How to Get PIA Free Trial - Try it Risk-Free for 30-Days
Thanks to its over 29,650 servers in 91+ countries, Private Internet Access is quickly becoming a favorite with our readers. It bypasses tough geoblocks, shields your browsing habits from prying eyes, and offers 24/7 live customer support in the unlikely event that you do have an issue accessing content or using the service in general.
While it doesn’t offer a free trial, it does offer a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and the best part is PIA encourages you to use it to try the service. Customer service only asks a minimal amount of questions when you request a refund too, which cuts down the annoyance factor of asking for your money back - though there are a lot of great reasons to keep the service that I’ll get into a bit later.
Quick Guide: How to Get A Free Trial of Private Internet Access
- Subscribe to Private Internet Access.
- Download and install the app to your device.
- Request a refund via chat within the 30-day window. Done!
Step By Step Instructions for Getting A Free Trial of PIA
- Go to Private Internet Access’s website and click on Pricing, when the new window appears hit the orange Select Plan button for the plan you want.
- Choose your payment method and fill out the required fields, then click the orange Pay Now button.
- Once the payment has processed you’ll see a Welcome screen that lets you know an email has been sent to your address on file, that contains your username and password.In that same window you will see the option to download PIA for the device you used to purchase your subscription. If you’re doing this via mobile device, find PIA in your app store and click to install it. I chose Download 64-bit for Windows.
- On the next screen you’ll see the download file toward the bottom of the screen in the lower left hand corner. Once it’s complete, press the menu arrow and select Open.
- Log into the email you used to create your PIA account and retrieve your Username and Password.
- Use the PIA app of your choice to log in using the information. I went to Subscription Overview under Account and turned off Auto Renewal right away. While you don’t need to do this, it isn’t a bad idea. That way you get a reminder that your subscription is almost up and you don’t miss the window for the money-back guarantee.
- That’s it. Connect to the server of your choice and remember to cancel your subscription via customer support before the 30-day money-back guarantee expires. That is, if you still want to cancel after trying the service.
Why Choose Private Internet Access?
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- 29,650 servers in 91 countries
- Unlimited devices per license
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Disney+, Sling TV, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, Ubuntu, Linux, Router, Chrome, Firefox
Aside from the massive amount of servers that make it easy to avoid overcrowding during peak hours, PIA has tough security features that can bypass almost any geoblock. That means you can access your Netflix account from almost anywhere in the world, you can also stream as much content as you want thanks to its unlimited data.
Private Internet Access employs standard features widely recognized in the industry, including the OpenVPN protocol and 256-bit AES encryption. Additionally, it includes the default 128-bit encryption. PIA offers several other protocols like IKEv2, WireGuard, and L2TP. Moreover, its robust no-logs policy ensures that you need not concern yourself with the possibility of your data being sold to the highest bidder for marketing endeavors.
PIA's user-friendly interface allows you to effortlessly switch between protocols, activate security features such as ad blocking, and get in touch with customer support at any time. Moreover, PIA also provides P2P support, making it possible to get assistance if you're encountering issues while uploading or downloading files through torrenting or other P2P activities.
You can install the service on as many devices as you want, but it only allows up to Unlimited simultaneous connections per account. Private Internet Access also comes with that risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee and encourages you to use it to try all the unlimited features it has to offer.
PIA stands out among the majority of VPNs by actively encouraging users to try their service and confidently offering a money-back guarantee, which is not commonly found in the VPN industry.
With 30-days you can access any service you use regularly, test it on all of your devices, and even just protect your privacy while on vacation. If you don’t love it, ask for a refund within the window and try another service.
Does PIA have a referral option?
Yes. Access your account and click on Subscription Overview, then scroll down the page until you see a green banner with a white Refer A Friend button.
Click on the button to refer a friend, and if they sign up, you could both get 30-days free.
Can I use PIA on multiple devices?
Yes. Private Internet Access allows you to install the service on as many devices as you’d like, but you can only use Unlimited devices simultaneously. That’s still more than most premium vendors that offer 5 simultaneous connections.
PIA vs ExpressVPN, which is faster?
Each one has excellent features and PIA does dominate when it comes to sheer number of servers, that said, ExpressVPN is going to offer the fastest speeds. Its new proprietary protocol Lightway, cut its old pingback down by more than half and increased the download and upload speeds considerably.
Does PIA work in China?
While I was able to access China using PIA with OpenVPN (TCP) protocol, the connections are slow and somewhat unreliable if you aren’t a local. The speeds aren’t great either as download speed wouldn’t top 6Mbps.
I don’t recommend PIA if you need regular, stable connections for China. In that case, you may want to try ExpressVPN.
Looking for something different, here are the top 5 best alternatives to PIA…..
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.