8 Best VPNs for Multiple Devices (FAST & UNLIMITED) in 2021
- The Best VPNs for Multiple Devices – Full Analysis (Updated July 2021)
- ExpressVPN – Lightning Fast and Super Reliable with 5 Connections per License
- CyberGhost – User-Friendly With up to 7 Device Connections
- Private Internet Access – Up to 10 Connections, P2P-Friendly
- IPVanish – Unlimited Simultaneous Connections + Unlimited Bandwidth
- VyprVPN – Up to 30 Connections per Account; Easily Bypasses Censorship
- PrivateVPN – Simple Interface With 6 Device Connections
- HMA VPN – Up to 5 Connections With Excellent Security
- ZenMate – Unlimited Simultaneous Connections and Dedicated Streaming Profiles
- Quick Guide: How to Use a VPN on Multiple Devices
Any VPN that wants to stay relevant in today’s competitive VPN market has to offer multiple device connections on a single account. But don’t be fooled by this marketing ploy – just because a VPN lets you connect multiple devices doesn’t mean it’s actually good.
Some VPNs limit your bandwidth, so you may be able to connect several devices, but you’ll have to put up with frustratingly slow connections on all of them. Some VPNs compromise your security, while others just aren’t very useful because they can’t get around geoblocks. Some offer multiple connections but aren’t compatible with all types of devices.
To see which VPNs are actually worth using, I gathered every device I own that can connect to WiFi (that’s a lot!) and even borrowed a few from my colleagues. I installed dozens of VPNs on each one and tried connecting them all at once to see what would happen. The results: My colleagues now hate me, but I managed to find the absolute best VPNs for multiple devices.
My recommendation is ExpressVPN. Not only does it offer 5 simultaneous connections, but it’s also one of the strongest VPNs in terms of features and security. You can try ExpressVPN risk-free for 30 days (it offers a money-back guarantee), or read on to see which other VPNs I was impressed with.
Short on time? Here are the best VPNs for multiple devices in July 2021
- ExpressVPN — The fastest, most reliable VPN gives you up to 5 device connections on a single account.
- CyberGhost – Easy to use and allows you to connect up to 7 devices simultaneously.
- Private Internet Access – Up to 10 connections with unlimited bandwidth.
- IPVanish — Unlimited simultaneous device connections, but a slightly smaller network.
- VyprVPN — 30 connections and great for bypassing firewalls and internet blocks
The Best VPNs for Multiple Devices – Full Analysis (Updated July 2021)
To create this list, I tested dozens of VPNs on every device I could get my hands on. I connected as many as I could all at once to see if there were any connection or compatibility problems.
I also checked to see which VPNs could access popular streaming services such as Netflix US and BBC iPlayer, and I tested each VPN’s security features to make sure they are reliable.
My colleagues and I continue to test these VPNs regularly to keep this list up-to-date with the absolute best VPNs for multiple devices.
- Up to 5 simultaneous device connections
- 3,000 servers in 94 countries
- Excellent speeds for streaming
- Automatic kill switch and no-logging policy
- Premium encryption with split-tunneling feature
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, CBC, NBC, HBO GO, Hulu, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Apple TV, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Kindle, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, gaming consoles, routers
During my tests, I found myself going back to ExpressVPN again and again, because it was the absolute best. You can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously on a single account, and this does not affect your connection speed in any way.
If you need more connections, ExpressVPN is compatible with most common routers and it even has a dedicated router app. Once you install it on your router, all devices connected to your WiFi will be protected.
ExpressVPN’s huge server network includes 3,000+ servers in over 94 countries. For the best speeds, you can use the Smart Location feature, which quickly connects you to the best server based on your location. You can see the full results of our speed tests in our in-depth ExpressVPN review.
In terms of security, ExpressVPN uses the highest-grade encryption available, 256-bit AES, and there’s a range of security protocols for you to choose from if need be. You’re also protected by an automatic kill switch and a strict no-logging policy.
I found the split tunneling feature especially useful. When it’s enabled, you can choose what traffic is encrypted through the VPN and what traffic goes through your normal connection. This means you can place an online order from the restaurant down the street in one window while torrenting anonymously in another.
ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which gives you an easy way to try it out for a month completely risk-free. I’ve tested this policy and I can tell you that canceling your account and getting a refund is no hassle at all.
