3 Best VPNs to Watch Belarusian TV in 2024 (Fast & Reliable)
- Best VPNs for Belarusian TV — Full Analysis (Updated 2024)
- ExpressVPN — Fastest Speeds for Watching Belarusian TV Securely Without Interruptions
- CyberGhost — Intuitive Apps to Easily Stream Belarusian TV Channels in HD
- Hotspot Shield — Allows Many Connections So You Can Watch Belarusian TV Securely on All Your Devices
- Quick Comparison Table: Belarusian TV VPN Features
- Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Securely Watching Belarusian TV
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Belarusian TV Securely With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- FAQs on Best VPNs for Belarusian TV
- Get the Best VPN for Securely Streaming Belarusian TV
Most VPNs don't have Belarusian servers, so you can't use them to securely stream TV in Belarus. This makes choosing a reliable service a tall order. Finding a VPN that provides good picture quality without buffering is even more difficult.
To save you the hassle of trying multiple apps, our team in Belarus tested the handful of VPNs with servers in the country to pick the best ones. While you can theoretically use a VPN to watch Belarusian TV channels from anywhere, this is against most streaming sites' Terms of Service and can be seen as copyright infringement.
If you want to secure your data while streaming from Belarus, ExpressVPN is my top recommendation for Belarusian TV. It’s the fastest option and compatible with a wide range of streaming devices. Plus, you can try it risk-free since it is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Short on Time? Here Are the Best VPNs for Securely Watching Belarusian TV in 2024
Best VPNs for Belarusian TV — Full Analysis (Updated 2024)
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Lightway protocol moves data quickly for streaming securely in HD
|Just a 5% speed loss — far less than any other VPN I tried
|Watch Belarusian TV on up to 8 devices simultaneously
|1 virtual server location for Belarus via the Netherlands
ExpressVPN’s server for Belarus was incredibly fast. Its Lightway protocol is more efficient compared to the protocols other VPNs use. When I tested it from Minsk, my average download speed never dipped below 54Mbps against a 57.76Mbps base speed. This is ideal for watching STV and NTV from Belarus, since you only need 5Mbps for HD streaming.
I had trouble watching some channels in HD using the virtual server from my location in Belarus. However, my international teammates tested it from nearby countries where these channels are also available and it worked perfectly using those servers. Our testers streamed Belarus 1, Belarus-24, NTV-Belarus, ONT, and STV without any buffering.
Additionally, ExpressVPN is one of the only VPNs with a router app. This means you can securely watch TV channels on all your devices in Belarus — even if they don’t usually support VPNs. This was quick to set up on my router so I could stream in HD on my Apple TV.
With plans starting at $6.67/month, ExpressVPN's price might initially seem steep. However, its longer-term plans offer savings of up to 49%. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there's no risk in trying it out. I found its refund process pretty straightforward — filing a claim took under 5 minutes, and the refund was in my bank account within a day.
- Browser extensions. There are convenient browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, and Opera. They allow you to securely watch sites like TVR Gomel and Netflix directly from your browser while in Belarus without having to run the full app.
- Shortcuts. This feature lets you create shortcuts that give you one-click access to your favorite apps and websites once the VPN connects. For example, you can add shortcuts to Belarus 1 and NTV-Belarus.
- 24/7 live chat. You can reach out to the support team for instant assistance if you encounter any issues while streaming. Its team was helpful and responsive when I tested it.
|Quick setup so you can start watching your favorite shows in minutes
|Slowed down by 39.4%, but still had no trouble streaming in HD
|Connect up to 7 devices at the same time
|Multiple virtual servers for Minsk to watch Belarusian TV channels
CyberGhost’s user-friendly design is perfect if you aren’t very familiar with VPNs. I really liked its App Rules feature, which lets you set it up to connect to a server for Belarus as soon as you open a specific app. I configured it to connect when I opened Netflix on my laptop while I was in Belarus, which saved me the hassle of remembering to start it manually.
With 40+ servers for Belarus, no other VPN has a larger server network for the country. This gives you ample choices for watching TV securely while in Belarus. I had to try a few different servers, but I was able to use it to secure my data while watching most popular sites from my location in Belarus. This included Belarus 1, Belarus 24, NTV-Belarus, ONT, SVT, RTR, and TVR Gomel. Although slower than ExpressVPN, its servers proved fast enough for streaming in HD during tests, too.
The $2.03/month price on the monthly plan may seem high, but you can get value for your money by signing up for CyberGhost's longer-term plans. I saved 84% by buying the longest plan. It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee that lets you try CyberGhost for free while you’re in Belarus.
- Smart DNS. This helps you watchTV channels in HD from Belarus on devices that don’t support native VPN apps, like your smart TV, Apple TV, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- Automatic protocol selection. This feature lets CyberGhost select the best protocol for you based on your network conditions, ensuring seamless secure streaming in Belarus.
- WiFi protection. With this feature enabled, CyberGhost automatically establishes a secure connection whenever you connect to a new WiFi network. This allows you to watch your shows securely in Belarus, even when connected to public networks.
3. Hotspot Shield — Allows Many Connections So You Can Watch Belarusian TV Securely on All Your Devices
|Protect all your devices at once while streaming
|17.7% speed loss, still quick enough for HD streaming
|Supports 5 simultaneous devices connections on the regular plan
|Several locations for Belarus, so you have plenty of servers to choose from
Hotspot Shield lets you connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. This is extremely beneficial if you have a large household of Belarusian TV fans like I do. With each device operating independently, everyone can enjoy their favorite shows in HD from Belarus without interruption. I tested this from Belarus by streaming on 4 different devices, and they all gave me superb video quality.
