VyprVPN Not Working With Netflix in 2024? Here’s a Quick Fix
Running into trouble with VyprVPN while trying to keep your Netflix streaming secure? You're not alone. It's frustrating when you're using VyprVPN for privacy, and it suddenly stops working with Netflix.
Netflix is a popular service worldwide, but its libraries are region-specific, meaning you won’t be able to watch Netflix US in Australia and vice versa. Netflix blocks all VPNs and proxies it detects, even if you use a local IP address, to fight against users who bypass geoblocks with VPNs.
Theoretically, you could use a VPN to obtain a foreign IP address to watch the Netflix library from another country. However, this may violate Netflix’s terms and conditions and could potentially be viewed as copyright infringement.
If you're facing difficulties using VyprVPN with Netflix and your goal is to fortify your connection against tracking rather than bypassing geographical restrictions, we've got you covered. In this article, we'll walk you through simple steps to get VyprVPN up and running with Netflix again so you can get back to enjoying your favorite local shows with the assurance that your online activities are private and secure.
Quick Guide: How to Watch Netflix Securely With VyprVPN in 3 Easy Steps
- Sign up for VyprVPN.
- Download the app, install it, and connect to a local server.
- Log in to Netflix and start secure streaming.
Already Have VyprVPN but Can’t Watch Netflix?
Even using VyprVPN on your device, you can still run into the Netflix proxy error. There can be several reasons for this. Go through this troubleshooting checklist and suggestions to get things started:
- Turn off GPS and other location services - Try disconnecting from VyprVPN and closing your browser or Netflix app, then turning off GPS/location services. Next, clear your cache, reconnect to VyprVPN’s local server, and try opening your Netflix subscription again.
- Clear cookies and cache - Emptying your cache and deleting the cookies could help you gain access. You could also try using your browser’s incognito mode.
- Switch to a different local server - Make sure you use one of VyprVPN’s streaming-optimized servers if available for your location. Not all standard servers are capable of uninterrupted streaming. If you’re already using a streaming-optimized server, try switching to another one in the same region.
- Control VPN leakages - A VPN masks your IP address by providing another local one. However, your IP information can still leak and be detected. Make sure that your IP address isn’t being leaked.
- Use a browser instead of the app - Using a VPN to securely watch Netflix via a browser may give you better luck. Streaming apps can have stronger anti-VPN technology built-in than a browser, which could create issues when attempting to sign in with a VPN.
- Change VPN provider - You can try another VPN that works well with Netflix. ExpressVPN keeps my connection secure while streaming my local Netflix library. Besides, the VPN comes with excellent speeds for buffer-free HD streaming. The best part is you can try ExpressVPN for free, knowing it backs its service with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why Use VyprVPN to Watch Netflix
Golden Frog, VyprVPN’s parent company, is located in privacy-friendly Switzerland and employs a strict no-logging policy. While it collects minimally invasive usage information to help it repair issues and update services, it will never store your browsing history or personal information.
VyprVPN offers over 700 servers in 70 countries. This means it’s not likely to run into server overcrowding while streaming your local Netflix library from your country. While in the US, I connected to a US server and watched my favorite Netflix shows in HD without interruptions. Plus, you can use it on up to 5 devices simultaneously.
It doesn’t slack when it comes to security, either. VyprVPN’s proprietary Chameleon protocol makes your VPN traffic look like regular internet traffic, helping you avoid intentional ISP throttling. It also protects your data with military-grade encryption and public WiFi protection.
Plus, you can test out VyprVPN for free using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
What’s the best VPN for Netflix?
ExpressVPN is a reliable and effective VPN service that works well with Netflix. It comes with military-grade encryption to avoid Netflix tracking and protect your sensitive data from hackers. It also has impressive speeds for buffer-free UHD streaming.
Does a free VPN work to watch Netflix?
There are plenty of VPN providers that offer services for free. Still, free VPNs tend to act dodgy, and I routinely recommend avoiding certain free services. Bypassing Netflix’s firewall requires strong features that most free VPNs just don’t have.
Still, if you’re dead set on a free VPN here are the best ones, just keep in mind even the best free options impose heavy restrictions on features like speed, server selection, and data.
Which VPN is the fastest?
ExpressVPN is by far the fastest VPN I tested to watch Netflix shows in HD without interruptions. While all VPNs do slow your connection to some degree, with ExpressVPN, it’s hardly noticeable.
What if your VPN keeps loading all the time?
If your VPN is slow, there are several things you can do to make it faster. The encryption level set in your VPN client can cause your internet speed to slow down. Many VPNs allow you to adjust it, and for accessing Netflix, it is better to choose OpenVPN or Wireguard; in a pinch IKEv2.
VyprVPN is generally regarded as a reliable VPN provider for watching Netflix privately. It boasts extensive compatibility with user-friendly, secure, and dependable applications. Additionally, their live chat support is readily available and proves to be helpful whenever you require assistance with connection setup or troubleshooting.
Now that it’s officially a no-log VPN service and has been publicly audited, it’s even better for privacy-minded users than before. Plus, it offers that 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can test it for yourself without making a hard commitment to the service right away.
Your data is exposed to the websites you visit!
Your IP Address:
Your Internet Provider:
The information above can be used to track you, target you for ads, and monitor what you do online.
VPNs can help you hide this information from websites so that you are protected at all times. We recommend ExpressVPN — the #1 VPN out of over 350 providers we've tested. It has military-grade encryption and privacy features that will ensure your digital security, plus — it's currently offering 49% off.