- Up to 7 simultaneous device connections
- 7,198 servers in 91 countries
- Easy to use with a beginner-friendly interface
- Specialized servers optimized for streaming
- Automatic kill switch and no-logs policy
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Amazon Prime, SkyGO, BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku, gaming consoles, routers, Raspberry Pi
CyberGhost allows you to connect up to 7 devices simultaneously, which is perfect for a large household. It’s also a great solution if you own a lot of devices and it’s important to you to keep them all secure.
CyberGhost is easy to set up and use, and it’s compatible with all major operating systems and devices, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streamers such as Apple TV and Roku. It’s also compatible with a few different routers, which can give you an unlimited number of connections on your home or office WiFi.
If you’re looking for a VPN for streaming or bypassing geoblocks, CyberGhost is a great option. Its network includes 7,198 servers in 91 countries.
While I was testing CyberGhost, I really liked its dedicated streaming profiles. All you have to do is select the service you want to stream (e.g. Netflix or BBC iPlayer) and it will connect you to an optimized server.
And the connection speeds? Well, I was able to watch some of my favorite shows in HD quality, even when I was using all my 7 connections at once. You can see the full speed test results in our in-depth CyberGhost review.
CyberGhost is completely secure, too – it protects all your data with 256-bit AES encryption, and it comes with an automatic kill switch that prevents DNS and IP leaks. The company is based in Romania, outside the 5/9/14-Eyes Alliance, and there’s a strict no-logs policy. This means your identity and online activity always remain private.
In addition, there is a generous 45-day money-back guarantee. That’s a nice long time to try CyberGhost out risk-free.
- Up to 10 simultaneous connections on a single account
- 35,550+ servers in 78 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth and lightning-fast speeds
- Military-grade AES encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, HBO Go, HBO Now, Hulu, Disney+, Showtime, YouTube, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, routers
Private Internet Access gives you up to 10 simultaneous connections per subscription, which should be enough to cover all of your devices – but if it’s not, you can also set it up on your router, or even purchase a dedicated VPN router through the website.
The network includes over 35,550+ servers in 78 countries. Private Internet Access can easily unblock streaming services, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Go, and you get unlimited bandwidth, so you can stream from all 10 devices at once if you like!
To see the full speed test results, check out our in-depth Private Internet Access review.
Private Internet Access supports P2P activity, which makes it a good choice for torrenting. It has a strict no-logs policy and a kill switch that disconnects you from the internet if the VPN fails, protecting your anonymity and concealing your true location.
If anything goes wrong, Private Internet Access offers live chat support, a ticketing system, and step-by-step instructions for most compatible devices.
There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is a great way to test Private Internet Access risk-free and see if it’s right for you before you make a long-term commitment.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per license
- 1,900 servers in 75 countries
- Unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds
- Dedicated app for routers
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Connects with: Netflix, Hulu, SlingTV, Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Fire TV, and routers
IPVanish lets you connect unlimited devices simultaneously on a single account, giving you plenty of flexibility to share your subscription with family members or teammates. It’s compatible with all major operating systems and devices, and you can set it up on your router as well.
You get access to a network of 1,900 servers in 75 countries, which is a nice selection. You also get unlimited bandwidth, so you can browse, download, stream, and torrent without restrictions.
I was impressed with IPVanish’s connection speeds, even when I tried to connect over a dozen devices at once. You can see the full speed test results in our in-depth IPVanish review.
IPVanish secures your connection with high-end 256-bit AES encryption. There’s also an automatic kill switch that immediately cuts off your internet traffic if your IP connection drops out.
24/7 live chat support is available if you run into any trouble. You can also try out IPVanish with no risk thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Up to 30 simultaneous device connections
- 700 servers in 70 countries
- Proprietary Chameleon technology to bypass censorship and geo-restrictions
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, routers
VyprVPN is very user-friendly, which made it easy to set up on multiple devices during my testing. It lets you connect up to 30 devices on a single account, and with 700 servers in 70 countries, it’s great for getting around geo-restrictions.
When I tested VyprVPN for speed, it did pretty well, but the speeds were inconsistent at times. You can read our full VyprVPN review for an in-depth look at the test results.
The proprietary Chameleon technology makes VyprVPN a great choice for countries with heavy digital censorship, such as China and Russia. It scrambles your data to make it appear like regular internet traffic, so no one will even be able to detect that you’re using a VPN.