Its proprietary Hydra Protocol delivered decent, consistent speeds when I tested it. Unlike traditional VPN protocols, Hydra maintains stable connections and combats latency, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted streaming as you binge on TV shows securely from Belarus. While it’s not as fast as ExpressVPN or CyberGhost, it still gave me clear streaming quality.
I found it a bit disappointing that Hotspot Shield isn’t compatible with Linux, smart TVs, gaming consoles, or some other devices. Still, it’s compatible with many router brands, so you can use it on any device connected to the router.
Hotspot Shield offers diverse pricing plans and attractive discounts, with the most affordable starting at $2.99/month. It offers a 45-day money-back guarantee, so you can try all of Hotspot Shield’s features without risk.
- Makes it easy to securely watch TV shows in Belarus. Hotspot Shield worked with all the channels that I tried from within the country.
- Easy to install and use. The app is very simple. You can get it up and running in just a few minutes, and connecting to the right server is straightforward.
- SmartVPN. This is Hotspot Shield’s version of split tunneling, which allows selective traffic routing through the VPN. You can set Hotspot Shield to only route your TV streaming through the VPN while your other internet activities go through your Belarusian ISP.
Quick Comparison Table: Belarusian TV VPN Features
I compiled a quick comparison table for you to easily compare the key features of the top three VPNs for watching Belarusian TV seurely. Here's how ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and Hotspot Shield stack up against each other:
Tips on Choosing the Best VPN for Securely Watching Belarusian TV
When looking for a VPN, there are some key non-negotiables you should consider. Here are the main factors I tested for when determining the best VPNs for watching Belarusian TV in HD.
- Servers for Belarus. I started by confirming that each of the VPNs I recommend has servers for Belarus.
- Fast speeds. Streaming securely requires a fast connection, especially if you want to watch in high definition. Always go for a VPN that has a fast protocol, like Lightway or WireGuard.
- Device compatibility. To enjoy TV shows in HD on various devices, pick a VPN with apps for all popular platforms and streaming devices.
- Excellent customer support. This ensures that you’ll get quick and helpful support in case you run into issues while trying to watch Belarusian TV shows securely.
- Offers a money-back guarantee. This gives you an opportunity to test the service without risk. I confirmed that each of the VPNs on this list has a trustworthy money-back guarantee of at least 30 days.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Belarusian TV Securely With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN due to its exceptionally fast speeds and reliable connections, which make it an excellent choice for streaming Belarusian TV in HD. Plus, you can try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days.
- Connect to a Belarus server near you. The closer the server is to you, the faster your connection will typically be.
- Start streaming. Open your favorite Belarusian TV channel’s website, like Belarus 1 or Netflix Belarus, and start steaming securely.
FAQs on Best VPNs for Belarusian TV
What's the best VPN for watching Belarusian TV securely?
ExpressVPN is the number 1 VPN for watching TV securely in Belarus. It has the best speeds for streaming in HD, while its stable connections prevent annoying interruptions while you’re enjoying your favorite shows. It also works with more Belarusian streaming sites than other VPNs.
Although you can theoretically use ExpressVPN (or any other VPN) to get a Belarusian IP and unblock streaming sites from abroad, this is a copyright violation. At vpnMentor, we do not condone using a VPN for such purposes.
Can I watch Belarusian TV in the US?
Theoretically, you could watch Belarusian TV in the US using a VPN, but this would go against most streaming sites’ Terms of Service. It’s also a potential copyright violation. No one can monitor what you do online when you’re using a VPN, so it’s your responsibility to make sure you’re abiding by the rules. In case you want to watch TV securely and you’re in Belarus, you must use a VPN with servers for Belarus.
Is it possible to use a free VPN to watch Belarusian TV securely?
Free VPNs aren’t very reliable for streaming or security. Many don’t have servers in the country, while others have dismally slow speeds, making them virtually useless for streaming. The most reliable way to watch TV securely in Belarus with a VPN is to use an affordable service that works, such as ExpressVPN.
Which VPN is the fastest?
Having tested all of the major VPNs on the market, I found that ExpressVPN was the fastest by a considerable margin. That said, any of these top VPNs will do an excellent job of streaming securely in Belarus without any buffering.
How can I get a Belarusian IP address?
The most reliable way to get a Belarusian IP address is to use a VPN with servers in the country. When you connect to the server, the VPN routes your traffic through the server, so your traffic appears to originate from the server’s IP address. All the VPNs recommended here have servers in Belarus, so all of them can give you a Belarusian IP.
Bear in mind that while you could hypothetically use a VPN to obtain a Belarus IP and unblock streaming sites from abroad, this is a copyright infringement. It also goes against most streaming sites’ Terms of Service.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch Belarusian TV securely?
It is generally legal to use a VPN in most countries. No matter where you are, it’s always advisable to use a trustworthy VPN. However, if you are not in Belarus, you could break the streaming service’s Terms of Service and infringe on copyright laws by using a VPN to do this.
That said, remember that the legality of VPN use can vary from one country to another, and laws can change over time. So it's always wise to check the most current laws and regulations in your specific location before using a VPN. Additionally, remember to ensure that you always use VPNs responsibly and for legal activities.
Get the Best VPN for Securely Streaming Belarusian TV
After extensive testing, I found that ExpressVPN is the top choice for watching Belarusian TV securely from within the country. It offers incredibly fast speeds that ensure smooth and uninterrupted streaming, while its wide device compatibility allows you to stream securely and in HD on various devices. It even has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so there's no risk in testing it out.
To summarize, these are the best VPNs for watching Belarusian TV securely from Belarus…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.