How to Watch Star Trek From Anywhere in 2023
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Star Trek From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs for Watching Star Trek in January 2023
- ExpressVPN – Ultra-Fast Speeds to Watch Star Trek With No Buffering
- IPVanish – Intuitive Interface to Easily Connect to Hulu
- CyberGhost – Huge Number of dedicated Servers to Bypass Geoblocks
- Where Can I Watch Star Trek Online?
- How to Access Hulu to Watch Star Trek
- FAQs on Watching Star Trek
- Start Watching Star Trek Now!
Recently, I wanted to rewatch the classic Star Trek movies but realized a friend had beamed-up my DVD collection. I couldn’t find a way to binge them on any of my usual streaming sites. Most of the films are available on Hulu, but I was devastated to find I don’t have Hulu in my country. After multiple tests, I finally found a way to watch!
You just need a VPN to watch the Star Trek movies from anywhere. It hides your IP Address, so you can appear to be watching from any region, including the US.
To find the best VPN for my needs, I tested 30+ different VPN services. My favorite is ExpressVPN, as it has an extensive network of servers, so you can stream from anywhere. You can also get a money-back guarantee to test it risk free.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Star Trek
The classic Star Trek movies are mostly available on Hulu, but if you’re outside of the US, the site won’t be accessible. Streaming platforms like Hulu will block you from its library if it sees you’re not in the country it operates in.
You can mask your IP address, and therefore your location, by using a VPN. It makes it look as though you're accessing Hulu from the US, so you can watch the content available there.
With a VPN, you can unblock and watch the Star Trek movies as well as any other movies or shows you want to check out on Hulu.
Tested January 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Fantastic speeds to watch Star Trek in HD without interruptions
- 3,000 servers to easily unblock Hulu
- MediaStreamer lets you watch on any WiFi-enabled device.
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN uses superfast servers. After testing 10 US servers, I found that I was consistently getting full HD while playing Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. Regular checks of my download speeds showed that they were averaging 57 Mbps and frequently getting higher. This means you’ll be able to watch the crew on their quest to find Spock in HD quality.
It can avoid tough geoblocks with its vast server network. ExpressVPN took just seconds to connect to a server in the US. Reconnecting to different locations around the US was also incredibly fast, and my connection to Hulu wasn’t blocked even while switching between them. You’ll easily be able to access Hulu from anywhere.
MediaStreamer helps you use VPN features on WiFi-enabled devices that usually can’t. By following its guide and copying and pasting some numbers in my DNS settings, my PlayStation was ready to go in minutes. It’s easy to stream using your favorite device with this feature.
The slight issue I found when signing up for ExpressVPN was the price — it was a bit higher than I had budgeted. Fortunately, I found it has a nice discount going on at the moment. You can grab its deal to get 49% off the price of the service.
If ExpressVPN sounds useful to you, but you aren’t 100% convinced, you can test it out risk-free. It’s backed by a money-back guarantee meaning you can try it out for 30 days and get a refund if you aren’t completely happy. To see how straightforward this would be, I messaged customer service after 3 weeks. It only took a few questions to get my refund approved. I had my money back 5 days later.
- Extremely fast speeds to watch Star Trek without buffering
- 2,000 servers worldwide to bypass Hulu’s geoblocks
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
IPVanish has a well-designed and intuitive interface that makes it a joy to use whether it’s your first VPN or your 50th. To begin my testing, I downloaded the apps for my laptop, phone, and tablet. On each of these devices they were easy to search and navigate in order to connect to the US. Finding the connections you need to access Hulu takes just seconds.
Thanks to a huge number of worldwide servers, you’ll have a selection to choose from in the US. I tried connecting to a list of different US locations on each of my devices. Despite using a number of devices simultaneously, I had no issues maintaining my links to the servers throughout the US. These quality connections will easily let you bypass Hulu’s geoblocking.
The extremely fast speeds I got from IPVanish’s servers were impressive, even while using multiple devices. I tested this while switching between US regions and still managed to keep speeds of up to 55 Mbps — 11 times what you need to stream in HD. You’ll be able to binge your way through the Star Trek movies in full HD.
During my early testing I wanted to know how IPVanish worked with different US streaming services. It had trouble unblocking HBO’s streaming services, but this was the only exception I found. Other US streaming sites unlocked without issue.
When I went to the IPVanish site, I found several discounts available for their monthly and yearly subscriptions. There are different deals for different plans but you can save as much as 66% right now.
If you’re concerned that signing up might be a big commitment, you should know that IPVanish has a money-back guarantee you can take advantage of. This lets you test the service for 30 days before claiming a refund if you aren’t totally happy. I wanted to look into this so I messaged customer service. Once I’d answered some questions about my experience my cancel request was accepted. I had my money back in 4 days.
- Impressive speeds to watch Star Trek without annoying lag
- 9,758 servers for reliable connections to the US
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO Go, Showtime, and more
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, and more
CyberGhost’s vast server network can connect you to practically any region so you’ll always have a broad selection available. I tested its US servers including many in the Los Angeles and Las Vegas area. My connection was consistent throughout my testing only dropping when I switched between them. You’ll have a choice in whatever region you need.
