How to Watch the MLB Games From Anywhere in 2022
- Quick Guide: How to Watch the MLB Games From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch the MLB Games From Anywhere in 2022
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch the MLB Games With No Buffering
- IPVanish – Unlimited Connections to Watch the MLB Games on All Your Devices
- CyberGhost – Vast Number of Dedicated Servers to Bypass Amazon Prime Video’s Geoblocks
- Where Can I Watch the MLB Games Online?
- How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video to Watch the MLB Games
- FAQs on Watching the MLB Games With a VPN
- Start Watching the MLB Games Now!
I was looking forward to getting caught up on the latest MLB games. However, I was disappointed to discover I can’t access them in my country. You can watch the games on Amazon Prime Video, but many of them are only available if you’re in the US. Fortunately, I did some tests and discovered a way to watch the MLB games from anywhere.
A VPN hides your IP address, so you can watch the MLB games. This will make it look like you are watching from a licensed region, giving you access to all of Amazon Prime Video’s content.
After testing 30+ VPNs, my top recommendation is ExpressVPN. It has fast speeds and a reliable server network that lets you unblock Amazon Prime from anywhere. You can try the service out risk-free now because it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because its large server network allows you to unblock Amazon Prime Video easily.
- Connect to a US server. Most of the MLB games are available on the US MLB channel, so you need to connect there.
- Start watching the MLB Games! Log in to Amazon Prime Video, add the MLB channel to your account, and start watching!
Why You Need a VPN to Watch the MLB Games
The MLB Games are available on Amazon Prime Video’s MLB channel. US Prime Video is my recommendation because it has more MLB content than other countries. If you’re outside of the US, you need a VPN to access the platform.
A VPN masks your IP address to disguise your location. This makes it look like you're accessing Amazon Prime Video from the US so you can get uninterrupted access to that region’s MLB channel.
With a VPN, you can unblock The MLB Games as well as any other geoblocked content you want to watch on the streaming platform.
- Fantastic speeds to watch the MLB Games in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers to easily unblock Amazon Prime Video
- MediaStreamer lets you stream on any WiFi-enabled device.
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s superfast servers provide fantastic speeds for streaming. After testing 12 servers around the US, I found that they consistently performed well. When I checked the specific stats, I saw that I was getting an average of 61 Mbps. This is impressive, considering you need just 5 Mbps to stream in HD. With ExpressVPN, you’ll be watching the MLB Games with zero buffering.
Its vast server network gets around tough geoblocks. I made sure to check servers in a variety of locations around the US, including New York, Tampa, and Dallas. Even with servers this far apart, I had no issues connecting to Amazon Prime Video. You’ll easily be able to access the MLB Games from anywhere.
MediaStreamer gives you VPN features on devices that usually aren’t compatible. As long as it’s a WiFi-enabled device like a console or smart TV, you can secure it. I connected it to my router and made a few changes to my DNS settings — this allowed me to get ExpressVPN running on my PlayStation. The entire process took less than 10 minutes. You’ll be able to stream the MLB Games securely on your favorite devices.
The one problem I had with ExpressVPN was that it’s a bit pricey. You can use its latest discount and take 49% off the subscription price.
Try ExpressVPN out risk-free because it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. I wanted to see how long it would take to get a refund, so I contacted customer service. After answering a few questions about why I want to cancel, my refund was approved. I had my money back 4 days later.
- Extremely fast speeds to watch the MLB Games without buffering
- 2,000 servers worldwide to bypass Amazon Prime Video’s geoblocks
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
IPVanish gives you unlimited connections for all your favorite devices. I decided to test this, so I installed the apps on my iPhone, iPad, and laptop. It let me connect to each device and access the MLB Games. You’ll be able to reliably stream the MLB games on any of your devices.
Its large number of reliable servers makes it easy to access your Prime Video account. I connected to servers from LA to New Orleans and didn’t experience any problems. IPVanish bypasses frustrating geoblocks, so that you can stream the MLB Games without issues.
I found that its speeds were impressive. While I was doing my tests, I checked in on the Phillies-Yankees game — there was practically no lag as I connected to the MLB channel. It gave me an average of 55 Mbps, which was sufficient to stream in HD. You won’t miss a single pitch with these lightning-fast servers.
The only issue with IPVanish is that it can’t unblock every streaming platform. However, I had no problem unblocking Amazon Prime Video to watch the MLB games.
There are some great discounts for both IPVanish’s monthly and yearly subscriptions. There are savings on both, but you can typically get a better deal on longer subscriptions and can save 63% right now.
You can try it out for 30 days without committing to see if it’s right for you. I wanted to see how easy it is to get my money back. Getting a refund doesn’t require contacting customer service. You can easily cancel your subscription online. I tested this out and got a refund in 5 days.
