How to Get the CyberGhost Free Trial in 2022 — An Easy Hack
CyberGhost is one of the only top-tier VPNs that offers a free trial period without any limits. However, it only lasts for 24 hours on desktop and 48 hours on mobile. This isn’t nearly enough time to test it and all of its features fully (plus VPN performance can vary from day-to-day). In addition, you can only get the trial on 1 device, instead of 7.
There is a way to extend your CyberGhost free trial — you can use it’s 45-day money-back guarantee. Apart from the increased length and device connections, the only difference is that you’ll need to commit to a subscription up front. But don’t worry — if you cancel within the 45-day period you’ll get your money back in full, hassle-free.
I even tested it out myself to see if it worked, and it did. After a simple conversation with their 24/7 live chat team, I received my money after 2 business days. Best of all, the entire process was super easy.
This hack requires you to create a CyberGhost account and make an upfront payment. As long as you cancel your account within 45 days, you’re entitled to a full refund.
- Visit CyberGhost. Go to the CyberGhost website and click on one of the deals buttons.
- Select your plan. Choose the plan that fits you best. Just note that the 1-month plan only comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee, while the rest last for 45 days.
- Make payment. Select your payment method, choose any optional add-ons, and then enter your payment details. CyberGhost accepts payments by credit card, PayPal, GPay, and Bitcoin. Please remember that it’s harder to get a refund through Bitcoin, since it’s an anonymous payment method.
- Create your account. Once payment has been made, create your password.
- Download the app. You’ll be taken to your account page once you create a password. From there, choose your operating system and click the “Download App” button. You can also see how many days are left in your free trial.
- Enjoy CyberGhost! Once the app is downloaded, navigate to the file and open it to begin the installation process. When the installation is done, the app will automatically log you in. From there, connect to a server and enjoy all that CyberGhost offers.
Getting a refund using CyberGhost’s money-back guarantee is just as easy as signing up. It can be done through their 24/7 live chat service, email, or by creating a ticket in the support section of its website. I’ve decided to use the 24/7 live chat as an example as it’s the fastest and most convenient.
- Open live chat. Go to the CyberGhost website and click on the “Support” tab on the bottom right.
- Start a chat. Enter a search query and then click the “Live Chat” button on the bottom right. Then, fill out your details and click the “Start Chat” button.
- Confirm your refund. Let the conversation run until you get full confirmation of your cancelation and refund eligibility. Have your email and order number ready as you’ll get asked for those.
- Check your account. I was fully refunded after 2 business days, so be sure to keep an eye out.
Usually, free trials aren't better than a money-back guarantee because they limit features. Common limitations include speed restrictions, data caps, and limited server networks, making them a poor way to evaluate whether their paid counterparts are for you. The only advantage free trials have over money-back guarantees is that you don’t need to pay upfront.
Even though CyberGhost’s free trial doesn’t limit most features, it only lasts 24 or 48 hours, which isn’t enough time to test everything. In addition, you can only use the free trial on 1 device. It’s for these reasons that I recommend using CyberGhost’s 45-day money-back guarantee instead.
You’ll need to create an account and pay first, but you'll get a full refund if you cancel within the timeframe. This pretty much lets you use it for free. Even though money-back guarantees come with this assurance, some VPNs may still use tricks in an attempt to keep your payment. I’ve made sure that CyberGhost doesn’t use any of these tricks:
- Hidden conditions — As is the case with many products and services, a lot of hidden conditions can be found in the small print. The best thing is to read the fine print before you sign up.
- Cancelation difficulties — While most VPNs make it easy to cancel your subscription, others can make it an obstacle. For example, they might ask you for more details than what’s usually required, or push you to keep your subscription. Therefore, it’s best to be aware of the cancelation policies and procedures.
- Payment disqualifications — There are many ways to pay for a VPN subscription, but some payment methods may disqualify you from a refund. This can happen if you pay anonymously through Bitcoin. Again, check to see if these restrictions are in place before signing up.
CyberGhost’s money-back guarantee is legitimate and hassle-free. When I canceled my subscription, it took me less than 5 minutes and I got my money back after 2 business days.
Why Choose CyberGhost?
The main reason to choose CyberGhost is because you can test all of its stellar features out risk-free for 45 days. Its money-back guarantee is hassle-free and 45 days is longer than most other top-tier VPNs. It also has a 24-hour free trial period for desktop (Windows and macOS) and a 48-hour free trial for mobile (Android and iOS). However, you'll experience some limitations using the free trial that don't exist when you use the money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost has a global server network of 7,909+ servers in 91+ countries, which even includes optimized servers for popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video, as well as torrenting. This server network is one of the largest of any VPN. When I connected to a Netflix server during my tests, I could access my US Netflix account from abroad in under a minute.
CyberGhost also does an excellent job at keeping you secure online. With its AES-256 bit encryption, automatic kill switch, and DNS leak protection, you’ll be well protected from online threats on both private and public WiFi networks. When I tested its US and UK servers on ipleak.net, it didn’t detect any IP or DNS leaks, meaning that my online traffic couldn’t be exposed accidentally.
For privacy, CyberGhost adheres to a strict no-logs policy, which ensures that your online behavior won’t be recorded. Its headquarters are also located in Romania, which is outside of the 5/9/14 Eyes Alliance and has strong privacy protection laws. This prevents authorities from conducting investigations into CyberGhost and requesting user data, which means you’re in safe hands.
