How to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- The Best VPN to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
- Surfshark — Fast and Reliable Puerto Rico Server to Browse Local Sites
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Puerto Rico IP Address
- FAQs on Getting a Puerto Rico IP Address With a VPN
- Get a Puerto Rico IP Address in Minutes
It’s frustrating when you’re traveling abroad to miss out on your go-to local news apps or banking services. Many Puerto Rican websites, don’t work internationally. The good news is that you can get around this by using a VPN with servers in Puerto Rico.
Using a VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP is super simple and only takes a couple of minutes. Once you have a Puerto Rican IP, you’ll be able to keep using your favorite apps, no matter where in the world you are. A VPN also has other benefits, like using encryption to secure your connection and privacy policies to protect your identity against hackers or surveillance.
After testing dozens of VPNs, I can safely say that Surfshark is the best VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP. Not only does it have a fast and reliable server in Puerto Rico, but it also uses military-grade encryption and can be used on an unlimited number of devices at the same time. You can also try out Surfshark risk-free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Quick Guide: How to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend Surfshark because it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and has a secure server location in Puerto Rico to get a local IP.
- Connect to a server in Puerto Rico. Once the VPN is connected, it will change your IP to Puerto Rico and hide your real one.
- Start browsing. You can now securely use Puerto Rican websites and services as if you’re in the country.
Why You Need a VPN to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address
Some Puerto Rican websites, services, and streaming platforms block access to users from outside the country. If you want to keep using your banking, shopping, or local news services, you’ll need a VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP.
VPNs help your real location stay private by routing your traffic through a server of your choice and assigning a new IP address for your connection. For example, if you connect to a Puerto Rico server, the VPN will assign you a Puerto Rico IP address, making it look like you’re in the country.
With a Puerto Rico IP, you can even test your online advertising campaigns on Puerto Rican Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines. Some websites will also change their language and pages based on your location, so you’ll want a Puerto Rico IP to see them as local.
Even if you’re in the country, there are many good reasons to use a VPN. By encrypting your traffic and hiding your IP, VPNs protect your online information and activity from hackers and snoopers. Puerto Rico is technically part of the US, whose government is known for internet surveillance, making a VPN essential if you value privacy. A VPN can even hide activity from your ISP, so you can avoid throttling for high-bandwidth activities like torrenting or gaming.
The Best VPN to Get a Puerto Rico IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Fast Puerto Rico server, for buffer-free HD streaming
|Security and privacy
|Military-grade 256-bit AES encryption and secure protocols, including OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2
|3,200+ servers in 100 countries, including Puerto Rico
|Telemundo, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, fuboTV, Amazon Prime Video, and more
Since Surfshark is one of the few VPNs with a Puerto Rico server, you can use it to get a Puerto Rico IP and keep using banking apps safely and without getting flagged. What also helps is that Surfshark’s Puerto Rico server is consistently stable and fast, as tested from my location while in the country. On average, I still got speeds of 80.64 Mbps on a 101.33 Mbps connection, which is fast enough for browsing local sites without delays. The server even supports P2P, which is great if you regularly use it to share files.
The Surfshark app is easy-to-use and highly customizable, providing a number of useful features and settings. For example, the Bypasser has two modes, “Route via VPN” and “Bypass VPN.” The former lets you specify apps that can only connect to the internet through the VPN, while the latter lets you choose only the ones you allow to bypass it. You can also turn on the IP Rotator that changes your IP at regular intervals, making it even harder to track you.
Unfortunately, the VPN is based in the Netherlands. This means it falls under the jurisdiction of the Nine Eyes Alliance, an international intelligence-sharing network. However, Surfshark has a strict no-logs policy, and all its servers, including the Puerto Rico ones, are private and RAM-only. This means it doesn’t collect any user data or route traffic through third-party servers. All user data is also frequently wiped, so it has nothing to share with authorities.
With a money-back guarantee on all its plans, you can try Surfshark’s Puerto Rico server free for 30 days. Its pricing plans are also affordable, starting at $2.89/month for its longest subscription — a discount of 82%. I tested the refund myself by contacting support through the 24/7 live chat. They happily took care of my request and refunded me within a couple of days. Also, Sursfshark accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple for those who want to pay anonymously.
- CleanWeb. This feature blocks pop-up ads, trackers, and malware. CleanWeb is available in the app and browser extension, so it can help you surf the web with your new Puerto Rico IP without dealing with any of these frustrations.
- IP leak protection. All Surfshark’s VPN connections are protected against IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. The apps also have built-in kill switches to prevent your IP or data from leaking if you change servers or accidentally disconnect the VPN.
- Use it on a variety of devices. Surfshark allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously with a single subscription. So, you can use it to get a Puerto Rico IP on all your computers, phones, and even smart TVs. It provides user-friendly apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and more.
- In-app speed test. Surfshark’s apps come with a built-in speed test. It organizes servers according to regions, so you can quickly find and test the speeds and latency of specific servers, including Puerto Rico. This saves a lot of time from first having to connect to and then manually test the speeds of individual servers.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for a Puerto Rico IP Address
Surfshark stands out as one of the rare VPNs with servers in Puerto Rico, ensuring both your privacy and connection security. However, I don't merely ask you to rely on my assertion. Utilize the subsequent guidelines to determine the essential features needed in a VPN to securely obtain a Puerto Rican IP address:
- Reliable servers in Puerto Rico: You need to connect to a server in Puerto Rico to get a local IP address and access Puerto Rican websites, even when you’re traveling abroad.
