How to Watch Peacock TV Online With a VPN (2024 Guide)
- Quick Guide: How to Watch Peacock TV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Best VPNs to Watch Peacock TV in 2024
- ExpressVPN — Excellent Speeds for Watching Peacock TV in Ultra HD
- CyberGhost — Optimized Servers To Stream Peacock Without Interruptions
- Private Internet Access (PIA) — Extensive US Server Network for Watching Peacock Lag-Free
- NordVPN — Intuitive Interface to Stream Peacock TV Securely in a Few Clicks
- Surfshark — Securely Stream Peacock TV On As Many Devices As You Want
- How to Watch Peacock TV With a VPN on Any Device
- Where Can I Watch Peacock TV?
- FAQs on Watching Peacock TV With a VPN
- Watch Peacock TV in Minutes
NBC’s Peacock TV has some fantastic shows like The Office and Downton Abbey. But Peacock TV is only available as a standalone service in the US. With a NOW TV subscription, you can also watch Peacock from a handful of European countries, like Germany and Italy.
The platform looks at your IP address to determine whether you’re in the US. You could theoretically watch Peacock from anywhere by getting a US IP address with a VPN, but this violates copyright law, which I would never condone. However, VPNs are still crucial for streaming Peacock TV in the US to hide your personal data from third parties.
Out of all the VPNs I tested, my #1 recommendation for streaming Peacock from the US is ExpressVPN. It has UHD-friendly connection speeds, reliable servers, and an easy-to-use app. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free with Peacock TV.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Peacock TV With a VPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because of its reliability with Peacock TV and fast connection speeds. Plus, it’s backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try ExpressVPN risk-free.
- Select a US server. Connect to a server in or near your current US state for faster streaming speeds.
- Start watching Peacock TV. You can now watch Peacock TV without giving your data away to NBC and third-party advertisers.
Best VPNs to Watch Peacock TV in 2024
Tested February 2024 Try Risk-Free for 30 Days
|Stream Peacock in UHD privately with ExpressVPN’s lightweight and secure proprietary protocol
|Extremely fast — episodes loaded in UHD almost instantly
|3,000 servers in 105 countries, including 24 server locations in the US
|Peacock TV, Netflix, Disney+, Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, and more
ExpressVPN is the ideal choice for streaming Peacock in UHD, thanks to its notably faster Lightway protocol. Compared to other protocols, it uses far fewer lines of code, which translates to better speeds. While in the US, I tested several US servers, and my speeds remained consistently high — I had a mere 5% speed drop. I could watch shows like Couple to Throuple without any lag or buffering.
It has 24 US server locations, so you’ll never have to worry about overcrowding and slow connection speeds. ExpressVPN also updates its IP addresses constantly, ensuring they work seamlessly with Peacock. I tested several US servers from my hotel room in Miami and never had any issues, so I was always able to protect my data while I streamed.
Its MediaStreamer feature is great for watching Peacock TV on devices that don't support VPN apps, such as smart TVs. It's not as secure as a VPN as it doesn’t encrypt your connection, but it works with streaming services in the US and UK. Setting it up was easy — I followed the step-by-step guide on the ExpressVPN website and had Peacock streaming on my Miami hotel’s Samsung TV in 10 minutes.
ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive VPN options, with plans starting at $6.67/month. However, you can still save money as ExpressVPN often offers great deals and discounts. Plus, it comes with a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it out risk-free. I tested it by contacting its customer support and got my money back in 3 days.
- Split tunneling. This feature allows you to select which apps use the VPN and which apps don’t. For instance, I watched Peacock TV with the VPN while ordering takeout to my Miami hotel room on my unencrypted connection.
- Browser extensions. With easy-to-use browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, you can activate ExpressVPN with a click without having to leave your Peacock TV stream. These extensions activate the full app, too, so your whole device is protected when you click the power button.
- This lets you set up a 1-click connection to Peacock TV within the ExpressVPN app. So, after a long day at work, all you need to do is connect to a server within your licensed location, click your Peacock TV shortcut, and you’re ready to start binge-watching your favorite shows.
