How to Watch Peacock TV Outside the US in 2023 (Easy Guide)
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Peacock TV From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch Peacock TV From Anywhere in 2023
- ExpressVPN — Super-Fast Speeds for Watching Peacock TV in Ultra HD
- CyberGhost — Easy User Interface to Stream Peacock TV Immediately
- Private Internet Access — Extensive US Server Network for Watching Peacock TV Uninterrupted
- How to Watch Peacock TV on Any Device Outside the US
- FAQs on Watching Peacock TV With a VPN
- Start Watching Peacock TV Now
NBC’s Peacock TV has some fantastic shows like The Office and Downton Abbey available for free. This made it more frustrating that I couldn’t access my account while traveling outside the US. Peacock blocks you if you try logging in outside the US due to restrictions called geoblocks. However, there is a way to bypass them and access all the Peacock TV shows you want to see.
You can get past Peacock TV’s geographic restrictions and into your favorite shows using a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your virtual location by connecting to a server in another country. So, if you’re connected to a US server, you’ll appear as if you’re there. This makes it appear to Peacock that you’re browsing from that country.
Out of all the VPNs I tested, my #1 recommendation is ExpressVPN. It has ultra-fast connection speeds, reliable servers, and an easy-to-use app. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free with Peacock TV. If it’s not for you, you can get a full refund.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Peacock TV From Anywhere in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its reliability and fast connection speeds.
- Select a US server. When you open your VPN app, you’ll see a list of servers in locations around the world. Peacock is available in the US, so connect to a US server to make it appear as if you’re browsing from there.
- Start watching Peacock TV! Once you’re connected to a US server, you can easily sign in to your Peacock TV account and watch an episode of The Office or a Friday night football game.
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Peacock TV
Peacock TV is only available to users in the US due to broadcasting restrictions and licensing agreements on its content. It may not be able to get the rights to a show in multiple countries, or they may not think there’s enough of a market to justify paying for them. If you’ve tried accessing your account outside of the US, you’ve probably seen an error message like this:
Peacock uses restrictions called geoblocks that can block you from watching based on your location. It can see where you’re browsing from by looking at your IP address. That way if you’re not in a country where the platform is available, you won’t be able to watch.
You can get past these geographic restrictions by using a VPN to get a US IP address. A VPN routes your internet traffic through a server in the country you choose, masking your actual IP address with one from that country. Once you connect to a server in the US, you’ll get access to all your favorite shows on Peacock TV.
Streaming services like Peacock are constantly working to improve their VPN-detecting technologies, so you need a quality VPN to get access. To save you some time, I’ve tested various VPNs and made a list of the best ones you can use for watching Peacock TV anywhere.
Tested February 2023 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
- Lightning-fast speeds
- 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including 24 server locations in the US
- 5 simultaneous device connections
- Can unblock: Peacock TV, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
ExpressVPN’s super-fast speeds ensure that you can watch your favorite Peacock TV shows in Ultra HD. When I tested it out on several US servers, I got average download speeds of 385 Mbps. This was just a 10% drop from my base connection of 427 Mbps. Since the acceptable drop in speeds is up to 20%, the results were impressive. I was able to watch an episode of Downton Abbey without any lag or buffering.
It has 24 US server locations, so you’ll never have to worry about overcrowding and slow connection speeds. ExpressVPN also updates its IP addresses constantly, making sure that geo-restricted sites like Peacock TV can’t block them. I tested it out while traveling using servers in Chicago, New York, Phoenix, Atlanta, and San Francisco and got into my Peacock account every time.
ExpressVPN’s apps are also very easy to use, so you can get online and stream in minutes. When I opened the macOS app, I was able to see a complete list of its server locations around the world with just 1 click. From there, you can simply type “United States” in the search bar and click the dropdown menu to select a specific server location. If you click on the country instead, ExpressVPN will automatically select the fastest server there. It’ll then save that country in “Recent Location” so you can find it easily the next time.
It also offers a Smart DNS called MediaStreamer to watch Peacock TV on devices that don’t support VPN apps, like streaming sticks and gaming consoles. It doesn’t give you the security benefits of a VPN, but it can unblock US streaming services, including Peacock TV. To set up MediaStreamer, all I had to do was register my IP address on ExpressVPN’s website and copy the given DNS code to my PS4’s network settings.
ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive VPN options, with plans starting at $6.67/month. However, it’s offering a great deal right now with a 49% discount on your subscription. Its most popular plan is charged yearly, but you can also pay monthly or every 6 months.
All of its subscription plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free with Peacock TV. If you’re not satisfied, you can get a full refund. To make sure it’s legitimate, I signed up for a new account to see for myself. After 3 weeks, I used the 24/7 live chat to request a refund and got my money back, no questions asked. The representative responded immediately, and the money were back in my account within 4 days.