- Fast speeds: Slow speeds can lead to slow-loading websites. You generally need speeds of around 5 Mbps for HD and 25 Mbps for smooth browsing. A decent VPN shouldn't drop your internet speed by more than 20%.
- Strong security and privacy: A good VPN will secure your connection, hide your identity and location, and protect your privacy online. I looked for features like IP/DNS leak prevention, a kill switch, 256-bit encryption, safe and fast protocols (OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2), and a strict no-logs policy.
- Ease of use and support: It shouldn’t be a pain to enjoy the benefits of a VPN, and you should be able to use it on any device you own. Look for user-friendly apps on a range of platforms, plus Spanish-language support. Surfshark offers all of these things.
- Trustworthy money-back guarantee: You don’t want to risk your hard-earned money without knowing whether a VPN works to get a Puerto Rico IP. Most reputably, VPNs today offer money-back guarantees with all plans, so check for this before you buy.
FAQs on Getting a Puerto Rico IP Address With a VPN
Is using a VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP address legal?
Yes, it’s legal to use a VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP address in most countries, including Puerto Rico itself. If you’re in one of the countries where VPNs are legal, all you need to do is connect to a server in Puerto Rico to get an IP from there.
Nevertheless, several countries, such as China, Russia, Turkey, North Korea, and Iraq, enforce prohibitions or limitations on VPN usage. It is crucial to verify the local laws and regulations in your region to ensure the secure utilization of a VPN. Even in countries where VPNs are permitted, employing them for illicit activities, such as engaging in piracy, remains illegal. At vpnMentor, we do not endorse or support the use of VPNs for unlawful purposes.
Can I use a free VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP address?
No, I don’t recommend using a free VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP. As free VPNs usually only have a handful of servers, it’s highly unlikely you’ll find one in Puerto Rico. In fact, even very few premium servers have servers in the country, making Surfshark one of the only top VPNs with servers in Puerto Rico.
Free VPNs aren’t as convenient to use as premium ones. They typically have slower speeds and bandwidth limitations and don’t have user-friendly apps for the most popular devices. At worst, they can be downright dangerous as some sell their users’ data for profit or even bundle malware, adware, or trackers into their software. They might even give you a false sense of security while actually having sub-standard security features and privacy policies.
All things considered, it’s better to entrust your online privacy and security with a premium VPN like Surfshark. These services usually secure connections with military-grade encryption and have strict no-logs policies that have been independently audited. What’s more, they are usually relatively affordable and, since they offer money-back guarantees, you can try them out risk-free.
How else can I get a Puerto Rico IP address (aside from a VPN)?
While it's possible to obtain a Puerto Rican IP address using a proxy or a Smart DNS service, these options don't provide the same degree of security as a VPN. Neither proxies nor Smart DNS services encrypt your online connection, leaving your data susceptible to cyber-attacks or unauthorized access. Therefore, although you may be able to bypass certain geo-blocks, your location and information could still be at risk.
You can also configure an HTTP proxy using your web browser that works similarly to a web proxy. Unfortunately, lacking SSL support, most free proxies aren’t suitable for accessing services that need secure connections, like online shopping, email, and membership sites. Paid proxies might support SSL and offer better speeds, servers, and the ability to avoid IP blocks. However, they still don’t offer the security, privacy, and ability to avoid detection as a VPN.
Proxies also usually have smaller server networks, so you're less likely to find one in Puerto Rico. They are also easier for websites and online services to block, so you’ll be limited in what you can access. It’s better to use a trusted VPN like Surfshark, as it encrypts your traffic with unbreakable 256-bit AES encryption and has a strict no-logs policy. With a reliable server location in Puerto Rico, it’s the best option for getting a Puerto Rico IP.
How do I test if my IP address has changed to Puerto Rico?
The easiest way is to use an online IP leak test, like vpnMentor’s IP Checker. It will show your current IP and to which country it belongs. If the IP is the same as the VPN’s Puerto Rico IP, then you’re good to go. However, if it shows any other country or the IP differs from your VPN’s, then you’ll need to make sure that you follow the correct steps to change your IP by connecting to a Puerto Rico server.
If it still doesn’t work, try reconnecting to the server or restarting the VPN app. It may also be that you need to close your browser, clear the cache and cookies, and then try to connect to a Puerto Rico server again. In the rare event that none of these work, you can always reach out to your VPN’s customer support via email and live chat or check the documentation to troubleshoot it yourself.
Which VPN has servers in Puerto Rico?
To my knowledge, Surfshark is one of the only VPNs with a server location in Puerto Rico. I’ve tested dozens of VPNs over the years, but only a handful have Puerto Rico servers, and few of them can compete with Surfshark in terms of security, privacy, app quality, and performance.
Get a Puerto Rico IP Address in Minutes
Utilizing a VPN, you can acquire a Puerto Rican IP address from any global location, enabling you to access local websites even while overseas. You will be able to perform your e-banking activities all in a secure and private manner. Even if you are physically in Puerto Rico, using a VPN to alter your IP and encrypt your internet traffic will protect you from potential hacking or surveillance.
If that sounds like something you want, then I recommend Surfshark. It is the best VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP. Sure, it’s one of the only VPNs with a server location in the country. However, it's also fast and will give you reliable access to Puerto Rican websites and services. And, since it covers all its plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can try Surfshark out risk-free.
To summarize, the best VPN to get a Puerto Rico IP address is...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.