- 24/7 customer support. ExpressVPN provides round-the-clock customer support via live chat and email. Regardless of which licensed region you’re watching Peacock TV in, help is always available.
|Optimized Peacock TV streaming servers in the US that are regularly updated to ensure top performance
|Fast — I didn’t experience any buffering
|11,683 servers in 100 countries, including 11 regular and optimized US servers
|Peacock TV, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
CyberGhost has servers optimized for Peacock, so you can stream without any issues. These servers are constantly monitored to ensure they work reliably with Peacock TV in the US. I had no issues binge-watching Chicago Med on Peacock TV with this optimized server while relaxing in Miami.
During my tests in the US, I found an average speed drop of 9% across several US servers, including those optimized for streaming. While it’s not as high as ExpressVPN’s speeds, I found this impressive as a few servers I tried were thousands of kilometers away from my hotel room in Miami. I was always able to stream Peacock in UHD with no lag.
Its apps are also intuitive and easy to use, so it’s ideal for beginners. It took me just 3 seconds to find and connect to the server optimized for Peacock TV — all of its streaming servers are grouped under the For streaming tab. I also like that you can favorite your most-used servers, so you don’t have to search each time.
One minor drawback is that its short-term plan is more expensive and only offers a 14-day money-back guarantee. However, its other plans are more affordable, starting from $2.03/month for its longest subscription, and come with a longer refund period. All of CyberGhost’s longer plans offer a 45-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out without any risks.
- Smart Rules. CyberGhost's Smart Rules allow you to set up custom rules for how the app should behave. While traveling in the US, I set up Smar Rules to automatically connect to the Peacock-optimized US server when I opened the Peacock TV app on my Android smartphone.
- DNS and IP leak protection. Sometimes, the data your browser or device provides to Peacock TV can conflict with the information given by your VPN, and this can make connections less reliable. CyberGhost makes sure you can consistently watch Peacock TV in its licensed locations by eliminating this conflicting data.
- 7 simultaneous connections. This means everyone in your US household can watch their favorite shows on Peacock TV securely — no more arguing over the remote!
|Multiple servers in 53 US states, so you can always find a nearby fast server for streaming Peacock
|Fast — but episodes took a few seconds to load on some US servers
|29,650 servers in 91 countries, including 53 locations in the US
|Peacock TV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
PIA has servers in 53 US states, making sure you can watch Peacock TV uninterrupted from the US. Having so many servers means you won’t experience slowdowns resulting from server overcrowding. While traveling in the US, I tested the servers optimized for streaming on the US East and West Coast, and they worked great for watching Peacock TV.
I also like that PIA shows each server’s latency, making it easy to pick the best one for streaming live TV. Low latency is crucial for streaming Peacock TV’s live channels without buffering. While traveling in the US, I watched a Saturday Night Live rerun live on Peacock TV on the US East Streaming server with no issues.
Saying that, some US servers were faster than others. I had some lag on the US West Streaming server, and episodes took a few seconds more to load due to the 14% speed drop. That was to be expected, given it’s thousands of kilometers away from my hotel room in Miami. The US East server, which was closer to me, only dropped my speeds by 8%.
PIA’s cheapest option is the long-term plan that you can get for $2.03/month. Plus, all plans are covered by its 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out with Peacock TV risk-free.
- Ad blocker. PIA’s MACE blocks ads, trackers, and malicious websites, so it’ll help keep you safe if you accidentally click on a fake Peacock TV phishing email. Plus, it blocks third-party websites from tracking your activity on Peacock, and vice versa, giving advertisers less data about you.
- Dedicated IP. PIA offers you an option to purchase a unique IP address that isn't shared with other users. Peacock TV, like other streaming services, often blocks IP addresses that are shared by thousands of users. By using a unique IP, you’re more likely to have reliable connections to the service.
|Simple and clutter-free apps are ideal for VPN beginners looking to stream Peacock TV securely
|Fast — videos loaded instantly, and I could stream in UHD
|6,088 servers in 61 countries, with 1,970+ servers in the US
|Peacock TV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
With a clear, easy-to-understand user interface, NordVPN is a good choice for VPN beginners who want to stream Peacock TV securely. Its default layout is clearly organized, so you can easily find and connect to a server near you and start streaming. While testing in the US, it only took me a few clicks to find and connect to a nearby server.
Although not as fast as ExpressVPN, NordVPN gave me fast speeds for streaming Peacock TV in HD. While in Miami, I tested several US servers and had an average speed drop of 9%. This let me stream The Thick of It in HD with no lag, and each episode took only a second to load.
