How to Get an Ecuador IP Address Using a VPN in 2024
- Quick Guide: How to Get an Ecuador IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Get an Ecuador IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Maintain Your Privacy With a RAM-Only Ecuador Server
- Surfshark — Unlimited Simultaneous Device Connections To Protect All Your Devices With an Ecuador IP
- Proton VPN — 8 Ecuador Servers Optimized to Load Websites Without Delays
- Hotspot Shield — Maximize Security and Speeds on Its Ecuador Server With the Unique Hydra Protocol
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for an Ecuador IP Address
- FAQs on Getting an Ecuador IP Address With a VPN
- Get an Ecuador IP Address in Minutes
If you move or take a vacation, you can still access essential sites from Ecuador. To do so, you will need to obtain an Ecuador IP address. The safest way to do this is by using a VPN.
A VPN allows you to visit Ecuador sites by hiding your actual IP address and providing one in Ecuador. At the same time, it increases your speeds if your ISP throttles them. This way, you can play online games and download files without slowdowns.
With the right VPN, you can access sensitive information (like your Banco Pichincha account) securely from abroad or add extra protection while surfing websites within Ecuador.
For speeds, safety, and reliability, I recommend ExpressVPN. Its Ecuador server is fast, uses top-notch security features, and consistently accesses websites in Ecuador. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee. This way, if you're not happy with it, you'll have no problem getting a refund.
Quick Guide: How to Get an Ecuador IP Address With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN for its fast Ecuador server and robust security. Plus, you can get it risk-free as it's backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Connect to a server in Ecuador. Choose the Ecuador location from the server list and click ‘Connect’. Once connected, your IP address will change to Ecuador.
- Start browsing! Enjoy fast and secure access to your favorite Ecuador content, manage your bank account with Produbanco, read local news, and more!
Why You Need a VPN to Get an Ecuador IP Address
Some Ecuador sites are inaccessible from different countries. This can make it difficult to catch on the local news or manage your Ecuadorian banking accounts from abroad since it may get flagged as suspicious activity.
What's more, you may be blocked from the free and open web altogether if you're in a suppressive location like China or the UAE. However, a VPN can help you access the sites you need — whether you go on vacation or move to another country.
When you connect to a VPN, it sends your traffic through an encrypted tunnel. It also provides you with an IP address in another location, such as Ecuador. Your real IP address is hidden during this time, so no one can see your real location. To the sites you visit, it looks like you’re browsing from Ecuador. This means you'll have no problem accessing Ecuador news, online banking services, and more.
Additionally, a VPN protects your personal data with security features like military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy. This means you can safely access your favorite Ecuador sites without being exposed to hackers, trackers, or prying eyes.
Best VPNs to Get an Ecuador IP Address From Anywhere in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|TrustedServer technology featuring RAM-only servers to keep your data private
|3,000 servers in 105 countries, including Ecuador
|Security and Privacy
|Military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN protocol, and an automatic kill switch called Network Lock
|Canela TV, Gamavisión, Teleamazonas, EcuadorTV, Ecuavisa, TC Televisión, Plex, and more
ExpressVPN’s TrustedServer technology uses RAM-only servers, meaning all data is wiped with every reboot. It ensures none of your data can inadvertently be saved by preventing it from writing to the hard drive. Additionally, it adheres to an audited no-logs policy. This means that ExpressVPN does not record your sessions, your original IP address, or what websites you visit while using its Ecuador IPs.
ExpressVPN has excellent speeds, especially with its Lightway protocol, so you can stream without buffering, torrent quickly using uTorrent, and game without lag. While in Quito, I tested an Ecuador server, and it allowed me to watch El Mejor Pelotero on Canela TV with zero interruptions.
One downside to it is that its subscriptions are more expensive than other VPNs with Ecuador servers. However, if you're unsure, you can try ExpressVPN out risk-free as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you find it's not for you, you can easily claim a refund.
- Threat Manager. This feature blocks malicious apps and sites from communicating with third parties and your private information out of the hands of snoops and hackers while using ExpressVPN’s Ecuador IP.
- Split tunneling. You can choose which apps connect via the VPN to read Ecuador's websites while gaming or torrenting with your regular IP.
- DNS/IPv6 leak protection. It prevents your new Ecuador IP from leaking, so you can visit Ecuador sites anonymously. To be sure you can trust this, I tested it with a leak-detecting tool and found none.
- Shortcuts. You can find this feature in the Options menu. It lets you add your favorite Ecuador apps and websites, and once the VPN is connected, you’ll have easy 1-click access.
2. Surfshark — Unlimited Simultaneous Device Connections To Protect All Your Devices With an Ecuador IP
|Your whole family can browse safely and privately with unlimited simultaneous device connections
|3,200 RAM servers in 100 countries, including Ecuador
|Security and Privacy
|AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, no-logs policy, and DNS leak protection
|Netflix Originals with the Ecuador server, TC Televisión, RTS, Banco Pichincha, and more
Surfshark is the only provider on my list with unlimited simultaneous device connections, so you can keep your whole family safe on all their devices for one price. This means you can get an Ecuador IP on whichever device you’re using without having to disconnect others. I tested it on 4 devices and successfully protected them all.