- Intuitive app
- 11 servers in the US and streaming-optimized servers
- 7 simultaneous device connections
- Can unblock: Peacock TV, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Vudu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, Apple TV, and more
CyberGhost is a great VPN if you’re a beginner because of its easy-to-use app. Once you navigate to the servers menu, you’ll see a tab for all locations and another one only for the streaming-optimized ones. To start watching Peacock, you can search for any US server from the whole list or just type in your preferred US location in the search bar. It took me just 3 seconds to find a server and connect to it. You can also favorite your most-used servers for easy access.
It has 11 servers in the US, so you’ll have plenty of options to watch Peacock TV while traveling abroad. I tested out its LA, Miami, NY, San Francisco, and Seattle servers and they all unblocked Peacock TV on my first try. It also has a US server location optimized for unblocking NBC that worked great as the others. With CyberGhost’s reliable server connections, I was able to stream an episode of The Office with no interruptions.
CyberGhost also performed well in my speed tests, and my results showed that you can watch Peacock TV without any lag or buffering. Testing US servers, I got average speeds of 375 Mbps — only a 12% drop from my base connection of 427 Mbps. While this is a little slower than the speeds I got from ExpressVPN, it’s still fast enough to stream in HD, which requires 5 Mbps.
One minor drawback is that its short-term plan is more expensive than some other providers and only offers a 14-day money-back guarantee. However, its other plans are more affordable, starting from $2.19/month for its longest subscription, and come with a longer refund period.
All of CyberGhost’s longer plans offer a 45-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out without any risks. Just so you don't miss the refund period, I suggest you go into your account and disable auto-renewal. I tested the guarantee and had no trouble getting my refund. You can use the 24/7 live chat to request your money back. When I did this, the agent asked me if there was anything they could do, but didn’t push me to stay. I received an email confirmation and then my money back within 5 days.
- 29,650 servers worldwide, with 53 in the US
- 10 simultaneous device connections
- Fast speeds
- Can unblock: Peacock TV, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Roku, gaming consoles, and more
Private Internet Access has 53 servers in the US, making sure you can watch Peacock TV uninterrupted, without any overcrowding issues. It also has servers optimized for streaming on the US East and West Coasts, which worked great with Peacock TV. I further tested out US servers in Wilmington, Denver, Seattle, New York, and Florida and had a stable and reliable connection every time.
It has impressive speeds, so you can watch any Peacock show you choose in HD. I watched an episode of Parks and Recreation on the US East streaming-optimized server and had no issues with buffering, quality, or lag. In my speed tests using several US servers, I got average speeds of 164 Mbps — only 15% slower than my base connection of 195 Mbps. This is a bit slower than ExpressVPN and CyberGhost, but still good for HD streaming.
PIA offers a lot of options to customize your settings, which can make it a bit overwhelming if you’re a VPN beginner. The good news is that, in order to watch Peacock TV, all you need to do is choose a US server and connect to it. The app comes pre-configured, so you don’t have to change anything to make it work.
It offers a 1-month plan alongside 2 yearly subscriptions that come with the same features. The cheapest option is the long-term plan that you can get for $2.19/month.
All plans are covered by its 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out with Peacock TV risk-free. When I tested it out, I was able to get a refund pretty quickly through PIA’s live chat. They asked for my order number and gave me the option to troubleshoot any issues, along with the option to cancel and refund my account. I got my money back within 5 days.
With a VPN, you can watch Peacock TV on any device from anywhere. This includes Android or iOS smartphones and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, smart TVs, Windows or Mac computers, Vizio TV, and Xfinity devices.
Smartphones and Desktops
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it has super-fast speeds for Ultra HD streaming. You can download the VPN app from its website if you’re on a desktop, or from your phone’s app store. You’ll then be able to log in or sign up for an account.
- Connect to a US server. This will make it appear to Peacock TV that you’re browsing from the US.
- Log into your Peacock TV account. You can do this by following the prompts on Peacock TV’s website if you’re on a computer or by using the Peacock TV app if you’re on a mobile. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to sign up with your US zip code.
- Start watching Peacock TV! You can now enjoy your favorite shows and movies even when you’re traveling abroad.
Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles
Most devices other than desktops or smartphones don’t support native VPN apps. This includes Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, smart TVs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Chromecast. To use your VPN to watch Peacock TV on these devices, you’ll need to configure it on your router. This guide shows you the steps for ExpressVPN’s router app, but the general steps will also apply to most other router setups.
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s one of the only VPNs with a router app, which makes it much easier to use.
- Download the router firmware. You can log into your router by typing your router’s IP address into your browser. Then you can download your router’s firmware from the manufacturer’s website.
- Connect your router to the internet. After that, you can install ExpressVPN’s router firmware.
