How to Watch HBO’s Chernobyl Online (For Free) in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Chernobyl For Free in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPN to Watch Chernobyl Online in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Fast Speeds to Watch Chernobyl With No Buffering
- Where Can I Watch Chernobyl Online?
- How to Sign Up for NOW TV to Watch Chernobyl
- FAQs on Watching Chernobyl With a VPN
- The Bottom Line
I love historical dramas, so I couldn’t wait to watch the new Chernobyl miniseries. It’s available on Max in the US, but you need to buy a subscription in order to stream it. If you’re in Ireland or the UK, you can also watch it on NOW TV, which has a free trial. Unfortunately, if you’re outside of these countries, you won’t be able to watch it due to licensing restrictions.
In theory, you could use a VPN to change your virtual location and hypothetically watch Chernobyl from abroad for free. However, this goes against the platform’s T&Cs and could constitute a copyright violation.
For those in the UK who want to securely stream the show in HD, I recommend ExpressVPN. It’s fast and easy to use, and its UK servers let you watch the show without delays. Plus, it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Chernobyl For Free in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a VPN. ExpressVPN is my favorite because it offers reliable connections to watch Chernobyl lag-free.
- If you’re in the UK, connect to a nearby server. Chernobyl is available on NOW TV in the UK for free, so you can watch it if you’re there. To get the best speeds possible with the VPN, connect to the UK server closest to your UK location.
- Start streaming. Get your popcorn ready, log in to your NOW TV account, and binge away!
Best VPN to Watch Chernobyl Online in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Super-fast speeds to watch Chernobyl without any lag
- 3,000 servers in 105 countries, including the UK and Ireland for reliable connections within these countries
- MediaStreamer let you use ExpressVPN on any WiFi-enabled device
- 8 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
Finding a steady server to watch Chernobyl in the UK is easy, thanks to ExpressVPN’s impressive network in the country. From the UK, I tested 20+ servers across its 5 UK locations, and I had no interruptions while watching NOW TV.
If you’re in the UK, with the MediaStreamer feature, you can stream in HD on WiFi-enabled devices that don’t usually support VPNs. I got it going on my PS4 in only minutes. This meant I could watch Chernobyl on the big screen. A word of caution, though: MediaStreamer doesn't encrypt your data, so I advise against using it for online activities other than streaming.
ExpressVPN has tons of great features, but when it comes to price, it’s on the high end. Here’s a secret: You can pay as little as $6.67/month per month by getting in on one of its special deals.
You can also try ExpressVPN risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. When I tested the policy over live chat, the rep asked me a couple of questions about why I was canceling. I was expecting an interrogation, but 3 minutes later, my refund was approved. And only 4 days later, the money was back in my account.
Where Can I Watch Chernobyl Online?
Chernobyl is available on NOW TV (UK and Ireland), along with a handful of other platforms. Unfortunately, it’s not available to stream globally as it’s only licensed in certain regions. If you’re not in the UK or don’t have a NOW TV account, you can find Chernobyl on these other platforms:
- Max (US)
- Crave (Canada)
- Foxtel (Australia)
- Amazon Prime Video (France)
- NEON (New Zealand)
How to Sign Up for NOW TV to Watch Chernobyl
- Go to NOW TV. Click the Start watching button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select your bundle. Go down to the Entertainment Pass section and click the Start free trial button under Entertainment.
- Enter your personal details. This includes your name, date of birth, and email address.
- Enter your address. You have to be in the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Scottish Islands, or the Isle of Man to proceed.
- Enter your payment details. Enter your credit card number, agree to the terms and conditions, and press the Start free trial button. You won’t be charged until your trial period ends.
- Enjoy watching Chernobyl. Log into your account, download the NOW TV Player, and let the action unfold.
FAQs on Watching Chernobyl With a VPN
Is Chernobyl streaming on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?
Chernobyl is not streaming on Netflix but is available on Amazon Prime Video in France. Depending on the country you’re in, you can try other channels to watch the show.
Can I watch Chernobyl for free?
Yes, if you’re in Ireland or the UK, you can watch all 5 Chernobyl episodes for free by signing up for a free trial of NOW TV’s Entertainment Pass. Just remember to cancel your free trial before the 7 days are up. Otherwise, you’ll be automatically charged for a recurring subscription.
Where can I watch Chernobyl in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK?
Chernobyl is available on Foxtel in Australia, NEON in New Zealand, and NOW TV in the UK. All of them are subscription services that you need to pay for, but NOW TV offers a free trial that you can use to watch the show for free.
Does Chernobyl have subtitles?
Yes, Chernobyl has subtitles, but only in English. Unfortunately, there are no options for other languages, and there won’t be for the foreseeable future. If you’re watching Chernobyl on NOW TV, you can easily activate subtitles from the settings menu.
The Bottom Line
For those in the UK, I recommend ExpressVPN for securely watching Chernobyl in HD. It has numerous servers in the UK for fast speeds and buffer-free streaming. It also offers top security features, so you can be sure that you’re safe online at any time. Plus, its 30- day money back guarantee means you can try it risk-free.
To summarize, the best VPN for watching Chernobyl is...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.