Where Surfshark falls is the Ecuador server is a virtual location generated via software that mimics the behavior of a physical hardware server. This means it cannot offer the same level of robust and stable connection that a physical server can. As a result, my speed tests returned variable results, typically between 35–89 Mbps. That said, this should still be a comfortable enough speed to enjoy most online content without interruptions.
Surfshark is one of my top picks as it is one of the more cost-efficient VPNs, with subscriptions starting at only $2.89/month. Not sure if it is the right choice for you? You can try it out completely risk-free with its money-back guarantee.
- IP Rotator. This makes it even harder for would-be onlookers to track you by automatically changing your Ecuador IP address throughout your session without disconnecting you from your chosen server.
- MultiHop servers. You can choose a double VPN encryption for extra security by setting a MultiHop connection with the Ecuador server and another one that’s closer to you for better speeds.
- CleanWeb. Surfshark blocks ads and malware while boosting your browsing speeds and saving bandwidth when torrenting.
- Camouflage mode. This is Surfshark’s automatic obfuscation feature that hides the fact you’re using a VPN for more security if you choose its OpenVPN protocol. It makes it a good addition if you’re connected to an Ecuador server on a restrictive network.
|8 Ecuador servers, all optimized to deliver quick speeds and unlimited bandwidth
|3,427 servers in 71 countries, including Ecuador
|Security and Privacy
|No-log policy, NetShield ad-blocker, AES 256-bit encryption, and DNS leak prevention
|Netflix Originals with an Ecuador server, Teleamazonas, TC Televisión, RTS, Plex, and more
With average speeds of 100+ Mbps on its 8 Ecuadorian servers, Proton VPN offers a fantastic viewing experience. All 8 are optimized for streaming, and since it works with Netflix (though just the Originals), it is a good choice for TV and movie lovers who want to secure their streaming sessions. That said, I still recommend ExpressVPN for streaming since it works with Netflix properly. Nevertheless, I could enjoy watching Wednesday in UHD without buffering while in Quito.
One of the unique attributes of Proton VPN is the capacity to establish custom profiles. You can set your preferences for a standard Ecuador server, Secure Core, P2P, or Tor server under the 'Profiles' tab on the home screen. It then allows you to specify the protocol, country, and exact server location for each, or permit Proton VPN to select a random or quickest server option. Each profile can be given a unique name and color, and can be turned on with a single click.
Want to give Proton VPN a try? With a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can contact customer support if you’re not 100% satisfied. You can pay via credit/debit card, PayPal, or Bitcoin.
- Kill switch. If your connection is interrupted unexpectedly, the kill switch immediately blocks all traffic so the details about your browsing session cannot be exposed while connected to its Ecuador servers.
- VPN Accelerator. You’ll find this option in the ‘Connection’ settings. Once enabled, a series of performance enhancements are activated that could boost your connection speeds on any server, including the Ecuador ones.
- Full disk encryption servers. If Proton VPN’s Ecuador servers were somehow compromised, the data would still be utterly inaccessible to the attacker, preventing them from taking control of your connection.
- Protected by Swiss privacy laws. Some of the world’s most robust data protection laws mean Proton VPN can never be forced to turn over any information to a third party under any circumstances.
4. Hotspot Shield — Maximize Security and Speeds on Its Ecuador Server With the Unique Hydra Protocol
|Features its own Hydra Catapult protocol to protect you when visiting Ecuador sites from abroad
|1,800 servers in 80 countries, including 1 in Ecuador
|Security and Privacy
|DNS leak protection and filtering blocks high-risk websites and harmful content to keep you protected online
|Teleamazonas, TC Televisión, RTS, and more
I was impressed by Hotspot Shield’s security protocol, Hydra Catapult, during testing. It offers bank-level security, which encrypts your connection to look like regular web traffic, making it difficult for censors to block. Of the 3 supported protocols, Hydra is also able to offer this protection without sacrificing speed. I enabled this while connected to its Ecuador server and got only a 19% drop in my base speed. This means you can read local content without interruptions while keeping your connection secure.
Although there is a slight downside in that the VPN records the timing and length of your connections, it's crucial to highlight that it doesn't log any personal data that could be used to identify you individually.
You can trial Hotspot Shield with the backing of its 45-day free money-back guarantee. I tested this myself and had no issues. All I had to do was submit a request and provide a reason for canceling. Within 5 days, the money was back in my account.
- 256-bit encryption. 256-bit is the best encryption available and is favored by finance, government, and military sectors. You can feel confident in accessing and transmitting sensitive information online with Hotspot Shield’s Ecuador servers. Plus, like the other VPNs on this list, it offers perfect forward secrecy, which further protects your data security.
- Malware protection. This feature is available on all Hotspot Shield apps. It shields you from malware while connected to its Ecuador server or any others thus keeping your devices protected.
- Traffic Proxy and Obfuscation. These attributes work together to bypass restrictions imposed by your local network or trackers, allowing you to read websites that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- WiFi ‘Auto-protect’. You can enable this feature with one click, so the moment you enter an unsecured WiFi network in a public space, the VPN automatically turns on to prevent your data from leaking while connected to the Ecuador servers.