VyprVPN comes with high-end security features, including 256-bit AES encryption and an automatic kill switch. Its no-logging policy guarantees that your sensitive information is never stored, so it can’t be shared or stolen.
If you’re considering VuprVPN, you can try it out risk-free with its 30-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free trial. You’ll have access to all of the service’s premium features, including its 24/7 live chat support.
- Up to 6 simultaneous device connections
- 100+ servers in 63 countries
- Great speeds and user-friendly service
- Military-grade encryption, a no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, browsers, and routers
PrivateVPN has a simple, user-friendly interface and it allows you to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.
PrivateVPN’s network coverage is good, with 100+ servers in 63 countries. When I tested it, I could access Netflix US, Hulu, and several other streaming sites, and the speeds were decent.
You can read the full speed test results in our in-depth PrivateVPN review.
PrivateVPN is compatible with all major operating systems, and you can install it on most routers as well.
If you’ve never used a VPN before, you’ll appreciate PrivateVPN’s remote customer service. A support agent can actually install and configure the software on your device, plus help with troubleshooting.
You can rely on PrivateVPN to keep your personal data safe. It comes with 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and a no-logs policy. The no-logs policy is especially important in this case, as the company headquarters are based in Sweden, which is part of the 14-Eyes Alliance.
To see if PrivateVPN is right for you, you can take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee and try it out risk-free.
- Up to 5 simultaneous device connections
- 1,080 servers in 210 countries
- Military-grade encryption
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, Chrome, and routers
HMA VPN, formerly known as HideMyAss VPN, has and impressive network of 1,080+ servers in 210+ with locations (there are only 195 countries on this planet!).
A single subscription allows up to 5 simultaneous connections. If you need more than that, you can also install the software on your router (or buy a pre-flashed router).
When I tested HMA VPN for speed, it did not disappoint, even when I connected all 5 devices at once. You can see the full speed test results in our expert HMA VPN review.
HMA VPN comes with impressive security features, including IP shuffle, which issues a new IP address per the schedule you select, helping to ensure your anonymity. Get a new IP every three hours or every three minutes – it’s up to you. Other security measures include military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, an automatic kill switch, and a zero-logs policy.
This VPN also has split-tunneling, which lets you pick what traffic to encrypt and what to allow to pass locally.
HMA VPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it out risk-free.
- Unlimited simultaneous device connections
- 3,900 servers in 78 countries
- Super-easy installation and dedicated streaming profiles
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Works with: Netflix, SHOWTIME, HBO GO, Prime Video, and more
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire Stick, Firefox, and Chrome
ZenMate is another VPN that lets you connect as many devices as you want simultaneously, making it a great choice for large households and businesses. It has 3,900+ servers in 78+ locations worldwide.
ZenMate has an easy setup and installation process, which is really convenient when you’re using multiple devices.
With the dedicated streaming profiles, you don’t have to waste any time trying to find the right server – you’ll be automatically connected to the best one for your needs. The connection speeds are definitely fast enough for streaming. For the full details, see our in-depth ZenMate review.
ZenMate uses strong 256-bit encryption. For extra protection, it also gives you DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch, and a no-logs policy.
With the 30-day money-back guarantee, you can give ZenMate a try risk-free.
Quick Guide: How to Use a VPN on Multiple Devices
- Choose a quality VPN that allows simultaneous connections. My top choice is ExpressVPN, because it has super-fast speeds and lets you connect 5 devices at once..
- Sign up for a VPN plan, download the software and install it on your device.
- Repeat the process for each device you want to connect through your VPN. Use the same credentials to log in. Enjoy!
What I Looked For in the Best VPNs for Multiple Devices
To create this list of the best VPNs for multiple devices, I tested every major VPN that offers simultaneous device connections. But that was just the minimum requirement. The VPNs on my list are actually good, regardless of how many devices you can connect.
These were some of my criteria:
- Connection speeds: I looked for VPNs that don’t slow your connection down, even when you connect a large number of devices simultaneously. As far as I’m concerned, the number of connected devices should have no effect on your speed.
- Unblocking capabilities: The VPNs on my list can easily change your IP address and get around even the toughest geoblocks and anti-VPN technologies. You can use them to unblock major streaming services such as Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO, Prime Video, ESPN, and many more.
- Airtight security: I’ve had my connection hacked before, and I was using a free VPN at the time. These days, I only rely on premium VPNs that can deliver strong security features, from 256-bit encryption (never settle for less!) to an automatic kill switch. The VPNs I recommend to you are the ones I’d be willing to use myself.
