How to Get a ZenMate Free Trial in 2024 (Tested & Still Works)
- Quick Guide: How to Try ZenMate Free For 30 Days in 3 Easy Steps
- The Ultimate Guide: How to Try ZenMate Free For 30 Days
- Why Choose ZenMate? Streaming-Optimized Servers, User-Friendly, and Secure
- Tips on Testing ZenMate With its Free Trial or Money-Back Guarantee
- FAQs on the ZenMate Free Trial
- Try ZenMate For Free Now
ZenMate is one of the few premium VPNs that still offers a 7-day free trial. As great as that is, I find that 7 days isn't long enough to test a VPN's full functionality, since performance varies day-to-day due to many factors (time of day, congestion, and advances in technology can all affect how it runs). That's why I prefer to use a money-back guarantee. You get full access to all the VPN's features, but for longer. You just have to request a refund within the guarantee period.
If you try ZenMate out using its money-back guarantee, you'll have 30 days to test it out. I tested its refund policy to make sure it's legit. I simply contacted ZenMate through its support page and asked for a refund. After a couple of questions, support approved my request, and I got my money back with no hassle.
Quick Guide: How to Try ZenMate Free For 30 Days in 3 Easy Steps
- Download ZenMate. Head over to the ZenMate website and subscribe to one of its plans.
- Start using it. Test speeds, access geo-restricted content, and enjoy unlimited streaming while being protected by military-grade security features.
- Get a refund! Contact customer support and cancel your ZenMate subscription within 30 days to get your money back.
The Ultimate Guide: How to Try ZenMate Free For 30 Days
Every ZenMate plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up. Claiming a refund is just as quick — just make sure you ask for it within the 30-day guarantee period. To sign up, simply follow the instructions below:
- Visit ZenMate’s website. Go to ZenMate’s website and click on the “Get ZenMate VPN” or “Buy Now” button.
- Select a plan. I found the cheapest option to be the 1-month plan. With the longer plans, you have to pay the full amount upfront.
- Fill out the details. Enter your personal info and payment details and click on the “Next” button.
- Download the app. Go back to your account on the ZenMate website to download the app. There are apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Enjoy ZenMate! Open the app, log in to your account, and hit the large shield button to connect. Once you’re done testing, remember to request your refund within 30 days.
- Request a refund. Go to your account and click on the “Support” tab and find the “Submit Request” menu.
- Fill out ticket details. Provide details where necessary and ask for a refund in the “Description” field and hit the “Send” button.
- Confirm your refund. After you’ve sent a refund request, wait for support to respond.
- Check your bank account. I got my refund 2 days later.
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Superfast speeds for uninterrupted browsing, streaming, gaming, and torrenting
- Military-grade security, a dedicated kill switch, and DNS/IP leak protection
- 4,700+ servers in 81 countries to access content from anywhere
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, Vudu, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
Zenmate has 4,700+ servers in 81 countries, plus a list of streaming-optimized servers. When I tested its US, UK, and Australia servers, I could easily access the streaming sites in these locations. It unblocked Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Pandora, along with gaming and news sites. Therefore, you can enjoy your favorite shows and movies wherever you go.
It’s also impressively fast. I tested its US, Canada, Australia, and UK locations and recorded an average of 25 Mbps. This is 5 times what's needed for HD streaming. Plus, I had no problem finding a fast server for torrenting — it has optimized servers and P2P support across the network. Another benefit is that it prevents your ISP from throttling your bandwidth, which can further increase speeds. In short, you can enjoy uninterrupted browsing, streaming, gaming, and torrenting.
Your identity is protected by its robust privacy features. ZenMate is based in Germany, which is part of the 14 Eyes Alliance. This is an agreement between Canada, the US, the UK, New Zealand, and 10 other countries to share data on their citizens. However, ZenMate enforces a strict no-log policy meaning your IP/DNS address, browser data, location, and other vital information remain secure.
For an added layer of protection, it also includes a built-in ad/tracker/malware blocker. In other words, unwanted third parties will not be able to get their hands on your data.