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for an Ecuador IP Address
In your quest for the ideal VPN, key factors to consider are robust security, high-speed performance, and dependability. The VPNs I've chosen align with these criteria, and I will now offer a detailed explanation of what aspects to focus on, equipping you with the knowledge to make a well-informed choice while shopping for a VPN.
- Servers located in Ecuador — You need them to access your bank accounts and other local content. It is even better if it offers multiple servers in Ecuador, so you have alternative options in case of overcrowding or a poor connection.
- Strong security and privacy features — A premium VPN should offer 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS/IP leak protection, and a no-logs policy. These features are necessary to keep your data safe while traveling from your device to the server and onto the page you are trying to access.
- Works with your devices and operating systems — The VPN you choose should be compatible with the devices and operating systems that you will be using. I would suggest looking for VPNs that offer apps for all major devices for easy download and use.
- Reliably works with Ecuador websites — You must be sure it works consistently with your favorite news sites, banking apps, and other websites you need to access from outside Ecuador.
- Fast speeds — Fast servers and unlimited bandwidth help you avoid long loading times and throttling while you game, browse, and torrent.
- Excellent customer support — Whether by email, live chat, or phone, there should be dependable support to handle your questions and concerns. As a bonus, all of the VPNs on this list offer 24/7 live support.
- Trustworthy money-back guarantee — For sufficient time to test a VPN’s features and peace of mind, it should offer a money-back guarantee period.
FAQs on Getting an Ecuador IP Address With a VPN
Is using a VPN to get an Ecuador IP address legal?
Using a VPN to get an Ecuador IP address is legal in most countries. However, in strictly censored countries (i.e., China, North Korea, Turkey), they are completely banned or heavily restricted. I recommend checking your local laws to avoid getting penalized. On the other hand, getting an Ecuador IP address to access Ecuador sites from abroad is easy if you’re in a location where VPNs are legal.
Note that accessing your local streaming libraries from different countries using a VPN breaches the streaming platform's terms of service and could be seen as copyright infringement. We don't encourage illegal activity, and it's your responsibility to use the VPN in compliance with the relevant rules and laws.
Will a free VPN give me an Ecuador IP address?
It might, but there are several reasons why I would not recommend using a free VPN. You will likely find it challenging to find a free VPN that even offers a server in Ecuador. Free VPNs are very limited and typically focus on providing access to more popular locations such as the US and Europe. As a result of having a limited number of servers, they're usually overcrowded and limit your speeds. They also have strict data caps, making them ill-suited for gaming or torrenting.
Most importantly, free VPNs offer little security and privacy. They are known to collect user information to target you with annoying ads or expose your data to hackers and malware. Plus, they typically don’t use robust enough security features to mask your location — making it challenging to access websites while traveling.
It’s not worth the risk — instead, I recommend trying one of the premium VPNs on this list. Each one offers uncapped data, is highly secure, and can successfully mask your location. This way, you’ll have consistent access to Ecuador sites and protection from cyber threats.
Can I get an Ecuador IP address without a VPN?
There are other ways to get an Ecuador IP address without a VPN, but I don’t recommend them. The other options include using the Tor browser, Smart DNS, or a proxy server. However, they don’t offer the same level of security as the VPNs on this list.
Tor is a dark web browser that offers you anonymity and the ability to access restricted content. However, Tor presents risk; it’s a place where hackers and malware could infect your device or collect personal data. I don’t recommend using it to access banking sites, or anywhere you log in using personal credentials. It assigns you random IP addresses from multiple countries to mask your actual location. Or, you can configure Tor to connect you with only Ecuador IP addresses.
Smart DNS or proxies are another option. Some VPNs even offer these features, but proxies alone are not enough to protect your personal information. It’s similar to a less secure VPN — it provides you with a new IP address but does not offer encryption or DNS/IP leak protection. Without these features, sites can pick up on the signal your device sends out and find out your location. This means that you’ll have a harder time accessing Ecuador sites, and your personal data is at risk of exposure to third parties like internet service providers, authorities, and other surveillance.
Smart DNS, on the other hand, changes your DNS address and also doesn’t encrypt your connection.
How can I check if my IP address has changed to Ecuador?
You can use an online tool to check your IP address quickly and easily. First, connect your VPN to an Ecuador server. Next, use our free IP address reading tool. If it shows the VPN’s IP address, you’ve connected successfully and can safely access Ecuador sites. If your regular IP is displayed, your actual location has leaked.
Get an Ecuador IP Address in Minutes
To maintain your virtual connection to Ecuador, I recommend downloading a VPN to get a local IP. It keeps your personal data protected while encrypting your traffic. This way, you can access Ecuador sites for news, banking, torrents, gaming, and more. You'll even be able to use public WiFi and access your personal accounts safely.
ExpressVPN is my top choice since it offers strong security, reliability, and a fast Ecuador server. You can even test all of ExpressVPN's features out risk-free. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you're unhappy with the service, you'll have no problem getting a refund.
To summarize, the best VPNs to get an Ecuador IP address are...
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.