My Private Network VPN Review (2020) - Why It's NOT For Everyone
In February 2019, My Private Network merged with Le VPN. The service is easy to install and setup, and it works with popular operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Mac OS X, and Android. It works with a range of devices including gaming consoles and routers.
Unfortunately, it can't unblock Netflix. If you're looking for a VPN for streaming, we recommend NordVPN instead. It can unblock 140+ streaming services in high definition.
My Private Network is a popular VPN provider with servers in 44 locations, including the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Italy, Japan, India, and more. The service supports PPTP, L2TP, SSL and IKEv2 VPN protocols, and online traffic is encrypted. My Private Network provides speedy and reliable connections, with no bandwidth limits, that may even be used for streaming video. It is possible to download torrents using their servers in Russia and Malaysia
My Private Network is easy to install, configure and use. It works with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android. This means it can be used on a variety of devices such as desktop and laptop computer, tablets and smartphones, but also on DD-WRT routers, Kindle Fire, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox, and more. There are detailed setup guides available at the My Private Network website, as well as extensive FAQs. Support can be contacted through an online email form.
There are two plans available on My Private Network: single country subscription and global subscription, which includes access to all server locations. Each of these plans can be signed up for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months, with single payment, which means that the user does not need to cancel the service after the subscription period has expired. There are also continuously billed subscription option available via PayPal. If the user is not happy with the service, My Private Network will provide a refund.
To find a VPN that can unblock Netflix and other popular streaming sites, check out these top streaming-optimized VPNs instead.
|Number of countries with servers||44|
|Number of servers||190|
|Number of IP addresses||2500|
|Does VPN keep logs?||Partially|
|Does VPN include a kill switch?||No|
|Number of devices per license||5|
1. Download the VPN application
2. Click “Run”
3. When you reach the Set-up Wizard click “Next”, then “I Agree” (you must agree in order to install the application)
4. Next you must select the countries you wish to be able to connect to (only choose one if you have subscribed to the single country subscription), click “Next”
5. Select the protocol you wish to connect through.
6. Enter your VPN username and password and click “Next”
7. Leave the installation directory as default and click “Install”
8. Click “Next”, then “Finish” to complete installation
9. Right-click on the program icon in the taskbar (bottom right hand corner of your screen), select the country you wish to connect to, then click “Connect” – if the connection has been successful the icon will change from red to green
1 Year Plan
6 Months Plan
1 Month Plan
My Private Network offers two plans: Single Country and Global Subscription (the only option that gives access to multiple locations). The service is available for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months – it does not renew automatically so you don’t need to worry about cancelling, though they do have an option to renew the plan automatically via PayPal. Refunds are available to those who are unhappy with the service.
My Private Network offers a detailed knowledge base and set-up instructions. If you require direct contact, they offer a message service on their website (replies usually come in around an hour). Speeds are good, we were able to stream content with no problems, and the reliability of the service is good, with no lost connections.
- Only pay for what you will connect to
- Low cost
- Reasonable network size
- Slower than average connections
- Limited support options
- Works with games consoles
- Get started with My Private Network VPN now