as it is on the CyberGhost network.
Want more? CyberGhost defends your device against online trackers, ads, and malware. This gives you another layer of protection in a dangerous internet world.
Help is always handy, with live chat available.
Feel comfort in the knowledge that you can cancel your subscription within 14 or 45 days and get a refund, based on the length of your subscription. With any subscription, you can use up to seven devices simultaneously.
If you want more information before deciding, take a look at our complete expert review.
Money-back guarantee: Plans less than 6 months long – 14 days and plans 6 months or longer – 45 days.
CyberGhost can unblock:
Provides servers dedicated for Sling TV, CBS All Access, AT&T TV Now, ESPN, ESPN+, FOX Sports, NBC Sports, NBC, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video.
Yes. The dedicated profile shows countries and the number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
Linux, iOS, macOS, Android TV, Firefox, Android, Chrome, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Windows, and some routers.
With hundreds of teams and thousands of games played across the country, NCAA men’s college basketball is a scene like no other. With a VPN, you can watch every game that you want. Sign up today and stay connected no matter where you go.
If you’re having trouble narrowing down your VPN choices, I recommend NordVPN for its vast number of high-speed US servers to stream your games.
Find ways to save on your subscription when you check out our deals and coupons page.
Learn how to watch ESPN live even if you’re outside of the US.
Want to you see FOX Sports from anywhere in the world? Here’s how to watch FOX Sports GO online.
Read our guide: How to Watch Sling TV Outside the US to learn how to steam US television from anywhere in the world.