- Privacy: I only recommend VPNs that have a strict no-logs policy, and I check these policies myself, reading through every word of the fine print. We need to protect our right to digital privacy, and nobody should be keeping logs of our online activity. Why? Because it’s nobody’s business.
Do I need a separate VPN plan for each device I have?
No! You can just subscribe to a VPN that offers multiple connections on a single plan. Then, all you have to do is install the VPN software on any device you want to use with it, and log in with the same credentials. I recommend ExpressVPN, because it has super-fast speeds and you can connect up to 5 devices simultaneously.
Can I share my VPN with my family?
If you choose a VPN with multiple connections, then sure – you can share the credentials with anyone in your household.
How many users can connect to a VPN?
It depends on the VPN. Here’s a list of the top VPNs and the number of connections they offer:
- ExpressVPN – Up to 5 device connections
- CyberGhost – Up to 7 device connections
- Private Internet Access – Up to 10 device connections
- IPVanish — Unlimited device connections
- VyprVPN — Up to 30 device connections
What is the best free VPN for multiple devices?
That’s a tricky question. I generally recommend staying away from free VPNs – it might seem like you’re getting a bargain, but you’ll usually find yourself paying for the service in other ways. Best case scenario, you get constant ads plastered on your screen, which gets very irritating very fast. Worst case scenario, you get a VPN with mediocre security, or one that sells your private data to third parties (unfortunately, it’s been known to happen).
Some premium VPNs offer free plans, but these are typically very limited in terms of bandwidth or server access, and you can usually use them on only one device at a time.
I do have some good news though: All the premium VPNs in this list offer money-back guarantees. That means you can test them out risk-free and if you’re not fully happy with the service, you can claim a refund within the guarantee period.
Which VPN offers the most simultaneous connections?
Do I have to connect all my devices to the same VPN server?
No way! Once you’ve installed your VPN software on all your devices, you can choose a different server or even a different country to connect each device.
What can I use a VPN for?
A VPN secures your connection and keeps your private data private, but it can do much more than that. A VPN can mask your IP address to make it seem as if you’re located in a different country, allowing you to access geo-restricted content.
To learn more about the benefits of using a VPN, read our ultimate beginner’s guide to VPNs.
Can I install a VPN on my router?
Some VPNs are compatible with VPN-friendly routers. Most of the VPNs on my list provide detailed guides to help you set them up on your router. ExpressVPN even has a dedicated router app.
For more information, see our step-by-step guide to installing a VPN on a router.
Why install a VPN on my router?
Most VPNs have a cap on how many devices you can connect at one time. When you install a VPN on your router, your WiFi signal counts as one connection. This means you can connect an unlimited amount of devices through your WiFi, without going over your simultaneous connections quota.
Another bonus is the ease of having all your devices instantly protected by the configured VPN router. Every device that connects through WiFi is guaranteed anonymity and all of a VPN’s benefits. Even devices that aren’t usually compatible with VPNs, such as gaming consoles, smart TVs, and streaming sticks, are covered by this method.
Are there any disadvantages to installing a VPN on my router?
There are many benefits to a manually configured VPN router; however, there are a few disadvantages. For example, the installation process can be quite technical, especially if you have to flash your current router.
Opting for a pre-flashed router that’s been pre-configured with a VPN is also an option. But the drawback is that they can be expensive.
Another disadvantage is that once you’ve selected a server location for your router, all devices that connect to WiFi are tied to that server location. This can be problematic if you’re connected to a server abroad but want to access local content. You can get around this by simply changing the server location again, but once more, all devices are subject to the new location.
All things considered, you might be better off with a VPN like IPVanish, which allows unlimited simultaneous device connections.
The Bottom Line
I spent weeks testing and comparing dozens of services to find the best VPNs for multiple devices. Every VPN on this list offers security, speed, and multiple simultaneous connections so you can log in with all of your devices.
Of all the VPNs on the list, my top choice is ExpressVPN because of its unparalleled reliability and 5 simultaneous device allowance. It also comes with top security features and lightning-fast speeds.
Looking to install a VPN on your router to ensure accessibility to an unlimited amount of devices? Check out our guide for the best VPNs for routers.
To summarize, here are the best VPNs for multiple devices in 2021:
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.