Does IPVanish Work With Netflix in 2022? Yes. An Easy Guide
Netflix has incredibly strong VPN-blocking abilities — even the best VPNs have trouble bypassing its geo-restrictions. It’s never fun to waste time scrolling through dozens of servers to find one that will let you keep watching your favorite show.
In addition, while some VPNs can access Netflix reliably, they may only work well with a few different regional libraries. If you have used IPVanish to watch Netflix, then you know that it doesn't get blocked often and can access some of the most popular Netflix libraries.
After testing 100+ VPNs, my team and I found that IPVanish is a strong choice for watching Netflix, especially if you need to access the US, Canada, and Australia libraries. That’s because it offers a large and reliable server network, fast speeds, and unlimited device connections. You can even test it for free since it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not impressed, you can easily claim a refund.
- Get IPVanish. IPVanish has superfast speeds, so you shouldn’t have any issues with annoying lag while watching your favorite Netflix shows.
- Connect to a server. Select a server in the same location as the Netflix library you want to access. I picked a UK server to connect to my UK account.
- Start watching! Log in to Netflix and start watching your favorite shows!
What to Do if IPVanish Is Not Working With Netflix
IPVanish works very well with Netflix compared to many VPNs, but it’s not immune to proxy errors or other problems. Fortunately, depending on the issue, there are many easy fixes you can try:
- Disconnect and reconnect the VPN. Yes, “turning it off and on again” works for VPNs too.
- Clear your cache and cookies. To fix this problem, go to your browser’s security settings, clear your cache and cookies, and reload Netflix.
- Use an incognito browser window. Another even simpler way to hide your browser data from Netflix is to only open it using incognito windows.
- Change the VPN’s protocols. IPVanish uses OpenVPN as its default protocol. If this one is not working with Netflix, go to the app’s settings and try one of the other 4 protocol options.
- Switch to a different VPN server. If one server doesn’t work, try switching to a different one.
- Update the VPN. It’s possible IPVanish doesn’t work because you missed a recent update. Update your app and try again.
- Check for leaks. Running a leak test is usually a good idea to make sure Netflix only sees your VPN-generated IP address and nothing else.
- Contact customer service. IPVanish offers customer support 24/7 through live chat, email, and even by phone. If these fixes don’t work, you can always contact them for a server recommendation or troubleshooting tips specific to your issue.
Which IPVanish Servers Work With Netflix?
I tested more than 30 of IPVanish’s servers and unblocked over 10 Netflix libraries. On all servers, I had speeds averaging 30 Mbps (way faster than the 5 Mbps you need to watch shows in HD). However, if you want to maximize your speeds, I’d recommend using the IKEv2 protocol since it’s faster than OpenVPN.
The following table will help you pick the best servers for watching your favorite Netflix shows:
|Netflix Library||Best server(s) for Netflix|
|US||atl-b33, nyc-c05, nyc-c30, lax-a43, chi-a36|
|UK||lon-a47, man-c13, bhx-c09|
Once you’ve found your preferred Netflix server, you should save it to your ‘favorites’ list. Simply click on the star next to the server name, and you’ll always be able to easily access it in IPVanish's server list.
- Unlimited data and superfast speeds to stream your favorite shows without lag
- 2,000 servers in 70 countries that give you access to multiple Netflix libraries
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections so you can watch Netflix on all your devices
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Can unblock: Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, and more
IPVanish has superfast speeds that let you watch your favorite Netflix shows buffer-free. During my tests, I had an average speed of 32.5 Mbps. Since you only need 5 Mbps to stream in HD, this is certainly fast enough to watch shows in high quality. Additionally, you get unlimited data with no speed throttling, so you can binge-watch your favorite movies and series as long as you want.
It has an impressive and ever-growing network of 2,000 servers in 70 countries. I tested 5 of its US servers, and I could easily access Netflix US and other streaming platforms such as Disney+ and HBO Max. It is also a good choice for dealing with Netflix’s server blacklisting. I was able to access 10 different libraries (including the US, UK, France, and Australia) without being blocked — the 1 time I got the Netflix proxy error, it took me less than a minute to find another server that worked. This means that you shouldn’t have any issues finding a reliable server to watch your favorite Netflix shows.
The VPN is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and even routers. It’s also possible to connect all your different devices simultaneously since it offers unlimited device connections. I tested this by installing the app on my iPhone, Macbook, and Windows Laptop. When I streamed different shows on all of them, my connection remained stable. This means that you and your entire household can watch Netflix on all your devices simultaneously.
Plus, IPVanish has excellent privacy and security features. It comes with an automatic kill switch, AES-256 bit encryption, and a strict no-logs policy. It also offers multiple protocols such as OpenVPN and IKEv2. I tested both protocols, and I’d recommend IKEv2 for streaming Netflix since it gave me faster speeds than OpenVPN. Its top-notch security features will keep you well protected while binging your favorite shows.
While IPVanish already offers reasonably priced subscription plans, you can save even more money by taking advantage of its 72% discount.
If you’re not ready to commit yet, you can even try IPVanish out for free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. It was really easy to get my money back. I didn’t have to contact customer service or provide a reason. I just logged into my account and clicked a couple of buttons. I had my money back 4 days after I canceled.
FAQs on Watching Netflix With IPVanish
How do I change my Netflix region with IPVanish?
Log in to IPVanish and connect to your location of choice. Open up your VPN’s app, go to the list of servers and pick a server in the desired location. If you want to switch to a different country, simply repeat the process. Once connected, just open Netflix and you’ll be shown the library available in the location your server is in.
Can I watch Netflix with a free VPN?
Probably not. Free VPNs don’t have the funds to update their servers constantly. That means once Netflix flags and blocks one, it will probably never work again since it won’t be updated. Not only that, free VPNs usually only offer a few servers to begin with, which limits you even more. Small networks also mean they're often overcrowded, which leads to very slow speeds, which will cause your show to constantly buffer.
In addition, free VPNs can be dangerous. They often have weak security features and can leak your data. This means that your online privacy could be at risk when using a free VPN. It is even possible for free VPNs to infect your device with viruses and harmful malware.
The best option is to pick a premium VPN such as IPVanish. You can even test the service for free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. That way, you don’t have to feel chained to the service if it isn’t for you.
What is the best VPN for watching Netflix?
IPVanish is one of our top recommendations for Netflix. However, there are other VPNs that are a bit more reliable and have Netflix-specific features. Some VPNs are easier to use for streaming and have servers optimized for Netflix. Other VPNs have larger and more reliable server networks. If you’re still not convinced IPVanish is your best option, you can check out our list of the best Netflix VPNs.
Watch Netflix With IPVanish Today
It's not easy to find the perfect VPN to access Netflix libraries from everywhere. Netflix monitors and blocks known IP addresses from VPN servers regularly.
A good option for streaming Netflix from anywhere is IPVanish. It has an extensive server network that can access Netflix libraries around the world with ease. Besides, its lightning-fast speeds allow you to watch your favorite shows without any annoying lag or interruptions.
It even comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This way, you can try the VPN for free for 30 days. If you’re not impressed, you can simply ask for a refund.
The best VPNs to watch Netflix anywhere are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.