Speeds are also an area where CyberGhost excels. I tested them myself by connecting to 5 of its US servers, which gave me an average download speed of 37.8 Mbps. Even though this was a 25% decrease from my regular connection, its speeds proved to be fast enough for HD streaming and online gaming.
If you’re new to VPNs, then you’ll be pleased to know that CyberGhost’s user-friendly app is available for all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux. This compatibility is only available when you use its 45-day money-back guarantee and not its free trial. It also allows up to 7 simultaneous device connections, making it ideal for large households.
FAQs on Getting the CyberGhost Free Trial
How can I restart my CyberGhost free trial when it has expired?
You can restart your CyberGhost free trial by creating multiple accounts, which isn’t recommended. This is because CyberGhost restricts 1 free trial to every account, so you need to create multiple email addresses and different accounts, which is very time consuming. Also, it’s an abuse of its system.
A better method is to use its 45-day money-back guarantee instead. It’s just like the free trial, except you can connect up to 7 devices at once (instead of 1). You’ll need to pay for a subscription upfront, but you’ll get your money back if you cancel it within the timeframe.
Does CyberGhost still have a free trial?
Yes, CyberGhost is one of the only top-tier VPNs that has a free trial. The trial lasts for 24 hours for desktop users and 48 hours for mobile users. However, mobile users will need to provide payment details. The free trial doesn’t limit the service either, so you can test CyberGhost’s full features (although only on 1 device).
The main problem is that it’s not enough time to test everything it offers, so I recommend using its 45-day money-back guarantee instead. You’ll need to pay for a subscription upfront, but you can claim a full refund if you cancel within the 45-day period. It only took 5 minutes to claim my refund and I had my money back 2 days later when I tested it out.
How long is the CyberGhost free trial?
The CyberGhost free trial is 24 hours for desktop users or 48 hours for mobile users. It’s only the mobile users that need to provide payment details and not desktop users. The free trial doesn’t restrict any features either, so you can test everything it has to offer.
But if you need more time, then it’s better to use CyberGhost’s 45-day money-back guarantee instead. It allows you to test the service for 45 days on subscriptions that are 6 months or more (or 14 days if you sign up for the monthly plan). You’ll get a full refund by canceling within the timeframe, which effectively makes it free.
What are the limitations of the CyberGhost free trial?
The limitations of the CyberGhost free trial are its length and simultaneous device connections. The length is either 24 hours or 48 hours (depending on the device you use) and the number of simultaneous device connections is 1. When you use the money-back guarantee, CyberGhost allows 7 device connections at once. However, unlike other VPNs, CyberGhost’s free trial doesn’t limit any features like server count, speed, or bandwidth.
But if you aren’t happy with these limitations, then I suggest using CyberGhost’s 45-day money-back guarantee instead. The money-back guarantee is either 45 days or 14 (if you sign up for less than 6 months) and allows up to 7 device connections at once. The guarantee allows you to claim a full refund if you want to cancel within that period, so it’s essentially a (much longer) free trial.
How do I get a CyberGhost free trial on iOS or Android?
You can get the CyberGhost free trial on iOS and Android by signing up through the App Store or Google Play. However, I recommend using CyberGhost’s 45-day money-back guarantee instead for the following reasons:
- Length — The CyberGhost free trial on iOS and Android only lasts for 48 hours. The money-back guarantee lasts for 45 days for plans that are 6 months or more.
- Device connections — You can only connect a single device at a time with the iOS/Android free trial, whereas the money-back guarantee allows 7 devices.
- Payment details — Both the iOS/Android free trial and the money-back guarantee require you to provide payment details upfront. They will also renew you for an ongoing subscription when time’s up. Since there’s no difference, you might as well go with the money-back guarantee.
- Refunds — To get the free trial on iOS and Android, you need to sign up through the App/Play Store. If you decide you need more time to test out CyberGhost after this period and want to use the money-back guarantee, then your refund will be at the discretion of the app store. This isn’t always a guarantee. If you skip the free trial and create your account through the CyberGhost website, you can simply download the app from the appropriate store and use those credentials to sign in — you can claim your refund directly from CyberGhost with less of a hassle.
Can I use a CyberGhost free trial without a credit card?
Yes, you can use the CyberGhost free trial without using a credit card. The free trial for desktops lasts 24 hours and doesn’t require any payment information. If you go for the mobile free trial or the money-back guarantee, then you’ll need payment information, but you can choose another payment method like PayPal, GPay, or Bitcoin.
Why should I use the CyberGhost free trial and not a free VPN?
The CyberGhost free trial should be used instead of a free VPN because it doesn’t limit features and it’s safe. Free VPNs may seem enticing, but they come with a lot of risks and drawbacks. For example, they can impose restrictions on speed, server numbers, and the number of simultaneous device connections. Some are even known to contain hidden malware and fail to encrypt your data (while also selling it), so be very careful.
The CyberGhost free trial is free of these limitations and risks and lets you use all of its features securely. It only lasts for either 24 or 48 hours though (depending on your device), so it's best to use its 45-day money-back guarantee if you want to extend the length.
The Bottom Line
Even though CyberGhost is one of the only reliable VPNs with a free trial, it’s way too short and doesn’t give you much time to fully test its features. The way to extend your free trial and get a good feel for CyberGhost is to use its 45-day money-back guarantee.
The money-back guarantee does require an upfront payment though, but it will be refunded if you cancel within the guarantee period. It’ll also let you connect up to 7 devices simultaneously, whereas the free trial only allows 1. You’re better off using the guarantee to test out CyberGhost for 45 days instead of just 24 hours with the free trial.
The best VPN alternatives for CyberGhost are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.