Military-grade protection ensures safe browsing. It offers 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption, depending on the connection protocol selected. The protocols it supports include OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IKEv2, and SSTP. There’s also a dedicated kill switch and DNS/IP leak protection to avoid accidentally leaking your personal data. I tested ZenMate for data leaks using an independent tool, and it found none. You'll be protected from hackers, trackers, and prying eyes.
Zenmate hides your real locationThe application is easy to use and accessible. It comes in 5 languages: English, German, Turkish, Korean, Russian, and Spanish. There’s also an option to "favor" a server for quick and easy access in the future. This way, you can sort servers for purposes such as streaming and torrenting. In addition to its native app, it has browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
Upon looking at its pricing plans, I found its 3-year plan to be the cheapest at $1.99/month. This is for a ZenMate Ultimate subscription, which offers the most comprehensive options for more devices. The 3-year plan comes with all the same features as the 1-month and 6-month plans and gets billed on an annual basis. However, if you're only interested in testing the service, it's cheaper to go with a 1-month subscription.
Tips on Testing ZenMate With its Free Trial or Money-Back Guarantee
Following a comprehensive evaluation of Zenmate, the results left me satisfied. However, it's important to recognize that its performance can vary based on several factors unique to each user. I recommend testing out ZenMate VPN personally to gauge how it aligns with your regular online tasks. As you assess, pay attention to these specific elements:
- Powerful security features — Many VPNs offer a wide range of encryption systems, but sensitive data can still leak through your ISP. I recommend that you use a DNS/IP leak tool to see whether there are any vulnerabilities. You can also cut your internet connection to see whether the kill switch works.
- Fast speeds — The faster the VPN is, the better your browsing experience will be. Whether you play games, watch movies or simply chat, higher speeds will give you a smoother experience. Try using a free online tool to test ZenMate and see how it performs. The bare minimum for HD is 5 Mbps and 25 Mbps if you want to watch content in 4K.
- Ability to access streaming sites — ZenMate's extensive server network makes it easier to access global content. It allows you to access popular geo-restricted libraries like Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, or Hulu by connecting to a country where the service is available (e.g., US for US Netflix).
- Reliable customer support — ZenMate offers a wide range of different articles and FAQs on its site, but not all problems can be solved this way. Test customer support proficiency by reaching out to them and asking questions not covered in their FAQ.
FAQs on the ZenMate Free Trial
How is ZenMate’s free trial different from its free VPN?
ZenMate’s free trial does not pose any limitations except the length of time you have to use it. Its free VPN is only available as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. It also limits speeds to 2MB/s and you only have access to servers in 4 locations as opposed to the 81 server locations you get with the free trial or money-back guarantee.
ZenMate’s free trial gives you access for 7 days. But you can extend the free trial if you use ZenMate’s 30-day money-back guarantee. That way you aren’t as limited in time, get full access to all features on more devices, and all of this for free as long as you request your refund within the guarantee period.
Can I get the ZenMate free trial for Chrome?
Yes, just sign-up for a 7-day free trial on ZenMate’s website. Once you have an active trial running, you can download the Chrome extension and use it for 7 days. If that’s not enough time, you can extend the trial by using its money-back guarantee. Keep in mind, you can also download a free version of ZenMate for Chrome, but its speeds and server availability are very limited. In addition, the Chrome extension is a proxy, meaning you won’t get the same level of security as the full VPN app gives you.
Is a free trial different from a money-back guarantee?
Yes, free trials don’t require payment upfront while money-back guarantees do. To use ZenMate’s free trial, just create a username and password. With ZenMate's money-back guarantee, you can try it for 30 days. If you are not satisfied with it, you can get a refund if it’s requested within the money-back period.
Try ZenMate For Free Now
The best way to see if a VPN is for you is to test it out yourself. Thankfully, premium services offer a free trial or a flexible money-back guarantee, allowing you to see how its features perform.
ZenMate offers unrestricted access to all of its features but for a very limited time. Instead of rushing through the service, I recommend that you use ZenMate’s 30-day money-back guarantee. That way, you get to experience the full service firsthand for a much longer period of time. As long as you request your refund within the timeframe, you can get your money back in full.