How to Install Private Internet Access (PIA) on FireStick in 2024
Installing a VPN on your Firestick is a great way to unblock geo-restricted content from all around the world. Most VPNs won’t allow you to access your favorite streaming platforms, so Private Internet Access is a reliable choice.
Private Internet Access is available to download on the Amazon App Store and has a super easy installation process on Firestick. So, you’ll be able to watch any of your favorite movies and shows regardless of where you are.
Try PIA free with its 30-day money-back guarantee — it offers fast speeds, unblocks hundreds of platforms, and protects you from threats online. If you later decide you don’t like it, you can ask for a full refund.
The Ultimate Guide: How to Install Private Internet Access on Firestick
Setting up PIA on Firestick is a straightforward procedure, offering two distinct methods for installation.
Important! You will need a 2nd or 3rd-gen Firestick to install PIA without any issues.
Download PIA From the Play Store
- Download PIA. Access PIA and create an account. Then, go to the App Store on your Amazon Fire Stick and download the app.
- Log in to your account. Run the PIA app and then log in with your premium account.
- Connect to a server. Choose a server — the US, UK, and Japan servers offer great speeds and access to many streaming platforms.
- Enjoy watching your favorite shows. Watch and unblock your favorite shows using your Firestick.
Sideload PIA Onto Your Amazon FireStick
- Get PIA. Create an account and get your login credentials.
- Configure your Firestick. Navigate to “Settings” on the top bar and select “My Fire TV”
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources. Click on “Apps from Unknown Sources” and toggle to the on position.
- Install the “Downloader” app. Search for “Downloader” and install it from the Amazon App Store.
- Open Downloader and look for PIA. Run the “Downloader” app, select the text box and enter the following — “https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/installer/download_installer_android”
- Install PIA. Now, click on “Go” and install PIA on Firestick
- Log in to your account. Open PIA and log in with your account.
- Connect to a server. Choose any server from the list and connect to it.
- Stream your favorite shows. Enjoy watching your favorite shows and bypassing any geo-blocks.
Private Internet Access Features in 2024
Tested March 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- 29,650 servers in 91 countries
- Superfast speeds
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- Can unblock: Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Firestick, Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
Private Internet Access offers a massive worldwide server network. This helps you watch your favorite shows without any connection issues. I tested multiple servers, and it only took me around 5 seconds to connect to each one. All the servers were reliable, and I didn’t experience any lag or stutters.
You also get superfast speeds for streaming your favorite shows. I tested the US and UK servers and got an average speed of 65 Mbps. This was fast enough for a lag-free HD and 4K streaming experience. So, you’ll be able to unblock streaming platforms and watch the latest episodes in high quality.
A slight negative of using PIA is that it is based in the US, a country with strict data sharing laws. This means it will always need to comply if the government requests any user data. However, PIA uses RAM servers that are wiped clean each day, so if it were asked to provide information about you it would be unlikely to have anything to give.
It also comes with some awesome deals to grab, helping you bring down the subscription plan to just $2.03/month. Since all of its plans have the same features, the long-term plan offers the best value.
Try PIA risk-free with a 30-day money-back guarantee. I tested its money-back claims by requesting a full refund. My experience was smooth sailing, and I just had to talk to the representative about why I didn’t want to keep the app. After around 10 minutes, my request was approved, and the money was refunded within a week.
FAQs on Installing Private Internet Access on Firestick
Will a VPN slow down my speeds on Firestick?
Yes, a VPN will slow down your speeds on Firestick. However, you can mitigate this issue by using a premium VPN that offers fast speeds and multiple protocols to make sure you don’t face any lag or stutters.
Can I use a VPN on my first-generation Firestick?
Yes, you can use a VPN on your 1st-gen Firestick. However, you won't be able to install the VPN normally through the Amazon App Store. You would need a VPN that can be installed on your router so that you can bypass geo-blocks easily.
Can I use a free VPN for Firestick?
Yes, you can use a free VPN on your Firestick. But, I don’t recommend doing that as most free VPNs just don’t work, and many will sell your data to make some money. Security is also seriously lacking in free VPNs, and you may put yourself at risk from cyber attacks. So, I highly recommend sticking to a premium VPN for your Firestick.
Install Private Internet Access on Firestick Today!
Installing Private Internet Access on Firestick isn’t really challenging. All you need to do is search for the app on the Amazon App Store and install it. However, if you can’t install it that way, you can also use “Downloader” to install the VPN on your Firestick.
Try PIA free with its 30-day money-back guarantee. It offers blazing-fast speeds, a massive server network, and can easily be installed through the Amazon App Store.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.