How to Watch The French Open Live Online in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Watch The French Open With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch The French Open Live Online in HD in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Impressive Speeds to Watch The French Open Live Without Buffering
- CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers to Easily Watch Roland-Garros on Your Local Service
- Private Internet Access — Many Simultaneous Connections To Stream The French Open on All Your Devices
- Where Can I Watch The French Open Online?
- The 2024 French Open Schedule
- FAQs on Watching The French Open With a VPN
- Watch The French Open in HD in Minutes
It's that time of the year again when the world's top tennis players get to compete in a historic grand championship at Roland-Garros' clay courts. But not all broadcasters show the 2024 French Open in every country.
Streamers like Eurosport, Peacock TV, and ITVX are geo-restricted to certain regions only — meaning you can’t use them unless you have an IP address from that region. If you’re in a different country, the sites will prevent you from watching matches.
You can technically use a VPN to “borrow” an IP address from a country where The French Open is being broadcast, but it’s not recommended. This can breach streaming platform ts and cs. At worst, it can even amount to copyright infringement.
The best use for a VPN is to bypass ISP throttling to watch the tennis in HD. For this, my top choice for watching The French Open live is ExpressVPN. It has fast servers in all the countries with official broadcasting rights, so you can find one in your region to stream all matches uninterrupted. It also has a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
Quick Guide: How to Watch The French Open With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its fast speeds for streaming The French Open in UHD. Plus, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can confidently try ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a server. Choose a server in your country to get the best speeds for streaming. For example, select a US server to watch matches on your Peacock TV account from the US.
- Start watching The French Open. Sign into your streaming service, e.g., Peacock TV or Eurosport, and enjoy every moment of the tournament.
Best VPNs to Watch The French Open Live Online in HD in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|The fastest VPN I tested to watch live tennis matches in UHD
|A mere 6.4% speed drop, ideal for streaming Roland-Garros
|3,000 servers in 105 countries to quickly find a nearby server for watching The French Open
|Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
With ExpressVPN's Lightway protocol, you can enjoy consistently high-speed connections for an uninterrupted French Open live stream. Capture every stroke and drop of sweat on the players' faces as if you're standing beside them. While VPNs usually cause a 20%+ reduction in speeds, my tests with ExpressVPN showed an insignificant speed drop, ensuring a seamless streaming experience.
It's a breeze to connect to your local French Open broadcaster, thanks to the VPN's vast global network. While in Paris, I tested the French servers and could watch Roland-Garros live on France.tv.
With its MediaStreamer feature, you can watch The French Open on devices that typically don't support VPNs, like smart TVs and gaming consoles. However, it only works with UK and US content. This feature can also help minimize speed loss since it doesn’t encrypt your traffic. When I tested it, I could access and stream The French Open highlights on my older Android TV within 10 minutes.
The only drawback is that it’s the most expensive VPN on this list, starting at $6.67/month. However, ExpressVPN often offers attractive deals and discounts. I got 49% off and 3 months of free service when I signed up for its long-term plan.
It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can get a full refund if you're not impressed. To test its refund policy, I contacted its support team through the 24/7 live chat to cancel my subscription. After answering a few questions about my experience with the app, my request was approved. I received the money in my bank account after 3 business days.
- Unlimited bandwidth. You can stream all French Open games without worrying about data caps or throttling.
- Split tunneling. This feature allows you to select which apps to use for the VPN connection. This way, you can stream The French Open in HD via the VPN while using your regular internet for online banking (to prevent security alerts on your account).
- Easy to use. All apps are intuitive, making it simple for tennis fans of any technical ability to quickly set up and connect to a server.
- Rotating IPs. ExpressVPN regularly updates its servers to make sure its IP addresses work with all streaming platforms. That way you get uninterrupted streaming of The French Open on your regional service, while maintaining HD-ready speeds with the VPN.
2.CyberGhost — Streaming-Optimized Servers to Easily Watch Roland-Garros on Your Local Service
|Dedicated servers for watching The French Open, including Servus TV and France TV
|Consistently high speeds on all servers with an average speed reduction between 8% and 16%
|11,666 servers in 100 countries provides plenty of options to watch The French Open
|Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
Some of CyberGhost's servers are optimized for streaming The French Open broadcasters, enabling you to watch live matches on your regional streamer. These servers are persistently supervised to guarantee reliability with platforms like Prime Video France and RTBF.
While not as fast as ExpressVPN, CyberGhost’s speeds are great for streaming The French Open in UHD. My speeds were consistently high and stable throughout my tests, with no sudden dips or spikes. My speed only dropped to 107Mbps (from 128Mbps) when testing CyberGhost’s New York server from the US.
Apps are very intuitive and easy to use, making them ideal for beginners. They look and function identically across all devices and operating systems, so you don’t need to figure out how to use them when switching devices. I also like that you can favorite servers by clicking the star icon.
Unfortunately, monthly plans are pricey, with only a short 14-day refund period. However, you can get a long-term plan for as little as $2.03/month. Long-term plans also come with an extended money-back guarantee, so you can test CyberGhost free for 45 days.
- Router compatibility. You can install CyberGhost on your router and use it on all your WiFi-connected devices. This way, you can watch The French Open on your big-screen TV.
- DNS and IP leak protection. Your online identity and activities won't get exposed, thanks to CyberGhost's leak protection.
- Simultaneous connections. You can connect up to 7 devices at once with 1 account, which means you can stream sports on multiple devices at the same time.
