How to Fix Apex Legends Lag: Easy Hack for Gamers in 2024
You’re in the middle of an intense firefight in Skull Town on Apex Legends. Your Lifeline squadmate is down. You rush to get her banner to a Respawn Beacon in the Thunderdome. You see the little green diamond marking the beacon, and, suddenly, your game drops.
Thanks to lag, your battle royale is done. How do you ensure that you land in King’s Canyon without lag disruption? You'll need a trustworthy VPN so that you can, once again, be a Legend for a day.
Quick Guide: How to Fix Apex Legends Lag
- Choose a VPN - We recommend ExpressVPN for gaming.
- Install the VPN and connect to the server nearest your location or target location.
- That’s it! Enjoy playing Apex Legends lag-free!
How a VPN Can Help You Fix Apex Legend’s Lag
Lags, which are disruptive, stem from latency. Latency functions similarly to ping: it measures the time between your client and the game server. Higher latency values increase the likelihood of experiencing a lag, which can slow down or halt your game.
Since Apex Legends is free to play with worldwide popularity, there are thousands of users on each server. Servers can get overcrowded, and some internet service providers (ISPs) will even resort to slowing down the internet, aka ISP throttling. Lag is the result of these unfortunate events.
If you want to return to your Wraith Legend fast, we recommend adding a VPN. A VPN will not only camouflage your location, but it will also find you the quickest server for Apex Legends. The high amount of loot in the Pit is a click away!
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
If you want a real Legend VPN, I recommend ExpressVPN. I ran numerous VPN tests for gaming, and ExpressVPN was the clear winner among hundreds of other VPNs.
Security in your squad is a top priority in Apex Legends, and it’s no different when you are shopping for the right VPN. ExpressVPN offers military-like protection with 256-bit encryption and built-in anti-DDoS protections. Your gaming world is safe because each of ExpressVPN's custom servers protects you against security hacks.
Lags don’t stand a chance on the ExpressVPN battlefield. ExpressVPN's updates on their speed connections mean your Apex Legends game remains in real time.
What else does ExpressVPN offer for your gaming?
- 3,000 servers in 105 countries
- A strict no-logs policy
- Automatic kill switch
- CyberSec feature that blocks malware and other cyber threats
- 24/7 customer service
- 30-day money-back guarantee
The ever-shrinking safe zone on the Apex Legends map means you must think quickly and ahead of the curve. ExpressVPN gives you the freedom to make super-fast decisions without the worry of botched security and lag interference.
For more information, read our full ExpressVPN review.
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV.
- Yes, on all servers.
ExpressVPN works on these devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It’s also compatible with routers.
Other Ways to Fix Lag
A robust VPN is an excellent choice for fixing lag issues. But, there are also non-VPN fixes worth mentioning:
- Use an ethernet cable instead of wi-fi on your router. A wired internet connection has better stability, and it is typically better than a wi-fi connection.
- Go to the game settings and lower things like Resolution, Virtual Sync, and Anti-aliasing.
- Disconnect any of your other devices (like your phone) using your internet connection.
- Unplug your modem and router for 30 minutes to reboot your network hardware.
- Close background processes (for both Mac and Window) like Antivirus upgrades and Torrent clients.
The popularity of Apex Legends will only increase when a new map releases. You want the security to explore these new terrains without lag spoiling the party. A reliable VPN like ExpressVPN will up your loot with lightning-fast speeds, massive server selections, and military-level security.
Read why we placed ExpressVPN as the winner of our Best VPNs for Gaming.
Want to invest in a top-performing VPN without breaking the bank? Our budget-savvy experts have put together this list of the best VPN deals around.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.