5 Best VPNs for Division 2 – Updated for Gaming in 2021
The hotly anticipated sequel to Tom Clancy’s The Division, Division 2 has been a huge success since its release.
As with any online multiplayer game though, Division 2 has prompted the usual complaints of high ping and lag issues.
Fortunately, you don’t have to put up with annoying delays and slow gameplay. Using a VPN can actually help increase speeds and reduce ping — meaning smoother, faster gaming for you.
Quick Guide: Best VPNs for Division 2
- NordVPN — The perfect match of affordability with excellent speeds, NordVPN is our number one recommendation for Division 2.
- ExpressVPN — More on the pricey side, ExpressVPN will nevertheless give you unrivaled speeds for gaming.
- CyberGhost — If you’re looking for a good compromise between price and features, CyberGhost is a reliable option.
- Surfshark — Offering unlimited device connections, Surfshark is the new VPN that’s quickly building a gamer fanbase.
- PrivateVPN — New to VPNs? PrivateVPN is a simple, user-friendly option that will keep you safe and secure.
What You Need in a VPN for Division 2
For most Division 2 players, the biggest concern is latency. Online gaming can suffer from lag, especially if you’re located far away from the game server.
While some people believe that VPNs will slow down a connection, the best VPNs have servers all over the world that can actually reduce ping by connecting you to one that’s closer to the game server. This will, in turn, reduce latency, giving you a faster, smoother experience.
Being able to mask your location can also have its uses when it comes to accessing regional content. Due to time differences, licensing laws, and other legal issues, game content is sometimes made available in some countries before others. Some countries are often given content at cheaper prices, too.
If you want to access content that is not yet available (or is more expensive) in your country, a VPN will help. By hiding your real IP address and making it look like you’re in a different location, a VPN will gain you access to all the content available in that region.
You should be warned, though. While VPNs are not expressly outlawed by Ubisoft, if you’re found to be using one to access cheaper prices, you could be facing a ban. Look for a VPN with disguised servers and excellent privacy to avoid being detected.
Talking of safety, connecting to any shared server comes with a risk of hacking and cyber threats. Choose a VPN that can protect you with military-grade security to make sure your location and IP address stays hidden from malicious users.
Last but not least, many Division 2 players play the game on various consoles as well as on a PC. Since VPNs don’t tend to have apps for consoles, you’ll need to choose a VPN that is router-compatible. This will allow you to install the VPN directly to your router, which will then protect the traffic on any console that is connected to your network.
Best VPNs for Division 2
A vast network of 5,460 servers in 60 different countries will boost your connection speeds and give you hundreds of server locations to choose from. NordVPN also provides optimized servers for gaming with built-in CyberSec security software.
Your privacy is guaranteed by a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and a no-logs policy, as well as military-grade encryption.
NordVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, P2P specialty servers available.
NordVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
If you’re willing to pay a bit more than you would for NordVPN, ExpressVPN will give you the best speeds for uninterrupted gaming. Connect to the game server of your choice with 3,000 servers in 160 locations — making latency problems a thing of the past.
A fantastic option if you’re familiar with VPNs and want to tweak your own settings for gameplay, ExpressVPN is completely customizable. Unique TrustedServer technology ensures your data is never stored, while AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, and DNS leak protection will keep your information safe from hackers.
ExpressVPN receives a near-perfect score from real users — see why for yourself with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an app for use with certain routers.
The CyberGhost team are real champions of security. AES 256-bit encryption is backed up by servers with built-in malware and ad-blocking software, a kill switch, DNS and IP leak protection, and a strict no log policy.
CyberGhost also offers you a generous 7 simultaneous connections and 45-day money-back guarantee. That’s probably why it’s so highly reviewed.
CyberGhost can unblock:
- Dedicated streaming profile with servers optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN, and others.
- Yes; dedicated profile shows countries and number of users.
CyberGhost works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
If you like to play Division 2 on an Xbox or PlayStation as well as on your PC, Surfshark allows you to connect unlimited devices under one profile. That means you can take care of all of your devices, as well as everyone else in your household or gaming circle.
Although Surfshark only has 3,200 servers, each server is P2P-friendly and individually protected by Private DNS. Added protection comes from a kill switch, DNS leak protection, no logs policy, and Surfshark’s exclusive CleanWeb technology.
Despite a slightly smaller server network, Surfshark is still capable of bypassing geoblocks — largely because it’s a relative newcomer to the industry and is able to avoid detection more efficiently than well-known VPN services.
Read our users’ thoughts on Surfshark and try it for one risk-free month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, Amazon Prime Video, and others.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity.
Surfshark works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox.
Privacy takes priority with this service, which is perfect if you’re looking to shield yourself from hackers or malware. AES 256-bit encryption, an automatic kill switch, IPv6 and DNS leak protection will keep your traffic hidden. Best of all, you won’t have to configure any confusing settings — all of these features come as default.
You’ll be able to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously and PrivateVPN has apps for all major devices, including routers. It’s also one of the rare VPNs that still offers a fully-free 7-day trial as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee once you make a purchase.
Check out more user reviews here.
PrivateVPN can unblock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P activity; list of P2P-optimized servers available through the app.
PrivateVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
To summarize, the best VPNs for Division 2 are…
Summary and Further Reading
There’s no need to put up with latency ruining your Division 2 experience. Grab a NordVPN coupon and enjoy discounted access to fun and hassle-free gaming.
Not sold on NordVPN? Take a look at our list of the other best VPNs for gaming…
…then try them out for less with our rundown of the best VPN deals and coupon codes.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.