Alex (Shurf) Frenkel
(Ex-Hacker and Technical Researcher)
LiquidVPN is a small, new but very innovative VPN provider. They are constantly innovating and improving their service. It offers servers located in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Romania, and Singapore. It uses OpenConnect/AnyConnect, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSEC, SSTP and PPTP VPN protocols, with very high levels of encryption, including ES-256-CBC, AES-128-CBC, AES-256-GCM, and Camellia-256-CBC. It offers unlimited server and port switching, with no limits on bandwidth. It can be freely used for torrent and peer-to-peer file sharing. It provides secure, reliable and speedy connections.
Their most innovative feature is the modulating IP connections. With this, public IP addresses that are constantly changed, and the more people use the service, the more the IP addresses will be changed. It consists of a shared IP that modulates between different IP addresses. This affords extra anonymity to users. LiquidVPN keeps no logs of user online activity, and they regularly publish transparency reports.
LiquidVPN works on Windows and Mac OS X, with its own LiquidVPN Software. LiquidVPN has an Android app and provides detailed instructions on how to use the device's built-in VPN dialer to use LiquidVPN. This means it can be used also on smartphones and tablets, as well as in consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. LiquidVPN offers dedicated 24/7 customer support, which can be contacted via email or a ticket system. It also provides users with a extensive set of instructions, tutorials, FAQs and troubleshooting files. Remote desktop support is also available.
LiquidVPN offers three price plans: SideKick, Road Warrior and Ultimate. These offer the same features and performance, but the maximum number of devices that can be online at any time varies from two to four to eight respectively. Plans can be subscribed monthly or annually. LiquidVPN offers a money back guarantee.
|Number of countries with servers||10|
|Number of servers||40|
|Does VPN keep logs?||No|
|Does VPN include a kill switch?||No|
|Number of devices per license||8|
1. Download LiquidVPN from here
2. Allow the program to make changes to your hard-drive
3. Progress through the Set-up Wizard, then click "Install"
4. Another pop-up will appear – this is to install the TAP program (which is necessary for the VPN to run correctly), click "Next"
5. You must ensure that the Ethernet Adapter is selected (the other two choices are optional and not required for the program to function)
6. Click "Install", another pop-up will appear on your screen, click "Install" on this too
7. Click "Next", then "Finish"
8. Click the LiquidVPN icon in your taskbar (located at the bottom right of your screen)
9. Enter your VPN username and password when prompted
10. The dashboard of the program will have a server selected which you can simply connect to by clicking "Connect", or if you wish to use a different location, you can click the button next to this in order to select another server
LiquidVPN offers a money back guarantee on each of their 3 plans: SideKick, Road Warrior and Ultimate. These plans offer identical features but differ in the number of devices it allows you to use (2, 4 or 8), the more devices available the higher the price. Subscriptions are available for either 1 or 12 months.
LiquidVPN has a knowledgebase forum as well as a FAQ section. They also have a ticket system with good response times, and friendly and informative staff. The connections provided are stable, though the speeds weren"t great.
- Modulating IP technology
- Torrenting permitted
- No logs and great encryption
- Cheap service
- lots of personal info required
- Get started with LiquidVPN now