- Select a US server. Open ExpressVPN’s router app, connect to a US server, and it will give you a US IP address so that you can access Peacock TV.
- Connect your device to the router network. After you connect it, open up Peacock TV on your device and start watching!
Some VPNs, like ExpressVPN, have native apps for some smart TVs and streaming devices like Fire Stick. These apps make setup a lot easier — they require similar steps to those included in the guide for smartphones and desktops. So, make sure to check and see if your VPN has one.
How to Sign Up for Peacock TV Outside the US
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its blazing-fast speeds and excellent reliability.
- Connect to a US server. Peacock is only available in the US.
- Go to the Peacock website or app, and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Choose a plan. Paid plans come with advantages like a larger library and no ads, but you’ll need a US credit card or PayPal account to sign up for them.
- Create an account. Fill in your details and finish the setup.
- Start watching Peacock TV.
FAQs on Watching Peacock TV With a VPN
Can I watch Peacock TV in Canada or the UK?
You can't watch Peacock TV in Canada unless you use a VPN. However, you can watch it in the UK if you're a Sky or NOW subscriber. Peacock TV is only available in the US and to Sky and NOW subscribers in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Italy.
Due to the limits of its licensing agreements, Peacock’s platform uses geo-restrictions to block anyone streaming from outside the US. However, if you use a VPN, you can access Peacock TV from anywhere. You’ll just need to connect to a US server in order to get a US IP address.
What devices can I watch Peacock TV on?
You can watch Peacock TV on a wide variety of devices. This includes iOS and Android smartphones, Windows and Mac computers, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, smart TVs, and gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation.
If you’re traveling outside the US, you’ll need a VPN to give you a US IP address. This is because Peacock’s licensing agreements only allow them to show content in the US, so they use geo-restrictions to block users elsewhere. Once you download your VPN, you can set it up to watch Peacock TV on any device.
Is Peacock TV free?
Yes, Peacock TV does offer a free plan. This plan comes with access to a limited library of shows and plays ads. Peacock also offers a Premium plan, which still has ads but gives you access to the entire Peacock TV library. This plan comes for free with certain Xfinity subscriptions but normally costs around $5 per month. If you want to get rid of the ads, you can sign up for Peacock Premium Plus for approximately $10 per month.
All of Peacock TV’s plans only let you watch content inside the US. However, if you’re traveling or temporarily living abroad, you can get access to your favorite shows with a VPN. A VPN will give you a US IP address, making it appear to Peacock TV that you’re browsing from the US.
Can I watch Peacock TV live with a VPN?
Yes, you can. With a quality VPN, you’ll be able to access all of Peacock TV’s content, including movies and TV shows on-demand and live TV. This means that you can not only catch your favorite shows but also your long-awaited sports events and other live TV while you’re traveling outside the US.
Why is my VPN not working with Peacock TV?
If your VPN isn’t letting you access Peacock TV, you may need to invest in a more reliable VPN. Peacock uses robust VPN-blocking technologies, so you’ll need a high-quality VPN to get into your account while traveling. There are a few troubleshooting tricks you can try if your VPN isn’t working:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies and then reload Peacock TV.
- Use an Incognito window.
- Try a different US server.
If none of these steps work, you’ll need to contact your VPN’s customer support.
Can I use free VPNs to watch Peacock TV?
It’s almost impossible for most free VPNs to unblock Peacock TV. While you can try to access Peacock TV using a free VPN service, I wouldn’t recommend it. I’ve tested several, and they are usually unreliable.
They typically have smaller server networks, so you’re more likely to experience slow speeds due to overcrowding. In addition, they can’t keep up with streaming platforms’ VPN-blocking technologies, so their IP addresses usually get blacklisted and won’t get into Peacock TV. Even if you do get on, you won’t be able to stream for a long time because of the limited data caps they come with.
Free VPNs can also be a security risk. They don’t have the security features that premium VPNs offer, so your data can be exposed and stolen by hackers. Many apps posing as free VPNs actually contain malware, so you may not even know what you’re downloading. Instead, I’d recommend a paid VPN with a money-back guarantee.
Start Watching Peacock TV Now
If you want to watch Peacock TV while traveling outside the US, all you need is a quality VPN. Due to licensing restrictions, Peacock and other streaming services use geoblocks to ensure that only users streaming from certain countries can access their content. By using a VPN to get a US IP address, you’ll be able to get past Peacock’s geoblocks and access all your favorite shows and movies wherever you want.
ExpressVPN is my #1 recommendation for watching Peacock TV outside the US. It’s the most reliable VPN for bypassing geoblocks and ensures uninterrupted streaming with the fastest speeds available. In addition, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free. If you decide it’s not for you, you can get a full refund.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching Peacock TV are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.