- Impressive speeds to watch the MLB Games without annoying lag
- 8,002 servers for reliable connections to APV
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Showtime, and more
- Compatible with: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
CyberGhost’s dedicated server system finds the best connections for streaming the MLB games. I tested it out by choosing its dedicated Amazon Prime Video servers based in the US. While accessing the MLB channel, I didn’t run into any geoblocks, which was great. You won’t need to worry about not being able to access APV content, even if you’re located outside the US.
It has superfast speeds that gave me a smooth streaming experience to watch the MLB games. I connected to several servers in North America, and my speeds never dropped below 49 Mbps while streaming. This means you’ll be able to watch the MLB games in HD without annoying interruptions.
The only problem I had with CyberGhost is that its short-term plans are a bit pricey. While this was disappointing, you can save 82% off with its latest discount.
This VPN offers a generous money-back guarantee on both its long and short-term plans. You can try it out for 45 days. I wanted to see how easy it is to get my money back, so I contacted customer service. It took less than an hour to get approval, and I had my refund in just 6 days.
Where Can I Watch the MLB Games Online?
The MLB Games are available on the US Amazon Prime Video. All you have to do is add the MLB channel to your account. It is possible to access the MLB channel using a UK Prime Video account, but it’s a more limited service. If you’re outside the US, a VPN will let you access the platform. Setting up a VPN to connect from anywhere is quick and easy.
You can also watch the MLB Games on ESPN and ESPN2 and access these channels online using a Sling TV account. FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T Now, and YouTubeTV can also access ESPN to watch the MLB Games live.
MLB.tv shows the MLB games live and archives them 90 minutes after they take place. It also hosts premium content, including documentaries, classic programs, and World Series films.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video to Watch the MLB Games
Gift Card Method
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because its fast speeds let you stream without buffering.
- Create an account. Go to Amazon and create an account. You must verify it by email and phone number.
- Find a US server. Connect to a US server with your VPN.
- Change your delivery address. Click on the delivery address in the upper left corner, and manage your addresses. You have to use a US address. I tried 2216 98th St, East Elmhurst, NY, 11369, and it worked.
- Buy a gift card for Amazon. Purchase a gift card from MyGiftCardSupply. You’ll receive it in your email.
- Redeem your gift card. Locate the redeem button on your Amazon balance page. Insert the code sent to you by email.
- Log in to APV. Sign in using your account details.
- Add the MLB channel. Find MLB.tv in the channels tab and add it to your account.
- Start watching the MLB games!
Credit Card Method
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it gives you reliable access to the US Amazon Prime Video library.
- Connect to a US server. Open your VPN app and choose a server in the US.
- Sign up for Amazon Prime Video. Go to the US Amazon Prime Video site and create an account. Set your location to the US and enter your payment details. You can skip this step if you already have a subscription.
- Log in to Amazon Prime Video. Use the email and password you used when signing up to log in.
- Add the MLB channel to your account. Locate MLB.tv in the channels tab and add it to your Amazon Prime Video account.
- Start Watching the MLB Games! Search for the game you want to watch and press play!
FAQs on Watching the MLB Games With a VPN
Can I watch the MLB Games for free?
Yes, you can watch the MLB games for free if you watch using the MLB channel on US Amazon Prime Video. Amazon Prime offers a month-long free trial of its service, while the MLB channel lets you try it out for 7 days.
Outside of the US, you will need a VPN to access that library. All the VPNs listed above can connect to the US and have money-back guarantees, so you can try them risk-free.
How can I watch the MLB Games with my Fire Stick?
By signing up for the MLB channel on Amazon Prime Video, you can access live and archived MLB games. You can link your Fire Stick to your account and watch all the available content.
The US has the most MLB Games available, so you’ll want to sign up for an Amazon Prime Video account there. If you're not located in the US, a VPN will allow you to appear there so you can still log in. Every VPN on this list will let you connect to the US no matter where you are.
Is there a way to watch archived MLB games?
You can access archived MLB games from the official MLB.tv site or the add-on channel on Amazon Prime Video. The MLB games are archived 90 minutes after they take place. MLB.tv also has a wide range of classic world series games and documentaries included with the service.
If you’re not located in the US, you can use a VPN to change your virtual location and access APV.
Can I avoid MLB game blackouts?
Not really, but most games will be available to watch on Amazon Prime Video by adding the MLB channel to a US account. Unfortunately, local games are usually blacked out due to licensing restrictions as local TV stations have exclusive rights to show them first.
These games will be archived and ready to watch just 90 minutes after they take place as long as you have access to your account. If you’re in another country, a VPN’s US servers will let you connect to your Prime Video account. Signing up and using a VPN is easy and takes just a few minutes.
Start Watching the MLB Games Now!
If you want to watch the MLB games but can’t get Amazon Prime Video in your country, you need a VPN. By giving you a new IP address and masking your location, a VPN lets you access APV from anywhere.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN. Its exceptional US server network easily unblocks Amazon Prime Video and the MLB channel from anywhere. You can try the VPN out risk-free because it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t happy, you can get a refund.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching the MLB Games are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.