No matter what you need CyberGhost for, a dedicated system finds you the best connections for streaming, torrenting, or gaming. By selecting servers in the US optimized for Hulu I was able to easily link to the best available possible connection for my needs. This let me access Hulu from outside the US without being stopped by geoblocking once. You can watch Star Trek uninterrupted no matter where you are.
The speeds CyberGhost gets you also ensures a high quality streaming experience. While I did notice during testing that my picture quality seemed great, it was only when I checked the stats I saw how good my speeds were. They never dipped below 50 Mbps, so there’s no fear of losing HD while you watch.
The only disappointing aspect I found to CyberGhost was the minor discount on the short term plans. After some searching I did find that this is balanced by the excellent discount on their yearly plan. It lets you take 84% off the price of a new subscription.
If you’re unsure about signing up for CyberGhost, it does have generous money-back guarantees on all of its plans. As with the greater discount on longer term plans, these subscriptions also allow you to try it out for 45 days before making a claim if you aren’t convinced to retain it. I called customer service to test this. A short conversation later, my request was approved. I had my money back in 4 days.
Where Can I Watch Star Trek Online?
The classic Star Trek movies are mostly available on Hulu, except for Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Hulu offers a 7-day free trial but requires a US credit card. Outside of the US, a VPN will let you access the site. Setting up a VPN to connect abroad is quick and easy.
Netflix Italy has a few of the movies (Star Trek VII to Star Trek X). However, it’s missing most of them, so it’s not ideal if you’re hoping to binge them all.
Amazon and YouTube have all the movies (including the fourth movie missing from Hulu), but you need to pay to buy or rent them. They seem to be the only place with all of the classic Star Trek movies, although they will cost you around $5 - $12 each.
How to Access Hulu to Watch Star Trek
In order to sign up for Hulu and use its free trial you will need to have a credit card with a 5-digit zip code. If you don’t have access to one, I recommend getting a Hulu gift card.
Gift Card Method
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it can give you access to Hulu with incredible speeds.
- Connect your VPN to one of its US servers. You need to link to the US as it's the only place you can access Hulu.
- Purchase a gift card for Hulu from MyGiftCardSupply. Choose the card you want and add it to your cart, before heading to checkout. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to set up a MyGiftCardSupply account.
- Input your billing details. Once your payment is approved, a digital copy of the gift card code will be sent to your email. If it doesn’t appear immediately, be sure to look in your spam folder.
- Locate the Hulu gift card redeem page. You’ll need to create an account, then copy and paste the code from your email into the appropriate area. Click ‘redeem.’ Remember to use a US ZIP code, such as 55402.
- Start Watching Star Trek! Search for the movie and press play!
Credit Card Method
- Download a VPN. Due to its huge and reliable network of servers, ExpressVPN is my recommendation.
- Connect to one of your VPN’s US servers. Hulu is a US-exclusive streaming platform, so you’ll have to find a server there.
- Go to the Hulu site. Click ‘Start your free trial’, then select the basic Hulu plan.
- Create your account and enter the necessary payment info. Give your details such as name and DOB. Then, your credit card information (including the ZIP code) where requested, and click ‘submit.’ If your card doesn’t have a 5-digit ZIP code, try the gift card option above.
- Start Watching Star Trek! Search for the movie you want and press play!
FAQs on Watching Star Trek
Can I watch Star Trek for free?
Technically no, but you can save a lot. If you manage to connect to the US, you can grab Hulu’s 7-day free trial, though you will need a credit card registered to the US.
Outside of the US, you’ll need a VPN to access that library. Luckily, all the VPNs listed above have money-back guarantees, meaning you can use them without a lengthy commitment.
Is Star Trek on Hulu, Netflix, or HBO?
Most of the Star Trek movies are available on Hulu. You can access Hulu from anywhere using a VPN’s US servers. All the classic Star Trek movies are available on Hulu (apart from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home).
The majority of Netflix libraries only have the newer Star Trek movies available to stream, with the exception of Netflix Italy, which has Star Trek VII to Star Trek X. HBO Max doesn’t have any of the Star Trek classics.
Whichever platform you choose to watch the movies, a VPN will let you change your virtual location so you can watch Star Trek.
How can I watch Star Trek from Australia, Canada, or abroad?
You can watch Star Trek on Hulu from anywhere, but only if it thinks you’re in the US. A VPN will allow you to appear in the US, letting you watch titles exclusive to that region. Signing up and using a VPN is easy and takes just a few minutes.
Start Watching Star Trek Now!
If you want to watch Star Trek but can’t get Hulu in your country, a VPN can help you access it. Hulu is the best option as it has the majority of the classic Star Trek movies.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN because its extensive server network easily unblocks Hulu from anywhere. If you’re undecided, you can try the VPN out with its 30-day money-back guarantee. In the event that you don't want to keep it, you can just ask for a refund.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching Star Trek are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.