5 Best VPNs for Ukraine – For Safety, Streaming & Speeds in 2020
Censorship is a growing concern in Ukraine. While many sites, such as Facebook, YouTube, Google are easily accessible, others are not.
As well as restrictions on some popular sites, internet users in Ukraine face censorship in relation to what they post. Other things that are more difficult to do within Ukraine include accessing geo-blocked channels and programs.
Luckily, a VPN can help with these and other issues.
But, with such a wide range of VPNs available, how do you know which are the best VPNs for Ukraine? To aid in this, our experts have gathered a list of the top five VPNs for Ukraine.
What You Should Look for in a VPN for Ukraine
Ukraine is ranked as ‘partly free’ in the Freedom on the Net 2017 Freedom House report. This means that while the internet is generally accessible within the country, there is some censorship of content. This is in terms of sites that can be accessed and what can be posted on the sites that are accessible. Most censorship is in relation to content that is politically sensitive, related in any way to ongoing conflicts in the area, or encourages bad habits, including smoking, alcoholism, drug addiction, and pornography. Some local, particularly Russian, social media sites are banned within Ukraine, notably Vkontakte and Odnoklassniki.
As well as securing your connection and protecting you from hackers, viruses, and government surveillance by changing your IP address, using a VPN also allows you to access websites and streaming sites from countries across the globe.
To achieve this, and more with a VPN in Ukraine, you need to find one that:
- Has servers within Ukraine – Selecting a VPN with servers within Ukraine provides you with private and secure access to popular streaming channels such as Novy TV, Inter Television, and 112 Ukraine.
- Allows torrenting – while there are several torrenting sites operating out of Ukraine and generally it is overlooked for personal use, a VPN ensures that your data is protected and that your torrenting connection is secure.
- Has servers in US / UK – if you want to access geo-restricted streaming sites like Hulu and Netflix, then US servers are particularly important. The VPN also needs to be one step ahead of the stringent blocks that sites like Netflix use to stop VPN users from accessing content from different regions.
- Is user-friendly – lack of native language support need not be a barrier to a secure internet connection with a VPN that offers simple downloads, one-click native apps, simple downloads, and easy to follow instructions.
- Has good customer services – the best VPN vendors provide 24/7 customer support, including live chat and thorough guides on their websites to support you at every step.
The Best VPNs for Ukraine
NordVPN’s security features are unrivaled by other providers and include DNS leak protection, Double VPN, 2048-bit AES encryption, and a choice of protocols. NordVPN also has a no-logging policy that is strictly adhered to, meaning that you can surf, stream, and torrent knowing that your connection is secure and that your privacy is protected. NordVPN has servers in Ukraine that allow users to torrent safely and is one of the few top VPNs that can bypass the stringent geo-blocks that Netflix has in place.
- 4,000+ servers including 6 in Ukraine
- Excellent 24/7 customer service
- Superb security features and range of protocols 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs that places no restrictions on downloads or bandwidth usage; ideal for streaming geo-blocked content and torrenting. Its server in Ukraine supports OpenVPN, IPSec, PPTP, and more. ExpressVPN’s split tunneling feature enables you to safely access social media sites through the Ukrainian server, while accessing US servers to stream US Netflix. ExpressVPN also provides 256-bit AES encryption, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, browser extensions, and a kill switch for further surfing security.
- 1,500+ servers across 148 countries, including one location in Ukraine
- Fast and stable connections
- Strict no-logging policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Most Servers in Ukraine
CyberGhost offers an easy to use interface, access to geo-restricted content, and seven simultaneous connections. Its 60 servers in Ukraine are part of a network of over 5,700 servers spanning 89+ countries. Combined with its 256-bit encryption, DNS and IP leak protection, automatic kill switch, and OpenVPN protocol CyberGhost is an effective and practical VPN choice that ensures your connection is private and secure.
- 60 servers in Ukraine
- Dedicated torrenting and file-sharing servers
- Seven simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 7-day free trial
A solid, basic VPN that meets all your needs
While PrivateVPN may not have as many servers as other VPN providers, it does have server locations spanning much of the world, including Ukraine. This means it can unblock and stream geo-restricted content, including Ukrainian streaming services, at fast speeds and with no downloading or bandwidth restrictions. PrivateVPN creates secure connections using a range of protocols, including OpenVPN, ensuring your data is safe whether you are downloading torrents in Ukraine or connecting with users in more heavily censored countries such as Russia.
- No bandwidth or usage restrictions
- Accessible customer service support and easy to read set up guides
- 56 servers across the globe, including 2 locations in Ukraine
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Easy to use VPN that supports P2P
Trust.Zone is one of the smaller VPNs with just 130 servers across 32 countries. However, it does have a server located in Ukraine and is still able to bypass the strict geo-blocks placed on US Netflix and other streaming services. Trust.Zone is one of the most user-friendly VPNs available and its state-of-the-art encryption and strict no-logging policies more than make up for its lower number of servers. The choice of L2TP over IPSec, or OpenVPN protocols, 256-bit AES encryption, and kill switch ensure that your connection is secure and private. Trust.Zone supports torrenting and P2P connections across its servers and offers anonymous payment options, such as Bitcoin, to ensure your privacy from the moment you sign up.
- Supports torrenting and P2P across its servers
- Able to circumvent geo-blocks
- Simple interface with more detailed options for advanced users
- 3-day free trial and 10-day money back guarantee
When choosing a VPN for use in Ukraine, security and privacy should be your main requirements. All the VPNs on our list provide these as standard, along with much more. All five VPNs are easy to set up and use and offer money-back guarantees, so you can test them thoroughly for yourself. If you are still unsure whether you should invest in a VPN when connecting from Ukraine or elsewhere, then read our VPN guide to learn more. Not sure about the five we have outlined? Explore other great VPN options by clicking here.
To summarize, the best VPNs for Ukraine in October 2020 are…
You are exposing yourself to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend NordVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 68% off.