The biggest issue I found during testing was that it sometimes took up to a minute to connect to a nearby US server, which was a little frustrating. However, I usually found that disconnecting and trying again fixed the issue, and I’d be able to start streaming Peacock TV in seconds.
You can get a long-term NordVPN plan for $3.39/month. Plus, you can try it out using its 30-day money-back guarantee to see if it works well for you. I asked for a refund and received my money back 6 days later.
- Obfuscated servers. These servers disguise your VPN traffic as normal traffic, so you’ll be able to watch Peacock TV on restrictive networks that block streaming or VPNs. This means you can enjoy your favorite shows in the US whether you’re at work, school, or using public WiFi.
|Unlimited device connections make it a great option for large households of TV fans
|Fast — episodes only took a few seconds to load
|3,200 servers in 100 countries, including 25 server locations in the US
|Peacock TV, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, and more
Surfshark allows unlimited device connections under one account. This means that if you have a large household, you can share one account so everyone can protect their devices while streaming Peacock TV. When testing, I connected my PC, 2 Android phones, and my friend’s iPhone and didn’t experience any slowdowns as I kept adding devices.
It also offers an ad blocker, CleanWeb, that automatically detects and blocks ads and malicious websites. Scammers and hackers often send fake emails that are designed to look like they’re from Peacock TV to email addresses associated with the service. CleanWeb blocks known malicious domains to keep you safe if you accidentally click on a link in one of these emails.
The only downside is that Surfshark was the slowest service on this list. While testing from Miami, I had an average speed drop of 13% on nearby US servers, with larger drops when I connected to the West Coast. I was still able to stream 30 Rock in high quality, though — I just had a little buffering sometimes.
Surfshark’s plans start from as low as $2.89/month. Plus, all plans come with a reliable 30-day money-back guarantee so you can test out Surfshark for Peacock TV for free.
- Easy-to-use interface. Surfshark's user-friendly interface makes it easy to find and connect to the optimal server for Peacock TV, ensuring a hassle-free streaming experience.
How to Watch Peacock TV With a VPN on Any Device
A VPN allows you to securely watch Peacock TV in HD on a wide range of devices. This includes Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, smart TVs, Windows or Mac computers, Vizio TV, and Xfinity devices.
Smartphones and Desktops
- Download a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it was the fastest VPN I tested, so it’s great for Ultra HD streaming. You can download the VPN app from its website or your device’s app store. You’ll then be able to log in or sign up for an account.
- From the US, connect to a nearby server. This will replace your unsecured US IP address with a private one.
- Log into your Peacock TV account. You can do this by following the prompts on Peacock TV’s website if you’re on a computer or by using the Peacock TV app if you’re on a mobile. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to sign up with your US zip code.
- Start watching Peacock TV! You can now enjoy your favorite shows and movies in high quality without giving away your personal data.
Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, and Gaming Consoles
Some devices don’t support native VPN apps. This includes Roku, smart TVs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Chromecast. To use your VPN to watch Peacock TV without worrying about your safety on these devices, you’ll need to configure it on your router.
This guide shows you the steps for ExpressVPN’s router app, but the general steps will also apply to most other router setups.
- Get a VPN. I recommend ExpressVPN because it’s one of the only VPNs with a native router app, which makes it much easier to use.
- Download the router firmware. You can log into your router by typing your router’s IP address into your browser. Then, you can download your router’s firmware from the manufacturer’s website.
- Connect your router to the internet. After that, you can install ExpressVPN’s router firmware.
- Select a nearby US server from your location in the US. Open ExpressVPN’s router app and connect to a US server, and it will give you a secure US IP address with fast speeds. This will let you privately watch Peacock TV uninterrupted.
- Connect your device to the router network. After you connect it, open up Peacock TV on your device and start watching!
Some VPNs, like ExpressVPN, have native apps for some smart TVs and streaming devices like Fire Stick. These apps make setup a lot easier — they require similar steps to those included in the guide for smartphones and desktops. So, make sure to check and see if your VPN has one.
How to Sign Up for Peacock TV
- Go to the Peacock website or app. Click Get Started.
- Choose a plan. Both plans let you watch the full Peacock TV library, but the Plus plan removes most ads and lets you watch local NBC channels.