- 24/7 Customer Support. You can always get help when you need it through prompt and helpful live chat or email.
3. Private Internet Access — Many Simultaneous Connections To Stream The French Open on All Your Devices
|Unlimited device connections to watch conflicting tennis matches at the same time
|Best speeds when connected to nearby servers, for example, Germany (5% drop)
|29,650 servers in 91 countries mean you’re almost guarantee to find one in your country for smooth streaming
|Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
PIA's unlimited simultaneous connections on a single subscription allow every member of your household to use the VPN on all their devices. I was able to stream on multiple devices at the same time without any hiccups. During my tests, I connected PIA to my PC, 2 smartphones, an iPad, and a laptop, and I could watch the French Open on all devices without delays.
It also boasts a vast server network, offering many options to find the optimal connection for streaming the French Open. This enables you to select a nearby server and enjoy uninterrupted coverage of your favorite player's powerful serves.
People new to VPNs might find PIA’s many customization options complicated. However, apps come pre-configured, so you can watch Roland-Garros without changing any settings.
Like ExpressVPN, it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans. So, you can try PIA risk-free. If you're ready to commit, I suggest the long-term plan, which is the most affordable at $2.03/month.
- Dedicated IPs. For a small extra fee, you can get a dedicated IP that only you use. This gives you reliable connections to use your streaming accounts.
- WireGuard protocol. This newer and faster VPN protocol can improve your streaming speed and reduce latency.
- Optimized streaming servers. PIA offers servers optimized for streaming in the US, UK, Switzerland, Australia, and more.
Where Can I Watch The French Open Online?
You can access French Open online on various platforms. However, most unofficial free streaming sites are unsafe and can bombard your screen with malicious pop-ups and ads, which could harm your devices. Below is a list of official streaming platforms that will broadcast The French Open games live in different regions.
|Price per Month
|Europe (except France)
|$4.99 + tax
|$19.99 + tax
|North-Africa and Middle-East
Just note that most of these platforms are geo-restricted to the countries listed alongside them in the table. That means you can’t use them if you’re outside the designated region. Platforms check your IP address when you access them and use it to tell if you’re in the right country. If not, they prevent you from watching matches.
A VPN can get you an IP address from a different country than the one you’re in — hypothetically allowing you to watch international content. Sadly, this goes against most streaming platforms’ ts & cs. It can also go against copyright laws.
The 2024 French Open Schedule
|May 28, 29, 30
|May 31, June 1
|June 2, 3
|June 4, 5
|June 6, 7
|June 8, 9
|Women's singles finals, Men's double finals
|Men's singles finals
FAQs on Watching The French Open With a VPN
How can I watch The French Open online for free?
You can watch The French Open for free on platforms like France TV, Servus TV, and RTBF. However, you'll need a subscription and an IP address from the broadcaster's country (i.e. be in that country). A VPN can help you stream The French Open in HD on these platforms. VPNs hide what you do online so your ISP can’t see that you’re streaming. This prevents your ISP from throttling your speeds — allowing you to stream matches in the best quality.
Technically, it’s also possible to use a VPN to watch content in different countries (since a VPN lets you borrow an IP from somewhere else). However, this isn’t recommended. It can amount to copyright infringement and will most likely violate your streaming subscription’s ts and cs.
Can I watch The French Open on Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can watch The French Open on Prime Video France. If your ISP tends to throttle your speeds when you stream APV, try a VPN to watch The French Open in full HD.
Will The French Open be broadcast on YouTube TV?
Unfortunately not. YouTube TV doesn’t have the right to broadcast the events live. However, you can watch The French Open live from other broadcasting services such as Eurosport, NBC, Peacock TV, and the Tennis Channel.
Why can’t I access The French Open with my VPN?
The server you’re using might be down for maintenance. To resolve any issues, try disconnecting from the VPN then reconnect to another server in your country as before. If that doesn’t work, make sure you’re using a reputable VPN like ExpressVPN. Some lower-quality services don’t work with many streaming platforms.
Here are some other fixes you can try:
- Disable GPS. Some location services on mobile devices can clash with VPNs.
- Change your VPN’s protocol. Switch to a different VPN protocol and try again.
- Clear cache and cookies. If you're streaming through a browser, clear your cookies (or try connecting with Incognito/private mode).
- VPN configuration. Your VPN settings may not be configured appropriately. Check the VPN provider's website for recommended settings or contact their customer support for guidance.
What app can I watch The French Open on?
You can watch The French Open using the Eurosport Player, NBC Sports, ITV Hub, or Roland-Garros apps. To get the best speeds for streaming apps, choose a VPN that’s compatible with your device.
Can I watch The French Open with a free VPN?
Free VPNs can leave your data vulnerable to cyber threats as they don't offer the same level of security as paid services. Also, free VPNs tend to limit servers and speeds, which could result in buffering. A premium VPN with a money-back guarantee is a more reliable alternative for a seamless streaming experience.
Some free VPNs have been known to log user data and sell it to third parties. Others generate revenue by displaying intrusive ads; in some cases, these ads may even carry malware or lead to phishing sites.
Watch The French Open in HD in Minutes
With a VPN, you can watch the world's best tennis players battling it out for a Grand Slam championship in HD. All the VPNs on this list have fast speeds to watch The French Open in the best quality on your regional sports streaming service.
I recommend ExpressVPN for streaming tennis matches live because it provides the fastest speeds and is easy to use. Plus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free and request a full refund if you're not 100% happy with it.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs to watch The French Open live in HD…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.