- Create an account. Fill in your personal and payment details and finish the setup. You can pay through PayPal or with a US credit card.
- Start watching Peacock TV! Now, you can enjoy popular shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Traitors, Law & Order, and more in UHD.
Where Can I Watch Peacock TV?
Peacock TV is only available as a standalone service in the US due to broadcasting restrictions and licensing agreements. This means you only enjoy its entire library if you’re in the US. When you try logging in from elsewhere, you will see this error message:
For US customers:
Your device must physically be located in the US to stream.
For other international audiences:
Peacock is not yet available in your territory.
You can also watch Peacock TV in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy if you have a NOW TV subscription. However, you can’t subscribe to Peacock directly.
FAQs on Watching Peacock TV With a VPN
Can I watch Peacock TV in Canada, India, Australia, or the UK?
You can't watch Peacock TV in Canada, India, or Australia. However, you can watch it in the UK if you're a NOW TV subscriber . Peacock TV is only available in the US and to NOW TV subscribers in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, and Italy.
Theoretically, you could use a VPN to obtain an IP address from the licensed countries and watch Peacock from anywhere. However, this may violate the platform’s terms and conditions and could be considered copyright infringement. We do not condone using a VPN in this way — always use a VPN responsibly.
Is Peacock free to watch?
No — Peacock TV discontinued its free plan. The closest you’ll get to watching Peacock TV for free is if you’re an Xfinity subscriber, as it’ll come included with your plan. Otherwise, you’ll need to sign up for a Peacock TV Premium or Premium Plus plan .
Can I watch Peacock TV without commercials or cable?
You don’t need a cable plan to watch Peacock TV , as it’s a standalone service. However, you can’t watch Peacock TV without ads completely. While the Premium Plus plan states it gets rid of ads, it notes that some programming (like live sports) will still show ads.
Can I watch Peacock TV on Amazon Prime Video?
No, Peacock TV isn’t available through Prime Video. You’ll have to sign up for Peacock TV as a standalone service. You can, however, get the Peacock TV app on your Amazon TV and Fire Stick.
Can I watch Peacock TV away from home?
You should be able to use your Peacock TV account in 2 different locations on multiple devices, as each account supports up to 3 simultaneous streams. If you’re traveling outside the US, then you can watch Peacock on NOW TV in certain European countries .
Can I watch Peacock TV offline?
Yes, with a Premium Plus plan. If you upgrade to the higher tier , you’ll be able to download your favorite shows and movies to watch while you’re traveling. However, there are some limitations to this. You can only have 25 downloaded videos per account at any time, and downloaded content only exists for 30 days, or 48 hours after you’ve started watching them.
Can I watch Peacock TV on multiple devices?
Yes! Peacock TV lets you stream simultaneously on 3 devices and download the app on as many devices as you like. So, you don’t need to argue over the remote. Every VPN I’ve recommended above offers at least 3 simultaneous connections , so you can make full use of your Peacock TV account without handing over your data to NBC and other advertisers.
Can I watch Peacock TV live with a VPN?
Yes, you can. With a quality premium VPN, you can securely watch all of Peacock TV’s content from the US — including movies, on-demand TV shows, and live TV. Just make sure you’ve picked the right Peacock TV plan for the live TV you want, as the Premium plan doesn’t include local NBC channels.
Why is my VPN not working for Peacock streaming?
You might need a more reliable VPN to stream Peacock uninterrupted. Peacock uses robust VPN-blocking technologies that block all IPs it suspects are from a VPN, even when you’re watching from within the US. So, the first step is to make sure you’re using a premium VPN that’s tried and tested to work reliably with Peacock TV.
Here are a few other troubleshooting tricks you can try to get back to streaming:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, and then reload Peacock TV.
- Use an Incognito window.
- Try a different US server.
Watch Peacock TV in Minutes
Peacock is only available in the US as a standalone service. It’s also licensed in a few other European countries through NOW TV. Theoretically, a VPN can give you a US IP address so you can access Peacock like you’re within the country. However, this goes against the platform's terms of service and is seen as copyright infringement.
Still, you should use a VPN to stay safe while streaming from the US. ExpressVPN is my #1 recommendation for watching Peacock TV from the US. It’s the most reliable VPN for uninterrupted streaming with the fastest speeds available. In addition, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
To summarize, the best VPNs for watching Peacock TV are…
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.